- Cook the rice: Bring water to a boil in a medium pot over high heat. Add salt and rice to the water and stir to combine. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low heat. Cook the rice, covered for about 20 minutes or according to package instructions. Remove rice from heat and fluff with a fork. Keep covered until ready to serve.
- Sauté the onions, peppers, and celery: While the rice is cooking, make the shrimp creole. In a large pan set over medium heat, add the butter. Once the butter melts and is foamy, add the onions, bell pepper, and celery to the pan. Add the salt and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 6-8 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, Worcestershire, tomatoes, and garlic: Add the bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, and garlic powder to the pan. Stir to combine and gently break up the tomatoes using a wooden spoon. Cook on high until simmering, then reduce the heat and maintain a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour and water, add to pot with stock: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and water and add it to the tomato sauce in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the seafood stock.
- Season and add shrimp to pan: In a large bowl, season the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning and toss to coat. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until they turn pink on the outside, 7-8 minutes. The finished sauce will be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Stir in green onions and serve: Stir in green onions. Serve shrimp creole over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 427 kcal, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 340 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 41 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 3098 mg, Sugar 6 g, Fat 12 g, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
HAITIAN CREOLE SHRIMP
This recipe is courtesy of Elizabeth Turnbull from "Mountain Made Best Made". I have "tweaked" this and hopefully it is even better now. Hope you enjoy! You can make this as mild or spicy as you like, just taste it for seasoning, please.
Provided by Manami
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Saute bell pepper, Scotch Bonnet pepper, onion, celery, and garlic in butter, for 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, prepared mustard, sugar, Tabasco(if using), seasonings and bay leaf.
- Simmer 20-25 minutes, stirring often.
- Add shrimp and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.7, Fat 7.5, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 174.6, Sodium 1491.7, Carbohydrate 35.7, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 4.9, Protein 21
CREOLE REMOULADE SAUCE
A French Caribbean-inspired tartar sauce that enhances any seafood and makes a great sandwich topping. This sauce goes particularly well with Cajun Seafood Cakes Recipe #373983. This Creole sauce is also well-paired with chilled shrimp, crayfish, lobster, and grilled calamari. Try it as a dressing for a seafood salad, too. Makes 1 3/4 cups; serving size is per 1/4 cup. Found in, "The Whole Foods Market Cookbook."
Provided by Virginia Cherry Blo
Yield 7 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the mayonnaise, onion, scallions, parsley, tarragon, capers, dill pickles, lemon juice, salt, hot sauce, and mustard in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until the mixture is well combined but retains some chunkiness.
- For a lower fat content, reduce the mayonnaise to 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt. For a spicier version, add 1/8 cup drained horseradish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137.4, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 8.7, Sodium 727.2, Carbohydrate 9.5, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 2.8, Protein 0.6
I created this easy entree to convince my husband that seafood doesn't have to taste "fishy." He likes the flaky, phyllo wrapping as well as the bright green and red vegetables hidden inside of it. -Carrie Vazzano of Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large nonstick skillet lightly coated with cooking spray, saute spinach and red pepper until tender. Add 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper and lemon juice. Remove from the heat; cool., Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. (Until ready to use, keep phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Layer remaining phyllo over first sheet, brushing each sheet with butter. Cut stack in half widthwise. , Place a halibut fillet in the center of each square; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheese and spinach mixture. Fold sides and bottom edge over fillet and roll up to enclose it; trim end of phyllo if necessary. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining lemon pepper. , Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calories, Fat 12g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 676mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PHYLLO SHRIMP WITH DIPPING SAUCES
I created this appetizer when I had some leftover phyllo dough in the freezer. It's perfect for a party because it looks elegant but is easy to make. I serve the shrimp with two sauces, so guests can decide if they're in a sweet or spicy mood. -Sonali Ruder, New York, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stack six sheets of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush top sheet with butter. Cut into 12 strips from long side., Place one shrimp on each strip; roll up. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink., In a small bowl, whisk the cilantro lime sauce ingredients. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise and chili paste. Serve sauces with shrimp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 112 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 26mg cholesterol, Sodium 150mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
This is Craig Claiborne's 1985 recreation of the shrimp remoulade served at Arnaud's, the legendary restaurant in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Fiery with horseradish and Creole mustard -- Zatarain's was the brand Claiborne recommended -- the sauce also contains finely chopped heart of celery, green onion and a splash of good oil. Paprika adds a further touch of spice and a fine red color. Claiborne recommended allowing the dish to cure overnight in the refrigerator. This remains good advice. Arnaud's shrimp remoulade, he wrote at the time, "is a pleasure that endures." (The New York Times)
Provided by Craig Claiborne
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Put shrimp in a saucepan and add water to cover. Add allspice, garlic, peppercorns and salt. Bring gradually to a boil. Simmer about 1 minute, and remove from heat. Let stand until cool. Peel and devein shrimp. There should be about 4 cups.
