STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- With a slender knife cut a 3-inch pocket along length of thickest side of chicken (or have a butcher do this for you). In a mixing bowl combine the cheese with chopped herbs of your choice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stuff a quarter of this mixture into each pocket and secure pocket with toothpicks.
- Season the outside with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and saute the chicken, skin side down for 5 to 6 minutes over moderate heat. Turn over and cook for 5 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through. Remove toothpicks and serve over the salad.
- Variation: instead of the cheese and herbs, stuff each chicken breast with about 2 to 4 tablespoons of another mixture which might include one or several ingredients such as slivered roasted peppers, pitted good black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, anchovies, hot chilis, or other cheeses such as Mozzarella or Fontina.
STUFFED CHICKEN ROLLS
Just thinking about this dish sparks my appetite. The ham and cheese rolled inside are a tasty surprise. Leftovers reheat well and make a perfect lunch with a green salad. -Jean Sherwood, Kenneth City, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness; top with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. , In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. , Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley if desired. Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525 calories, Fat 26g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 167mg cholesterol, Sodium 914mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 60g protein.
OVEN ROASTED STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and oregano.
- Loosen the skin on the chicken breasts to form a pocket, and stuff with the ricotta cheese mixture. Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, and brush with oil.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348.8 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 65.2 mg, Fat 22.6 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 27.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 217.2 mg, Sugar 1 g
CHICKEN BREASTS STUFFED WITH PERFECTION
What's not to love about anything with feta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and mushrooms in it? The best thing about these is that they are easily prepared a day ahead or frozen and eaten later. These are perfect to have for company along with a nice salad and the Chocolate Lava Cakes for dessert.
Provided by PREGOCOOK
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in Italian dressing, seal tightly, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Place the stale bread, Parmesan, thyme, and pepper into a food processor. Pulse until the bread is processed into crumbs. Seat aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the feta and sour cream. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic. Then add the spinach, and cook until it wilts. Stir in green onions, cook 2 minutes. Remove spinach to a plate, and leave any liquid in the pan. Stir in mushrooms, and saute until soft. Remove mushrooms to plate with spinach. Allow to cool briefly, then combine spinach and mushrooms with feta and sour cream mixture.
- Stir the sun-dried tomatoes into the mixture, and spread onto a large cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts on a cookie sheet, and place about 3 tablespoons of the filling mixture in the center of each breast. Roll the breasts, and secure with a toothpick. Transfer chicken breasts to a baking dish, and sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 622.4 calories, Carbohydrate 34.7 g, Cholesterol 119 mg, Fat 35.2 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 43.4 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 1516.6 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
My family loves to scoop up the extra wine and cheese that melts out into the bottom of the pan and pour it over their rice.
Provided by cookiedog
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pound chicken breasts between wax paper until thin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine margarine with herbs. Spread mixture on the inside of chicken. Place slice of cheese on each piece of chicken and roll. Secure with a toothpick.
- Cover chicken with flour lightly and completely. Dip in egg. Roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in a pan and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Pour wine over chicken and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 583.9, Fat 30.5, SaturatedFat 12.1, Cholesterol 214.3, Sodium 705.3, Carbohydrate 26.4, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 2.3, Protein 46
JALAPENO-STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
Turn up the heat at your dinner table with grilled, stuffed chicken breasts filled with a mixture of jalapeno peppers and two types of cheese.
Provided by JGesq
Categories Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place jalapeno peppers on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high power until soft but still plump, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and discard seeds. Dice peppers.
- Mix diced peppers, Monterey Jack cheese, onion, cream cheese, garlic, and cumin together in a bowl.
- Make a pocket in each chicken breast, being careful not to cut through the sides or bottom, as follows: Make a vertical slice in the top center of each breast, starting about 1/2 inch in from each edge. Starting inside the vertical slit, cut horizontally into the chicken breast in both directions; this should leave you with a nice pocket.
- Press 1/4 of the pepper-cheese mixture into each breast. Close and secure with toothpicks. Spray chicken breasts with cooking spray and season with salt.
- Place chicken on the preheated grill with toothpicks facing upwards. Grill for 12 minutes, then turn and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 3 to 5 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267.9 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Cholesterol 108.7 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 34.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 188.7 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
BAKED STUFFED BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS
This recipe can be prepared using boned, split chicken breasts without the skin or with the skin still attached. The skin becomes brown and crisp and keeps the delicate meat moist.
Provided by Hag chef
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts.
- Trim any fat around the edges.
- If you wish, remove the white tendon running through the tenderloins.
- Place the chicken breasts 1 at a time between sheets of wax paper and gently pound with a mallet until about 3/8 inch thick.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat unsalted butter in a small skillet over medium high heat until the foam begins to subside.
- Add onions and cook, stirring, until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes: Stir in minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove the mixture to a bowl and stir in bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken stock.
- The stuffing should be just moist enough to hold together in a crumbly ball when squeezed firmly in the hand.
- Do not over moisten.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Lightly oil a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Place 1/4 cup stuffing on the center of the underside of each breast and press lightly to compact it.
- Bring the top and bottom flaps of the chicken up over the stuffing, slightly overlapping the ends, then fold up the sides to enclose the stuffing completely.
- Lay the packets seam side down in the pan and brush with olive oil.
- Season with Salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Bake until the chicken is lightly browned and feels firm when pressed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
STUFFING STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
I found this recipe in a magazine. It's an easy company dish, and I can halve it to satisfy a craving for roast chicken without more leftovers than we can ever possibly eat! -Carol Mead, Los Alamos, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in the bread crumbs, milk, herbs and celery mixture. Set aside., Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread bread crumb mixture over chicken; roll up. Secure with toothpicks., Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Melt remaining butter and brush over chicken. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 368mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a paring knife, make a horizontal slit in wide end of each of 4 chicken breasts to create a pocket (do not cut all the way through).
- Wrap 1 slice Brie and 1 basil leaf in one slice ham. Repeat to make 4 bundles; insert into pockets. If desired, refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts, smooth sides down. Cook until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes; turn chicken. Add white wine, water, and 4 basil leaves.
- Transfer skillet to oven; bake until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with pan sauce.
More about "stuffed chicken breasts recipes"
15 BEST STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
15 BEST STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
DELICIOUS STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
BROCCOLI AND CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
THE BEST STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST WITH STUFFING RECIPE
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST | I HEART RECIPES
STUFFED HERBED CHICKEN BREASTS - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
10 BEST ROLLED STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
OUR MOST FLAVORFUL STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
20 STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES [YOU'LL LOVE] | RECIPE POCKET
17 BEST STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - DELISH
OUR BEST STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST—PLUS 10 RECIPES TO GET YOU …
MOZZARELLA STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST – MY ROI LIST
10 BEST CREAM CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
9 STUFFED CHICKEN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
30 HEALTHY STUFFED CHICKEN RECIPES TO MAKE TONIGHT
ARTICHOKE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
10 BEST GRILLED STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SEAFOOD STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
STUFFED CRANBERRY CHICKEN BREASTS | HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
25 NEXT-LEVEL STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - PUREWOW
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
STUFFING STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MUSHROOM-STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST | RECIPETIN EATS
BASIL & RICOTTA STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE | F.N. SHARP BLOG
59 STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - RECIPELAND.COM
STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
YUMMLY: PERSONALIZED RECIPE RECOMMENDATIONS AND SEARCH
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
5 DELICIOUS STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - THE GIRL ON BLOOR
STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - MOMSDISH
CHEESY SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS (VIDEO)
THE GOOD DISH FRENCH ONION-STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#weeknight #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #poultry #chicken #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love