CRISPY, SPICY CAULIFLOWER PANCAKES
They may not sound too appetizing but wait until you try these! Amazingly delicious and hard to believe they're actually good for you! These are delicious on their own but can also be dipped in tomato sauce, pasta sauce, marinara sauce, salsa, etc. Good for a quick on-the-go breakfast or snack.
Provided by LusciousMuffins
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until cauliflower is slightly translucent and garlic and onions are soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a bowl and let cool.
- Place cottage cheese, egg whites, hot sauce, parsley, oregano, and garlic powder in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour into the bowl of cauliflower mixture; mix completely. Spoon mixture evenly into the greased muffin cups and press down so pancakes are even and flat.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges and tops are golden and crispy, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 41.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1.8 g, Cholesterol 2.8 mg, Fat 2.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 120.6 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
- Beat egg yolks.
- Add remaining ingredients, except egg whites and garnish, and beat until smooth.
- gently fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot greased griddle.
- Turn pancakes when they ar puffed and full of bubbles, but before bubbles break.
- Cook other side until golden.
- Garnish with sifted icing sugar and lemon rind strips.
SPICY CRESPELLE (PANCAKES)
An 'eggy' cheese-filled pancake with a spiced tomato sauce. A good lunch (or starter if you cook smaller pancakes).
Provided by robertmalcolm
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Note - there's no need to worry about anything going cold during the preparation of the pancakes and filling as they are baked in the oven at 200C/fan 180C/gas 6
- 1. Place the flour, salt and eggs in a large bowl, add half the milk and whisk well until the mixture is lump free. Add the remaining milk and whisk again until smooth. Pour into a jug.
- Heat a 25cm/10in diameter non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe around the pan with a piece of kitchen paper. Pour a little of the batter into the pan and immediately tilt the pan to spread the batter evenly over the base. Cook for 2mins or until the base is golden brown. Flip with a spatula and cook for a further 1-2mins until the base is cooked. Make another 3 pancakes in the same way and set aside.
- For the filling, heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and sautÃÂ© until soft - about 5 mins. Add the garlic, then watercress. Cover with a lid and cook for 4mins or until the leaves are wilted.
- Tip into a bowl and mix in the Cheddar and Gruyere, half the Parmesan, nutmeg and pepper to taste.
- Lay the pancakes out and divide the filling between them spooning it into the middle of each. Fold the sides over the filling, then roll up the pancakes. Place seam side down in a lightly greased ovenproof dish. Bake for 20 mins while making the sauce.
- For the sauce, heat the oil over a moderate heat and add the onion and chilli. Cook with a lid on for 3 mins, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins before adding the tomatoes. Break up the tomatoes (or use chopped) and combine in the pepper and basil. Allow to simmer gently, lid off, until the pancakes have baked.
- Serve the pancakes and spoon the sauce over the top, then add more grated Parmesan to finish. Serve with a green salad.
HOLIDAY SPICE PANCAKES
With hints of clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon, these pancakes make every breakfast a holiday. This perfect blend of flavoring will spice up your morning any time of the year!-Cindy Fuller, Forest City, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 pancakes.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Mulling Spices, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened., Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 57mg cholesterol, Sodium 302mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
CRESPELLE (BAKED PANCAKE PARCELS)
For a great tasting supper, rustle up these baked pancake parcels with cheese and prosciutto filling under a bubbling tomato sauce. Kids love them!
Provided by English_Rose
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together in a large bowl. Season well with nutmeg, salt and pepper and set aside.
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a moderate heat.
- Add the garlic, and as soon as it begins to brown add the tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over a fairly high heat for about 15-20 minutes, until thickened, stirring frequently. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F Take the first pancake and spoon one eighth of the filling across the centre. Flip the sides over to cover the ends of the filling then roll the pancake parcel up neatly.
- Place in a lightly oiled ovenproof dish large enough to take all the filled pancakes in a cosy, single layer.
