SPICY SPAGHETTI WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND HERBS
Except perhaps for the fresh herbs, you probably have all the necessary ingredients to make this incredibly flavorful, easy pasta. The caramelized onions add sweetness to the salty olives and Parmesan, while red chile and garlic make the dish's flavors pungent and deep. A squeeze of fresh lemon right at the end brightens everything, adding a mild tang. Feel free to play around with the basic formula, swapping capers or even a small tin of sardines or tuna for olives, vinegar for the lemon, arugula or spinach for the parsley, and other cheeses (feta or pecorino) for the Parmesan.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, weekday, pastas, main course
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put a large pot of heavily salted water on and let it come to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cook the onions: Heat 1/4 cup oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and pale golden at the edges, 20 to 25 minutes. Lower heat if the edges start to brown too quickly or raise heat if onions aren't turning golden quickly enough.
- When the water comes to a boil, cook spaghetti according to package directions until just al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
- Thinly slice 4 garlic cloves, and stir into golden onions, along with red-pepper flakes. Continue to cook until onions are a rich brown, about 10 minutes longer. If the garlic starts to burn, lower the heat.
- Finely grate remaining garlic cloves, and mash into anchovies using the flat side of your knife. Move some of the onion mixture to the side of the pan and add anchovy paste to bare spot in the skillet. Cook paste for 1 minute, then add herbs and olives, stir everything together, and cook another 1 minute.
- Stir in cooked pasta, butter, and salt to taste, tossing to coat pasta. Add pasta water if it looks dry. Serve with a generous squeeze of lemon, and sprinkle with Parmesan and more chile on top, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 536, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 73 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 479 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
Do you have an old pasta machine getting dusty in your pantry? Now is the time to use it! Use this recipe to make homemade tagliatelle, or try thinner, more delicate tagliolini. Cut into thicker strands for pappardelle. All it takes is a fun afternoon in the kitchen!
Provided by Alemarsi
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Place flour on a marble or wooden work surface. Make a well in the center and crack in eggs; add salt. Gently beat eggs using a fork, incorporating the surrounding flour, until mixture is runny. Pull remaining flour into the center using a bench scraper, incorporating it until dough forms a ball.
- Knead dough with your hands by flattening the ball, stretching it, and folding the top towards the center. Turn 45 degrees and repeat until dough is soft and smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions. Flatten the first portion and pass through the thickest setting of the pasta machine. Dust with more flour, fold in half like a book and repeat 3 to 4 times, flouring, folding, and passing through the thickest setting,until the dough is smooth in texture, even in size, and no longer sticky.
- Move the pasta machine to a middle setting and pass each sheet through once. Move to the next-to-last setting and pass through once. Cut in half. Repeat with remaining 2 portions.
- Add the tagliatelle attachment to the pasta machine and pass each piece through. Roll the machine handle with one hand and collect the pasta with the other.
- Gently toss pasta with some more flour. Air dry for 30 minutes.
- Cook tagliatelle in plenty of salted, boiling water until tender yet firm to the bite, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.3 calories, Carbohydrate 49.2 g, Cholesterol 139.5 mg, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 12.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 92.6 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
TAGLIATELLE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND FRESH HERBS
Another one from "The Splendid Table". Great for summer so you can use thoes sweet onions and fresh herbs from your garden. Use any herbs you like. Some suggestions are basil, marjoram, rosemary, sage and thyme or a combination of them.
Provided by Ilysse
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir to coat with the oil.
- Cover and cook on low heat 25 to 30 minutes or until soft and transparent.
- Uncover the pan and raise heat to medium high and cook, stirring often, until the onions become a rich golden brown.
- Add garlic and cook for a few minutes longer careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the stock and simmer and scrape the bottom of the pan until reduced by about a quarter.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions until al dente and drain.
- Add the cream to the sauce and let come to a slow simmer while stirring it inches
- Add the prosciutto, salt and pepper and the herbs to the sauce and toss with the pasta.
- Toss in the cheese.
- Serve with extra cheese at the table if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 817.6, Fat 34.7, SaturatedFat 14.5, Cholesterol 162.4, Sodium 399, Carbohydrate 101.8, Fiber 5.9, Sugar 10.1, Protein 25.8
CARAMELIZED ONIONS TARTLETS
- In a saute pan heat oil. Add onions and cook on medium heat, stirring often, until onions are golden brown (15 minutes). Let onion cool.
