This recipe makes ordinary orange marmalade into something really special! Sometimes I make it using strawberries that I've frozen without adding sugar or water. I just thaw them in the refrigerator overnight. &mdashlMrs. Craig Presbrey, Pascoag, Rhode Island
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 10 half-pints.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Peel outer layer of oranges and lemons; set aside. Remove the white membrane from fruit and discard. Set the fruit aside. Chop peels; place in a large saucepan. Add water and baking soda; cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. , Meanwhile, section oranges and lemons, reserving juice. Add fruit and juice to saucepan; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add strawberries. Measure fruit; return 4 cups to the saucepan. (If you have more than 4 cups, discard any extra; if less, add water to equal 4 cups.) Add sugar and mix well. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly., Remove from heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle into 10 hot half-pint jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight., Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 71 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 2mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
- Using a zester, remove only the outer colored peel of the oranges and lemon.
- Peel the fruit, removing all of the white pith.
- Separate the orange and lemon segments from the white membrane and remove any seeds; discard the membrane; chop the fruit and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange and lemon peels and ¼ cup water; let soak for 10 minutes; drain the peel and discard the water.
- In an 8-quart pan, combine the drained peel, chopped oranges and lemon, and ½ cup water.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil; decrease heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in strawnerries, lemon juice, and butter; gradually stir in sugar.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high; bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in liquid pectin; return mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat; skim off any foam.
- To prevent floating fruit, allow marmalade to cool 5 minutes before filling jars.
- Gently stir the marmalade to distribute the fruit.
- Ladle the marmalade into hot jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace.
- Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth.
- Cover with hot lids and apply screw rings.
- Process half-pint jars in a 200° water bath for 10 minutes; pint jars for 15 minutes.
STRAWBERRY RASPBERRY LIME MARMALADE
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in the dry cycle of your dishwasher until ready to use. (You can keep them in simmering water, but they are all wet as well as hot, if you go that route.).
- Combine the lime peel with several cups of water and bring to a boil. Boil over Med-High heat for 5 minutes, until peel is softened. Drain and discard liquid. Return peel to pot.
- Add strawberries, raspberries, and lime juice to the pot with the peel and mix well.
- Gradually stir in the pectin.
- Bring mixture to full roiling boil that can not be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to full boil. Boil hard for a full minute while stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe rim and center the lid on the jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight. Do not over-tighten.
- Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars and cool. Check lids for a good seal in 24 hours.
More about "strawberry raspberry lime marmalade recipes"
STRAWBERRY RASPBERRY JAM - CAROLINE'S COOKING
Ratings 8Calories 27 per servingCategory Condiment
- Hull the strawberries and roughly dice. Put all of the ingredients in a small-medium saucepan and put on a medium heat. Stir as it heats to dissolve the sugar and break up the fruit a little as they soften. As it cooks, prepare your jar/jars - either warm in a low over a few minutes or submerge in boiling water to sterilize. Take care using tongs/gloves to handle as you remove.
- Bring the jam to a simmer, reduce the heat a little and simmer for approximately 15 minutes (or longer, as needed), stirring occasionally. It should become darker in color and thicker - when you stir a spoon through, it will take a bit longer to close in behind.
- Remove the pan from the heat, allow to cool a minute or two then skim off any foam. Transfer to your prepared clean jar(s) and put lid on while still hot. Leave to cool.
FROZEN LEMON OR LIME PIE - POMONA'S UNIVERSAL PECTIN ...
KETO RASPBERRY LEMONADE MARMALADE | LOW-CARB, SO SIMPLE!
101 JAM, JELLY, AND MARMALADE RECIPES - REAL SELF-SUFFICIENCY
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Classic Strawberry Jam. A simple strawberry jam recipe, packed full of fresh fruit that’s given a zing with lemon just and sweetened with sugar. Can be stored for up to a year if preserved in a jar correctly.
- Rhubarb and Ginger Jam. Sweet and spicy, with just the right amount or tartness, this unusual jam recipe is made with fresh rhubarb and crystallized stem ginger.
- Quince Jam. This easy recipe for quince jam is made from grated fresh quince, lemon juice, and sugar. Add an extra layer of flavor or spice by adding a little cardamom, nutmeg, or vanilla.
- Tamarillo Chilli Jam. Tamarillo (aka the tree tomato) works great in both sweet and savory jam recipes. This tamarillo jam has layers of flavor, with spicy red chillis and zingy balsamic vinegar.
- Orange, Coriander, and Thyme Jam. Looking for a jam that is versatile? This orange, coriander, and thyme jam is a beautiful glaze for roast chicken and is just as good spread over a chunky slice of sourdough toast.
