SPICY TAMARIND-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS
These grilled chicken wings are marinated in tamarind purée, fish sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and cumin, with more brushed on as they grill.
Provided by Rachel Gurjar
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk tamarind purée, fish sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, cumin, and 1 tsp. Diamond Crystal or ½ tsp. Morton kosher salt in a medium bowl until combined and a loose paste forms. Set tamarind glaze aside.
- Pat wings dry with paper towels, then season all over with remaining 2 tsp. Diamond Crystal or 1 tsp. Morton kosher salt. Place in a large bowl; add half of tamarind glaze and toss to coat. Chill 15 minutes. Set remaining glaze aside.
- Meanwhile, place onion in a bowl of ice water and set aside.
- Prepare a grill for medium indirect heat (for a charcoal grill, bank coals on one side of grill; for a gas grill, leave one or two burners off). Arrange wings on grate over indirect heat, making sure not to overcrowd. Brush top of each wing with some reserved glaze. Cover and grill 15 minutes. Uncover, turn wings over, and brush other side with glaze. Re-cover and grill until wings are golden brown and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a wing registers 165°F, about 15 minutes.
- Brush wings with more glaze, then move over direct heat and grill until charred in spots, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Transfer wings to a platter. Drain onion and place on paper towels; pat dry. Scatter onion over wings and top with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
GRILLED SPICY WINGS
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the chicken wings and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Grill wings
HOT AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS
Heat things up with our Hot and Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings. This recipe is perfect for a cookout. These Hot and Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings include tangy, creamy flavor that you'll love.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat grill for indirect grilling: Light one side of grill, leaving other side unlit. Close lid; heat grill to 400ºF.
- Place wings in single layer in shallow foil pan. Place pan on grate over unlit area; close lid. Grill 20 min. or until wings are lightly browned, monitoring for consistent temperature.
- Meanwhile, mix mayo, hot pepper sauce and garlic powder until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup mayo mixture; mix remaining mayo mixture with ranch dressing.
- Brush both sides of wings generously with reserved mayo mixture. Grill 15 min. or until wings are done. Serve with dressing mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Fat 29 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 370 mg, Carbohydrate 0.8553 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 13 g
TAMARIND CHICKEN WINGS
In this recipe, you'll learn how to marinate wings in honey and Indian spices before baking and finishing them in an irresistible homemade chutney.
Provided by Suvir Saran
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Put the wings in a large bowl, followed by honey, olive oil, salt, garam masala, cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Toss to combine, then transfer to a zip-top bag. Let rest 30 minutes, overnight, or up to several days in the refrigerator.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a simmer in a small saucepan, then add the asafoetida, ginger, cayenne, and garam masala. Meanwhile, toast cumin and fennel in a small skillet until they're fragrant and slightly smoky. Transfer to a small bowl to cool, then grind the seeds in a mortar and pestle until they're coarse and sandy. Add to water-and-spice mixture, followed by the sugar, and stir to combine. Add tamarind and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. After 20 minutes, check chutney for consistency-it should look like a chocolate sauce. Remove from heat to cool. Meanwhile, line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet and arrange the marinated chicken wings in a single layer. Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer wings to a large bowl. Toss with the chutney, then replace wings on the rack and bake again, 5-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove chicken wings and serve.
SPICY BALSAMIC-GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS
I'm a huge fan of Buffalo wings but was wanting to try something different for a change. These wings are tangy, spicy, sticky, and just a little bit sweet. Have plenty of napkins ready before you dig in!
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place wings on the baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Using tongs, flip the wings over and sprinkle remaining salt over the top. Bake for 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, bring water, vinegar, sweet chili sauce, and Sriracha to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer wings to a large bowl and pour sauce over the top. Toss to coat.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and turn broiler on high. Place a wire cooling rack on the baking sheet and arrange wings on top.
- Broil wings for until crispy, about 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189.4 calories, Carbohydrate 6.1 g, Cholesterol 47.7 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 15.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 831.2 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
TAMARIND CHICKEN WINGS
Found this on an asian cooking website. When I originally posted this recipe, I had never tried it. Well, since then I have tried this recipe and must say I was not very impressed. Feel free to make this if you think you might like it, or maybe make some adjustments to it, but I made it as it is posted and I didn't like it. I love agua de tamarindo so I thought this might be good, but turned out not to be what I thought. Just FYI!
Provided by mariposa13
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Chop the shallots.
- Throw all the marinade ingredients into a food processor and whiz till you get a nice smooth paste.
- Taste the marinade. It should have a pronounced tamarind-y and sweet flavour. Don't worry about the saltiness yet.
- Take the chicken wings and cut each wing into two at the joint.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken wings and marinade and mix well with your hands.
- Cover and leave it to marinate overnight in the refrigerator, even 24 hours if you can.
- After the marinating time is over, you'll find that some of the marinade has pooled in your bowl.
- Transfer the chicken wings to another bowl, gently shaking off any excess marinade.
- Now you'll have marinated wings in one bowl and excess marinade in the other.
- We're about to deep-fry the chicken wings and the excess marinade will form our dipping sauce.
- The wings must be fried only when required so they stay hot.
- To make the sauce, take a pan, heat it, and pour the extra marinade into it.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water or chicken stock and cook over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes till you have a sweet and fruity-sour sauce the consistency of tomato ketchup.
- At this point, taste the sauce for saltiness and flavour balance.
- Adjust if required. Turn off the heat.
- For the wings: In a frying pan, heat about 300 ml oil for deep-frying.
- Fry as many wings on medium-high heat at one time as you can without crowding them too much.
