SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE I
- Place the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.8 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 236.3 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
WOW! SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- Stir water, sugar, ketchup, pineapple, vinegar, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, steak sauce, and hot sauce together in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove 1/2 cup of the sauce to a small bowl; whisk cornstarch into the sauce in the bowl. Bring the sauce in the saucepan to a boil, stir the sauce with the cornstarch into the boiling sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.4 calories, Carbohydrate 70.3 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.1 g, Sodium 648.7 mg, Sugar 64.6 g
GINGER SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
I usually use this as a dipping sauce when putting out dumplings. It also works nicely as a stir fry sauce. This sauce also works with sugar free preserves.
Provided by Lady Lisette
Yield 2/3 cup, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Warm the preserves in a small saucepan over med-low heat. When preserves have melted add rest of ingredients. Taste to make sure you have the right balance of sweet to sour, some preserves are sweeter than others. You may need to add just a dash more vinegar or a heaping spoonfull of preserves to balance the flavors.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.5, Sodium 8.9, Carbohydrate 18.5, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 13, Protein 0.1
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
Provided by Food Network
Yield about 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat a wok or saucepan over high heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and garlic. Stir-fry just until fragrant, and then add the juice, vinegar, brown sugar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the cornstarch and water mixture and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir into any nearly completed stir-fry dish and bring to a boil until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
GINGER SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
- Microwave the lime in a small bowl and set aside until it is just cool enough to handle. In a small bowl, create a slurry by gradually whisking 2 tablespoons water into the cornstarch. Through the feed tube of a running blender add, 1 at a time, the vinegar, chile pepper, garlic, ginger, salt, black pepper, and sugar. Then squeeze the lime from the micro-waved lime through the feed tube into the mixture. Then, leaving the blender running, add the slurry to the sauce, and pour the olive oil in a slow thin stream.
- Heat the oil in the deep-fryer to 375 degrees F, or as directed by the manufacturer's instructions for similar foods.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken strips, allowing any excess flour to fall away. Deep-fry the chicken and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
GINGERBREAD WITH BROWN SUGAR SAUCE
THE AROMA OF gingerbread is what I remember most about my grandmother's kitchen, and it meant dessert would be special. That was nearly 50 years ago, but whenever I catch a whiff of ginger and cinnamon, I'm back with Grandmother and the happiness I knew. -Toni Hamm, Vandergrift, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and egg until blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt; add to the molasses mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. , Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. , For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, water and vinegar; stir until smooth. Add butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Serve with the gingerbread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 31mg cholesterol, Sodium 176mg sodium, Carbohydrate 70g carbohydrate (50g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
DANDY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- Use 1 Quart glass or enamel sauce pan.
- Combine pineapple, sugar green pepper, pimiento, garlic, vinegar, 1/4 cup water, the soy sauce, and Tabasco.
- Mix and heat slowly 5 minutes.
- Remove garlic.
- Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup of water until smooth.
- Stir into hot mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear, about 5 minutes' boiling.
- Makes 4 main-dish servings or 6 or more appetizer servings.
- Serve with fried Shrimp, or a dip for Chicken Fingers or strips.
- Add rice for a main meal.
More about "sweet and sour sauce for gingerbread recipes"
BEST EVER SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - CHEF IN TRAINING
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE FOR GINGERBREAD - RECIPELER
EASY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - THIS SILLY GIRL'S KITCHEN
BEST SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - THE DARING GOURMET
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE (HOMEMADE SWEET AND …
CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
EASY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE + VIDEO - THE SLOW …
CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
BEST HOMEMADE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE (BETTER THAN TAKE …
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - CRAVING HOME COOKED
5-MINUTE HOMEMADE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE (+ VIDEO)
EASY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
GINGER SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - THE DR. OZ SHOW
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE FOR GINGERBREAD | RECIPE | BISCUIT RECIPE ...
SWEET AND SOUR GINGER, CHINESE ACCOMPANIMENT RECIPE
RECIPE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE: HOW TO PREPARE IT - IT'S COOKING HOUR
CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE (甜酸醬) - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - COPYKAT RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - 6 INGREDIENT DIPPING SAUCE
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
EASY HOMEMADE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - BUDGET BYTES
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - GREATIST
HOMEMADE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - PETITE GOURMETS
RESTAURANT STYLE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - KEY TO MY LIME
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - RICARDO CUISINE
HOMEMADE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
EASY, DELICIOUS HOMEMADE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE
PANDA EXPRESS SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE (COPYCAT) - DINNER, THEN …
EASY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN IS SO EASY TO MAKE AT HOME
EASY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
EASY SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE - DIYJOY.COM
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE FOR GINGERBREAD | RECIPESTY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best sweet and sour sauce recipe?The Best Sweet and Sour Sauce, only 5 ingredients and ready in minutes! In a small saucepot, add the sugar, vinegar, and water. Place over medium heat, whisking constantly until sugar is melted. Add the ketchup whisk to combine. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water to make a slurry.
What is the best way to cook with Ginger?Finely mince 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh ginger and cook it in 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in the saucepan until it is fragrant and starting to brown. Now add 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce, ketchup (or tomato paste), vinegar, sugar, water, and salt and bring this to a boil.
How to make sweet and sour sauce momof4?Sweet and Sour Sauce Momof4 Stir water, sugar, ketchup, pineapple, vinegar, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, steak sauce, and hot sauce together in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove 1/2 cup of the sauce to a small bowl; whisk cornstarch into the sauce in the bowl.
How to make orange-ginger sweet and sour sauce?For an orange-ginger sweet and sour sauce, do not add the potato starch slurry at the beginning. Finely mince 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh ginger and cook it in 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in the saucepan until it is fragrant and starting to brown.