SUMMER SQUASH SALAD
This is a colorful and tasty alternative to coleslaw. Like most gardeners, we usually have an abundance of squash and zucchini in summer, so this dish is inexpensive to prepare and a great way to put this fresh produce to use. -Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and radishes. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. If desired, top with additional snipped fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Fat 19g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 368mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
SUMMER SQUASH SLAW
In her Minneapolis, Minnesota kitchen, Mary Ann Kosmas creates this quick and colorful medley of fresh zucchini, summer squash and red pepper. "It's a flavorful way to use up my garden bounty," she notes, "and the dill adds wonderful herb flavor."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine squash, zucchini, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over squash mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52 calories, Fat 4g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 140mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SUMMER SQUASH SLAW
- Slice squash as thin as possible (I use the food processor and smallest slicing blade.).
- Slice the red onion and red pepper into rings, same thickness as squash, separate onion into rings.
- Mix the squash, onion, red pepper and sugar snap peas together.
- Combine remaining ingredients, pour over vegetables and toss to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
More about "summer squash slaw recipes"
SUMMER SQUASH SLAW - HEALTHY SCHOOL RECIPES
Servings 50Calories 52 per serving
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour over squash mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
SUMMER SQUASH SLAW WITH FETA AND TOASTED …
4.6/5 (12)Estimated Reading Time 40 secsServings 4Total Time 15 mins
- Toast buckwheat in a large, dry skillet over medium-high heat, tossing often, until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool.
- Toss squash, scallions, mint, marjoram, oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl; season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired. Add feta and toasted buckwheat and toss gently to combine.
RECIPE: CRUNCHY PORK CHOPS WITH SUMMER SQUASH SLAW ...
4/5 Total Time 30 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 700 per serving
SUMMER SLAW RECIPE (DELI COPYCAT WITH STEP-BY-STEP …
4.7/5 (12)Servings 12Cuisine AmericanCategory Salad
RECIPE: SMOKED GOUDA CHEESEBURGERS WITH SUMMER …
4.3/5 (8.1K)Servings 2Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
CABBAGE, SUMMER SQUASH & BLACK BEAN SLAW | …
KENTUCKY SOUTHERN SQUASH CASSEROLE RECIPE - THESE …
5/5 (4)Total Time 45 minsCategory Casserole, Side DishCalories 142 per serving
- Return the cooked squash to the skillet, and add the remaining ingredients, starting with the butter allowing it to melt from the heat of the squash. Stir to combine.
ZUCCHINI SLAW TWO WAYS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
4.9/5 (8)Total Time 25 minsCategory SidesCalories 258 per serving
- Combine the zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, scallions, bell pepper, if using, and parsley in a large bowl or, if you want to try both dressings, divvy the veggies between a couple bowls.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Use immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and poppy seeds, if using, in a jar. Screw the lid on tightly and shake the jar until the sugar dissolves. Use immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Drizzle the veggies with either the creamy slaw dressing or the sweet and tart slaw dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat. You can refrigerate the slaw for a little while, although it’s best to serve it shortly after dressing it so it doesn’t become soggy or weepy.
47 SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES FOR SENSATIONAL PATTYPANS ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 minsPublished 2018-05-17
- Summer Squash and Basil Pasta. Some of our favorite summer squash recipes are the easiest ones. Simmered in olive oil with plenty of garlic, yellow summer squash and zucchini practically melt into a buttery sauce.
- Marinated Summer Squash with Hazelnuts and Ricotta. The simple trick to this easy dinner? Salt the squash pieces and let them drain in a colander before cooking.
- Summer Pizza with Salami, Zucchini, and Tomatoes. It's a pizza. It's a salad. It's... a pizza with a huge salad on top of it. Who can argue? What’s more, store-bought pizza dough gets this family-friendly dinner on the table in less than an hour.
- Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken Cutlets with Zucchini Ribbon Salad. Cornmeal is a naturally gluten-free way to get deliciously crispy pan-fried chicken cutlets.
- Veggie Burgers with Zucchini and Corn. Bright zucchini, sweet corn, nutty millet, and creamy white beans add vibrant flavor and texture to these gluten-free veggie burgers.
- Sweet and Sour Pickles. These spiced-packed yellow squash pickles are the perfect combination of tart and sweet, great for pre-dinner snacking or to top a sandwich.
