STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE
Family and friends say this patriotic pie is better than a local favorite from one of our best neighborhood restaurants. Sometimes, I switch things up and use gooseberries for half of the blueberries. -Nancy Barker, Silverton, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of pie dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Leave remaining pie dough refrigerated., Preheat oven to 400°. Combine blueberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and salt; toss gently. Let stand for 15 minutes., Add filling to pie pastry; dot with butter. Bake 20 minutes on a lower oven rack. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 10 minutes more. Cover edges loosely with foil to prevent burning. Return to lower rack of oven; bake 15-20 minutes longer, until blueberries are bubbly and beginning to burst. Cool on a wire rack., Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Cut out stars using different-sized cookie cutters as desired. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 5-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Place stars over cooled pie in any pattern desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424 calories, Fat 17g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 304mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
I love the taste of mouth watering Fresh Blueberry Pie! Yum! This blueberry pie is probably the best I have ever tasted. I hope you will enjoy it, too! I do not use the refrigerated pie crust when making this pie, I use recipe #26205. A NOTE to those who have made this pie before, I have increased the amount of flour in the ingredients list from 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup.
Provided by Bev I Am
Yield 1 pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- SPRINKLE berries with lemon juice; set aside.
- FIT half of pastry in a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions.
- COMBINE 1 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients; add to berries, stirring well.
- Pour into pastry shell, and dot with butter.
- UNFOLD remaining pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll gently with rolling pin to remove creases in pastry.
- Place pastry over filling; seal and crimp edges.
- Cut slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush top of pastry with beaten egg, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar BAKE at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning, if necessary.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
ULTIMATE GOOEY BLUEBERRY PIE
I came up with a recipe that I have heard was the best pie my friends have ever tasted. It's a very simple recipe and I hope you like it! Serve warm or cool and enjoy!
Provided by crazygoodness
Categories Blueberry Pie
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Mix blueberries and cornstarch together in a bowl until all the blueberries are coated. Add sugar, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to blueberries; stir until well mixed.
- Press 1 pie crust into the prepared pie dish. Brush the bottom crust with ½ of the beaten egg white. Pour blueberry mixture into the pie crust.
- Lay the second crust over the blueberry filling, crimping the 2 crusts together to seal. Cut 4 1/2-inch slits into the top crust. Brush the top crust with the remaining egg wash. Cover crust edges with strips of aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, 50 to 60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407 calories, Carbohydrate 64.5 g, Fat 15.7 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 242.4 mg, Sugar 35.6 g
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
- Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
- Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.9 calories, Carbohydrate 52.6 g, Cholesterol 3.8 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 317.7 mg, Sugar 26 g
If you prefer to make an extra-wide lattice-top crust for this blueberry pie, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick, and cut four 3-inch-wide strips. Chill the strips until firm. Weave the strips over the filling, and seal the lattice to the bottom crust with a mixture of egg and milk in this delicious dessert.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 1 nine-inch pie
Number Of Ingredients 9
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out half the dough to 1/8-inch-thick circle, about 13 inches in diameter. Drape dough over a 9-inch pie pan, and transfer to refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk together egg and milk to make egg wash, and set aside. Combine blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, flour, and cinnamon, and turn onto chilled bottom crust. Dot with butter. Roll out the remaining dough to the same size and thickness. Brush the rim of the crust with the egg wash, place the other piece of dough on top, trim to 1/2 inch over edge of pan, and crimp the edges with a fork or your fingers. Transfer the pie to the refrigerator to chill until firm, about 30 minutes. Brush with the egg wash, and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 40 minutes more or until juices are bubbling. Let cool before serving.
More about "star studded blueberry pie recipes"
TASTE OF HOME - STAR STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE | FACEBOOK
Author Taste of HomeViews 388K
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE | TASTE OF HOME
BLUE SKY BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE | HALLMARK IDEAS
EASY HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY PIE - INSPIRED TASTE
THE BEST STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE - THEFOODXP
Ratings 1Calories 424 per servingCategory Dessert
- First, we have to take a wooden board and roll the dough over it to make the pie crust. We should roll half of the dough to a circle of ⅛ inch thickness and place it over a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the remaining pastry with scissors. Then, refrigerate it for 30 minutes. Then keep the oven heated at 400 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries, tapioca, lemon juice and salt, gently and thoroughly. Let the mix rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Then, fill the pie pastry with the blueberry mix after you’ve added butter. At 400 degrees, bake it in the oven. Then, bring the heat down to 350 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes. Keep the edges loosely covered to prevent burning.
- Again, bake for 15-20 minutes on the lower rack of the oven till the blueberries become swollen and burst out. Then, cool on a wire rack.
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE – CHEF MATTHEW
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 3 hrs 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 424 per serving
BLUEBERRY PIE - LYNN'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE - YOUTUBE
STAR-STUDDED BERRY TARTS - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE | RECIPE | RECIPES, DESSERTS, BLUEBERRY …
VENANGO COUNTY RECIPE OF THE DAY: STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE - SIMPLE SOJOURNS
STAR SPANGLED BLUEBERRY PIE BARS | RECIPELION.COM
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE | RECIPES, BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPES, DESSERTS
STAR STUDDED RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
STAR-SPANGLED BLUEBERRY PIE — ADVENTURE KITCHEN
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE | RECIPE | BLUEBERRY, PATRIOTIC PIE, PIE
4TH OF JULY DESSERT RECIPE: STAR SPANGLED BLUEBERRY PIE
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE | RECIPE | RECIPES, BLUEBERRY PIE …
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE | PUNCHFORK
GIRLYSMACK: STAR STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE
5 STAR BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DELICIOUS PIE RECIPES FOR PI DAY | READER'S DIGEST CANADA
BLUEBERRY & STRAWBERRY STAR HAND PIES - THE SOCCER MOM BLOG
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE -FAMILY AND FRIENDS SAY THIS ...
STAR-STUDDED FLAN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
STAR-STUDDED BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
You'll also love