- This should take about 5 minutes or till it turns a nice brown (not golden brown; we want them darker than that.).
- Remove the first batch to a platter and dry the extra oil off with paper towels.
- Repeat this till you've fried the entire batch of wings. Resist the temptation to eat them after they're fried. Actually, go ahead, try one piece. ;).
- Now you have deep-fried wings and a dipping sauce.
- How you want to take it from here is up to you.
- You can serve the wings with the sauce on the side, or you can pour the sauce on top of the wings with a spoon to coat them. The second option is messier to eat, but more fun.
SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS
We make these all the time! Some marinades need just a short time, but this really tastes amazing if you let it take up space in your fridge for at least 12 hours, preferably up to 48 hours. They taste great at room temperature, so you can even cook them in advance. Prep time, as always, includes marinating time.
Provided by Mirj2338
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the garlic cloves and crush into the salt and pepper to make a thick paste.
- Add the lemon juice, crushed red pepper, and hot sauce.
- Whisk in the olive oil slowly until well combined.
- Place the chicken wings in a large sealable plastic bag.
- Add the marinade and seal the bag tightly.
- Shake the bag well to coat.
- Refrigerate for 12-48 hours.
- Remove the chicken wings from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 25-30 minutes while heating the grill.
- Grill over medium-high heat, flipping frequently and brushing with the marinade for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Do not brush the wings with the marinade for the last five minutes to make sure the juices all cook thoroughly.
- Throw away the marinade.
- Serve hot, at room temperature, or chilled (see how versatile this is?).
- The wings can be refrigerated for up to 2 days before serving chilled, or reheated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337.4, Fat 27.3, SaturatedFat 5.8, Cholesterol 87.4, Sodium 472.2, Carbohydrate 1.4, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.3, Protein 21
GRILLED SPICY THAI CHICKEN WINGS
- Cut each chicken wing at joints to make 3 pieces; discard tip. Cut off excess skin; discard.
- In resealable heavy-duty food-storage plastic bag or large glass bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade to a small bowl and set aside; add chicken to marinade in bag; turn to coat. Seal bag or covered dish; refrigerate, turning once, at least 1 hour.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 45 to 60 minutes, brushing frequently with 1/4 cup reserved marinade turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (180°F). Discard any remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Appetizer, Sodium 70 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "spicy tamarind glazed grilled chicken wings recipes"
SPICY TAMARIND-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS | CHICKEN WING …
SPICY TAMARIND-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS - PUNCHFORK
4.7/5 (69)Category ChickenServings 4
GRILLED TAMARIND CHICKEN WINGS ARE ALMOST TOO GOOD TO SHARE
5 MINUTE TAMARIND SAUCE OR GLAZE | EASY TAMARIND CHUTNEY
GRILLED THAI CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TAMARIND GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS || TAMARIND WINGS …
SPICY TAMARIND-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS - SPICYFLAKE
GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES & LIFESTYLE
CRISPY SPICY TAMARIND CHICKEN WINGS - CLUB HOUSE FOR CHEFS
TAMARIND GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
SPICED TAMARIND CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - GORDON RAMSAY …
TAMARIND-GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
CURRIED CHICKEN WINGS - THERESCIPES.INFO
TAMARIND-GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS - WILLIAMS SONOMA
27 GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES FOR THE BEST WINGS, LEGS, AND ... - YAHOO!
SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS - SOUTHERN LIVING
THESE SIMPLE GRILLED TAMARIND CHICKEN WINGS ARE ALMOST TOO
SPICY TAMARIND GLAZED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | DAILY COOKING QUEST
SPICY TAMARIND-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS | RECIPE IN 2021
BAKED STICKY TAMARIND CHICKEN WINGS - CHINDIAN KITCHEN
THAI GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
GORDON RAMSAY ASIAN STICKY SPICY CHICKEN WINGS | HELL'S KITCHEN
GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS WITH STICKY ASIAN SAUCE - BEST RECIPE BOX
GRILLED SPICY THAI CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
SIMPLE RECIPES 邏 SPICY TAMARIND-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS …
SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART CANADA
SPICY TAMARIND-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS
BAKED CHICKEN WINGS WITH TAMARIND-GINGER GLAZE RECIPE
GRILLED TAMARIND CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
10+ GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPICY WHISKEY GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS - SIP - SANITY
SPICY TAMARIND CHICKEN WINGS - DAILYMOTION
SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - THEFOODXP
GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS WITH STICKY THAI GLAZE - SWEET PEAS AND …
SPICY TAMARIND CHICKEN WINGS - YOUTUBE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook chicken wings?Put the wings in a large bowl, followed by honey, olive oil, salt, garam masala, cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Toss to combine, then transfer to a zip-top bag. Let rest 30 minutes, overnight, or up to several days in the refrigerator. Bring 2 cups of water to a simmer in a small saucepan, then add the asafoetida, ginger, cayenne, and garam masala.
How do you marinate wings in honey and Indian spices?In this recipe, you'll learn how to marinate wings in honey and Indian spices before baking and finishing them in an irresistible homemade chutney. Put the wings in a large bowl, followed by honey, olive oil, salt, garam masala, cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Toss to combine, then transfer to a zip-top bag.
How to cook chicken wings in a deep fat fryer?Once the chicken wings have had time to marinate, remove them from the fridge and dust each wing in flour to coat, making sure you tap off any excess Heat a deep-fat fryer to 180°C or fill a large saucepan one-third full of vegetable oil and heat until a cube of bread dropped in the oil sizzles and turns golden in 30 seconds
How long do you refrigerate chicken wings before grilling?Add the chicken wings and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Grill wings Looking for Something Else?