An old fashioned recipe that is different from most pickles. Cucumbers and onions are pickled in a mustard sauce made with turmeric and celery seed.
Provided by BJ MOORE
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the sliced cucumbers and onions into a large bowl and sprinkle the salt over the top. Fill the bowl with enough water to cover the cucumbers. Let stand for 8 to 10 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cucumbers and onion with fresh water. Sterilize 4 (1 quart) jars and lids.
- In a 6 quart pot, stir together the sugar and flour. Whisk in the vinegar, turmeric, mustard powder and celery seed to make a smooth paste. Add the cucumbers and onions and fill with enough water to cover. Stir, and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars filling to within 1/2 inch of the top. Seal with lids and rings. Process for 10 minutes in a simmering water bath. Refrigerate any jars that fail to seal properly.
GRAVLAX WITH SWEET MUSTARD AND DILL SAUCE
- To make the curing mix: place the salt, sugar and white pepper into a medium sized bowl. Add the dill and stir to combine.
- Line a large, shallow, rectangular dish, to fit the salmon, with plastic wrap. Sprinkle over a quarter of the curing mixture, spread over the base and top with one of the salmon fillets, skin-side down.
- Sprinkle over half of the cure and top with the other half of the salmon skin-side up.
- Sprinkle over the remaining curing mixture on top of the fillet and wrap up in the plastic wrap.
- Weigh the fish down with some cans or weights on top to remove any excess liquid or moisture.
- Place in fridge, turning the salmon over every 6 hours, for 3-4 days, where possible.
- Before serving the gravlax, rinse the cure off the fish to remove the salt and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle the remaining dill over one side of the salmon and then sandwich the two fillets together again.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill for 6 hours.
- To make the sauce: in a large bowl whisk the mustard and sugar together with the egg yolk.
- Gradually whisk in a steady trickle of oil, making sure the oil is well emulsified. Start to add the oil at a constant pace.
- Add the fresh dill and mix well.
- To serve, cut the gravlax thinly (gravlax is traditionally served thicker than smoked salmon).
- Place 3-4 good slices on a plate along with a spoonful of the sauce.
- Serve with rye bread.
- Combine in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, the mustards, sugar, and vinegar. Add the oil drop by drop until the mixture is thick. Remove sauce to a small bowl. Stir in dill. Refrigerate until ready to use.
DILL-CURED PORK CROSTINI WITH SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE
- Mix salt, 3 tablespoons sugar, and pepper in small bowl to blend. Place each pork tenderloin atop sheet of plastic wrap. Rub garlic all over pork tenderloins. Pat all of salt mixture over pork, coating generously. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup dill, patting to adhere. Wrap pork with plastic. Place in baking dish. Chill 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Scrape off some of dill coating from tenderloins. Pat pork dry with paper towels. Place pork on heavy large baking sheet. Roast until meat thermometer registers 150°F when inserted into center of pork, turning after 15 minutes, about 25 minutes total. Cool pork completely. Cover and chill until cold, at least 6 hours.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vinegar in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Whisk in mustard. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons dill. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until cold. (Pork and sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Cut pork crosswise into very thin slices. Arrange pork atop baguette slices. Spoon some dill sauce atop each. Arrange on platter and serve.
GRAVLAKS WITH SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE
Editor's note: The recipe and introductory text below are reprinted from Andreas Viestad's book Kitchen of Light: New Scandinavian Cooking. _Viestad also shared some helpful tips exclusively with Epicurious, which we've added at the bottom of the page. Traditional gravlaks is made from two whole salmon fillets and flavored only with salt, sugar, dill, and pepper. If the fish is good, there is nothing better. The gravlaks found in American markets is normally very mild, sometimes slightly scented, often with dried dill. Fresh dill has a taste that is discreet and subtle; it flavors the salmon nicely without competing with the fish's own flavors. Some cookbooks suggest freezing the salmon before you prepare it, to get rid of harmful microorganisms; with modern hygienic treatment of fish, this should not be a big issue. If you do freeze it, do it after it has been cured. Some of the proteins that may be damaged when freezing fresh fish will have broken down in the cured fish, so gravlaks can stand up to freezing better than fresh salmon can. The gravlaks will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Gravlaks is normally served as one of many cold dishes in a buffet or smorgasbord. Serve with Sweet Mustard Sauce and scrambled eggs and dark rye bread for open-faced sandwiches, or with pickles and capers.
Provided by Andreas Viestad
Yield Makes 12 main-course or 20 appetizer servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rinse the fillets in cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. Combine the salt and sugar, and rub the flesh side of the fish with the mixture. Place one fillet skin side down in a deep dish just big enough to hold the fillets. Scatter the pepper, fresh dill, and dill seeds over it. Place the other fillet skin side up on top. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place a heavy weight, such as two heavy dishes or a saucepan, on top of the fish. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 days, turning the fish every 12 hours and basting it with the brine that accumulates in the dish.
