Dig in to this rich, warm one-skillet dip, topped with fresh tomato and green onions, and enjoy the gooey cheese and spicy kick from the chorizo and pepper jack. -Julie Merriman, Seattle, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. Crumble chorizo into a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet; add corn, red onion and pepper. Cook over medium heat until meat is fully cooked, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in the cheeses., Bake until bubbly, 14-16 minutes. Sprinkle with tomato and green onions. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161 calories, Fat 12g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 38mg cholesterol, Sodium 365mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, crumbling it as you go, until browned and cooked through.
- Remove the chorizo from the skillet and drain it on paper towels (chorizo is very greasy!). Pour off any excess fat from the skillet.
- Without cleaning the skillet, add the onion and bell peppers.
- Cook the veggies over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until they brown and soften, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the tequila, if using. Turn the heat back on to medium-high and cook until the vegetables are golden brown and the liquor has reduced, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove the vegetables from the skillet and set them aside. Turn off the heat.
- Mix the cheeses together, then cover the bottom of a medium ovenproof skillet with one-third of the cheese mixture . . .
- Add one-third of the vegetables . . .
- And one-third of the chorizo.
- Continue with two more layers, ending with chorizo. Sprinkle the top with chili powder.
- Bake until the cheese is totally melted, hot, and slightly bubbling around the edges, 4 to 5 minutes. Watch it constantly, as you don't want the cheese to get overly melted and hard. But you want it to be sizzling!
- Top with the tomatoes, a sprinkle of kosher salt, and the cilantro.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips . . .
- Or carrot sticks and cauliflower florets if you want to avoid chips!
TRADITIONAL QUESO FUNDIDO
Easy appetizer or even light meal. Melted chihuahua cheese over fresh pico de gallo. Can buy fresh salsa or pico de gallo from deli. I prefer to put in warm torillas or can be served with tortilla chips. Meant to be eaten right out of the oven or shortly after, cheese will firm up if left out too long. Soooo Good!!
Provided by anonymous
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a pie plate, spray lightly with cooking spray and drizzle lightly with oil.
- Spread Picco De Gallo and chorizo (opt) in pie pan.
- Layer Chihuahua Cheese (and quesidilla cheese) on top.
- Place in over until cheese is throughly melted (place under broiler to brown a slight bit).
- Serve in warm torillas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443.4, Fat 33.8, SaturatedFat 21.4, Cholesterol 119.2, Sodium 704.8, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 1, Sugar 8.7, Protein 25.2
This ooey, gooey cheese dip gets a little kick from the addition of fresh jalapeño pepper and chorizo sausage. Serve the dip hot with soft tortillas, or tortilla chips, depending on your mood.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories easy, dips and spreads, appetizer
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a medium skillet or a flame-proof gratin dish over moderate-high heat, cook chorizo until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving any rendered fat in pan.
- Stir in olive oil and jalapeño. Cook for 1 minute. Add cheese, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese is fully melted, about 3 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and chorizo and serve hot from pan with tortillas for scooping up mixture.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 319, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 19 grams, SaturatedFat 14 grams, Sodium 603 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
You can reheat this ooey-gooey dip in a skillet, or keep it warm in a fondue pot.
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Yield Makes 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix tomato, chile, and oregano in a small bowl. Season with salt; let salsa stand for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, toss both cheeses with flour in a medium bowl. Cook chorizo in a medium saucepan over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until it begins to render, about 1 minute. Add onion and continue cooking until chorizo is cooked and onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chorizo mixture to a small bowl; return saucepan to heat. Add beer; simmer, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits. Whisking constantly, add cheese mixture a 1/4-cupful at a time, allowing it to become blended and smooth between additions. Stir in chorizo mixture. DO AHEAD: Queso can be made 30 minutes ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- To reheat, warm skillet with queso fundido over medium heat; stir until melted and bubbly.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon salsa over queso. Serve in skillet with a basket of tortilla chips on the side.
- Preheat broiler with rack 4 inches from heating element. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Swirl in oil. Add poblano and cook, 3 minutes. Add onion and season with salt. Cook until onion is softened and poblano is slightly charred, 4 minutes. Add serrano and cook until softened, 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Add both cheeses. Broil until bubbly and browned in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with jicama sticks, radishes, and tortilla chips.
REE DRUMMOND'S QUESO FUNDIDO
Throw in whatever ingredients you have on hand to make this delicious queso fundido. Serve with tortilla chips, carrot sticks, and cauliflower florets.
Provided by Pioneer Woman
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a 9-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo; cook, stirring to crumble, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Drain any excess fat from the skillet.
- Without cleaning the skillet, add bell peppers and onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until browned and softened, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in tequila. Continue cooking vegetables, stirring often, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Stir together Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses in a bowl; spread 1/3 in the skillet. Add 1/3 of the vegetables, then 1/3 of the chorizo. Repeat with 2 more layers, ending with chorizo. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheeses are melted and bubbling, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with tomatoes, cilantro, and salt. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 calories, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 82.8 mg, Fat 29 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 21.8 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Sodium 627.7 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
More about "queso fundido recipes"
QUESO FUNDIDO WITH CHORIZO RECIPE | MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES
4.9/5 (50)Total Time 20 minsCategory AntojitosCalories 339 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a skillet over medium heat, add the oil if using. Most Mexican chorizos have enough fat and won’t need the vegetable oil. Add the chorizo and cook, stir frequently to cook evenly and avoid it from sticking to the bottom. It’ll take about 6-7 minutes to cook.
