SPICY SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Stir together olive oil, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Brush the sweet potato slices with the maple mixture and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, then turn the potato slices over, brush with any remaining maple mixture, and continue baking until tender in the middle, and crispy on the edges, about 7 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.6 calories, Carbohydrate 50.2 g, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 6.8 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 125.6 mg, Sugar 13.5 g
SWEET POTATO CHIPS
My husband never cared for sweet potatoes until he married me. I tell him it must be my cooking! He can't resist dipping into a bowl of these crunchy chips. They're a nice change from regular potato chips.-Janelle Lee, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Soak potatoes in 2-qt. of ice water for 1 hour; drain and pat dry., In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry potatoes, seven or eight slices at a time, 1-2 minutes or until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136 calories, Fat 9g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 6mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
BAKED SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cut sweet potatoes into very thin slices. In large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Place potatoes in single layer on 2 ungreased cookie sheets (slices can touch but not overlap).
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, rotating cookie sheets once, until edges are crisp but potatoes are still soft in the center. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooking parchment paper. Cool completely (chips will become crisp as they cool).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 330 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE BY TASTY
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potato into ⅛-inch to ¼-inch (3- to 6-mm) slices. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with olive oil until fully coated. Add the seasonings and toss to coat. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet without overlapping the potatoes.
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden brown. Let the slices cool to room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710 calories, Carbohydrate 55 grams, Fat 54 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 4 grams, Sugar 17 grams
BAKED HOMEMADE SWEET POTATO CHIPS
Served best warm and right out of the oven, sweet potato chips are a simple, wholesome snack your kids will love. Baking on aluminum foil ensures your chips won't get stuck to the baking sheet-and clean up will be fast and easy!
Provided by Reynolds Kitchens(R)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line two 10x15-inch baking sheets with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil.
- Divide sliced sweet potatoes among baking sheets ensuring potatoes are not stacked.
- Brush both sides of sliced sweet potatoes with olive oil.
- Bake 13-14 minutes until edges are brown. Remove chips with crispy brown edges and continue baking other chips, checking constantly and removing as edges brown.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve in basket. Add fun flavorings your family loves, like BBQ spice rub or Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129.2 calories, Carbohydrate 23.1 g, Fat 3.5 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 1251.8 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
BAKED SWEET-POTATO CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with racks in center and lower positions. Divide sweet potatoes between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with oil, toss, and spread them in a single layer on sheets. Bake, flipping once, until centers are soft and edges are crisp, 22 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with salt, and serve with lime wedges.
BAKED SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. On 2 baking sheets, toss sweet potato with oil and season with cumin, paprika, and salt. Arrange in single layers and bake, flipping halfway, until crisp and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 158 g
SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato chips with oil and soy sauce. Transfer to a shallow roasting tin and season with black pepper and nutmeg, if you like. Bake for 30-40 mins, until crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 38 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 2 milligram of sodium
SWEET POTATO CHIPS
If you deep-fry properly - allowing the oil to reach 360 to 375 degrees, letting it return to high temperature between batched, and not crowding the pan with items - your food will not absorb much of the oil. I find it easiest to make these addictive chips in a wok or a deep-fryer. The contrast of toasty and sweet flavors is delightful. I use a Japanese slicer to get uniform, paper-thin slices. Seek out organic oils.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, appetizer
Yield Serves six
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Prepare the sweet potatoes while you heat the oil in a wok, deep-fryer or deep frying pan to 360 to 375 degrees. Use a deep-fry thermometer to measure the temperature. Cook a handful of sweet potato slices at a time. They are ready as soon as the edges curl and brown, which should take no more than a minute and probably will take much less. Do not crowd the pan.
- Using a deep-fry skimmer, remove from the oil and drain on paper towels on a rack. Allow the oil to come back up to 360 to 375 degrees between batches. Season with salt if desired and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1189, UnsaturatedFat 116 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 127 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 42 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 1 gram
More about "sweet potato chips recipes"
BAKED SWEET POTATO CHIPS - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
Ratings 12Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 309 per serving
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and use a mandolin slicer to cut the sweet potatoes into paper-thin rounds. (I set mine to the thinnest setting.)