- Carrot Jam. There are a lot of delicious vegetable jam recipes and this is one of the best. Tasting a lot like apricot jam, this carrot jam has a beautiful smooth texture and is made from just three ingredients.
- Blueberry and Lime Jam. The stunning combination of blueberry and lime makes this one of the best homemade jam recipes. The zing of fresh lime zest and juice elevates the juicy flavor of the blueberries.
- Banana Jam. For an inexpensive jam recipe, why not try banana jam. Yes, it is a different kind of jam to what you usually find in the supermarket, but it is so delicious and can be made all-year-round as bananas are always in season.
- Mango Jam. A tropical homemade preserve, this mango jam is so fruity and is a great way to use up any leftover mangos towards the end of the season before they are overripe.
- Cherry Quick Jam. Looking for a quick and easy jam recipe? Look no further than this cherry quick jam recipe. Once you have pitted the cherries, your homemade jam is made in just ten minutes.
STRAWBERRY-LEMON MARMALADE - POMONA'S UNIVERSAL PECTIN ...
Servings 5Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Before you begin, prepare calcium water.To do this, combine ½ teaspoon calcium powder (in the small packet in your box of Pomona’s pectin) with ½ cup water in a small, clear jar with a lid. Shake well.Extra calcium water should be stored in the refrigerator for future use.
- Wash jars, lids, and bands. Place jars in canner, fill canner 2/3 full with water, bring to a boil. Turn off heat, cover, and keep jars in hot canner water until ready to use. Place lids in water in a small sauce pan; cover and heat to a low boil. Turn off heat and keep lids in hot water until ready to use.
- Wash lemons thoroughly. Using a vegetable peeler or lemon zesting tool, remove the yellow part of the peel from the lemons, leaving the white pith behind or scraping it off the peel if necessary. Then slice the peel into thin strips about 1-inch long.
- When you have 1/3 cup of lemon peels (no white pith), place the peels in a sauce pan and add water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 5 minutes, remove from the heat and drain.
RASPBERRY JAM WITH GINGER & LIME - RECIPES
Total Time 20 mins
SARABETH PRESERVES TWO JAR GIFT BOX, 9 OZ — STRIPES ...
Offer Count 225Availability In stock
JAYNE’S NEARLY-ROSES LIME MARMALADE (RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE NO SUGAR / FRENCH PASTRIES RECIPE ...
FAVOURITE PACK | HANKS FOODS
STRAWBERRY-RASPBERRY LIME MARMALADE | SIMPLY GRATEFUL ...
+20 JAM, JELLY AND MARMALADE RECIPES | MASALAHERB.COM
RASPBERRY AND MARMALADE RECIPES (17) - SUPERCOOK
STRAWBERRY RASPBERRY LIME MARMALADE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY RASPBERRY LIME MARMALADE RECIPE
STRAWBERRY RASPBERRY LIME MARMALADE | GENIUS KITCHEN ...
STRAWBERRY RASPBERRY LIME MARMALADE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
STRAWBERRY RASPBERRY LIME MARMALADE RECIPE - FOOD.COM ...
STRAWBERRY MASCARPONE TART RECIPE : 14 DELICIOUS SUMMER ...
STRAWBERRY AND RASPBERRY JAM - RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #jams-and-preserves #canning #condiments-etc #fruit #summer #stove-top #gifts #seasonal #berries #raspberries #strawberries #citrus #lime #equipment #technique #water-bath
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make raspberry Marmalade with gelatin?When the raspberries are soft, remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the bloomed gelatin to the hot raspberry mixture. Mix until the gelatin has completely dissolved. Ladle the marmalade into sterilized glass jars or into a glass or ceramic container if you plan to use it within a few days. Let cool to room temperature.
How to make lemonade with raspberries and peels?Grate the lemon peel (only the yellow part: the white pith is too bitter for this). Place the peel in a large saucepan. Squeeze the juice from the lemon and set aside. Add the raspberries, sweetener, and water to the saucepan with the lemon peel. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a minimum.
How do you make lime jam with sugar?Allow 1 cup sugar for each 1 cup of measured lime mixture. Place sugar in large baking dish, place in slow oven for 10 minutes, stir several times. (Heated sugar will dissolve in the jam more quickly, resulting in clearer jam). Bring lime mixture to boil, add sugar all at once, (its better to add the sugar off the heat).
Is Raspberry Marmalade keto?Keto Raspberry Lemonade Marmalade | Low-Carb, So Simple! The flavors in this sugar-free marmalade are the essence of summer. Bright, tart lemon and sweet, slightly-floral raspberries combine in a scrumptious spread that you’re going to want to slather on just about everything.