SUPER SIMPLE SWEET POTATO MASH
My cousin and I came up with this simple recipe, when she overbaked the sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving Dinner. They tasted great! I don't really like sweet potatoes, but I took thirds on this one.
Provided by Sandra E.
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 12 , 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Overcook the sweet potatoes. Either bake them in foil, steam, roast (I'm sure roasting would give them an even nicer flavour) or bbq. Get them overcooked so they are really soft and you can mash them with a fork.
- Add applesauce (we used an Organics Applesauce snack cup. I think it might have been sweetened, so you may need to add some sugar to tast if you use unsweetened).
- Add Cinnamon.
- Mash it all together with a fork, or use a blender for a smoother texture and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 73.7, Fat 0.1, Sodium 41.8, Carbohydrate 17.8, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 2.7, Protein 1.1
SWEET POTATO MASH
- These potatoes can be steamed to preserve more of the flavor and vitamins (or boiled if you wish), until tender. (To steam them, you can place them in a single layer on a rack placed over a large shallow pan of water with a large pot lid to cover. Replenish water in pan if it boils off before they are tender.)
- Place the tender potatoes in a large bowl and mash by hand with a masher or fork. Then, using a beater, whip in butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, and enough cream to achieve your desired consistency. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
SWEET POTATO MASH
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Pierce 4 sweet potatoes with a fork; microwave 8 minutes. Scoop the flesh into a bowl, then mash. Brown 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet, then add 8 sage leaves and fry until crisp; transfer to a plate. Cook 4 chopped scallions with salt and pepper in the browned butter. Drizzle over the sweet potatoes; top with the sage.
QUICK AND EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; mash butter, garlic, basil, and thyme into the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 573.4 calories, Carbohydrate 86.6 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 13 g, Protein 7.1 g, SaturatedFat 14.7 g, Sodium 398.2 mg, Sugar 17.8 g
SPICED SWEET POTATO MASH
One year my flight got canceled as I was traveling home. I finally arrived at 1 a.m. the morning of our holiday get-together. I was so tired when I woke up to prepare this dish, but it felt so good when I saw everyone smiling and enjoying what I'd made. -Allison Brummet, Glenarm, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain., In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the cream cheese, milk, brown sugar and seasonings; beat until smooth. Top with pecans.
Nutrition Facts :
QUICK MASHED SWEET POTATOES
This is the easiest, quickest recipe I have for a sweet potatoe side dish. Goes especially well with poultry or baked ham. Great comfort food and a nice change from ordinary mashed potatoes.
Provided by Sharon A. H
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cook sweet potatoes and liquid in medium size saucepan until heated through approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain off liquid.
- Add butter and half and half to pan.
- Beat or mash to desired consistency.
- Serve with butter, salt and pepper.
SWEET POTATO MASH
Swap regular mash for a sweet potato version, full of vitamin C and fibre. It's great as a topping for shepherd's pie or fish pie, or as a veggie side dish
Provided by Lulu Grimes
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 mins or until tender, how long they take will depend on the size of the cubes. Drain very well and leave to steam dry for a couple of minutes.
- Tip the potatoes back into the pan and mash with 1 tbsp butter using a fork or masher, then season well. Serve with the extra butter and more seasoning on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 44 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 25 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
More about "super simple sweet potato mash recipes"
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
5/5 (4)Total Time 40 minsCategory Side Dish
- Season generously with salt. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are very tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
SUPER EASY SWEET POTATO MASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 30 mins
- Combine sweet potatoes with water in large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at HIGH 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from microwave and carefully remove cover. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken and Spreadable Butter. Mash or process in food processor until smooth.
VEGAN SWEET POTATO MASH - ALLIANNA'S KITCHEN
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
SUPER EASY SWEET POTATO MASH | KNORR US
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR
10 MASHED SWEET POTATO RECIPES TO MAKE ALL SEASON LONG
MASHED SWEET POTATO AND CARROTS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ULTIMATE MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY …
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - EAT SIMPLE FOOD
38 EASY SWEET POTATO RECIPES - MINIMALIST BAKER
SWEET-POTATO MASH RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
20-MINUTE MASHED SWEET POTATOES - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
EASY SAVORY MASHED SWEET POTATOES - CALL ME BETTY
EASY SWEET POTATO MASH RECIPE - THE WOODEN SKILLET
SWEET POTATO MASH RECIPE SCRUMTIOUS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
MASHED SWEET POTATOES (SAVORY OR SWEET!) - THE CHUNKY CHEF
EASY CREAMY MASHED SWEET POTATOES - INSPIRED TASTE
SWEET POTATO MASH RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
SWEET POTATO AND POTATO MASH RECIPE - LOOKANDCOOK
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
HEALTHY MASHED SWEET POTATOES | THE RISING SPOON
SAVORY SWEET POTATO MASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SUPER EASY SWEET POTATO MASH - OPERATIONINTOUCH.COM
MASHED SWEET POTATOES - DAMN DELICIOUS
EASY, SIMPLE, SWEET POTATO MASH – CULINARY ORACLE
THE BEST MASHED SWEET POTATOES - JUST A TASTE
WHIPPED SWEET POTATO MASH - GHEE, MAPLE SYRUP, AND CINNAMON
MASHED SWEET POTATOES - SWEET POTATO MASH RECIPE
SWEET POTATO MASH RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
SWEET POTATO JALAPEñO MASH - SIMPLY SCRATCH
MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
15-MINUTE LOADED SWEET POTATO RECIPE - MASHED
HOW TO MAKE MASHED SWEET POTATO EASY
MASHED SWEET POTATOES (TWO WAYS!) - CHEF SAVVY
MASHED SWEET POTATOES | SAVORY & HEALTHY SWEET POTATOES
EASY SWEET POTATO MASH RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE (VEGAN) - SHANE & SIMPLE
#lactose #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #yams-sweet-potatoes #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #fall #holiday-event #low-fat #dietary #thanksgiving #low-sodium #gluten-free #low-cholesterol #seasonal #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #comfort-food #inexpensive #egg-free #healthy-2 #free-of-something #low-in-something #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make mashed sweet potatoes?Directions. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; mash butter, garlic, basil, and thyme into the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. See how to make perfect instant mashed potatoes. See how to make a sweet and savory sweet potato casserole. Simple mashed sweet potatoes are flavored with maple syrup and butter.
How to cook potatoes for mashed potatoes?Directions. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes; drain. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; mash butter, garlic, basil, and thyme into the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. See how to make perfect instant mashed potatoes.
What is the best way to cook sweet potatoes?Super-starchy sweet potatoes mash just as well as russets, and certainly don’t need to be covered in marshmallows to taste good. When steamed until tender, then mashed with creamy half-and-half and plenty of butter. Why steam potatoes? Steaming is the best method when it comes to cooking potatoes gently.
How to cook sweet potatoes in a crock pot?Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes; drain. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; mash butter, garlic, basil, and thyme into the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth.