Both family and friends enjoy this Tex-Mex casserole recipe-even those who prefer a level of spiciness that's "mild" rather than "wild" (but still full of flavor!). -Cheryl Ruesch, Waukegan, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 10-12 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in soups, enchilada sauce, milk and garlic powder. , Place half of the broken taco shells in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the meat mixture and half the cheese. Repeat layers using remaining taco shells, meat mixture and cheese. Bake until heated through, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415 calories, Fat 25g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 861mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
FIESTA MAC AND CHEESE
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the macaroni in the boiling water until just undercooked. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onion turns golden brown and the corn begins to blister, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the green chiles to combine. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour, whisking to combine. Let the roux cook for a minute or so, whisking constantly. Pour in the milk, whisking constantly, followed by 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Cook the white sauce until thick and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the half-and-half and adobo sauce. Add the processed cheese, 1 cup of the Monterey Jack and 1 cup of the pepper jack and continue to cook, stirring, until the cheese all melts. Add the cooked macaroni and stir to coat. Fold in the diced tomatoes and chiles.
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch disposable foil pan. Layer with half of the macaroni mixture, then half the corn mixture. Repeat the layers, ending with the corn mixture. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup Monterey Jack and 1 cup pepper jack over the top. Sprinkle the crushed tortilla chips all over the cheese, then sprinkle with chili powder.
- To bake immediately, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake until bubbly and hot, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle over the chopped cilantro and serve.
- To freeze the casserole for later, let cool completely, then cover with aluminum foil, fold over the edges to seal and freeze.
- If cooking from frozen, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook, covered, for 50 minutes, then uncover and bake until light brown and bubbly, about another 20 minutes. Sprinkle over the chopped cilantro and serve.
TEX-MEX FIESTA CASSEROLE
So far this is my favorite recipe that I use. It is from Joanna Lund. I make this at least once a month. It has a great taste and the portion size is plentiful. Per serving is 260 calories. The diabetic exchanges per serving are: 2 1/2 protein, 2 vegetable, 1 starch. You won't be sorry for trying it. My 3 year old son eats it too. You won't miss the fat/calories.
Provided by Doing it Right
Categories White Rice
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown meat, garlic, onion and green pepper.
- Add salsa, chili seasoning, tomato sauce and ketchup.
- Mix well to combine.
- Stir in corn, rice and cheddar cheese.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- Divide into 6 servings.
- HINT: 1 1/3 cups uncooked rice usually cooks to about 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306.8, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 55.4, Sodium 639.1, Carbohydrate 39, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 6.9, Protein 23.2
My family loves this quick and easy casserole! This dish is spicy, but you can cut the heat of this dish by using "mild" enchilada sauce.
Provided by Kim D.
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic in a large skillet; drain.
- Line a 9X13X2-inch baking dish with 4 torn flour tortillas.
- Place ground beef mixture over tortillas.
- Layer with beans, enchilada sauce, and cream of chicken soup over ground beef.
- Next, top with shredded cheese, 4 more torn flour tortillas, tomatoes and green chilies.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and top with a little extra cheese if desired; return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
TEX-MEX PANTRY CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef until browned and crumbly, about 6 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Add butter and onion to the skillet. Saute until onion is softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in taco seasoning and pour in tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Add broth, corn, black beans, Spanish rice mix, and salsa; mix well.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the beef mixture into the casserole dish. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and filling is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411 calories, Carbohydrate 43.4 g, Cholesterol 58.7 mg, Fat 17.7 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 20.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 1776.3 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
More about "tex mex fiesta casserole recipes"
TEX-MEX FIESTA CHICKEN CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN
5/5 (3)Category Main DishCuisine Tex-MexTotal Time 45 mins
TEX-MEX FIESTA BAKE RECIPE - SIX SISTERS' STUFF
Cuisine MexicanCategory Appetizer, Main CourseServings 15Total Time 30 mins
CREAMY FIESTA CORN CASSEROLE - THYME FOR COCKTAILS
MEX CASSEROLE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THE PIONEER WOMAN'S TEX-MEX FIESTA | MEXICAN RECIPES: …
BEST TEX MEX CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
TEX-MEX FIESTA CASSEROLE RECIPE | CHAMPSDIET.COM
TEX MEX CHICKEN FIESTA - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
10 BEST TEX MEX GROUND BEEF CASSEROLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
TEX-MEX CASSEROLE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
30 BEST TEX-MEX RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
MEXICAN FIESTA TACO CASSEROLE WITH GROUND TURKEY RECIPE - PAULA …
FIESTA EGG CASSEROLE WITH PEPPERS AND CHEESE RECIPE
25 OF OUR BEST MEXICAN CASSEROLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE - SIMPLY STACIE
TEX-MEX FIESTA BAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
33 TASTY TEX-MEX RECIPES TO BRING THE FIESTA TO YOUR …
MEXICAN CASSEROLE RECIPES THAT WILL WIN OVER EVERYONE AT YOUR …
FIESTA CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - HEALTHY CANNING
30 BEST MEXICAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES
TEX-MEX FIESTA CHICKEN CASSEROLE | RECIPE | SEARCH | FOOD CITY
TEX-MEX TATER TOT CASSEROLE — LET'S DISH RECIPES
TEX-MEX FIESTA CHICKEN CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN.COM
FIESTA CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE | COOKIES AND CUPS
KETO TEX MEX CASSEROLE - PERFECT KETO
27 EASY MEXICAN CASSEROLE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
TRY THIS TEX MEX CASSEROLE THAT’S EASY & DELICIOUS
TEX MEX FIESTA CHICKEN CASSEROLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPETHING - FIESTA CASSEROLE
TEX-MEX CHICKEN & RICE BAKE - PACE FOODS
THE BEST TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE | EASY DINNER IDEA!
TEX-MEX FIESTA CHICKEN CASSEROLE | RECIPES, FIESTA CHICKEN, FOOD
TEX-MEX FIESTA SKILLET RECIPE - SPARKLES OF YUM
TEX-MEX FIESTA STEAK RECIPE
THE VERY BEST TEX-MEX RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TEX-MEX FIESTA CHEX MIX® RECIPE
TEX-MEX FIESTA CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #casseroles #rice #oven #easy #diabetic #kid-friendly #dietary #inexpensive #toddler-friendly #pasta-rice-and-grains #white-rice #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a good Mexican casserole?Spread crushed tortilla chips in dish, and then spoon beef mixture over chips. Spread sour cream over beef, and sprinkle olives, green onion, and tomato over the sour cream. Top with Cheddar cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. See how to make an easy, tasty Mexican casserole.
What do you put in a taco casserole?This taco casserole recipe tastes like a taco salad and is a breeze to assemble. I crush tortilla chips to form a bottom layer, then spread on refried beans, a spicy meat mixture and cheese. —Rhonda McKee, Greensburg, Kansas My husband likes Mexican food and casseroles, so I combined the two.
How long does it take to make a Tex-Mex casserole?This is a rich and surprisingly tasty rendition of all the Tex-Mex dishes molded into one packed, beautiful casserole. Best of all, it’s ready in only half an hour! —Janet McCormick, Proctorville, Ohio Here’s something a little different to shake up taco night.
What are the best Tex-Mex recipes for brunch?Because brunch deserves a Tex-Mex twist, too. The egg-topped skillet is a cheesy, layered dream. This slow-cooker casserole is a hit from morning to dinnertime. Using tortilla soup broth gives it so much extra Tex-Mex flavor. This is the most versatile weeknight recipe to have on hand.