VEGETABLE AND TOFU STIR-FRY
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and cook for one minute. Stir in garlic and ginger, and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in tofu, and cook until golden brown
- Stir in carrots, bell pepper and baby corn, cooking for 2 minutes. Stir in bok choy, mushrooms, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, and crushed red pepper, and heat through. Remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, rice wine vinegar, honey, and soy sauce, and bring to a simmer. Cook for two minutes, then stir in cornstarch and water mixture. Simmer until sauce thickens. Pour sauce over vegetables and tofu. Garnish with scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.1 calories, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 13.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 507 mg, Sugar 15.4 g
- Halve tofu block lengthwise; slice each half into 8 rectangles. Arrange on a paper towel-lined baking sheet; top with more paper towels and another baking sheet. Weight with canned goods or a skillet. Refrigerate overnight or at least 20 minutes.
- Transfer tofu to a shallow dish. In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil with 1 tablespoon water; pour over tofu. Marinate 5 minutes (reserve marinade).
- Heat canola oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Cook tofu until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set tofu aside.
- Stirring constantly, cook onions in skillet over high heat until browned, 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes. Add red pepper and bok choy stems; cook 3 minutes. Add peas and ginger; cook 1 minute. Add marinade, cornstarch mixture, bok choy greens, and tofu. Cook until heated through. Season with soy sauce as desired. Serve with limes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286 g, Fat 15 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 23 g
TOFU STIR FRY RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: garlic, fresh ginger, honey, sriracha, lime juice, reduced sodium soy sauce, extra firm tofu, sesame oil, sliced white onion, sliced carrot, sliced red bell pepper, edamame, soba noodle, sesame seed, green onion
Provided by Kahnita Wilkerson
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cloves of garlic, the ginger, honey, Sriracha, lime juice, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Wrap the tofu in a dish towel, then place a plate on top. Let drain for 10-15 minutes, then remove the plate, unwrap the tofu, and slice into cubes.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the tofu and pan fry for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining 2 cloves of minced garlic and the onion and stir until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, bell pepper, and edamame and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soba noodles, reserved sauce, and sesame seeds. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warmed through. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1288 calories, Carbohydrate 214 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 17 grams, Protein 47 grams, Sugar 48 grams
STIR-FRIED TOFU AND PEPPERS
This attractive stir-fry is inspired by a traditional Chinese dish called rainbow beef. The vegetarian version works well, and it's also easier to make. If you prefer a very firm tofu, take the extra time to weight it as directed in step 1. I am happy to skip this step and use firm tofu that hasn't been weighted.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, one pot, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Optional step for firmer tofu: Blot the tofu dry, wrap in a clean kitchen towel and place a cutting board on top. Let sit for about 15 minutes. Whether weighted or not, slice the tofu about 1/2 inch thick into 1- x 2-inch dominoes.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of the brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium bowl. Toss with the tofu, and stir to make sure all of the pieces are coated. Let sit for five to 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining soy sauce and sugar, hoisin sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat until a drop of water evaporates on contact. Add the oil, turn the heat to medium-high and add the peppers. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes, until the peppers begin to soften, and add the garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 20 seconds, until the garlic and ginger begin to smell fragrant, and add the tofu, dried red pepper flakes and green onions. Stir-fry two minutes, give the sauce a stir and add to the pan. Cover and cook for three minutes. Remove the lid, stir the ingredients in the pan, and taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with rice or noodles.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 200, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 496 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
STIR-FRIED TOFU AND ESCAROLE
This stir-fry has hot (red pepper flakes), sour (vinegar), sweet (honey) and bitter (escarole) elements. Escarole goes by a few names, including broad-leafed endive and Batavia endive. (In France it is just called Batavia). It tastes a lot like curly endive, though not quite as bitter. It looks a bit like a ruffled leaf lettuce, with tougher leaves. The inner leaves are lighter and more tender than the outer leaves, and they are great in salads. I add them later than the outer leaves to this stir-fry.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, vegetables, main course
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Drain and dry tofu slices on paper towels. In a small bowl or measuring cup combine soy sauce, vinegar, sweetener and stock or water. In another bowl or ramekin, dissolve cornstarch or arrowroot in stock or water.
