SQUASH AND MUSHROOM MEDLEY
Fresh summer veggies are the best! I like to cook them up with some butter, salt and pepper so the veggie flavor really comes through. -Heather Esposito, Rome, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini and onion in butter until tender. Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 4mg cholesterol, Sodium 283mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SUMMER SQUASH MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
This rich, creamy squash and zucchini casserole, with its crunchy topping would make a wonderful dish to take to summer potlucks and picnics, or to pair up with a wide variety of entrees. You'll love the buttery flavor of these "comfort veggies!" -Jennifer Wallace, Canal Winchester, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, saute the summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender; drain., In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, cheese, soup, sour cream and salt. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234 calories, Fat 16g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 564mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
BAKED SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS
Any squash is suitable for this dish. This is fantastic as a light meal when served with hot pitta breads.
Provided by PinkCherryBlossom
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Peel and cut the squash into 5cm cubes. cut the tips of the cloves but leave the skin on.
- Place the squash, mushrooms, garlic onion, cumin and olive oil in a bowl and toss well.
- Spread the ingredients into a baking tray and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 mins until squash is soft.
- Remove garlic and squeeze out the insides. Drizzle with the lemon juice, stir in the herbs and serve topped with the feta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.2, Fat 12.8, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 22.2, Sodium 287.9, Carbohydrate 15.6, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 8, Protein 7.5
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS, PEPPERS AND GOAT CHEESE
- For the acorn squash: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Trim the tops and bottoms off the squash. Cut in half horizontally so the cut-ends will keep the pieces flat. Clean the inside of the squash. Separate the seeds from the membranes and rinse well. Dry the seeds with a paper towel and set aside.
- Place the squash cut-side up on a baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Place the seeds on a separate baking sheet or foil. Roast the squash 30 minutes. Roast the seeds at the same time, checking and moving them around after 10 minutes and again after 20 minutes. Depending on the size of the seeds, they may be done after 20 minutes, or up to 30 minutes. Sprinkle the seeds with the remaining salt, and set aside with the squash.
- For the filling: Set a large saute pan over high heat and add the butter. When melted, add the cabbage, onions, peppers, sprinkle with salt and pepper and gently toss to combine. Allow the cabbage to wilt down, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and toss to combine. Saute 2 to 4 minutes longer, and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- For assembling: Preheat the broiler to low. Fill the roasted acorn squash halves with the filling. Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese over the top, then top with the roasted squash seeds. Broil just until the cheese is warm. Garnish with a small amount of Italian parsley, if using, and serve.
SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS
Diana Kennedy, the British-born expert on the regional cuisines of Mexico, gave The Times this recipe, which combines squash with mushrooms and a poblano chile (feel free to substitute a sweet green one), then coats it with cheese and sour cream for a tortilla filling that makes for a fine centerpiece to a vegetarian feast.
Provided by Joan Nathan
Categories dinner, weekday, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rinse, trim and cut the zucchini into 1/4-inch cubes.
- In a small saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the onion and chili or pepper strips with a sprinkle of salt, and cook, uncovered, without browning, for 1 minute.
- Add the squash cubes, cover the pan and cook over medium heat, shaking the pan from time to time to prevent sticking. Cook for 10 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, toss the mushrooms in the remaining oil, sprinkle with salt and stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until the juice that exudes becomes almost gelatinous.
- Remove the cooked mushrooms from the heat and add to the squash mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of the vegetables with the cilantro; then, dot with the cheese and creme fraiche or sour cream. Cover the pan, and cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve wrapped in warm corn tortillas.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 392, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 726 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
WINTER SQUASH GRATIN WITH MUSHROOMS
I love butternut squash -- well, all fall and winter squash, actually. And depending on where you live or how early or late in the season it is, you may not find a good butternut. That's why I made this casserole so that you can swap in whatever cold-weather squash you like or can find. Just use the same weight and bake until completely tender. And if you are not into meat or bacon, you can leave that out, too, -- just add an additional 4 ounces of your favorite mushrooms for even more umami.
