QUICK & EASY PIEROGI CASSEROLE
I had something similar to this at a potluck and recreated it on my own. It's super easy and will probably please the whole family. I generally serve this dish with a side of salad to compliment the heaviness of the casserole. Sometimes I add some fried onions beneath the ham for something different.
Provided by Chesska
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Layer the bottom of a 9x13 greased pan with frozen pierogies.
- Then sprinkle the ham over top of the pierogoies.
- Mix together the soup and milk and pour over the ham and pierogies.
- Top with cheese and bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.9, Fat 17, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 70.9, Sodium 966.3, Carbohydrate 2.9, Sugar 0.2, Protein 21.5
EASY 'PIEROGI' CASSEROLE
Love hot, cheesy potatoes? You'll love this easy casserole! It's everything you love in a pierogi-in easy-to-transport, potluck-perfect form.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare potatoes as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook the noodles.
- Combine potatoes, cream cheese spread, onions, 1/2 cup bacon and 1 cup cheddar.
- Drain noodles. Place 3 noodles in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover with 1/3 of the potato mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cheddar and bacon; cover.
- Bake 33 to 35 min. or until heated through, uncovering for the last 5 min. Let stand 10 min. before cutting to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 380 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 11 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with water to cover over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, drain, then combine with the milk and 6 tablespoons of butter, mash and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the bacon, onion and garlic in the butter for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions and cool under running water.
- Place 1/2 of the mashed potatoes into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top this with 1/3 of the cheese, followed by a layer of lasagna noodles. Repeat this with the remaining potatoes, another 1/3 of the cheese and a layer of noodles. Then arrange the bacon, onion and garlic over the noodles, then another layer of noodles, and finally top all with the remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with sour cream and chopped fresh chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 626 calories, Carbohydrate 48.2 g, Cholesterol 93.2 mg, Fat 40.7 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 18.6 g, SaturatedFat 21.6 g, Sodium 525.2 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
PIEROGI CASSEROLE - CASSIE STYLE
Okay, my family loves Jalapeno Pierogies, yet they are so hard to find...so, I made a concoction of my own. It's fantastic might I add... Such yummy, cheesy, rich goodness. If dieting, this is not the meal for you...unless you're taking a day off Lol....my family just loved this casserole. I used lots of sweet onion, butter,...
Provided by Cassie *
Number Of Ingredients 16
- 1. First - boil potatoes till fork tender.
- 2. While potatoes are boiling, prepare noodles; rinse and drain.
- 3. In a skillet or dutch oven saute onions, jalapeno and garlic until onions are translucent. Reserve 1/2 cup of onion/butter mixture.
- 4. When potatoes are finished, drain and place in large bowl with the Velveeta, 1 cup cheddar, 1/2 cup sour cream, salt, pepper, parsley, all but 1/2 cup butter / onion mixture, 1/2 - 3/4 cup half n half. Mix potatoes with hand mixer until smooth.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 6. Evenly spread half lasagna noodles on the bottom of casserole dish. Spread 1/2 potato mixture. Sprinkle evenly with a hand full of cheese.
- 7. Evenly spread the remainder of noodles over potatoes.
- 8. Spread remainder of potatoes over the noodles. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon evenly. Spread remaining onion/butter mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 9. Place casserole in oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until browning and bubbly. Let set for at least 5 minutes before cutting. Now, enjoy this delicious, satisfying pierogi casserole.
PIEROGIE AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray the bottom and sides of a lasagna-size casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Cook and stir onion in hot bacon grease until golden, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer onion to bacon and drain bacon grease from the skillet.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms in hot butter until golden and moisture evaporates, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of the prepared casserole dish with a single layer of frozen pierogies and spread 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup on top. Layer bacon, onions, and mushrooms over the top. Spread remaining pierogies over mushrooms, cover with remaining cream of mushroom soup, and top with Cheddar cheese. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until casserole is golden and cheese is bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 685.7 calories, Carbohydrate 85.1 g, Cholesterol 64.7 mg, Fat 26 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 26.2 g, SaturatedFat 11.9 g, Sodium 1733.5 mg, Sugar 20.1 g
STEAM N' MASH PIEROGI CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the Steam n' Mash Russet Potatoes according to package directions.
- Sauté the onions in the butter until cooked through, but not browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a 9" x 13" casserole with non-stick pan spray.
- Place a layer of noodles on the bottom of the casserole; spread about ½ of the potatoes on top of the noodles.
- Sprinkle with ½ of the grated cheese and top with 1/3 of the onion / butter mixture.