- Separate dark outer escarole leaves from lighter inner leaves. Cut all of the leaves crosswise into 1-inch pieces and keep in separate containers. Have all ingredients within arm's length of your pan.
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok over high heat until a drop of water evaporates within a second or two when added to wok. Swirl in 1 tablespoon of oil by adding it to the sides of the wok and swirling the wok, then add tofu and stir-fry until lightly colored, about 2 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Swirl in remaining oil, add garlic, ginger and chile flakes or minced chile, and stir-fry for no more than 10 seconds. Add dark escarole leaves and stir-fry for 1 minute, until wilted. Add salt, toss together and return tofu to the wok. Add inner escarole leaves, white part of the scallions, and soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 minute, until the inner leaves are crisp-tender, and add scallion greens and the cornstarch mixture. Stir just until lightly glazed and remove from heat. Serve with hot grains or noodles.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 226, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 19 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 683 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
More about "stir fried tofu and escarole recipes"
TOFU STIR FRY RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETARIAN RECIPES
Servings 2Total Time 25 minsCategory One-Pan RecipesCalories 399 per serving
- Toss for a further 30 seconds until golden, then tip into a bowl.Cut the tofu into cubes, then place in a bowl and dust with the cornflour and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add a good lug of oil to the pan or wok and place back over a medium-high heat.Fry the tofu until golden and crisp, then scoop it out of the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
TOFU STIR FRY | SIMPLE, FAST, AND HEALTHY RECIPE
4.9/5 (38)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 297 per serving
- Drain the tofu. Wrap each block in a double layer of paper towels and pat dry, pressing down on the tofu lightly to squeeze out excess moisture. Cut the tofu into 3/4-inch cubes.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot but not smoking, add the tofu (be careful, as the oil will splatter a little bit) and drizzle with 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Sauté, stirring every minute or so until the tofu is nicely colored on all sides and the moisture has cooked off, about 8 to 10 minutes. Don’t feel that you need to stir constantly. Sitting for a while on one side is what will allow the tofu to brown. Add the garlic, roughly two-thirds of the green onion, ginger, chili paste, and the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Stir and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add several large handfuls of spinach, stirring as you go so that it wilts and you can fit more in the pan. Once the first addition has wilted, continue to add and wilt the spinach by handfuls, until all of the spinach is added. It will seem like a ridiculous amount at first but will cook down considerably. Stir in the sesame seeds. Stir in the sesame oil. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle the reserved green onions over the top. Serve hot, with brown rice, noodles, or whatever you like, along with a few dashes of additional soy sauce and chili paste or flakes to taste.
CHINESE GARLIC TOFU STIR FRY - SHUANGY'S KITCHEN SINK
Reviews 14Calories 315 per servingCategory Main Course
- Whisk 1 egg and add to the tofu, season with a pinch of salt. Gently mix the tofu and eggs to coat thoroughly. Set aside.
- Heat 2 - 3 tbsp cooking oil in a big pan on high to medium heat. Once hot, add garlic, ginger, and the white part of the green onion. Saute for 30 - 45 sec or until fragrant (watch it closely so it doesn't burn).
TOFU STIR FRY - VEGAN HEAVEN
5/5 (6)Category Main CourseCuisine American, ChineseCalories 254 per serving
- Cut the red bell pepper and the red onion into thin strips, the zucchini into half moons, and the carrots into slices. Cut off both ends of the green beans and cut them into halves. Finely chop the garlic and the ginger. Cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Cut the tofu into cubes. Add the soy sauce sauce, the sesame oil, and the paprika powder to the tofu cubes.
BEST TOFU STIR-FRY RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TOFU STIR-FRY
5/5 (17)Total Time 50 mins See details »
EASY TOFU STIR-FRY - HOW TO STIR FRY TOFU | KITCHN
Cuisine Asia, ChineseCalories 174 per servingServings 2-4
- Press the tofu: Place 2 to 3 layers of paper towel on a dinner plate or cutting board. Lay the tofu on top in a single layer and top with another 2 to 3 layers of paper towel. Weigh it down with a skillet or with another dinner plate topped with something heavy. Press for at least 20 minutes, or place in the fridge and press for a few hours. Replace the paper towels as needed if they become soaked.