Provided by Rick Martinez
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Arrange a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Brush a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and set aside until ready to bake.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the bacon, tossing occasionally, until the fat has rendered and the bacon is deep golden brown and crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a large heatproof bowl, leaving as much fat in the skillet as possible. Add 1 more tablespoon oil to the skillet and half the mushrooms. Cook, undisturbed, until browned, about 3 minutes, then toss and continue cooking, undisturbed, until browned on the second side, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the large bowl. Repeat with 1 more tablespoon oil and the remaining mushrooms.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the same skillet and cook the onions and garlic over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the 1 tablespoon rosemary, 1 tablespoon sage, 1 tablespoon thyme, all of the nutmeg and cayenne, 4 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper; cook until very fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the flour, stir until completely coated and cook for 1 minute. Add the milk, bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the Parmigiano and Gruyere and transfer to the large bowl; add the squash and toss to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking pan, cover tightly with foil and bake until the squash is tender and the gratin is boiling rapidly, 60 to 75 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit covered until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, rinse and wipe the skillet clean and melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook the bread, tossing frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, add the remaining 1 teaspoon each rosemary, sage and thyme, tossing until completely combined and cook until very fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Just before serving, uncover the gratin and top with the herbed croutons.
DELICATA SQUASH AND ROASTED MUSHROOMS WITH THYME
Of all the rich and succulent winter squash varieties, delicata, with its long and uniformly narrow shape, is the easiest to work with. And its thin, pale-golden skin with green striations is more than just pretty - it's edible, too.
Categories Mushroom Side Roast Thanksgiving Vegetarian Quick & Easy Squash Fall Vegan Thyme Gourmet Sugar Conscious Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 6 servings (as part of main course)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Stir together oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss squash with 2 tablespoons thyme oil in a shallow baking pan (1/2 to 1 inch deep) and arrange in 1 layer. Toss mushrooms with remaining 1/4 cup thyme oil in another shallow baking pan (1/2 to 1 inch deep) and arrange in 1 layer. Roast squash and mushrooms, stirring occasionally and switching position of pans halfway through roasting, until vegetables are tender and liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated, 25 to 30 minutes.
CREAMY MUSHROOM SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- Pierce the spaghetti squash all over using a knife. Place squash on a plate and microwave on high until fork tender, about 12 minutes. While the spaghetti squash is cooking in the microwave, melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat; add the onion and garlic. Stir and cook until the onions are soft. Stir in the cream of mushroom and sour cream until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then reduce heat to the lowest setting to keep it warm.
- Remove spaghetti squash from microwave. Let cool for a few minutes. Use a towel or a pot holder to hold the spaghetti squash and cut lengthwise down the middle and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Scrape the flesh from the stem to the bottom of the squash using a fork into a bowl. Pour the mushroom mixture from the sauce pan to the bowl and mix together.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.1 calories, Carbohydrate 21.2 g, Cholesterol 86.3 mg, Fat 40.6 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 23.3 g, Sodium 716.1 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
ACORN SQUASH STUFFED WITH MUSHROOMS AND RICE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, season cut sides of squash with salt and pepper, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and turn cut sides down. Cover sheet tightly with foil and roast until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium straight-sided skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add mushrooms, onion, and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms are golden, 8 minutes. Add rice and broth and bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 20 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and heat broiler. Carefully scoop out 2 to 3 tablespoons flesh from each squash half and stir into rice; season with salt and pepper. Divide rice mixture among squash halves, sprinkle with Parmesan, and broil until melted, 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432 g, Fat 14 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 3 g
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH GARLIC MUSHROOMS
A hearty dish that comes from Fiction vegetarian restaurant in London. Its ideal served as a vegetarian main with my Chestnut and bay leaf gravy.
Provided by PinkCherryBlossom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 220C/425°F.
- Cut each squash in half and scoop out the seeds and membranes. Score a criss cross pattern in each squash and place on a baking tray cut side up. Drizzle with the olive oil, dot with the butter and season if desired. Cook for 40 mins on top shelf.
- Place the mushrooms in an ovenproof dish with all the other ingredients and place of the shelf below the squash for its last 15 mins of cooking.
- Serve with Broccoli and roast new potatoes.
CURRIED SQUASH-MUSHROOM SOUP
This flavorful and nutritious curried butternut squash-mushroom soup recipe is creamy, rich, and just like my gramma used to make.
Provided by tbirdupnorth
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place squash halves on a microwave-safe plate; cook in the microwave for 10 minutes. Remove peel and seeds. Place cooked squash flesh in a food processor and puree.