- Once cooked, remove the excess fat from the skillet or place the cooked chorizo over a paper towel to absorb the fat.
- Place the chorizo in an oven proof dish, setting aside 2 tablespoons to garnish when ready to serve. I divided the chorizo and cheese into 2 small clay pots, but you can use a large oven proof dish.
- Place the grated cheese over the chorizo and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Do not overcook or it will have a chewy texture.
QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.1/5 (189)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 6-8
- Mix tomato, chile, and oregano in a small bowl. Season with salt; let salsa stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss both cheeses with flour in a medium bowl. Cook chorizo in a medium saucepan over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until it begins to render, about 1 minute. Add onion and continue cooking until chorizo is cooked and onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chorizo mixture to a small bowl; return saucepan to heat. Add beer; simmer, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits. Whisking constantly, add cheese mixture a 1/4-cupful at a time, allowing it to become blended and smooth between additions. Stir in chorizo mixture. DO AHEAD Queso can be made 30 minutes ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
PIMIENTO QUESO FUNDIDO | SOUTHERN LIVING
QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE - FOR THE LOVE OF SAZóN
MEXICAN QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE (SPICY CHORIZO DIP!) - OH SWEET BASIL
QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE | GOZNEY
QUESO FUNDIDO WITH CHORIZO RECIPE - TODAY.COM
QUESO FUNDIDO - PATRICIA QUINTANA
QUESO FUNDIDO - EASY QUESO RECIPE - DELISH.COM
ONE SKILLET QUESO FUNDIDO WITH CHORIZO - THE STAY AT …
QUESO FUNDIDO - THE PIONEER WOMAN
QUESO FUNDIDO - HOUSE OF YUMM
QUESO FUNDIDO BURGER RECIPE - HOME CHEF
18 BEST QUESO RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME | ALLRECIPES
SKILLET QUESO FUNDIDO - THE BAKERMAMA
QUESO FUNDIDO - GIRL WITH THE IRON CAST
QUESO FUNDIDO WITH CHORIZO - A FLAVOR JOURNAL 30 MINUTES OR LESS
QUESO FUNDIDO - GOYA FOODS
QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
BEST QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE - THE COOKIE ROOKIE® (HOW TO VIDEO)
BEST QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE QUESO FUNDIDO
QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE | GOZNEY
QUESO FUNDIDO - A DELICIOUS CHEESE APPETIZER RECIPE
HOMEMADE QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE WITH CHORIZO (CROCK POT QUESO) - THE …
QUESO FUNDIDO - A FAMILY FEAST®
GARLIC & MUSHROOM QUESO FUNDIDO | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
DELICIOUS GOOEY BAKED MEXICAN CHEESE RECIPE - QUESO FUNDIDO
QUESO FUNDIDO WITH CHORIZO, GREEN CHILIS | THE MODERN PROPER
QUESO FUNDIDO TAQUITOS. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
RICK BAYLESSQUESO FUNDIDO IN FOUR FLAVORS - RICK BAYLESS
QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE (PLUS HOW TO VIDEO) - OLIVEMAGAZINE
QUESO FUNDIDO WITH CHORIZO RECIPE - A SASSY SPOON
QUESO FUNDIDO - RECIPES FOR HOLIDAYS
QUESO FUNDIDO – SPICY MEXICAN CHEESE APPETIZER DIP
QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
DELICIOUS QUESO FUNDIDO STRATA RECIPE WITH CHORIZO
CHORIZO QUESO FUNDIDO (+ HOW TO MAKE AHEAD!) - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
QUESO FUNDIDO (BAKED CHEESE APPETIZER) - A COZY KITCHEN
QUESO FUNDIDO RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #appetizers #oven #broil #food-processor-blender #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #equipment #small-appliance
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook queso fundido in a skillet?This skillet queso fundido is pure cheesy goodness that comes together in minutes with just 3 ingredients. Pass the chips! Set a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add shredded cheese and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until melted and bubbling with a thin layer of cheese crust around the edge, about 4-5 minutes.
What are the ingredients in queso fundido?My version of Queso Fundido contains n o Velveeta just quality real cheeses melted together with chorizo, tomatoes, beans and green chiles . The cheeses make it gloriously cheesy and the chorizo, tomatoes and beans makes it more flavorful and textural pleasing than any other cheese dip.
Can You bake chorizo queso fundido?You can prep the Chorizo Queso Fundido to the point of assembling then stop right before you are supposed to put it in the oven. Instead, cover the cheese dip with foil and refrigerate until ready to serve. When its go time, simply pop the dip in the oven. You will need to add an extra 5 minutes or so of baking time.
What is 25 minute queso fundido?25 Minute Queso Fundido bursting with juicy chorizo sausage and 3 cheeses is the cheese dip of your dreams! This spicy, gooey melty Queso Fundido Queso is truly one of my favorite dips ever. It should come with a warning: you will want to eat the entire thing! And so will all your guests.