TAMARIND-GLAZED HONEY SHRIMP
Another Monica Bhide recipe! We had the shrimp late last night and I woke up this morning wishing I had some more, they were so delicious! ;) I suggest that you make double the quantity and keep them ready to serve!!! We made these for the seafood and protein lovers! Monica Bhide's newest cookbook is Modern Spice: Inspired Indian Flavors for the Contemporary Kitchen (Simon & Schuster, 2009). There is a 2 hr marinating time for which I didn't allow.
Provided by Manami
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, chutney, honey, ginger, red pepper flakes (if using), coriander, and salt;. mix well.
- Add the shrimp and toss well to coat; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving time, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Just before the oil starts smoking, add the shrimp and marinade to the pan.
- Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and no longer translucent.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and pour any liquid from the pan over the shrimp.
- Serve warm with basmatti rice with chives.
TAMARIND GLAZED SHRIMP SALAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 appetizer portions or 4 main
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Dissolve the tamarind in the hot water in a small bowl. Add the rice wine, honey and fish sauce to the tamarind and stir well to combine. Set aside. Wash the cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Score the cucumber with a channeling knife or a fork and slice into paper thin slice using a vegetable slicer. Arrange the cucumber around the perimeter of a serving platter, overlapping decoratively as you go. Cut the tomatoes in quarters and similarly place around the platter overlapping the cucumbers where necessary. Place the mung bean sprouts, upon which the cooked shrimp will sit, in a heap in the center of the platter. Heat the peanut oil in a large saute pan or wok over high heat. Add the whole chili peppers and heat through for 30 seconds. Add the ginger, cook for 30 seconds, add the shrimp and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tamarind glaze and bring to a fast boil. Toss or stir the shrimp well to coat in the glaze. Cook just until the shrimp begins to become firm and opaque, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Spoon the shrimp over the bean sprouts and serve.;
SHRIMP PAD THAI
- Place tamarind in a bowl, cover with the boiling water and let sit until softened. Press the pulp through a sieve into a bowl and discard seeds and solids.
- Combine orange juice, tamarind pulp, vinegar, honey, basil and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer. Return to the blender, with the motor running, slowly add 6 tablespoons of the oil and blend until emulsified.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick saute pan over high heat. Season shrimp on both sides with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Stir in the tamarind glaze, turn the shrimp over and continue cooking until shrimp is cooked through and glazed.
- Soak noodles in a large bowl of warm water until softened but not overly soft, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain well in a colander and cover with a dampened paper towel.
- Place the tamarind in a bowl and cover with the boiling water, let sit until soft, about 10 minutes. Force the mixture through a sieve (including the water) into a bowl, discarding seeds and fibers. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, and hot sauce to the tamarind, stirring until sugar has dissolved, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large saute pan over medium heat until hot, then fry half of the shallots over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 8 to 12 minutes. Remove the shallots with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Reheat shallot oil in wok over high heat until hot. Fry tofu in 1 layer, gently turning occasionally, until golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer tofu to paper towels using a slotted spoon. Transfer the frying oil to a heatproof glass and reserve.
- Lightly beat eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and a tablespoon of water. Heat 2 tablespoons of the shallot oil in a wok or saute pan over high heat until it shimmers. Add eggs and swirl to coat the side of the wok, then cook, stirring gently with a spatula, until cooked through. Break into chunks with spatula and transfer to a plate.
- Heat wok over medium heat, add 6 tablespoons of the shallot oil, then swirl to coat side of wok. Stir-fry scallions, garlic, and remaining uncooked shallots until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add noodles and stir-fry over medium for about 2 minutes. Add tofu, bean sprouts, and 1 1/2 cups sauce and simmer, turning noodles over to absorb sauce evenly, until noodles are tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in additional sauce, if desired, then stir in the eggs. Transfer to a large shallow serving dish and top with the shrimp, crispy shallots, Thai basil, cilantro and peanuts. Serve lime wedges on the side.
While it may sound like a plain, generic item you see on a menu at the food court at the mall, honey-garlic shrimp is actually one of the most exciting and delicious garlic shrimp recipes I know. It's the perfect balance of sweet and savory while still packing a substantial garlic punch, plus it's extremely fast and simple to make. This recipe uses half the honey that typical recipes use and allows the natural sweetness of the shrimp to shine through. Serve over hot cooked rice or the starchy base of your choice such as noodles.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Make sure shrimp are fully thawed and well drained. Keep in the refrigerator while you make the marinade.
- Whisk garlic, honey, ginger, soy sauce, and fish sauce together in a bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss thoroughly with a spatula for 2 minutes until completely coated. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes; toss occasionally while marinating.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with oil and heat over high heat until you begin to see small wisps of smoke. Use tongs to immediately transfer shrimp into the hot skillet in a single layer. Set excess marinade aside.
- Sear shrimp for 2 minutes, then flip over. Dump in marinade and cook for 1 minute. Turn off heat and flip shrimp once more; let sit for about 1 minute. The marinade in the pan will reduce down to a beautiful glaze just from the residual heat in the pan. Garnish with green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.5 calories, Carbohydrate 22.4 g, Cholesterol 345.1 mg, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 38.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 1039.3 mg, Sugar 18.7 g
HONEY GINGER SHRIMP
- Heat the olive oil and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger and honey; cook and stir until fragrant. Add the shrimp, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring as needed, until shrimp are pink and opaque. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165.9 calories, Carbohydrate 4.1 g, Cholesterol 172.9 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 199.9 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
COOKING TIME INCLUDES MARINATING TIME! After looking at a lot of similar recipes, I combined all my favorite flavors into one sweet glaze. The recipe was developed for shrimp, but it can be used on boneless chicken or tofu for a vegetarian option.
