SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS
Provided by Martina McBride
Yield 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put 1/4 cup red enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic, onions and jalapeño and cook until the onions become translucent and the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, black beans, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place a generous 1/3 cup filling in the center of each tortilla, roll up and place in the baking dish seam-side down.
- Top with the remaining 3/4 cup enchilada sauce and the cheese. Bake, covered with foil, until the enchiladas are hot and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Top with more cilantro and serve with sour cream if desired.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add the oil and saute the garlic until it is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, chile powder, cumin, chipotle chiles and some salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, for 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
BLACK BEAN & SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS
Yummy! Adapted from "Vegan Planet," this recipe is something my non-vegetarian hubby requests regularly. Roasting the sweet potatoes is absolutely the key to this recipe - I've cooked them other ways before and it turns out much less flavorful. It looks like a lot of ingredients, but it goes together quickly and makes great left overs too! In the future, I plan to try substituting homemade enchilada sauce for the salsa and more tomatoes. **Update: as some of the reviewers have noted, the cayenne pepper makes this a pretty spicy number! You may want to add less if you don't like the heat.
Provided by Veggie_Girl
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 10 enchiladas, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 400°F Arrange diced sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and black pepper (to taste). Roast for approximately 30-40 minutes or until tender. When potatoes are finished, reduce heat to 350°F.
- While the potatoes are roasting, heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, chilies, yellow onion, and green pepper until it begins to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add cumin and cayenne; cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, and chili powder to the skillet. Simmer over low heat until the sweet potatoes have finished, allowing the mixture to cook down a bit. Once the sweet potatoes are out of the oven, add them to the black bean mixture and allow them to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish and spread a thin layer of salsa on the bottom.
- Place a tortilla onto a flat work surface. Spoon a portion of the sweet potato/black bean mixture down the center; roll up the tortilla and place into baking dish. Continue until all tortillas are filled.
- Spoon any remaining sweet potato/black bean mixture on top of the tortillas. Top with remaining salsa, cheese, and minced red onion. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS
A twist on the traditional, using sweet potatoes. Easy and filling and liked even by those that don't normally eat sweet potatoes. The flavor will surprise you! Garnish with sour cream and salsa if you like.
Provided by SOLLAMI
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Latin American Mexican
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat, and boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes. Cool and peel the sweet potatoes.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl, and mash them with the cream cheese, green onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, and fry the tortillas, one at a time, for about 30 seconds per side. Remove the tortillas with tongs, and drain on paper towels.
- Place about 1/3 cup of sweet potato filling down the center of each tortilla, roll it up, and place filled tortillas seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas, and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the enchiladas are bubbling and the cheese is beginning to brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 639.8 calories, Carbohydrate 75.6 g, Cholesterol 74.3 mg, Fat 30.1 g, Fiber 10.9 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 16.2 g, Sodium 832.5 mg, Sugar 15.1 g
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADA STACK
These sweet potato stacks have a spicy kick the whole family will love. Mexican flavors abound in this awesome enchilada stack jam-packed with black beans and sweet potato. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sweet potato and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until potato is almost tender., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin and sweet potato; heat through., Place a flour tortilla in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; layer with a third of the beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 457 calories, Fat 22g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 804mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
SMOKY SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS
My hearty, delicious, nutrient-packed vegetarian dish is amazingly healthy. Everyone I've made it for has loved it-even carnivores! I always make two batches and freeze one. You'll want to eat this every week! -Elizabeth Lindemann, Salem, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, place a steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place sweet potato, onion and red pepper in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, until tender, 15-20 minutes., Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Mash vegetables, gradually adding cilantro, spices and pepper to reach desired consistency. Stir in black beans., Spread 1/3 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place 1/3 cup vegetable mixture in center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 4 teaspoons cheese. Roll up and place in prepared dish, seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese., Bake, uncovered, until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes. If desired, serve with optional toppings., Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked enchiladas. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Cover casserole with foil; bake until casserole is heated through, sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, 30-35 minutes. Serve as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 843mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
More about "sweet potato enchiladas recipes"
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
Total Time 50 mins
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . In a large saucepan, heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, brown sugar, chipotle and adobo sauce. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add the beans, sweet potatoes and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- In the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, spread 1 1/3 cups enchilada sauce. Dredge both sides of the tortillas in the sauce. Divide the filling among the tortillas, roll up and arrange in the dish, seam side down. Top with the remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake the enchiladas until warmed through, about 10 minutes, then broil until the top is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS - DAMN DELICIOUS
4/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
THE BEST VEGAN ENCHILADAS | JESSICA IN THE KITCHEN
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
5-INGREDIENT SWEET POTATO ENCHILADA CASSEROLE | KITCHN
BLACK BEAN SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS - COOKIE AND KATE
4.9/5 (463)Calories 550 per servingCategory Entree
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and coat the flat sides lightly with olive oil. Place the sweet potatoes flat-side down on the baking sheet. Bake until they’re tender and cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Leave the oven on, since we’ll bake the assembled enchiladas soon (no temperature adjustments necessary).
- Meanwhile, pour enough salsa verde into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish to lightly cover the bottom (about 1/2 cup). In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the remaining filling ingredients.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked through and cool enough to handle, scoop out the insides with a spoon. Discard the potato skins, and lightly mash the sweet potatoes with a fork or the back of a spoon.
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - FLAVOR THE MOMENTS
SWEET POTATO WRAPPED BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS - CENTER FOR NUTRITION STUDIES
SWEET POTATO, SQUASH, AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - BAD MANNERS
4-INGREDIENT SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS - MOM'S KITCHEN …
CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS RECIPE - VIDEO!!
THE BEST VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS (SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN)
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - VEGAN CASSEROLE RECIPE
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS - LIGHT AND DELICIOUS ~ MACHEESEMO
GREEN CHILE SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS FROM THE FITCHEN
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADA CASSEROLE - AMY IN THE KITCHEN
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS – A COUPLE COOKS
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS | WEELICIOUS
CHORIZO AND SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS - BUDGET BYTES
ROASTED SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
WIN DINNER WITH THESE SLOW COOKER SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS
EASY SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS - MEXICAN RECIPES - OLD EL PASO
STACKED SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS WITH BLACK BEANS - VEGETARIAN TIMES
BEST SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS RECIPES | FOOD …
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS RECIPE | PBS FOOD
ONE-SKILLET SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS — THE HEAPING HARVEST
SWEET POTATO AND PEPPER ENCHILADAS | MEXICAN RECIPES | TESCO …
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS - BUDGET BYTES
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS (VEGETARIAN!) - AVERIE COOKS
SWEET POTATO AND MIXED BEAN ENCHILADAS — LILLIE FARROW
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS (BLACK BEAN AND SWEET POTATO) - THE RECIPE …
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
SWEET POTATO ENCHILADA RECIPE WITH BROCCOLI AND VEGAN QUESO …
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS (VEGETARIAN) - THE BUSY BAKER
HEALTHY CHICKEN AND SPINACH ENCHILADAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
FETA CHEESE & SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS - HAPPY VEGGIE KITCHEN
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - COZY PEACH KITCHEN
25-MINUTE SWEET POTATO & BEAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - EATINGWELL
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love