SPAGHETTI WITH FRESH TOMATOES AND BASIL
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Only drain spaghetti, do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, cook onions in 1/2 tbs olive oil in a small pot over medium high heat until soft, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low. Add tomatoes, sugar, pepper and salt to taste. Stir to mix.
- Tomatoes should get warm, but not cooked, about 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve add remaining 1/2 tbs oil, basil and spaghetti to tomatoes. Remove from heat, mix well, cover and let rest for 2 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 587.7, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 2.2, Sodium 16.7, Carbohydrate 95.3, Fiber 6, Sugar 10.3, Protein 16.6
SPAGHETTI WITH FRESH TOMATO AND BASIL SAUCE
This recipe came to The Times in 2003 from the chef Scott Conant, who was then cooking at his restaurant L'Impero in Manhattan. It is simple, classic Italian fare that makes the most of summer's tomatoes, but you can also make it with hothouse offerings and it will be delicious.
Provided by The New York Times
Categories dinner, weekday, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Blanch the tomatoes and remove the skins. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut the tomatoes crosswise. Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat 3 ounces olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until it smokes slightly. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Since the tomatoes will reduce and the salt will be concentrated, it is better to season initially with a lighter hand.
- Chop the tomatoes with a potato masher until they are in fine chunks and all their liquid is released. Be sure they are chopped and crushed fine, for a semichunky sauce. Simmer for 25 minutes over medium heat.
- While the sauce simmers, heat the water for the pasta. Cook the spaghetti in salted water about half of the way cooked. Drain, reserving some of the water.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Add the pasta to the sauce and cook over medium-high heat until all the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is al dente. If the sauce is over-reduced, use the pasta cooking liquid to adjust it.
- At the last moment, remove the pan from the heat; add the extra-virgin olive oil, butter, basil and cheese. Mix thoroughly until the pasta is an orangy color. Taste again and adjust the salt if necessary. Remove to a platter. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 852, UnsaturatedFat 32 grams, Carbohydrate 99 grams, Fat 43 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 1167 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SUMMER TOMATO AND BASIL SPAGHETTINI
- Bring large saucepan of water to boil. Drop in 3 tomatoes; cook 30 seconds. Using slotted spoon, transfer tomatoes to plate. Repeat with remaining tomatoes. When cool, peel tomatoes starting at X. Cut tomatoes in half horizontally; squeeze out seeds and juice. Chop tomatoes coarsely; transfer to large bowl. Mix in olives, 5 tablespoons oil, sliced basil, and shallots.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs. Sauté until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Add pasta to tomato mixture; toss to blend. Gently mix in cheese. Transfer pasta to serving bowl. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs; garnish with basil sprigs.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Stir in broth and tomatoes; sprinkle basil into sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and place pasta into serving bowls.
- Place cooked chicken in sauce to heat through; drop in spinach just before serving to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over hot pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.4 calories, Carbohydrate 36.9 g, Cholesterol 37.9 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 25.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 905.6 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
TOMATO BASIL SPAGHETTINI
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the diced tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, and pepper just until chunky.
- In a bowl, gently toss the cooked pasta and tomato mixture. Sprinkle lemon juice over the pasta and top with goat cheese just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.1 calories, Carbohydrate 47.2 g, Cholesterol 6.5 mg, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 305.5 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
TOMATO BASIL SPAGHETTI
This is a great dish when you have little time to cook but something fulfilling and with great taste. The original recipe calls for 1 lb of spaghetti, but since I like more sauce I decreased the amount to 3/4 lb. It's up to you how much pasta you'd like to use. The sauce comes together quickly and the results are always excellent. Begin the sauce as soon as you turn the pasta water on to boil. It's that fast! Recipe courtesy of Eva Longoria.
Provided by LifeIsGood
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the spaghetti to al dente, about 8 minutes or according to your package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, half of the basil and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent - about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer while you break up the tomatoes with the side of a spoon. Simmer gently for about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and put in a large serving bowl. Pour over the sauce and add all but a handful of the left over basil. Toss until the pasta is well coated with sauce. top with the remaining chopped basil, grated cheese and dried red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
More about "summer tomato and basil spaghettini recipes"
TOMATO AND BASIL SPAGHETTI RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
5/5 (3)Category Vegan Dinner RecipesCuisine Italian RecipesTotal Time 20 mins
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add a good pinch of salt, cover with a lid and put on a high heat until the water is boiling.
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a frying pan and ask an adult to put it over a very gentle heat. After a couple of minutes, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft, stirring regularly. Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes, then stir in the tomatoes and juice. Add some salt and pepper, the sugar and most of the basil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan of boiling water, carefully pushing it down until it’s all under water. Cook according to the packet instructions.