Provided by Jostlori
Yield 12 shrimp, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a non-reactive bowl, mix well.
- Add cornstarch and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Add shrimp to mixture and marinate for one hour.
- In a non-stick pan, add a bit of sesame oil, just enough to coat lightly, and heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for three minutes until shrimp is just done, but not overcooked.
- Serve immediately over basmati rice, pouring sauce over shrimp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.7, Fat 1.8, SaturatedFat 0.2, Cholesterol 211.7, Sodium 2967.9, Carbohydrate 50.6, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 42, Protein 27.4
HONEY GARLIC SHRIMP STIR-FRY RECIPE BY TASTY
- Place shrimp in a sealable bag or medium bowl.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix marinade ingredients.
- Pour half of the marinade on the shrimp. Save the other half for later.
- Let the shrimp marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium pan, heat oil. Add shrimp to the pan, but discard the used marinade. Cook shrimp on one side for about a minute, then flip over.
- Pour in remaining marinade and cook until shrimp is cooked through and just firm. Remove the shrimp from the pan and let the marinade reduce.
- Serve the shrimp with sauce and garnish with green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272 calories, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 24 grams, Sugar 28 grams
More about "tamarind glazed honey shrimp recipes"
TAMARIND-GLAZED HONEY SHRIMP - THE WASHINGTON POST
4/5 (1)Servings 10Is Accessible For Free TrueCalories 59 per serving
TAMARIND AND HONEY-GLAZED SALMON - CARAMEL TINTED LIFE
10 BEST HONEY GLAZED SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
TAMARIND GLAZED SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
TAMARIND AND SHRIMP RECIPES (82) - SUPERCOOK
SUGAR CANE-SPEARED GULF SHRIMP WITH TAMARIND–ORANGE HONEY …
TAMARIND HONEY SHRIMP FROM SIROCCO - COOKING BY THE BOOK
TAMARIND-GLAZED HONEY SHRIMP | RECIPE | HONEY SHRIMP, SEAFOOD …
GLAZED HONEY GARLIC SHRIMP - JUST A TASTE
TAMARIND-GLAZED HONEY SHRIMP RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SPICY HONEY GLAZED SHRIMP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SAUTéED SHRIMPS WITH TAMARIND SAUCE | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
10 BEST HONEY GLAZED SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
THAI STIR-FRIED TAMARIND SHRIMP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TAMARIND GLAZE RECIPE - JEAN-GEORGES VONGERICHTEN
SWEET AND SOUR: HOW TO MAKE TAMARIND HONEY SHRIMP
GLAZED HOT HONEY GARLIC SHRIMP - SIMPLY SCRATCH
TAMARIND-GLAZED HONEY SHRIMP, | HONEY LIME SHRIMP, RECIPES, …
BROWNED BUTTER HONEY GARLIC SHRIMP - CAFE DELITES
TAMARIND GLAZED SHRIMP SALAD – RECIPES NETWORK
TAMARIND GLAZED SHRIMP SALAD - PLAIN.RECIPES
TAMARIND GLAZED SHRIMP SALAD - BIGOVEN.COM
TAMARIND-GLAZED HONEY SHRIMP RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
TAMARIND AND HONEY GLAZED HAM RECIPE - WOMAN & HOME
HONEY-GLAZED SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TAMARIND GLAZED SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE RECIPE
TAMARIND GLAZED SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE
TAMARIND-GLAZED HONEY SHRIMP | RECIPE | HONEY SHRIMP, STEAMED …
SHRIMP TAMARIND RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
5 MINUTE TAMARIND SAUCE OR GLAZE | EASY TAMARIND CHUTNEY
SHRIMP GLAZED TAMARIND | ASIANSUPPER
TAMARIND GLAZED SHRIMP - BIGOVEN.COM
BEST TAMARIND-GLAZED RIBS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TAMARIND …
TAMARIND SHRIMP (MALAYSIAN ASSAM PRAWNS) - WOK & SKILLET
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #appetizers #main-dish #fruit #seafood #vegetables #american #asian #diabetic #dinner-party #finger-food #romantic #shrimp #dietary #spicy #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #stir-fry #low-carb #northeastern-united-states #low-in-something #citrus #lemon #shellfish #peppers #taste-mood #presentation #served-hot #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make tamarind glaze?Tamarind Glaze. How to Make It. In a medium heatproof bowl, blend the tamarind pulp with the boiling water to a paste. Pass the paste through a coarse strainer, pressing with a firm rubber spatula to remove the seeds and fibers.
How do you make tamarind curry?2 Thai chiles (minced) 2 garlic cloves (minced) Salt Directions Instructions Checklist Step 1 In a medium heatproof bowl, blend the tamarind pulp with the boiling water to a paste. Pass the paste through a coarse strainer, pressing with a firm rubber spatula to remove the seeds and fibers. Stir in the honey, fish sauce, chiles and garlic.
How do you thicken tamarind chutney?For a thicker tamarind chutney recipe, use less water. For thinner tamarind sauce or glaze, add more water. Otherwise, it's the same exact recipe. Want More Indian Recipes?
What can I do with tamarind sauce?Here’s a really easy, tangy, spicy, sweet, and sour Tamarind sauce. Use as a glaze for grilled meats, or as a dipping sauce for everything from chicken wings to Indian fried pakoras. Five minutes in the microwave, and you’re done!