SEARED AHI TUNA WITH WATERCRESS, CHILE, AND GINGER SALAD
- Whisk together the ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Slowly whisk in olive oil until incorporated. Set aside and refrigerate half of this mixture to be used as a salad dressing later. Whisk the garlic, lime zest, minced chile pepper, and cilantro stems into the marinade. Coat the tuna steaks with the marinade, cover, and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is very hot, remove the tuna from the marinade, and place into the skillet. Sear the tuna until golden brown on both sides, and cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 2 minutes per side for medium, depending on thickness.
- Place the watercress in a large bowl with the cilantro leaves, cherry tomatoes, and sliced chile pepper. Pour in the reserved dressing, and toss to mix. Serve the seared tuna on a bed of salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 564.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 102.4 mg, Fat 29.9 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 58.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 889.5 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
SEARED TUNA WITH JAPANESE SALSA
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Add the chopped tomato, cilantro and onion. Season the tuna very well with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, sear the tuna for 30 seconds on each side. Remove from heat and slice the tuna into 1/4-inch slices. To serve, neatly arrange the tuna slices and avocado slices on a plate and drizzle the sauce over the tuna.
PAN-SEARED TUNA WITH GINGER-SHIITAKE CREAM SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Sprinkle 1 side of tuna steaks with pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Place tuna steaks, pepper side down, in hot oil and sear 2 minutes. Turn tuna over and continue cooking to desired doneness, about 2 minutes for rare. Transfer tuna to rimmed baking sheet; keep warm in oven.
- Add butter, sliced green onions, cilantro, ginger and chopped garlic to same skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Mix in mushrooms and soy sauce and simmer 30 seconds. Add whipping cream and simmer until sauce lightly coats back of spoon, about 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Spoon sauce onto plates; arrange tuna atop sauce. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs, if desired.
GRILLED TUNA WITH GINGER-SESAME SAUCE
- Make the sauce. Stir-fry the scallions, ginger and garlic in the sesame oil for one to two minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and pour the sauce into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill. Sprinkle the tuna fish with olive oil on both sides and season with salt and liberal grindings of pepper. Grill the fish for two to three minutes on each side for rare, longer if you wish it more well-done. Serve with the sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 372, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 44 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 780 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SESAME SEARED TUNA WITH CHILLI AND SOY DRESSING
- Heat a large lightly oiled non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Dip the tuna steaks into the sesame seeds, coating evenly on both sides.
- When the pan is very hot, add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile remove the pak choi leaves from their stalks and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix well to make the dressing.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and set aside in a warm place.
- Put the pak choi leaves into the pan and add 4 tablespoons of cold water, return the pan to the heat and boil until the water evaporates and the pak choi is just tender.
- Place the pak choi onto serving plates and top with the tuna.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately, garnished with lime wedges and chopped fresh red chili.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Fat 13.3, SaturatedFat 2.8, Cholesterol 55, Sodium 661.5, Carbohydrate 7.8, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 1.8, Protein 36.8
SEARED AHI TUNA WITH APPLE-GINGER SOY SAUCE
A beautiful way to eat seared ahi tuna with a tasty sauce. Great served with white rice and beans or a salad with Asian pears and walnuts.