SUMMER TOMATO AND BASIL SPAGHETTINI RECIPE
RIPE SUMMER TOMATO GRATIN & BASIL RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsServings 8Calories 170 per serving
- Tear bread with your hands to form coarse crumbs; spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Combine breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons oil, parsley, thyme, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place tomatoes in a shallow dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add remaining 1/4 cup oil, torn basil, vinegar, garlic, and shallot; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange tomato slices in a shallow 3- to 4-quart glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour any remaining liquid from the bowl over the tomatoes. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes (tomatoes should still be firm). Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over tomatoes. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden. Remove dish from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with small basil leaves, if desired.
SPAGHETTINI WITH ROASTED TOMATOES, FRESH BASIL, AND ...
4.5/5 (138)Total Time 40 minsCategory Pastas, Risottos, And GrainsCalories 420 per serving
- Roast Tomatoes: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. If your oven runs hot, I recommend reducing the temperature by 25 degrees or so, or reducing the cook time (and watching them carefully). Bring a large pot (8 quarts or larger) of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Rinse the tomatoes and pat them dry. Place the tomatoes and smashed garlic cloves on a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Spread them out on the baking sheet. Roast the tomatoes for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping them every 5 to 10 minutes or so, until they are soft and have just begun to collapse. Meanwhile, prepare the breadcrumb topping.
- Prepare Breadcrumb Topping: In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the chopped shallot and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the shallots have softened and become translucent. Add the panko breadcrumbs and chopped garlic. Reduce the heat to low and toast the breadcrumbs for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent the breadcrumbs from burning–or until they are golden and fragrant. Remove from heat and place the breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- While the tomatoes finish roasting (and the breadcrumbs are prepared), boil the dried pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta. Place the pasta back into the pot and drizzle with a glug of olive oil, and gently toss to coat. Add the warm, roasted tomato and garlic mixture as well as the basil ribbons, and toss gently until combined. Add reserved pasta water as necessary.
- Garnish each pasta serving with additional basil (torn or sliced into thin ribbons), a generous sprinkling of toasted garlic breadcrumbs, and serve with freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
ONE-PAN SPAGHETTI WITH CHERRY TOMATOES & TORN BASIL | THE ...
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- Simmer. In a large sauté pan, combine the spaghetti, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and the water; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta, stirring frequently with tongs, until al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 11 minutes.
- Serve your dish. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with torn basil. Serve with olive oil and cheese.
BASIL AND TOMATO SPAGHETTINI - 500,000+ RECIPES, MEAL ...
Reviews 1Servings 4Cuisine ItalianCategory Main Dish
SPAGHETTINI WITH TOMATO AND BASIL SAUCE | METRO
4/4 (2)Total Time 20 minsServings 4
SUMMER TOMATO AND BASIL SPAGHETTINI RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SILVER PALATE TOMATO BASIL - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SUMMER TOMATO AND BASIL SPAGHETTINI | FRESH TOMATO RECIPES ...
CORN TOMATO AND BASIL PASTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CANNING TOMATO SAUCE RECIPES WITH BASIL - SIMPLE CHEF RECIPE
TOMATO BASIL SPAGHETTINI 26 RECIPES
TOMATO BASIL SPAGHETTINI RECIPE
TOMATO AND BASIL MENU - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CLASSICO TOMATO AND BASIL RECIPES
TOMATO BASIL SPAGHETTINI RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook Tomatoes for spaghetti sauce?Reduce heat to low. Add tomatoes, sugar, pepper and salt to taste. Stir to mix. Tomatoes should get warm, but not cooked, about 5 minutes. When ready to serve add remaining 1/2 tbs oil, basil and spaghetti to tomatoes.
How do you Cook Pasta with fresh basil and tomatoes?In the last minute or so of cooking, add the fresh basil leaves to the pasta water. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water (avoid any basil leaves), and drain the pasta. Place the pasta (with basil) back into the pot and drizzle with olive oil. Add the warm, roasted tomatoes and toss gently.
How long to cook Tomatoes for spaghetti squash?Tomatoes should get warm, but not cooked, about 5 minutes. When ready to serve add remaining 1/2 tbs oil, basil and spaghetti to tomatoes. Remove from heat, mix well, cover and let rest for 2 minutes. Serve. 26 Surprising Spaghetti Squash Reci...
How much water do you boil Tomatoes for pasta?Bring a large pot (8 quarts or larger) of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Rinse the tomatoes and pat them dry. Place the tomatoes and smashed garlic cloves on a half sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with kosher salt and pepper.