STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and butter in a food processor and pulse until the mixutre resembles course crumbs. You can also use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the dry ingredients if you don't have a food processor.
- Transfer the flour mixture to a large bowl and stir in the sugar, rhubarb and strawberries
- Add the milk and stir just until combined. If it feels too dry you can add an extra tablespoon of milk at a time. The dough should feel a bit sticky when you turn it onto the counter.
- Dump the dough onto a well floured counter top, then dust the top of the dough generously with flour.
- Bring the mixture together with your hands and flatten out to a 10 inch circle. If it is sticky as you flatten it you can dust with a bit more flour.
- With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 8 wedges, then transfer to a parchement lined baking sheet. If you don't have parchement paper, a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray will work as well.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water and brush on top of the scones
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until scones are golden brown then remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- When scones are almost cool, drizzle with icing and serve
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Scone, Calories 368 kcal, Carbohydrate 56 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Cholesterol 57 mg, Sodium 341 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 25 g
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB DROP SCONES RECIPE - (4.2/5)
Provided by á-2225
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl in stand mixer, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter pieces. Add the rhubarb and strawberries. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, egg yolk and buttermilk, then add to the flour-fruit mixture. Stir until combined. Drop about 1/3 cup of the dough onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pat them down slightly until they are a uniform thickness (about 1/2 - 3/4 inch). If using, sprinkle tops with raw sugar. Bake for about 20 minutes (a little less if you opt for smaller scones) or until the scones are golden and the edges beginning to brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
FRESH STRAWBERRY SCONES
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place diced strawberries on paper towels to absorb liquid. Combine the cream with the vanilla extract in a small pitcher, and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and lemon zest together in a mixing bowl. Cut the cold butter into chunks and add to the flour mixture. Use a pastry blender to cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse, pea-sized crumbs. Stir in strawberries, and gently toss ingredients. Make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture; pour cream mixture into the hole. Quickly stir dough together until just blended. Allow dough to rest 2 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface; and knead until smooth and satiny, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet and pat into an 8-inch round. Use a serrated knife to cut the round into 8 wedge-shaped pieces. Separate wedges on the baking sheet, leaving at least 1/2 inch space between each.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops are light brown and crusty, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.3 g, Cholesterol 22.9 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 390.4 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add rhubarb; toss to coat., In another bowl, whisk cream, milk and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened., Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 4-5 times. Divide dough in half; pat into two 6-in. circles. Cut each into 8 wedges. Place wedges on parchment-lined baking sheets; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 155mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "strawberry rhubarb drop scones recipe 425"
STRAWBERRY- RHUBARB DROP SCONES - COMPLETE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY SCONES - JO COOKS
STRAWBERRY AND RHUBARB SCONES WITH VANILLA WHIPPED …
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES - HEATHER CHRISTO
RHUBARB DROP SCONES RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
STRAWBERRY "SHORTCAKE" DROP SCONES | CBC LIFE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES RECIPE | KITCHN
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB DROP SCONES: A RECIPE - YANKEE …
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES - RECIPES | GO BOLD WITH BUTTER
STRAWBERRY DROP SCONES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES - THE BAKER CHICK
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BARLEY SCONES - TRUE NORTH KITCHEN
EASY RHUBARB SCONES | A SUPER SIMPLE SCONE RECIPE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB MUFFIN TIN SCONES - CHINDEEP
RHUBARB DROP SCONES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB ALMOND SCONES – FLOATING KITCHEN
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES RECIPE ~ MACHEESMO
GLAZED STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES - SHE KEEPS A LOVELY HOME
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES - MILDLY MEANDERING
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES - ORCHARD NEWS AND CHEWS
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES - ECHOES OF LAUGHTER
RHUBARB DROP SCONES - WORDS OF DELICIOUSNESS
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB DROP SCONES: A RECIPE - PINTEREST.COM
RHUBARB CREAM SCONES - DINNER WITH JULIE
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB DROP SCONES: A RECIPE - PINTEREST
RHUBARB SOUR CREAM DROP SCONES - DINNER WITH JULIE
VEGAN STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES | FRAGRANT VANILLA CAKE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES WITH NO BUTTER - EAT LOVE NAMASTE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES - ADOLEO BAKING
SIMPLE STRAWBERRY SCONES RECIPE | SUGAR AND SOUL
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES - WIAFESTEPHANIE.WIXSITE.COM
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB SCONES RECIPE | HGTV
MINI RHUBARB SCONES – MY ROI LIST
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES - FOR THE LOVE OF GOURMET
RHUBARB SCONES - HOME COOKED HARVEST
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB SCONES - FARM FLAVOR RECIPE
STRAWBERRIES & CREAM SCONES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES WITH ROSE CREAM | LEILA SOL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make strawberry rhubarb scones?To make these Strawberry Rhubarb Scones this is what you do: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and prepare a sheet pan with a silpat or parchment paper. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt. Pulse it together.
How do you make strawberry cake with rhubarb and strawberries?Add strawberries and rhubarb to flour mixture and toss to coat. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla until sticky dough forms. If dough feels too stiff, add additional buttermilk 1 tablespoon at a time until moistened.
How do you bake scones without a scone Pan?Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a scone pan with flour-based baking spray. If you’re not using a scone pan, cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
How to bake strawberries in the oven?Directions Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place diced strawberries on paper towels to absorb liquid. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and lemon zest together in a mixing bowl. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface; and knead until smooth and satiny, 4 to 5 minutes.