- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth.
- Using a fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. (The dough will be sticky in places, and there may not seem to be enough liquid at first, but as you press, the dough will come together.)
- Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7- to 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp. of sugar. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles; place on a cookie sheet (preferably lined with parchment paper), about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.6 calories, Carbohydrate 41.1 g, Cholesterol 60.1 mg, Fat 15.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 249.3 mg, Sugar 14.6 g
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter. Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397.3 calories, Carbohydrate 50.6 g, Cholesterol 71.4 mg, Fat 18.9 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 11.6 g, Sodium 594.9 mg, Sugar 14.1 g
"I've made these tender heart-shaped scones many times for my family and for special occasions," writes Debbie Graham from Creston, British Columbia. "They are especially pretty when split and filled with colorful jam."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 scones.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll to 2/3-in. thickness; cut with a 3-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire rack. Split scones in half. Spread bottom halves with jam; replace the tops. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343 calories, Fat 13g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 464mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
SIMPLE SWEET SCONES
This is a simple perfectly delicious recipe my mom used to make for our family. It origioually came from a biscuits and scones recipe book, this one was always my favorite of all the recipes.
Provided by prettyinpink
Yield 12-16 scones
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 425°F (220 Celsius).
- Put flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; stir mix well Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers, until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Add sugar; toss to mix.
- Add milk and stir with a wooden spoon until dough forms,(the dough may be a bit crumbly).
- Place dough on floured counter and knead gently until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Pat or roll into a circle about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- cut each circle into 6 or 8 wedges.
- place wedges on a greased cookie sheet- slightly apart for crisp sides, touching for soft.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until medium brown on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.1, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 22.2, Sodium 195.9, Carbohydrate 24.9, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 4.2, Protein 3.2
More about "sweetheart scones recipes"
EASY SCONES RECIPE [LIGHT & FLUFFY] | A FOOD LOVER'S KITCHEN
4.1/5 (30)Category BreakfastCuisine EnglishTotal Time 25 mins
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Add the cold cubed butter to the mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter, incorporate the butter into the flour until it is in small crumbs.
- Whisk the sugar, milk, and egg in a separate bowl. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix gently, just until a soft dough forms. Do not over mix.
MASTER SCONES RECIPE (ANY FLAVOR!) | SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
Servings 8Total Time 1 hrCategory Breakfast
- Whisk flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Grate the frozen butter using a box grater. Add it to the flour mixture and combine with a pastry cutter, two forks, or your fingers until the mixture comes together in pea-sized crumbs. See video above for a closer look at the texture. Place in the refrigerator or freezer as you mix the wet ingredients together.
- Whisk 1/2 cup heavy cream, the egg, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the flour mixture, add the add-ins, then mix together until everything appears moistened.
- Pour onto the counter and, with floured hands, work dough into a ball as best you can. Dough will be sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour. If it seems too dry, add 1-2 more Tablespoons heavy cream. Press into an 8-inch disc and, with a sharp knife or bench scraper, cut into 8 wedges. For smaller scones, press dough into two 5-inch discs and cut each into 8 wedges. To make 10-12 drop scones: Keep mixing dough in the bowl until it comes together. Drop scones, about 1/4 cup of dough each, 3 inches apart on a lined baking sheet.
- Brush scones with remaining heavy cream and for extra crunch, sprinkle with coarse sugar. (You can do this before or after refrigerating in the next step.)
SCONES | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (51)Category BakingCuisine Australian, EnglishTotal Time 22 mins
- Pour milk all over the flour (don't pour in one place). Blitz for 6 to 8 seconds on high until the crumbs turn into ball(s).
HEART-SHAPED SWEETHEART SCONES | ENCHARTED COOK
5/5 (3)Category Breakfast, BrunchCuisine AmericanTotal Time 39 mins See details »
OUR 8 BEST SCONE RECIPES, FROM SWEET TO SAVOURY | CHATELAINE
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs See details »
BEST SCONE RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
See details »
15 BEST SCONE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Blueberry Scones. Moist, tangy, sweet blueberry scones are a popular tea room treat. Add lemon zest to the batter to make the flavor of blueberries sing.
