MAPLE BAKED BEANS
Since my husband raises hogs and my parents produce maple syrup, this recipe's a natural for me! I usually prepare Maple Baked Beans just for us during the winter. In summer, I'll often make it for family picnics and get-togethers.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sort and rinse beans; place in a 4-qt. Dutch oven. Cover with 2 qts. cold water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans. Return beans to Dutch oven; cover with remaining water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and reserve liquid. In a 2-1/2-qt. casserole or bean pot, combine beans with all remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until tender. Stir occasionally; add reserved bean liquid, if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 453mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 10g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
SPICY BAKED BEANS
Tangy and sweet old-fashioned baked beans with a little jalapeno. They're easy to make and great at a BBQ, hamburger night, a picnic, etc. My husband's favorite semi-homemade recipe. Says the sweetness and fire create a super depth of flavor. It's not strong enough to overwhelm the sweet home-style of baked beans.
Provided by Katherine Wright
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook and stir bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat to render some fat, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir onion into the rendered fat and cook until the bacon is crisp and the onion is tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir baked beans, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, prepared mustard, minced jalapeno pepper, chili powder, and mustard powder together in a large bowl; add bacon mixture and stir. Pour the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the liquid has thickened, 45 to 55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196.3 calories, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 3.3 mg, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 695.3 mg, Sugar 22.2 g
MAPLE BAKED BEANS
- 1. In a large pan, cover the beans with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender, about 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 3. In a bowl, combine everything else except the bacon. Stir in the beans.
- 4. Place 1 bacon strip at the bottom of a large ovenproof dish or Dutch oven. Pour the bean mixture over it, then push the other strip in.
- 5. Add just enough boiling water to the pot to cover everything.
- 6. Cover the pot with aluminum foil, then a lid. Bake for 5 hours, checking hourly to make sure the beans aren't drying out. (Add more water as necessary to keep them submerged.) 7 Uncover for the last half hour to brown the top, if desired.
MAPLE BAKED BEANS
- In a 7 1/2-quart ovenproof heavy kettle measuring about 12 inches across combine beans, onion, garlic, bacon, and water and simmer, covered partially, 1 hour. Ladle out and reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a bowl stir together reserved cooking liquid, maple syrup, mustard, and paprika until combined well and stir into bean mixture with enough additional water to just cover beans.
- Bake beans, covered, adding water at hourly intervals to keep mixture just covered, 5 hours.
More about "spicy maple baked beans recipes"
MAPLE SPICE BOSTON BAKED BEANS - THE DARING GOURMET
Servings 6Total Time 8 hrs 5 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
MAPLE BAKED BEANS RECIPE | THE VOICE OF THE MOUNTAINS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SLOW COOKER BAKED BEANS WITH MAPLE SYRUP | RICARDO
5/5 (252)Total Time 9 hrs 10 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 455 per serving
RECIPE: TRADITIONAL MAINE BAKED BEANS – SIMPLE LIVING NEW ...
SPICY MAPLE BAKED BEANS RECIPE - KEVIN SOUSA | FOOD & …
Servings 8-10Total Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the salt, bacon, onion, beans and hot dogs. Bring the sauce to a boil, whisking to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer until reduced by one-third, about 20 minutes. Season with salt.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a large enameled cast-iron casserole, cook the bacon over moderate heat, stirring, until the fat has rendered, 5 minutes. Add the onion and cook until softened, 8 minutes. Stir in the beans, hot dogs and sauce, cover partially and bake for 1 hour, until the beans are glazed. Season the beans with salt and serve.
HOMEMADE QUEBEC MAPLE BAKED BEANS - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
5/5 (42)Total Time 8 hrs 10 minsCategory Main or BrunchCalories 263 per serving
SPICY MAPLE BAKED BEANS - HEALTHIER DISHES
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 5-6
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Add the onions to the pan and saute for 3 minutes. Add the cumin and chipotle chili powder to the pan and cook, stirring, for one minute.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces and add back to the pan, as well as the remaining ingredients, stir to combine. Simmer for ten minutes, then pour the mixture into a 2qt. baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 300° for 1 hour.
THERMOMIX RECIPE: SPICY MAPLE BAKED BEANS | TENINA.COM
3/5 (1)Category BreakfastIs Accessible For Free False
- Preheat oven to 140°C and drain beans. Place beans into heavy casserole dish and set aside. (I used a cast iron dish with a lid.)
BROWN SUGAR MAPLE BAKED BEANS - THE GARLIC DIARIES
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 16Total Time 55 mins
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot (a Dutch oven would be perfect), add your bacon. Let that cook for a few minutes while you chop your veggies. Add your onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the bacon and cook until the veggies have softened
- To this, add all of your remaining ingredients (beans, ketchup, brown sugar, maple syrup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cornstarch. Season with salt
SPICY MAPLE BAKED BEANS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 8 hrs 15 minsCategory PorkCalories 336 per serving
- Soak beans overnight in 6C water, or boil 2 minutes to soften and let soak 1 hour while prepping other ingredients. Drain beans.
- Mix all in crockpot/casserole, adding enough water to cover, plus about 4 inches extra. Check pot halfway through and add more water if dry. If you won't be home, just start out with more water; you can cook it off during the final hour. When removing cover for the last hour, taste and adjust seasonings.
MAPLE BAKED BEANS - THYME & LOVE
Cuisine Vegan; AmericanCategory SideServings 8Total Time 8 hrs 15 mins
- Add the onion, tomato sauce, maple syrup, molasses, vinegar, mustard and chipotle pepper. Stir. Pour the hot water and stir everything together.
- Once the beans are tender, add the salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. For more spice, add an additional minced chipotle pepper.
MAPLE BAKED BEANS - SMARTYPANTSKITCHEN
Ratings 3Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
VEGAN BBQ BAKED BEANS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
MAPLE BAKED BEANS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BAREFOOT CONTESSA BAKED BEANS RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
SPICY MAPLE BAKED BEANS RECIPE
SPICY MAPLE BAKED BEANS RECIPES
RECIPE SPICY MAPLE BAKED BEANS - YOUTUBE
#lactose #bacon #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #side-dishes #beans #pork #oven #easy #potluck #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #inexpensive #egg-free #free-of-something #meat #to-go #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook baked beans in the oven?Stir baked beans, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, prepared mustard, minced jalapeno pepper, chili powder, and mustard powder together in a large bowl; add bacon mixture and stir. Pour the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven until the liquid has thickened, 45 to 55 minutes.
What is the recipe for baked beans with bacon and ketchup?Directions. Stir baked beans, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, prepared mustard, minced jalapeno pepper, chili powder, and mustard powder together in a large bowl; add bacon mixture and stir. Pour the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven until the liquid has thickened,...
How to cook baked beans in a slow cooker?Slow cooker method for baked beans: Transfer the rinsed precooked beans in your slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir together and place a whole onion in the center. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or until the beans are tender. If the mixture appears dry, you can add some water.
Can you eat baked beans for breakfast?But these baked beans can easily be enjoyed at breakfast, lunch or supper and throughout the year. They make one of the best side dishes, especially when served alongside this finger-licking recipe for Bar-B-Barn Ribs.