- Repeat with the remaining pancakes and filling. Pour over the tomato sauce then bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, until bubbling hot. Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 926.2, Fat 58.5, SaturatedFat 23.4, Cholesterol 199.9, Sodium 1323.5, Carbohydrate 61.2, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 8.4, Protein 40.9
More about "spicy crespelle pancakes recipes"
PANCAKE DAY RECIPE: CRESPELLE ITALIAN CRêPES - PALAZZO …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CRESPELLE ALLA FIORENTINA RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
RACHEL RODDY’S RECIPE FOR CHEESY CRESPELLE | FOOD | THE …
ITALIAN SWEET CRESPELLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PANCAKE, WAFFLE AND CREPE RECIPES | RICARDO
GORDON RAMSAY'S SPICY PANCAKES - FOXTEL
HOW TO MAKE EASY ITALIAN PANCAKES CALLED CRESPELLE
ITALIAN CRESPELLE PANCAKES RECIPE | GOODTO
4/5 (205)Category DinnerCuisine ItalianTotal Time 45 mins
31 CRESPELLE RECIPE IDEAS | CRESPELLE RECIPE, RECIPES, FOOD
CRESPELLE SOUP RECIPE - KESTANDEE.COM
A RECIPE FOR ITALIAN-STYLE CRESPELLE PANCAKES MADE WITH SALMON
CRESPELLE WITH RICOTTA AND SPINACH - THE GIRL LOVES TO EAT
TOP 10 SAVOURY PANCAKE RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
SMEG RECIPES - ITALIAN CRESPELLE PANCAKES | SMEG UK
CRESPELLE PANCAKES RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
CRESPELLE SWEET ITALIAN PANCAKES - FARMERSGIRL KITCHEN
ITALIAN CRESPELLE PANCAKES - SMEG
CRESPELLE FOR PANCAKE DAY RECIPE | PAXTON & WHITFIELD
TASTETORONTO | CRESPELLE PANCAKES
DELICIOUS CRESPELLE RECIPES PERFECT FOR PANCAKE DAY - STIRRED
ITALIAN CRESPELLE PANCAKES | SHEERLUXE
WHAT IS CRESPELLE? (WITH PICTURE) - WISEGEEK
ITALIAN CRESPELLE PANCAKES | ITALIAN RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
CRISPY SPICED POTATO PANCAKES - INSPIRED TASTE
SPICY CABBAGE PANCAKES RECIPE - MADS' COOKHOUSE
EASY PANCAKE TOPPINGS: 26 OF THE BEST SWEET AND SAVOURY PANCAKE ...
SWEET RICE-FLOUR PANCAKES (CRESPELLE) – LOST RECIPES FOUND
ITALIAN CRESPELLE RECIPE FOR PANCAKE DAY | WELLBEING | YOURS
CRESPELLE WITH SPINACH AND RICOTTA | SAVOURY PANCAKE RECIPES | SBS …
10 BEST SPICY PANCAKES RECIPES | YUMMLY
RED VELVET PANCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE - SPICY SOUTHERN …
CRESPELLE (STUFFED PANCAKES) RECIPE
13 SIMPLE CREPES, CRESPELLE, PANCAKES & WAFFLES IDEAS | RECIPES ...
ITALIAN CRESPELLE PANCAKES | ITALIAN RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW | RECIPE ...
ITALIAN CRESPELLE PANCAKES | SECRET SAUCE
FLIP YOUR IDEAS: SAVOURY PANCAKES FOR DINNER | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
LIDIA BASTIANICH CRESPELLE RECIPE - FOOD14
CRESPELLE SOUP RECIPE
CRESPELLE WITH SPINACH AND RICOTTA - THIN PANCAKES
ITALIAN CRESPELLE PANCAKES | EGG RECIPES - BRITISH LION EGGS
SPICY STUFFED PANCAKES - SAVOURY CREPES- STUFFED CREPES
You'll also love