GROUND BEEF TACO FILLING
I have a recipe posted for taco seasoning and it's my go-to recipe anytime I need a package of taco seasoning mix - tastes so much better than the packaged stuff. For the last several years, I've written down the following recipe for every bridal shower I've attended where I was asked to bring a recipe. I finally decided that I should post it here. Serve with your favorite taco topping or as a salad or nachos. This recipe may also be used with ground turkey.
Provided by LARavenscroft
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Coat a large skillet with spray oil.
- Add ground beef to skillet along with garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until browned - about 10 minutes.
- Add dried onion, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, cinnamon and red pepper and stir well.
- Add tomato paste and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmering until the liquid is reduced - about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
Fold this Mexican-style mixture into corn tortillas for our Beef Tacos, or try it in our Classic Taco Salad, on top of sweet potatoes, or as a hearty addition to stews.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 6 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, and coriander; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add beef; cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated, 15 to 20 minutes. Season generously with salt.
MICHAEL'S TACOS WITH CHICKEN TACO FILLING
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and pour in enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and onions and cook until soft and nicely caramelized, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and toss to coat. Heat another large saute pan over medium-high heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook the chicken until it is lightly browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Once the onion mixture is caramelized and softened, add the serranos, paprikas, cumin, and oregano. When the chicken is done, transfer it to the pan with the onions. Pour in the broth or water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and delicious, approximately 20 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To serve the tacos: Put the toppings and chicken filling in bowls and allow guests to build their own tacos.
SHREDDED PORK TACO FILLING
This amalgamation of recipes produces a very mild shredded pork taco filling: tasty, but not as intensely Mexican as one might prefer. I suggest using this as a basis and adapting to suit with the addition of various peppers, sauces, spices, etc. The true beauty of this recipe is that it can be made in a pressure cooker in about an hour. Serve in corn or flour tortillas.
Provided by AKrause
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the garlic powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Thoroughly rub the spice mixture over the pork.
- Place the roast in a pressure cooker with the beef broth, bay leaves, and onion over medium-high heat. Seal the cooker, and bring to full pressure; reduce the heat to maintain high pressure, and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat and allow the pressure to drop naturally. Transfer the pork to a serving bowl and shred the meat with forks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.8 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Cholesterol 104.3 mg, Fat 25.5 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 29.3 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 606.7 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
- Mix beef and seasonings in a frying pan.
- Cover and cook at a low simmer for 12 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix tomato juice, Accent and flour, and add to meat mixture.
- Cook for 10 minutes more, then remove from heat.
- Carefully spoon meat mixture unto shells, top with lettuce, tomatoes, taco sauce, and cheese.
CHICKEN TACO FILLING
- Mix chicken broth and taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and pour chicken broth mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred chicken to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.8 calories, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 58.5 mg, Fat 2.3 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 694.7 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
More about "taco filling recipes"
BEST GROUND BEEF TACO FILLING — LET'S DISH RECIPES
4.5/5 (119)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 261 per serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef with onion, garlic and jalapeno, breaking the meat into small pieces, until beef is cooked through, 6-8 minutes; drain grease if needed.
- Stir in all of the spices, along with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for an additional minute or two.
- Stir in the tomato sauce. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Reseason with salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
8 DELICIOUS TACO FILLINGS IDEAS TO ROCK TACO NIGHT!
Reviews 4Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
10 BEST MEXICAN TACO FILLINGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
TACO FILLING | EPICURE.COM
EASY TACO FILLING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
TACO FILLING RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
THE BEST TOFU TACO FILLING RECIPES WE CAN FIND - APRON STRINGS BLOG
HEALTHY VEGAN TACO FILLING - VEGANOSITY
TACO FILLINGS - 30 DELICIOUS TOPPINGS FOR TACOS | CHEAPISM.COM
20+ HEALTHY TACOS IN 30 MINUTES - EATINGWELL
TOP 20 MOST POPULAR TACO TOPPINGS: RECIPES, STYLES & FILLINGS
25 RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE WITH A POUND OF TACO MEAT
TACOS - OLD EL PASO
25 TACO TOPPINGS FOR YOUR NEXT TACO BAR RECIPE - LOVE …
10 BEST MEXICAN TACO FILLINGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
TVP TACO FILLING RECIPE - READY IN 15 MINUTES! – ACACIA HEALTH ...
TACO FILLINGS: 4 FISH, MEAT, & VEGAN OPTIONS - UNO CASA
WORLD'S BEST TACO FILLING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
THE BEST HOMEMADE TACOS - THE WHOLESOME DISH
50 TACOS : RECIPES AND COOKING : FOOD NETWORK | RECIPES, …
22 TACO TOPPINGS TO ROCK YOUR TACO BAR - INSANELY GOOD
TACO FILLING OAMC RECIPES
10 BEST VEGETARIAN TACO FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
TACO RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY BEEF TACO RECIPE | JAMIE MAGAZINE TACO RECIPES
BAKED BEEF TACOS | RECIPETIN EATS
TACO FILLING IDEAS BEST RECIPES
BEEF TACO RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
30 BEST LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES | EVERYDAY FAMILY COOKING
BEST GROUND BEEF TACO RECIPE - HOUSE OF YUMM
THE BEST TACO FILLING - MRS HAPPY HOMEMAKER
MAKE DELICIOUS TACO MEAT AND FILLING - AN AMAZINGLY SIMPLE …
9 HOMEMADE TACO FILLINGS AND TOPPINGS - CHATELAINE
SLOW COOKER TACO FILLING - POCKET CHANGE GOURMET
TACO FILLING IDEAS - THE ORGANISED HOUSEWIFE
QUICK CHICKEN TACOS (WITH SAUCE!) | RECIPETIN EATS
CRAVE-WORTHY GROUND PORK TACOS - INSPIRED TASTE
BETTER-THAN-TACO BELL MEXICAN PIZZA | ALLRECIPES
MEXICAN GROUND BEEF TACO FILLING - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
BLACK BEAN TACO FILLING (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE)
TACO FILLING (SECRET RECIPE) - JOYFUL MOMMA'S KITCHEN
#time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #mexican #easy #beginner-cook #dietary #spicy #taste-mood #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the best ground beef taco filling?Best Ground Beef Taco Filling. 1 2 pounds ground beef. 2 1 small onion, diced. 3 3-4 cloves garlic minced. 4 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced. 5 2 tablespoons chili powder. 6 2 teaspoons ground cumin. 7 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander. 8 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano. 9 1/2 teaspoon onion salt. 10 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
What are the ingredients in the taco filling?Taco Filling Open Source Food salt, cumin, ground beef, chili powder, onion, fat, garlic Tempeh and Walnut Soft Taco Filling StephanePrudhomme onion, avocado, Sriracha sauce, tomato sauce, walnut pieces, chili powder and 7 more
Can You Make your own fillings for a Taco Party?Guests get to choose their own fillings and toppings at a great taco party. Make as few or as many as you wish (and if one or two come out of jars, we won't tell!). Click ahead for our homemade salsas, sauces, pickles and more!
What is the best thing to put in tacos?– Karol Try these top-rated beef, pork, fish, and chicken tacos. Easy taco lettuce wraps. Quick taco filling with shredded chicken simmered in a spiced tomato sauce. Flavorful seasoned ground turkey that's great in tacos or baked potatoes. Beer-battered fish tacos served in corn tortillas with zesty white sauce.