- Buttermilk Scones. Cream-brushed buttermilk scones have a tangy flavor that practically begs you to top them with sweet fruit preserves or lemon curd. They also make an excellent base for miniature strawberry shortcakes.
- Easy British Scone Recipe. These are the classic tea time scones enjoyed in British living rooms that taste wonderful with some butter and raspberry or strawberry jam.
- Lavender Scones. Fragrant lavender scones make an excellent bridal or baby shower treat or an elegant addition to an afternoon tea for invited guests, with lavender sprigs decorating the serving platter.
- Cheese Scones. Cheese scones are a favorite savory snack in Britain. They make a great mid-day pick-me-up, or even a light lunch when you're running between obligations.
- Vegan Berry Scones. For those following a vegan diet, these dairy-free scones are a delicious option. The secret ingredient is virgin coconut oil, which imparts the desired, light, crumbly texture you crave in scones, along with a subtle coconut-vanilla taste.
- Pumpkin Ginger Scones with Sweet Tahini Glaze. Pumpkin ginger scones slathered with a sweet, sticky, sesame-flavored glaze, are an indulgent, autumnal twist on the traditional recipe.
- Strawberry Scones. Sweet tender strawberry scones with a nutty almond flavor are an elegant idea for Mother's Day brunch and other special occasions. Prepare them just before serving with this quick 30-minute recipe.
- Glazed Lemon Cream Scones. Lemon scones make a delicious breakfast treat, but they are equally wonderful for dessert after dinner, especially when topped with tangy lemon curd.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Scones. Chocolate chip cookie lovers, these scones are made for you! Use vegan margarine, egg replacer, and soy milk for yummy, cookie-like scones that are entirely vegan-friendly if you use dairy-free chocolate chips.
ENGLISH SCONES WITH SWEET WHIPPED BUTTER ~SWEET & SAVORY
4.6/5 (5)Total Time 25 mins
- To make the scones, preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, or silicone mat.
- Add butter and mix until nice and smooth. (Tip: Thoroughly coating the flour with butter minimizes the formation of gluten creating tender and light scones.)
BEST-EVER SCONES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (45)Total Time 33 minsServings 8
- Preheat oven to 450°. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly and mixture resembles small peas. Freeze 5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto wax paper; gently press or pat dough into a 7-inch round (mixture will be crumbly). Cut round into 8 wedges. Place wedges 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops of wedges with remaining 2 Tbsp. cream just until moistened.
EASY HOMEMADE SCONES (ANY FLAVOR) - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
5/5 (28)Category Breakfast, Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins See details »
90 SWEET SCONES IDEAS | SCONES, SCONE RECIPE, FOOD
90 pins1.8K followers See details »
SCONES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine BritishCategory Cakes And BakingServings 10 See details »
SWEET AND SAVORY SCONES RECIPE - VEGAN FOOD EXPERT
Cuisine CanadianCategory Baked Good, Bread, Scone, Side Dish See details »
SIMPLE SWEET SCONES RECIPE - KITCHEN RECIPES COOK EAT
Cuisine BritishCategory Afternoon TeaServings 6Total Time 27 mins See details »
SWEET POTATO SCONES IN THE MICROWAVE - RECIPES - ABC RADIO
Cuisine AustralianCategory Snack See details »
KETO SCONES WITH ALMOND FLOUR RECIPE | MY KETO KITCHEN
See details »
SWEETHEART SCONES RECIPE | RECIPES, SCONE RECIPE, SCONES
See details »
13 BEST SCONE RECIPES AND HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT SCONES
See details »
18 BEST SWEET SCONES RECIPE IDEAS | SCONE RECIPE, SCONES ...
See details »
22 SCONE RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND BEYOND | TASTE ...
See details »
SWEETHEART SCONES RECIPE
See details »
SWEET COFFEE HOUSE SCONES- TFRECIPES
See details »
SCONE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
See details »
You'll also love