- In a bowl combine, yogurt, parmesan cheese and herbs mix well. Add cooled onions.
- Spoon 1 healthy teaspoon per phyllo cup and bake tartlets 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 12.5 calories, Carbohydrate 1.6 g, Cholesterol 0.8 mg, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 9.2 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
BRUSCHETTA WITH CARAMELIZED ONION AND FRESH BASIL
I might as well jump on the Bruschetta Bandwagon! Experiment using local onions in your area! Also, try other similar hard cheeses in place of the Parmesan: asiago, fontina, pecorino romano, etc. From the cookinglight.com website with some changes.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 1 baguette loaf
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven on BROIL.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sugar; cook 15-20 minutes or until very soft and golden brown; stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Cool mixture slightly then stir in the fresh basil.
- Cut baguette into 1/2" slices. Place bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Broil the bread for 2 minutes or until toasted. Watch oven carefully!
- Divide and spread caramelized onion mixture over each bread slice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and season with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Return to oven and broil for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Garnish each slice with 1 or 2 fresh basil leaves if desired.
More about "tagliatelle with caramelized onions and fresh herbs recipes"
HOMEMADE TAGLIATELLE RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
HOMEMADE TAGLIATELLE WITH CARAMELIZED TROPEA ONIONS
CARAMELIZED ONION, POLENTA, AND FRESH HERB LOAF
TAGLIATELLE RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
TAGLIATELLE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS, PROSCIUTTO AND CREAM
TAGLIATELLE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND FRESH HERBS (TAGLIATELLE CON ...
CARAMELIZED ONION AND HERB SOURDOUGH (INSPIRED BY STOVETOP …
VIDEO-TAGLIATELLE W YOGURT, CARAMELIZED ONION AND SAGE
CARAMELIZED ONION AND HERB DINNER ROLLS RECIPE - MOTHER EARTH …
TORTINO W/ GREEN BEANS, CARAMELIZED ONION, FRESH HERBS
HERB AND FETA DUMPLINGS WITH CARAMELISED ONIONS. A LITTLE BIT OF ...
TAGLIATELLE RECIPE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND MUSTARD - NEW …
CARAMELIZED ONION-HERB BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TAGLIATELLE WITH ONIONS - 15 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
CARAMELISED ONION TART RECIPE | DELICIOUS EVERYDAY
17 RECIPES ALL ABOUT CARAMELIZED ONIONS | SAVEUR
TAGLIATELLE WITH YOGURT, SPINACH AND CARAMELISED ONIONS
CARAMELIZED ONION TAGLIATELLE WITH BRAISED BEEF RAGU
THANKSGIVING FAVORITE: CARAMELIZED ONIONS WITH HERBS RECIPE
FETTUCCINE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND FRESH HERBS RECIPE
TAGLIATELLE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND GOAT CHEESE RECIPE | EAT ...
TAGLIATELLE WITH CARAMELISED ONIONS, PECORINO AND SAGE | RECIPES
TAGLIATELLE WITH GORGONZOLA, WALNUTS AND CARAMELIZED RED ONIONS
TAGLIATELLE WITH CARAMELISED ONIONS, PECORINO AND SAGE | RECIPES
OLIVE, CARAMELIZED ONION, AND HERB DROP BISCUITS RECIPE
CARAMELIZED ONION, AND GARLIC HERB SPINACH CHICKEN PIZZA
TAGLIATELLE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND FRESH HERBS - PLAIN.RECIPES
CARAMELIZED ONION & HERB CHEESE TART RECIPE - BETH DAIGLE
HERBED GOAT CHEESE AND CARAMELIZED ONION TART - LETTY'S KITCHEN
CARAMELIZED ONION GALETTE WITH HERB RICOTTA CHEESE
CARAMELIZED ONIONS W/ WINE, CREAM, AND FRESH HERBS – RECIPES …
TAGLIATELLE WITH ZUCCHINI, TOMATO AND FRESH HERBS - KALOFAGAS
RECIPE: CARAMELIZED ONION AND PHYLLO TART - KITCHN
TAGLIATELLE WITH SPINACH, MUSHROOMS AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
MOREL MUSHROOM TOAST WITH GOUDA AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE
SPICY SPAGHETTI WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND HERBS | RECIPE CART
You'll also love