CORN RELISH I
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the corn, green bell peppers, onion, sweet pickle relish, celery seed, salt, dry mustard, vinegar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to sterile jars and refrigerate until serving.
- Mix corn, bell pepper, onion and pimientos in medium heatproof glass or plastic bowl.
- Heat remaining ingredients to boiling in 1-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally. Boil 2 minutes. Pour over corn mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend flavors but no longer than 5 days. Black Bean-Corn Relish: Stir in 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained. Makes 3 1/2 cups relish.
OLD-FASHIONED CORN RELISH
This was the first "country" recipe I received after moving away from the city-a new neighbor shared it. It's wonderful made with garden-fresh ingredients and tasty served with your favorite meat. -Jean Peterson, Mulliken, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until thickened. Store in the refrigerator.
SWEET CORN RELISH
- Cook corn in a large pot of generously salted boiling water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain; let cool completely. Strip kernels from cobs with a sharp knife.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, 1/3 cup water, brown sugar, mustard and coriander seeds, and 1 teaspoon salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in onion, celery, and bell pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn kernels and jalapeño; simmer 1 minute more. Carefully transfer mixture to a 4-cup-capacity or two 2-cup-capacity jars. Top with more vinegar, if necessary. (Liquid should fully submerge corn mixture and reach about 1/2 inch from top.) Let cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until ready to use, up to 1 month or can with our helpful instructions.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Tip in the shallot and cook for 5 mins until softened. Stir in the remaining ingredients (except the coriander) with ½ tsp salt.
- Bring to the boil, then cook for 10 mins until the corn is golden and the sauce coats the kernels. Add the coriander, if using, and leave to cool. Serve with hot dogs, burgers or pork chops.
PICKLED SWEET CORN RELISH
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss well before serving.
- Serve on grilled chicken, hot dogs, sausages, pork, fish, tacos, chili, omelets, tomato soup and more.
QUICK CORN RELISH
Something different to do with fresh, in-season corn. Since this makes 2 cups, I usually make this up when I am invited to a bbq, bringing a jar as a hostess gift. It keeps in the refrigerator for 1 month. Recipe comes from Canadian Living magazine. NOTE: Prep time does not include cooling time before serving.
Provided by Sweet PQ
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine corn, red pepper and onion together in a pot.
- Stir in the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, celery seeds, hot pepper flakes and turmeric.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir the cornstarch into 1 tablespoon cold water until dissolved. Stir this into corn mixture and cook for 1 minute until thickened.
- Ladle into jars. Seal and let stand 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cold, about 1hr.
- Keeps refrigerated for 1 month.
EASY CORN RELISH
- Combine corn, red pepper, onion, pickle relish and celery in medium-size heatproof bowl.
- Stir together vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard, mustard seed and celery seed in small saucepan.
- Bring to boiling; boil 1 minute.
- Pour over vegetables; stir well.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon relish into glass jar and tightly cover.
- Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
SWEET PICKLE RELISH
This chunky relish is great for eating fresh or going into the pantry in the middle of winter cracking open a jar and putting on your hotdogs! Also great to add to macaroni salad!
Provided by cindymartin21502
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine cucumbers, onions, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper in a large bowl; add salt and pour in enough cold water to cover. Allow to soak for 2 hours. Thoroughly drain in a colander.
- Pour vinegar into a large, heavy stainless steel pot; add celery seed and mustard seed. Stir sugar into mixture and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the drained vegetable mixture and return to a boil, about 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack relish into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
People also searched
More about "sweet corn relish recipe easy"
SWEET CORN RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2010-05-11 · Recipes; Sweet Corn Relish; Sweet Corn Relish. Rating: 5 stars. 2 Ratings. 5 star values: 2 4 star values: 0 3 star values: 0 2 star values: 0 1 star values: 0 Read Reviews Add Review 2 Ratings 2 Reviews With our simple refrigerator relish recipe, you can preserve a bumper crop of corn …
- Combine all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and most of liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Cool; pour into airtight containers.
SWEET CORN RELISH - HEALTHY CANNING
2015-08-18 · In a large pot (about 4 litres / US quarts), mix everything from the corn down to and including the vinegar. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and simmer for 10 …
HOMEMADE SWEET CORN RELISH - THE DARING GOURMET
2015-07-19 · Combine all the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Ladle the relish into hot sterilized jars and seal with lids. Process the jars …
CORN RELISH RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
2021-02-08 · Place mixture in a medium-sized (4 to 6-quart), thick-bottomed pot. Add the corn, tomatoes, serano chiles, sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar, turmeric, mustard seed, and ground cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
See details »
SWEET CORN RELISH - SAVORING ITALY
2020-08-08 · Place the corn kernels, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and garlic in a 1-quart jar, or divide between 2 1-pint jars, and set aside. If you blanched fresh corn, in the same pot you used for …
- If you’re using fresh corn, bring a pot of water to high heat and boil the corn. Blanch the corn for about a minute and drain in a colander.
- Let the corn cool and slice off the kernels. I had leftover grilled corn on hand and sliced the kernels off the ear.
- Place the corn kernels, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and garlic in a 1-quart jar, or divide between 2 1-pint jars, and set aside.