- Repeat this step; ending with the final third of the onion / butter mixture. Cover with foil and bake the casserole for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507.2, Fat 42.1, SaturatedFat 26.6, Cholesterol 120.7, Sodium 358.9, Carbohydrate 16.5, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 3, Protein 16.9
More about "steam n mash pierogi casserole recipes"
PIEROGI CASSEROLE | A NO FUSS EASY PIEROGI RECIPE
Cuisine East EuropeanTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 481 per serving
- Chop 3 of the onions and fry in oil they are until soft. Add the fried chopped onions, cheddar and bacon to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
PIEROGI CASSEROLE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4/5 (100)Category EntreeServings 4Total Time 1 hr
PIEROGI CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN
Reviews 1Servings 8Cuisine Not SetCategory Side Dish
10 BEST PIEROGI CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY "PIEROGI" CASSEROLE | ORE-IDA - RECIPES
POLISH PIEROGI LASAGNA (PIEROGI CASSEROLE) - TASTY CASSEROLES
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Main Course
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions with a little salt and pepper until soft and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Stir onion mixture and 1/2 the cheese into the mashed potatoes.
- Spread 4 of the lasagna noodles on the bottom of casserole dish and top with 1/2 of the potato mixture. Repeat with another layer of lasagna noodles and mashed potatoes mixture and place final 4 lasagna noodles on top. Sprinkle reserved cheese on top.
BAKED PIEROGI CASSEROLE TABLE FOR SEVEN | FOOD FOR EVERYDAY
Reviews 72Calories 417 per servingCategory Pasta
- In a saucepan, mix cream cheese and chicken broth. Stir frequently until cheese is fully melted and smooth.
HOW TO MAKE A PIEROGI CASSEROLE - PINKWHEN
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory DinnerCalories 545 per serving
- Three separate items need cooked. You can cook them all at once to avoid having one sit aside for too long.
- (Prepare your potatoes and set aside) Meanwhile, boil your noodles but reduce cooking time by 4 minutes to avoid overcooking. Drain and set aside. Prepare your onions by cooking in the 4 tbsp. of butter over medium heat until tender.
- Add milk, 1 cup of cheese, salt and pepper, and onion mixture to your potatoes. Mash using a large wooden spoon or a hand held potato masher. Mash until soft, but some chunks remain. You don't want a completely smooth texture. Add in your noodles and toss to coat. Taste for seasoning and add more if necessary. If mixture seems dry, add more milk and butter until the entire mixture is lightly coated. Place in casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake in your preheated oven for 25 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble. Serve immediately and enjoy!
PIEROGI CASSEROLE - $5 DINNERS | RECIPES, MEAL PLANS, COUPONS
Reviews 22Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 4
PIEROGI CASSEROLE SO EASY RECIPES
STEAM N' MASH PIEROGI CASSEROLE | PIEROGI CASSEROLE ...
STEAM N' MASH PIEROGI CASSEROLE | RECIPES, PIEROGI ...
EASY PIEROGI CASSEROLE - RECIPES - FAXO
EASY "PIEROGI" CASSEROLE - RECIPESRUN
STEAM N' MASH PIEROGI CASSEROLE | RECIPES, PIEROGI ...
PIEROGI CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN.COM
HOMESTYLE STEAM N' MASH POTATOES | ORE-IDA - RECIPES
STEAM N MASH PIEROGI CASSEROLE RECIPES
10 BEST PIEROGI CASSEROLE WITH LASAGNA NOODLES RECIPES ...
STEAM N' MASH PIEROGI CASSEROLE | RECIPES, PIEROGI ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put pierogies in a casserole?Place pierogies evenly in casserole. Top with sausage. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, chicken broth and pepper with whisk. Stir in 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup of the green onions (reserve remaining onions for topping).
How do you cook frozen pierogies in cream of mushroom soup?Cover the bottom of the prepared casserole dish with a single layer of frozen pierogies and spread 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup on top. Layer bacon, onions, and mushrooms over the top. Spread remaining pierogies over mushrooms, cover with remaining cream of mushroom soup, and top with Cheddar cheese.
How long do you cook frozen pierogies in the oven?Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until casserole is golden and cheese is bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure that the pierogies are still frozen and the cream of mushroom soup is undiluted.
What to serve with pierogi lasagna for dinner?Serving Suggestion: This Polish pierogi lasagna recipe can be served as the main dish with a green salad and fresh fruit for the perfect meatless Monday dinner. You could also serve as a side dish next to your favorite protein such as chicken or pork chops.