- Zucchini "Noodles" with Eggplant and Tomatoes. Summer squash forms the base of this play on ratatouille, with pan-seared eggplant and cherry tomatoes rounding things out.
- Savory Zucchini Beer Bread. Here, summer squash marries with scallions and Parmesan to create something much more flavorful and a bit more decadent than the average zucchini loaf.
- Lamb and Green Squash Dumplings. These dumplings from Helen You combine lamb with delicate green summer squash, which brings a lovely freshness to the filling.
- Hummus with Spiced Summer Squash and Lamb. Herby cumin-spiced lamb and squash over a bed of creamy hummus makes for a delicious and simple dinner. Serve it with lots of toasted pita for scooping everything up.
30 REFRESHING SLAW RECIPES FOR SUMMER | BON APPéTIT
Author Bon AppétitPublished 2014-07-25
- Spicy Kimchi Slaw. We traded the goopy sweet mayo dressing in your typical cole slaw for a whipped, airy kimchi dressing. Cabbage two ways! View Recipe.
- Tuscan Kale Caesar Slaw. Hearty kale gives some oomph to a traditional Caesar salad. View Recipe.
- Sweet-and-Spicy Slaw. An oil-and-vinegar dressing keeps this slaw from feeling heavy and greasy, and the spiciness is a good counterpart to sweet notes in barbecue sauces.
- Creamy Miso Slaw. Miso and cabbage are a perfect match. Togarashi, a pepper blend, fits in nicely. View Recipe.
- Scallion Slaw. Korean rep pepper packs a punch on this just-spicy enough slaw. View Recipe.
- Classic Coleslaw. This traditional fried chicken side tastes like coleslaw should: crunchy, a little creamy, and with enough vinegar to keep it bright. View Recipe.
- Creamy Summer Slaw. Raw broccoli is made for slaw. It’s sweet and crunchy—and can be dressed hours in advance. View Recipe.
- Collard Green and Radish Slaw with Crispy Shallots. Collard greens are hearty enough to hold their own in a slaw. View Recipe.
- Snap Pea and Cabbage Slaw. This crunchy-sweet combination of cabbage and peas is one of our new favorites. View Recipe.
- Tamarind-Cabbage Slaw with Crispy Onions. Proof that fried onions are good on anything—even a slaw. (This recipe was developed with IBM's Chef Watson.) View Recipe.
SUMMER SQUASH COLE SLAW - MRS HAPPY HOMEMAKER
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
SUMMER SQUASH SLAW WITH TOASTED ALMONDS & FETA - …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SUMMER SQUASH APPLE SLAW RECIPE - LA CREMA
Servings 12Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory SideTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
SUMMER VEGETABLE SLAW RECIPE | BERTOLLI
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
PICNIC MARINATED SUMMER SLAW RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
FRESH SUMMER COLESLAW RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SUMMER SQUASH SLAW RECIPE | RECIPE | SLAW, BROCCOLI ...
SUMMER SQUASH SLAW RECIPE
20 SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES YOU CAN EAT ALL DAY LONG
SUMMER SQUASH SLAW | RECIPE | SLAW RECIPES, SUMMER …
OUR BEST SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES TO PREPARE THIS …
SUMMER SQUASH SLAW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
RECIPE | SAFEWAY
RECIPE(TRIED): SUMMER SQUASH SLAW - RECIPELINK.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #salads
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make zucchini slaw at home?1. Combine the zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, scallions, bell pepper, if using, and parsley in a large bowl or, if you want to try both dressings, divvy the veggies between a couple bowls. Make the creamy slaw dressing. 2. Whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
What do you put in cabbage slaw?These 30 slaw recipes fit the bill, making good use of cabbage, collard greens, kale, and more. We traded the goopy sweet mayo dressing in your typical cole slaw for a whipped, airy kimchi dressing.
What is the best slaw to eat?A good slaw is a thing of beauty. Whether you're a fan of creamy mayonnaise or bright, acidic vinegar, we can all agree that the best slaws are crunchy, refreshing, and light. These 30 slaw recipes fit the bill, making good use of cabbage, collard greens, kale, and more.
What goes well with broccoli slaw?Raw broccoli is made for slaw. It’s sweet and crunchy—and can be dressed hours in advance. Collard greens are hearty enough to hold their own in a slaw. This crunchy-sweet combination of cabbage and peas is one of our new favorites.