BAKED SWEET POTATO CHIPS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
Ratings 86Calories 248 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Rinse and dry your sweet potatoes thoroughly and slice them as uniformly thin as possible (~1/8 inch thick slices). If you have a mandolin, use it. Otherwise, use a very sharp knife to get these uniformly thin. Know that chips that are too thick in parts won't crisp up all the way. Still delicious, just not "chip" crispiness.
- Toss slices in a touch of olive oil to lightly coat, then sprinkle with salt. Lay out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 2 hours, flipping chips once at halfway point to ensure even cooking. I also rotated mine for more even cooking (optional but recommended). Note: thickness of slices will impact cooking time. Check at ~15 minute intervals during the second hour of cooking to ensure they aren't burning.
- Remove once crisp and golden brown. Some may feel a little tender in the middle but take them out and let them rest for 10 minutes or so to crisp up before sampling. Serve immediately.
MAKE HOMEMADE SWEET POTATO CHIPS | HEALTHY POTATO RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 128 per serving
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/8 inch thick slices. Divide the slices between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with oil, toss and spread them in a single layer on the sheets. Bake, flipping once, until the centers are soft and the edges are crisp, 22-25 minutes. Sprinkle with salt before serving.
BEST BAKED SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SWEET ...
3/5 (1)Category Gluten-Free, Snack
SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE (VIDEO) - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
Ratings 24Calories 144 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Cut 3/4 pound sweet potatoes into thin slices. (we did 1/4 inch, but i think even thinner would be better)
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and dash of seasoning salt in a bowl.
SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Side
SWEET POTATO OVEN CHIPS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 2Category Side Dishes
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO FRIES | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
BEST BAKED SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - A FOODIE STAYS FIT
Estimated Reading Time 7 minsCalories 124 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- Place the sweet potato slices in a bowl and drizzle the olive oil on top. Toss to combine so the slices are evenly coated in oil. Add salt and toss again
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes on the parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Try not to let the slices touch or overlap.
CRUNCHY BAKED SWEET POTATO CHIPS - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
4.1/5 (53)Total Time 30 minsCategory SnackCalories 3 per serving
BAKED SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
4.9/5 (62)Calories 152 per servingCategory Snack
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Use a mandolin slicer to cut the sweet potatoes into paper-thin rounds. (I set mine to the thinnest setting.) You can use a knife to do this, but it takes much longer.
- Pile all the sweet potato rounds into a large bowl and pour the olive oil over the top. Gently toss to coat every piece with oil. Then lay the sweet potato rounds out on the baking sheets in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the chips lightly with Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets. Then move the chips to a bowl, or plastic bag to store. If you happen to find a few chips with soft centers, pop them back in the oven for about 5 minutes.
SIMPLE, HOMEMADE SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE
3.4/5 (44)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 292 per serving
SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | FOOD NETWORK
Servings 4Category AppetizerAuthor Giada De LaurentiisDifficulty Easy
SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPES – EAT WITH YOUR EYES
Servings 10Calories 755 per servingTotal Time 50 mins
SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 6-8Total Time 40 mins
96 SWEET POTATO CHIPS IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
BAKED SWEET POTATO CHIPS FROM "PRIYA'S VERSATILE RECIPES ...
SWEET POTATO CHIPS
HOMEMADE SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #yams-sweet-potatoes #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #lunch #snacks #potatoes #vegetables #easy #low-fat #dietary #copycat #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #novelty
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make baked sweet potato chips?Our baked sweet potato chips are a delicious alternative to fried fare and can be ready in 30 minutes. Heat oven to 400°F. Cut sweet potatoes into very thin slices. In large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper.
What is the best way to cook sweet potatoes?Peel and slice the sweet potatoes in thin slices. Toss with extra virgin olive oil and spices. Roast in a preheated 400 F oven for about 20 minutes, turning once. For tips on making the best sweet potato chips, check the tips in the recipe card.
What makes homemade sweet potato chips so good?Homemade sweet potato chips are so good – made with only a handful of ingredients – sweet potatoes, olive oil, and spices. You can serve them with your favorite homemade dipping sauce.
How to make sweet potato dip in the oven?Directions 1 Preheat oven to 350°. Place two wire racks on two large rimmed baking sheets. ... 2 In a separate large bowl, whisk together spices and cornstarch. ... 3 Place sweet potatoes on wire racks in a single layer. ... 4 While the sweet potatoes cool, make dip: Fold green onions into sour cream and serve with sweet potato chips.