- To serve, discard the brining liquid and brush off the dill. Slice the fish into thin slices on the diagonal with a sharp thin knife. The flesh from the tail will be leaner than the flesh from the belly. Serve with the mustard sauce.
- Whisk together sour cream, mustard, lemon juice and dill until well blended. Chill before serving.
More about "sweet mustard dill sauce recipes"
SWEET MUSTARD DILL SAUCE- BEST DILL SAUCE FOR SALMON ...
2015-04-19 · This sweet Mustard & Dill Sauce is perfectly sweet, slightly tangy, very dill-y, super easy and extremely versatile. Use it on your salads, veggies, chicken, and it's the best …
EASY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE AND DRESSING RECIPES - SHE ...
2019-01-23 · Man I love me some dill in a sauce or garnish. This Creamy Dill Mustard Dipping Sauce (or spread) showcases the fabulous herb with tangy French’s® Classic Yellow …
DILL HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE - MAKE YOUR IKEA STYLE SAUCE FOR ...
2021-05-31 · So this recipe for dill honey mustard sauce is my (successful) attempt to replicate this delicious sauce. What to serve with this mustard dill sauce. Smoked salmon is obviously the first thing that comes to …
SMOKED SALMON TOASTS WITH MUSTARD DILL SAUCE - MY PARISIAN ...
Very easy to prepare: blinis (or toasted bread), a delicious sweet mustard and fresh herbs sauce that can be served for a simple appetizer or as a festive treat on big occasions, Christmas dinner, New-year Eve…
NORDIC STYLE EASY TO MAKE MUSTARD AND DILL SAUCE ...
2020-11-30 · Sweet and tangy, finished with chopped dill, this well balanced sauce can be used in many different ways. Add to steamed vegetables, boiled potatoes, sliced avocado, salmon, ham or just simply use …
- In a large bowl combine the honey, dijon mustard, lemon juice, white balsamic vinegar, dill and a pinch of salt.
- Slowly drip the olive oil into the bowl and whisk in a circular motion to combine the honey mustard base with the oil.
GRAVAD LAX WITH SWEET MUSTARD AND DILL SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
- Sprinkle a quarter of the curing mixture over the base of the dish and lay one of the salmon fillets on top, skin side down.
- Weigh the salmon down with some weights or cans to help squeeze out any excess liquid or moisture. Place in the fridge for 2-3 days, turning the salmon over every 6 hours or so, replacing the weights after turning.
- After 2-3 days, unwrap the salmon. Rinse the curing mixture off the gravadlax using cold water and pat fish dry with kitchen paper.
- Lay a large piece of cling film on the work surface and place one of the fillets on top, skin side down. Cover with the remaining fresh dill and place the other salmon fillet on top, skin side up.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, place the mustard, sugar, vinegar and egg yolk in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
CREAMY DILL MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE (LOW FAT) - EVERYDAY ...
2021-06-02 · Dill, mustard and honey make a delicious combination and there are several examples in the world of condiments that attest to it. There is the sweet honey dill sauce which is said to originate in …
- Stir until smooth, taste the sauce and adjust the ingredients if needed. Keep refrigerated and use within 4 days. Yields approx. 180 ml of sauce.
HOVMäSTARSåS RECIPE (SWEDISH MUSTARD-DILL SAUCE) | WHATS4EATS
2008-08-05 · A classic accompaniment to gravlax, hovmästarsås, a dill-scented mustard sauce, is an excellent condiment for all kinds of fish and seafood.Hovmästarsås (pronouced "hohv-mestar-sohs") comes together in a snap. Another name for this creamy spread is gravlaxsås.. Makes about 3/4 cup
COPYCAT RECIPE FOR IKEA'S MUSTARD & DILL SAUCE - A PEEK ...
2019-02-08 · Copycat recipe for Ikea’s mustard & dill sauce. Posted by andrea tomkins in: Recipes and Food. Confession: sometimes when I need to pick something up at Ikea I time my visit to coincide with lunch. Last time I was there I tried their new vegetarian hot dog, but usually I order their Swedish Gravadlax. I know it’s always ALL ABOUT THE MEATBALLS at Ikea, but at $5.99 this cold salmon plate ...
SMOKED SALMON AND CUCUMBER WITH A SWEET MUSTARD DILL SAUCE ...
The sauce is a variation on the sweet mustard dill sauce that is served with gravlax cured salmon. Gravlax is delicious, not easily available to buy, and normally expensive, so I make the sauce and serve it with regular imported smoked salmon or Ducktrap smoked salmon from Maine. Not lox salmon. 1 English cucumber (note: remove from plastic wrapping immediately when you get home and keep ...