Provided by Di
Categories Main Dish Tuna
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add tuna steaks to the hot skillet and sear 90 seconds on each side. Remove tuna steaks to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk soy sauce and honey together in small bowl. Add to the skillet with apple and ginger. Saute until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve sauce on the side or on top of tuna steaks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.2 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 50.6 mg, Fat 1.2 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 26.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 268.7 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
More about "sweet chili ginger seared tuna recipes"
10 BEST AHI TUNA WITH GINGER SOY SAUCE RECIPES
SEARED TUNA WITH SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE
SPICY, SWEET AND SAVORY SEARED AHI TUNA - TASTY KITCHEN
SEARED TUNA WITH CHILI AND MANGO CILANTRO GINGER …
10 BEST SWEET CHILI SAUCE TUNA RECIPES - YUMMLY
SEARED AHI TUNA WITH SOY GINGER SAUCE - COOKIN' CANUCK
SEARED TUNA WITH CRUSHED PISTACHIO CRUST - WINES OF …
LIME CHILI MARINATED TUNA - RECIPE GIRL
SWEET CHILI GINGER SEARED TUNA : RECIPES - COOKING CHANNEL
Servings 4Total Time 3 hrs 30 mins
SEARED SESAME CRUST TUNA WITH CHILLI AND LIME DRESSING
LIGHT SEARED TUNA STEAK WITH ORIENTAL GINGER DRESSING RECIPE
SESAME CRUSTED TUNA WITH SWEET AND SPICY GINGER SAUCE
SEARED AHI TUNA WITH GINGER & SOY SAUCE MARINADE - KAPPLER …
SEARED TUNA WITH SOY SAUCE & GINGER - THE LONDON ECONOMIC
SEARED TUNA BOWLS W/ HONEY GINGER DRESSING - MY LIFE IN AN APRON
SEARED AHI TUNA WITH WATERCRESS, CHILI AND GINGER RECIPE | SIDECHEF
SEARED ALBACORE TUNA WITH GINGER SOY SAUCE - CHAMPAGNE TASTES
SEARED AHI TUNA WITH CHILI GARLIC GINGER SAUCE - JAX HOUSE
SWEET & SOUR TUNA - THE CURRY GUY
AHI TUNA WITH SOY GINGER LIME SAUCE - JESSICA GAVIN
4 SEARED TUNA DIPPING SAUCE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CHILI-LIME SEARED AHI TUNA RECIPE WITH QUINOA - FED & FIT
CHILI GARLIC AHI TUNA - SARAH KOSZYK
SESAME CRUSTED SEARED AHI TUNA - SWEET & SAVORY
SWEET CHILI GINGER SEARED TUNA – RECIPES NETWORK
PAN SEARED AHI TUNA WITH MAPLE SRIRACHA SOY SAUCE
SWEET CHILI BAKED TUNA CAKES - MEGAN VS KITCHEN
GINGER SESAME TUNA STEAK - SIPS, NIBBLES & BITES
THE SECRET INGREDIENT (GINGER JAM) PART III: SWEET GINGER-SEARED …
SEARED TUNA STEAK WITH SNOW PEAS AND GINGER-SCALLION SAUCE
PAN SEARED AHI TUNA WITH GINGER SAUCE - SWEET TEA (WITH LEMON)
SEARED TUNA SALAD WITH GINGER DRESSING - SIMMER + SAUCE
TUNA STEAKS WITH GINGER-CHILI GLAZE - DUMMIES
SEARED GINGER RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
SWEET CHILI GINGER SEARED TUNA RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What to make with ahi tuna?The ahi tuna is marinated in mustard and spices and then seared with some chili as well. If you love spicy food, you'll definitely appreciate this recipe. Start by patting the ahi tuna dry with a paper towel. Then, place them in a mixing bowl and add the mustard paste to it. Mix them so that they get covered with it.
What is the Outback’s seared peppered ahi tuna?The Outback Steakhouse seared peppered ahi is exactly what it sounds like; seared and peppered ahi tuna. It is one of the most prominent dishes on the Outback Steakhouse menu. The tuna steaks are covered with a spicy mustard paste and then sesame seeds. The steaks are then seared and peppered, both at the same time. I’ll tell you how in a minute.
What does ahi tuna taste like?Ahi Tuna Steaks- Ahi tuna is a great choice for seared fish. When seared, it becomes oily and tender. Mustard Paste- Flavor the tuna with some mustard paste to give it a spicy and savory taste. Sesame Seeds- Roll the ahi tuna in sesame seeds and make sure every inch of it gets covered with them.