- To prepare sauce, put mustard and vinegar in a mixing bowl and add salt and pepper. Beat with a wire whisk and gradually add oil, stirring constantly. If you beat briskly enough, the oil should blend in smoothly without separating.
- Stir in remaining ingredients for the sauce.
- Put about half a cup or less of shredded lettuce on each of eight salad plates. Arrange an equal number of shrimp on lettuce. Spoon sauce to cover shrimp completely. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 354, UnsaturatedFat 24 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 29 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 823 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "thai phyllo wrapped bourbon pecan shrimp with creole remoulade recipes"
10 BEST SHRIMP PHYLLO APPETIZERS RECIPES - YUMMLY
EASY SHRIMP CREOLE RECIPE - PINCH AND SWIRL
SHRIMP WRAPPED IN KATAIFI PHYLLO - GREEKRECIPES.TV
PHYLLO-WRAPPED SHRIMP WITH THREE SAUCES | KALOFAGAS.CA
SHRIMP CREOLE - IMMACULATE BITES
PHYLLO WRAPPED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND A …
SHRIMP RéMOULADE, A CREOLE/TEX MEX VERSION - SUNSET
CLASSIC CREOLE SHRIMP RéMOULADE RECIPE - JAMES BEARD …
SHRIMP PHYLLO CUP APPETIZER RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
REMOULADE RECIPE (CREOLE-STYLE SAUCE) | KITCHN
PHYLLO-WRAPPED SHRIMP WITH CURRIED TZATZIKI SAUCE - KRAFT HEINZ …
LOST DISHES: BOBBY'S CREOLE - SHRIMP REMOULADE
THAI SHRIMP SALAD IN MINI PHYLLO CUPS - DRESSINGS & SAUCES
PHYLLO WRAPPED THAI SHRIMP - THAI FOOD
THAI FRIED WONTON WRAPPED SHRIMP - ALYSSA AND CARLA
NEW ORLEANS’ CREOLE REMOULADE SAUCE - BEYONDGUMBO
THAI BASIL PECAN PESTO | HEALTHFUL PURSUIT
PECAN CRUSTED PAN SEARED FISH WITH BOURBON SAUCE - HEALTHY THAI …
RECIPE: BACON-WRAPPED SHRIMP WITH THAI CHILI GLAZE - MERCURY …
CREOLE SHRIMP PO'BOY WITH SPICY REMOULADE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHRIMP IN PHYLLO APPETIZER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
PHYLLO WRAPPED HALIBUT - TK
CLASSIC SHRIMP CREOLE IN 30 MINUTES - EASY DINNER IDEAS
RECIPETHING - GREEK SALAD WITH PHYLLO WRAPPED SHRIMP
SHRIMP AND BRIE WRAPPED IN PHYLLO | IGA RECIPES | EASY TO REALIZE ...
CREOLE SHRIMP REMOULADE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREOLE SHRIMP REMOULADE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
18 THAI SHRIMP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SHRIMP PHYLLO RECIPES | RECIPELAND
SHRIMP IN PHYLLO CUPS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CLASSIC CREOLE SHRIMP RéMOULADE RECIPE | JAMES BEARD …
AUTHENTIC NEW ORLEANS SHRIMP PO' BOY WITH CREOLE REMOULADE …
ZESTY CREOLE STYLE RéMOULADE - DISH 'N' THE KITCHEN
PHYLLO WRAPPED SHRIMP WITH FETA CHEESE. QUICK AND EASY APPETIZER ...
SHRIMP IN PHYLLO CUPS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PHYLLO PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED SHRIMP WITH PAPAYA TOMATO RELISH …
EASY SHRIMP CREOLE RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
BOURBON PECAN SWEET POTATO PHYLLO CASSEROLE. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
10 BEST SHRIMP PHYLLO DOUGH RECIPES | YUMMLY
PHYLLO WRAPPED SHRIMP APPETIZER WITH BACON & CREAM CHEESE
PHYLLO WRAPPED THAI SHRIMP - THAI FOOD
You'll also love