MUSHROOM MEATLOAF SUPREME WITH SWEET MUSTARD DILL SAUCE ...
2015-01-07 · IKEA Sweet Mustard Dill Sauce OR THIS homemade honey dijon mixed with dill. In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef and turkey (or pork or veal), eggs, Worcestershire sauce, grainy dijon, Mrs. Dash and parsley. Use clean hands to incorporate the ingredients so they are evenly mixed and smooth. Set aside.
‘GRAVLAX’ BAKED SALMON WITH SWEET DILL-MUSTARD SAUCE ...
2021-07-21 · For the sauce, simply mix the mustard, lemon juice and sugar together in a bowl, then whisk in the oil until emulsified. Add the dill and season to taste. Add the dill and season to taste. Lift the salmon onto a platter (it’s fine if the skin gets left behind) and serve with the mustard sauce, and a small glass of akevitt (aquavit) if you wish.
HOMEMADE GRAVLAX WITH HONEY-MUSTARD DILL SAUCE
2018-06-15 · Homemade Gravlax. Step 1 In a small bowl add the black peppercorns, sugar and salt, mix well. Set aside. Step 2 Cut the salmon into two equal pieces. Place skin-side down in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the salmon with the vodka. Step 3 Rub a handful of the sugar-salt mixture onto each piece of salmon.
DILL-CURED PORK CROSTINI WITH SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE - PLAIN ...
Whisk in mustard. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons dill. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until cold. (Pork and sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.) Cut pork crosswise into very thin slices. Arrange pork atop baguette slices. Spoon …
See details »
HOW TO MAKE A HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE | FAMILY CUISINE
2021-08-24 · Use the honey mustard sauce as a dipping sauce for air fryer chicken wings or pretzel bites. You can also thin it out the sauce with a little cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, or lemon juice for a quick salad dressing! Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken is a summertime favorite; This sauce goes well with roasted split chicken breasts or breaded ...
See details »
GRAVLAX AND MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPES
2016-05-16 · For the mustard sauce: Place all the mustard sauce ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Cover and refrigerate. For the gravlax: Place a couple sheet of plastic wrap over one another. Lay one of the salmon fillets onto the plastic wrap, skin-side down. Cover …
See details »
DILL AND MUSTARD SAUCE | COOKING DELICIOUS AT HOME ...
For a sauce recipe you will need: olive oil – 1/4 cup; mustard (sweet, with honey) – 2 tablespoons.. wine vinegar – 1 tablespoon. dill (fresh) – to taste. Sauce Recipe: In a small bowl, beat the olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Stir the sauce well until smooth.. Add finely chopped dill and continue stirring until the vegetables are evenly distributed in the sauce. The mustard and dill ...
See details »
SWEET MUSTARD DILL SAUCE - TWO PURPLE FIGS | MUSTARD DILL ...
Apr 20, 2015 - This sweet Mustard & Dill Sauce is perfectly sweet, slightly tangy, very dill-y, super easy and it's the best Dill Sauce for Salmon! Apr 20, 2015 - This sweet Mustard & Dill Sauce is perfectly sweet, slightly tangy, very dill-y, super easy and it's the best Dill Sauce for Salmon! Pinterest. Today. Explore. When the auto-complete results are available, use the up and down arrows ...
See details »
EASY RECIPE FOR HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE
Easy Low Carb Sweet Mustard Sauce 3 Minute Dip Recipe. 9 hours ago Castleinthemountains.com Get All . Low Carb Sweet Mustard Sauce is the Low Carb eaters answer to honey mustard. Use it on wings, steak, burgers, etc. It takes 3 minutes to make. Estimated Reading Time: 4 mins. 1. Mix together and chill for at least two hours before serving to let flavors meld. 2. Serve with hot wings, steak ...
See details »
CUCUMBER, SMOKED SALMON AND SWEET MUSTARD DILL SAUCE ...
2019-02-26 · The sauce is a variation on the sweet mustard dill sauce that is served with gravlax cured salmon. Gravlax is delicious, not easily available to buy, and normally expensive, so I make the sauce and serve it with regular imported smoked salmon from Costco …
See details »
DILL MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
This tangy mustard-dill sauce recipe is delicious served with smoked salmon, used as a vegetable dip or spread on a sandwich. Combine mustard, honey and vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in oil and stir in dill. Refrigerate until ready to use. 40 calories; carbohydrates 2.2g; sugars 2.2g; fat 3.5g ...
See details »
SWEET KETO DILL MUSTARD SAUCE | LOW-CARB, SO SIMPLE!
2020-06-21 · Combine the mustard, syrup, and the vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add gradually the oil, all the time vigorously whisking until the consistency is a thick sauce. Add the dill and stir until well combined. Cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavors mingle.
See details »