THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY
This is a quick and easy curry stir-fry made with chicken, zucchini, red bell pepper and carrot. Coconut milk and curry paste make an irresistible sauce. No need to go out to eat, as this dish is ready in about 20 minutes!
Provided by THEKNACKEREDCHEF
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces; cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Mix in the curry paste, zucchini, bell pepper, carrot and onion. Cook and stir for a few minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the coconut milk, then pour into the skillet. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 1 minutes. Right before serving, stir in the cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11.2 g, Cholesterol 58.5 mg, Fat 15.8 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 25.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 147.2 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
THAI RED CURRY WITH CHICKEN
Recipe VIDEO above. A Thai Red Curry with Chicken is one of the world's most popular curries! Make this with store bought curry paste (we give it a freshness boost) OR homemade red curry paste (the fresh flavour can't be beaten!). SPICE Level: Mild to hot BUT if using store bought paste, depends on what brand you use (Note 5).
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat oil in a large heavy based skillet over medium high heat.
- Add curry paste and Extras (if using jar paste) and cook for about 2 minutes so it "dries out" (See video)
- Add chicken broth and stir to dissolve paste. Simmer rapidly for 3 minutes or until liquid reduces by half.
- Add coconut milk, lime leaves, sugar and fish sauce. Stir, then add chicken.
- Spread chicken out, bring to simmer, then turn heat down to medium. Simmer for about 8- 10 minutes or until Sauce reduces, the chicken is cooked and the sauce is almost at the thickness you want.
- Do a taste test. Add more fish sauce (or even shrimp paste) to add more saltiness, sugar for sweetness.
- Add pumpkin and beans, stir. Cook for 3 minutes or until pumpkin is just cooked through and Sauce is thickened - see video for Sauce thickness.
- Remove from heat. Stir through a handful of Thai basil leaves.
- Serve over jasmine rice, garnished with fresh red chilli slices and fresh coriander/cilantro leaves, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
SPICY THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Evenly scatter the chicken, broccoli, rice, red pepper and onion in the pan. In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, broth, curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar and lime juice. Pour the mixture over the ingredients in the pan. Bake until the rice is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and cilantro before serving.
THAI CHICKEN CURRY
- Heat sesame oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Saute onion and garlic in the hot oil until garlic begins to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add potatoes, carrots, curry paste, ginger, fish sauce, chile paste, and coriander; stir until evenly coated and well mixed.
- Stir coconut milk and 1/2 cup water into the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in chicken, zucchini, and bell pepper. Continue to simmer, covered, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes more.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup water in a small bowl; stir into the simmering mixture. Uncover, raise heat to high, and bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro and lime juice just prior to serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.2 g, Cholesterol 43.1 mg, Fat 16.9 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 19.1 g, SaturatedFat 13.1 g, Sodium 352.9 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN & VEGETABLES
The key to this curry chicken is getting complex flavors without heaviness. For the veggies, I like colorful pea pods, sweet red peppers and water chestnuts. -David Dahlman, Chatsworth, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place chicken in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, mix coconut milk, curry paste and salt; pour over chicken., Bake, covered, 18-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook vegetables according to package directions; drain. Serve chicken with rice and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511 calories, Fat 14g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 606mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
OVEN-BAKED THAI CHICKEN RICE
A fuss-free family meal that will you'll want to make again and again, with a lovely coconut taste
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Buffet, Dinner, Main course, Snack, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil in a shallow ovenproof casserole dish, then soften the onion for 5 mins. Add the chicken and curry paste, then cook for 3 mins, stirring to coat.
- Tip in the rice and peppers, then stir in the lime zest and juice, coconut milk and 250ml boiling water. Bring to the boil, then pop the lid on and bake for 20 mins until the rice is fluffy. Scatter with coriander before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 510 calories, Fat 18 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 59 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 32 grams protein, Sodium 1.02 milligram of sodium
THAI RED CURRY
Forget ordering takeaway and make your own Thai red curry at home. This classic dish takes just 15 minutes to prep and it's bursting with flavour.
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry 1 tbsp ginger and 1 tbsp garlic paste for 2 mins. Add 5-6 tbsp red curry paste, sizzle for a few secs, then pour in 800ml coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, stir a little and wait for the oil to rise to the surface.
- Add 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks, and lime leaves, and simmer for 12 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add 1 tbsp of the fish sauce and a pinch of brown sugar, then taste - if you like it a little saltier, add more fish sauce; if you like it sweeter, add a little more sugar.
- Bring to the boil, take off the heat and add ½ small pack Thai basil.