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and onion. Cook 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in flour and curry powder, cook 5 minutes more. Gradually stir in chicken stock and wine. Cook until smooth and slightly thickened, about 5 more minutes. Whisk in cooked squash, honey, and nutmeg. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir cream into soup and reheat if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 calories, Carbohydrate 34.9 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 640.4 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS AND MARINARA
Our Spaghetti Squash with Mushrooms and Marinara is a flavorful and filling vegetarian meal. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
Provided by By Becky Rosenthal
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise with sharp knife. Scoop out and discard seeds. Place squash halves cut side up in heavy-bottomed roasting pan. Brush squash with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until fork pierces flesh of the squash easily. If squash seems to be drying out while baking, brush with an additional tablespoon of olive oil.
- Remove squash from oven; cool just enough able to handle, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using fork, scrape flesh from squash into "noodles" onto serving platter. If some of the strands clump or gather together, simply separate using your hands.
- In 10- to 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook about 3 minutes longer. During last minute of cooking, stir in thyme.
- Set mushrooms aside.
- Ladle heated marinara sauce over spaghetti squash. Top with mushrooms and a generous amount of grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS AND HERBS
- Wrap the squash half in microwave-safe plastic wrap and microwave it, cut side up, at high power (100%) for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it feels soft when pressed. Let the squash stand for 5 minutes. In a small microwave-safe dish combine the butter, the onion, and the mushroom and microwave the mixture at high power (100%), stirring once, for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender. Discard the squash seeds, scrape the flesh with a fork into a bowl, and toss it with the mushroom mixture, the parsley, the chives, the Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste.
More about "squash with mushrooms recipes"
YELLOW SQUASH WITH WILD MUSHROOMS RECIPE - EMILY FARRIS …
5/5 Total Time 20 minsServings 4
ONE-PAN CHICKEN WITH SQUASH AND MUSHROOMS - HEALTHY SEASONAL …
SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE WITH MUSHROOMS (VEGAN) - CROWDED …
WONDERFUL MUSHROOM STUFFED SUMMER SQUASH - THE 2 SPOONS
ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS • HAPPY KITCHEN
10 BEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH MUSHROOMS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SQUASH AND MUSHROOMS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
OVEN ROASTED SQUASH AND MUSHROOMS - REAL MOM KITCHEN
YELLOW SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS · THYME FOR COOKING
STEWED ACORN SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS & CHINESE SAUSAGE RECIPE
SUMMER SQUASH STIR FRY WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS AND GOAT CHEESE - LIVE EAT LEARN
ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH PARMESAN MUSHROOMS
ONE POT WILD MUSHROOM, SQUASH AND SPINACH PILAF (VEGAN)
CREAMY ROASTED SQUASH & CRISPY MUSHROOMS. - KALE
10 BEST SQUASH CASSEROLE CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES
STUFFED ACORN SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS - MEALS WITH MAGGIE
JAPANESE CURRY WITH WINTER SQUASH AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE | BON …
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST …
EASY SQUASH CASSEROLE WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM BEST RECIPES
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS | ABSOLUTELY FLAVORFUL
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOM ROSEMARY SAUCE - HEALTHY …
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH ROASTED MUSHROOM AND GARLIC SAUCE
SQUASH MUSHROOMS ONIONS RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
SQUASH AND MUSHROOM SAUTé RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS | RECIPE CART
SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS AND SUN DRIED TOMATO
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH GARLIC & MUSHROOMS - WELL SEASONED
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS - TRIAL AND EATER
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS AND ZUCCHINI - THIS WIFE COOKS™
ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS (HOW TO COOK
ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS, GARLIC & SAGE
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH CHICKEN, MUSHROOMS & SPINACH RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook squash and mushrooms on the stove?In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderately high heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and thyme, and cook until the mushrooms are browned and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the squash, salt and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
What are some good recipes to make with summer squash?In a large skillet, saute the summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender; drain. In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, cheese, soup, sour cream and salt.
How to cook summer squash soup?Directions In a large skillet, saute the summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender; drain. In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, cheese, soup, sour cream and salt. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
How long to cook squash in the oven?On a rimmed baking sheet, season cut sides of squash with salt and pepper, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and turn cut sides down. Cover sheet tightly with foil and roast until tender, about 35 minutes.