- Heat the wok: Set your wok or skillet over high heat until a drop of water evaporates within a second or two of contact.
TOFU STIR FRY RECIPE (CHINESE) - THE CHEEKY CHICKPEA
Reviews 2Category MainsCuisine Asian/ChineseTotal Time 30 mins See details »
STIR-FRIED SWEET CHILI TOFU - THE FOODIE TAKES FLIGHT
5/5 (8)Category Main Course See details »
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE CRISPY TOFU FOR STIR FRY · ERIN BRIGHTON
Reviews 2Servings 6Cuisine AsianCategory Dinner See details »
STIR FRY ESCAROLE AND TOFU – CHEF BENNY DORO
Servings 1Total Time 3 mins See details »
STIR FRIED TOFU AND CELERY RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 Servings 4Cuisine AsianTotal Time 25 mins See details »
TOFU AND VEGETABLE STIR-FRY RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Cuisine Asian, ChineseTotal Time 55 minsServings 4Calories 312 per serving See details »
HONEY GINGER TOFU AND VEGGIE STIR FRY RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
4.5/5 (82)Calories 391 per servingCategory Dinner
- Cook the rice or farro according to package directions. Cut the tofu into slices and press with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Wait a few minutes and press again – there’s lotsa water in there! Cut the tofu slices into small cubes. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the oil is shiny, add the tofu and about 1/4 cup of the stir fry sauce (watch out because the sauce and oil will spatter a tiny bit – have a cover ready or just skip the sauce at this point). Pan-fry the tofu until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel lined plates.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the asparagus with 1/4 cup stir fry sauce. When the asparagus is bright green and tender crisp, add the carrots and toss together. Arrange the veggies and tofu over the cooked rice or farro, and cover with more sauce to taste. Sprinkle with the green onions.
TOFU STIR FRY RECIPE - VEGAN HUGGS
5/5 (3)Total Time 40 minsCategory EntreeCalories 342 per serving
- In a large bowl, gently toss the tofu cubes with the corn starch and salt until all sides are coated. Also, prepare a paper towel-lined plate for when tofu is cooked and set aside.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine well. Taste and adjust flavor if needed. Set aside.
- Cook stir-fry noodles according to package directions. I usually reduce the cook time by 1-2 minutes for firmer noodles. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Drizzle with oil to prevent sticking.
- Heat up a Wok or Large Skillet over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Once heated add oil and wait until it shimmers. Now add prepared tofu cubes and let them sit for 1-2 minutes to brown. Using tongs or sturdy spatula, flip to the other side to brown. Continue until all sides are crispy. Remove from heat and place tofu on the paper towel-lined plate. Wipe out wok.
BRAISED TOFU AND ESCAROLE STIR-FRY WITH BHUTAN RED RICE ...
See details »
SPICY SWEET SMOKED TOFU AND VEGETABLE STIR FRY - FAMILY ...
Cuisine British, ChineseTotal Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 265 per serving See details »
TOFU AND BOK CHOY STIR-FRY | THE VEGAN ATLAS
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Easy Vegan RecipesCalories 302 per serving See details »
STIR-FRIED CHARD WITH NAPA CABBAGE - THE VEGAN ATLAS
Cuisine Plant-BasedCategory Salads & SidesServings 4Total Time 30 mins See details »
HOISIN TOFU STIR FRY WITH PEPPERS AND CARROTS RECIPE - THE ...
4.5/5 (42)Category Main DishCuisine ChineseCalories 415 per serving See details »
STIR-FRIED TOFU AND ESCAROLE RECIPE | RECIPE | ESCAROLE ...
See details »
MONGOLIAN RECIPES VEGETARIAN : STIR-FRIED MONGOLIAN STEAK ...
See details »
STIR FRIED TOFU AND ESCAROLE RECIPES
See details »
10 MINUTE TOFU VEGGIE STIR FRY RECIPE | LAURA IN THE ...
See details »
STIR-FRIED TOFU AND ESCAROLE RECIPE | RECIPE | FRIED TOFU ...
See details »
You'll also love