- If you blanched fresh corn, in the same pot you used for the corn, combine the vinegar, 1/4 cup water, sugar, mustard and cumin seeds, salt, pepper, and turmeric. Bring to a low simmer over medium heat.
SUPER EASY HOMEMADE SWEETCORN RELISH - LARDER LOVE
2014-07-07 · How to make sweetcorn relish Carefully remove the kernels from the corn ears by standing the corn upright on a damp tea towel (this helps to hold it in place) and running a large sharp …
- Carefully remove the kernels from the corn ears by standing the corn upright on a damp tea towel (this helps to hold it in place) and running a large sharp knife down the sides to remove all those juicy little kernels, turn and cut until you have all the kernels off.
- Toss all the veggies into a heavy based non reactive pan (see my preserves pages for more information) and add the vinegar, sugar and salt.
CORN RELISH RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
2005-03-15 · In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the corn, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, vinegar, celery seed, mustard seed, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil (the pan will contain only a small amount of liquid), then reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let the relish …
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the corn, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, vinegar, celery seed, mustard seed, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil (the pan will contain only a small amount of liquid), then reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Let the relish cool 1 hour before serving. Serve as a condiment with hot dogs and hamburgers, or with grilled steak or chicken. (The relish may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.)
SIMPLE SWEETCORN RELISH RECIPE | KRUMPLI
2019-02-09 · Instructions. Prepare the corn, pepper and onion trying to chop the pepper to roughly the same size as a kernel of sweetcorn. Add all of the remaining ingredients into a large pan with the …
- Prepare the corn, pepper and onion trying to chop the pepper to roughly the same size as a kernel of sweetcorn
HOMEMADE CORN RELISH - AMISH 365
2012-08-17 · Corn relish recipes have appeared in The Amish Cook column at various times over the years, especially when Lovina's Mom was still writing. Corn relish is an old, tried and true staple in Amish kitchens and I think I had tried some before, but I was thrilled to be reacquainted! The corn crop has taken a beating in most areas of the country this year, but in mid-Michigan the dry spell hasn't ...
HOMEMADE SWEET CORN RELISH - CANADIAN BUDGET BINDER
2015-10-04 · (Note it's easy to do this by holding the corn in a large bowl) Add sweet corn kernels into a large saucepan and add remaining ingredients. Bring just to the boil stirring to dissolve the sugar. Once boiled and sugar dissolved turn down and gently simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
SWEET CORN RELISH RECIPE – HOME IN THE FINGER LAKES
2018-12-21 · COMBINE vinegar, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add corn, red and green peppers, celery, onion, mustard, celery seeds and turmeric. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
SWEET CORN RELISH - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
2018-07-31 · Instructions Add the brown sugar, salt, mustard seeds, paprika, black pepper, vinegar, and 8 cups of water to a large pot and whisk to combine. Add the corn, onion, and red bell peppers.
SWEET 'N' SPICY CANNED CORN RELISH - NOSHING WITH THE ...
2020-07-22 · How to Can Corn Relish Fill the hot water bath canner 2/3 full with hot water. Cover, and bring to a rolling boil. Meanwhile, place jars upside down in a tray of water and leaving them in a 225 F oven for at least 10 minutes.
HOW TO COOK SWEET CORN: 5 SIMPLE WAYS | TASTE OF HOME
2020-08-19 · Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Then carefully place ears of shucked corn into the hot water (here’s how to shuck corn). Cover the pot with a lid and let cook until the corn is tender; about 3-5 minutes. Younger, sweet corn will require less cooking time with this method.
SPICY SWEET CORN RELISH | GIRL GONE GOURMET
2009-08-15 · An easy-to-make spicy sweet corn relish made with summer fresh produce and green chiles. Perfect as a dip or spoon it on grilled chicken, burgers, or hot dogs. Perfect as a dip or spoon it on grilled chicken, burgers, or hot dogs.
CORN RELISH III RECIPES
Mix corn, bell pepper, onion and pimientos in medium heatproof glass or plastic bowl. Heat remaining ingredients to boiling in 1-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally. Boil 2 minutes. Pour over corn mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend flavors but no longer than 5 days. Black Bean-Corn Relish: Stir in 1 can (15 ounces) black ...
See details »
CORN RELISH | CANADIAN LIVING
2008-08-18 · Stir in corn, onions and celery; reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until softened, about 20 minutes. Whisk flour with 3 tbsp (45 mL) cold water; whisk into pan. Add red and green peppers; bring to boil and cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Fill hot 1-cup (250 mL) canning jars, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) headspace.
See details »
CORN RELISH - REAL RECIPES FROM MUMS
2019-01-29 · Recipe Corn Relish . Makes 8; 2 hours. Difficulty Easy; 13 Ingredients; Love. By Nikki from MoM. January 29, 2019. 20 Comments . This Corn Relish is perfect for so many occasions; add a spoonful to a Ploughman's Platter, make it a staple ingredient on a ham and cheese toastie, serve it with fresh sandwiches or mix through a tub of light cream cheese to make a tasty dip! Ingredients (makes 8 ...
See details »
CORN RELISH RECIPE FROM SIMPLYCANNING.COM TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!
2021-04-09 · Chop all veggies and combine all ingredients in a large pot. Mix well. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Pack into jar, leaving 1/4” headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rim clean, and place seal and ring. Place jar in the warm canner and proceed to fill all jars.
See details »