- Spoon the curry into four bowls and top with 1 red chilli, a thumb-sized piece of ginger and a few extra basil leaves. Serve with jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 27 grams protein, Sodium 2.4 milligram of sodium
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY
I re-created a favorite dish from a restaurant, and now I cook it almost weekly for my family. On a busy night, frozen stir-fry veggies really speed things up. -Mary Shenk, DeKalb, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the first five ingredients in a large skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes., Stir in vegetables; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 9-11 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce thickens slightly., Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY FOR BEGINNERS
This is a very simple, yet very tasty, Thai red curry recipe. All the ingredients can be found in your grocery store. Specialty Asian shops are also a good source for Thai ingredients. Serve over rice or noodles.
Provided by Duan van der Westhuizen
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat olive oil a large nonstick pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and stir-fry until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, chile pepper, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Pour in 1/4 of the coconut milk and stir in curry paste until well distributed.
- Add chicken, 1/4 cup Thai basil, brown sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk and diced tomato to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve with remaining basil and scallions on the side as a garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.1 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 64.6 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 13.5 g, Sodium 166 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
THAI RED CURRY WITH CHICKEN
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, 1/2 of the garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is browned and the juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to the same pan. Saute remaining garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chile paste. Add coconut milk and stir until blended. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, lemongrass, lime leaves, lime juice, and fish sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and broccoli, and simmer gently for 10 more minutes. Taste and season as necessary. Serve over warm rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 596.9 calories, Carbohydrate 51.9 g, Cholesterol 66.1 mg, Fat 31.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 30.5 g, SaturatedFat 21 g, Sodium 532.2 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN BAKE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan.
- Mix coconut milk, curry paste, and brown sugar in a bowl until well blended. Pour over chicken. Place onions on top of chicken and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 45 minutes to 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 454.1 calories, Carbohydrate 12.5 g, Cholesterol 102.6 mg, Fat 36.4 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 33.4 g, SaturatedFat 21.9 g, Sodium 535.6 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
RED CURRY CHICKEN
Warm up on a chilly fall evening with this Thai-inspired curry. The classic mix of sweet coconut milk and savory red curry paste are sure to liven up a weeknight meal. Instead of a traditional wok, I am using a casserole dish and letting the chicken braise in the oven.
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk the coconut milk, curry paste, and fish sauce together in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; add the onion, lemongrass, garlic, and ginger. Lightly season the chicken and add it to the baking dish, turning to coat in the sauce, then arranging it skin-side-up.
- Bake the chicken, basting occasionally with the sauce, until lightly browned on top and cooked through (an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of a breast registers 160 degrees F), 50 to 55 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro and basil and serve with lime wedges on the side. Serve with cooked rice or crusty bread to soak up the sauce.
THE BEST THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium and cook the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and garlic then cook, stirring, for about 1 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt then bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetables and reduce heat and simmer until vegetable are soft.
- Squeeze lime juice over chicken then add chicken and basil to the pot.
- Cook until chicken is completely cooked.
- Serve over Jasmine Rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 906.3, Fat 42, SaturatedFat 25.6, Cholesterol 72.6, Sodium 2608.6, Carbohydrate 103.4, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 91.8, Protein 31.9
RED THAI CHICKEN CURRY
Delicious and mildly spicy Red Thai Curry which is easy to make and good for dinner parties - colourful and appetising!
Provided by sofiewood
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Make up the chicken stock in a measuring jug and add the fish sauce, demerara sugar, lemongrass paste, coriander paste, tumeric and kaffir lime leaves.
- In a pan add the red thai curry paste to 1 tbsp of the coconut milk and cook until sizzling - add chicken and cook until chicken is browned and coated in the thai red curry and coconut mixture then add the red chilli.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and chicken stock mixture and bring to a simmer - add the sweet potato and simmer until the chunks are tender (usually takes around 15 - 20 minutes depending of size of chunks). If using baby sweetcorn add about 5 minutes before the end. Add the spinach 2 minutes before the end to wilt through.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime over at the end and serve with sticky rice.
More about "thai red curry chicken bake recipes"
THAI RED CURRY WITH CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RED CURRY CHICKEN MEATBALLS - A THAI-INSPIRED ... - NERDS WITH KNIVES
THAI-STYLE RED CHICKEN CURRY - ONCE UPON A CHEF
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN - BLUE DRAGON
THAI CHICKEN CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK | EASY ONE-PAN RECIPE
DUMP-AND-BAKE CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
BAKED CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY - JO COOKS
THAI RED CURRY RICE CASSEROLE (DUMP AND BAKE) - OKONOMI KITCHEN
EASY THAI RED CURRY RECIPE WITH CHICKEN - SIMPLE & AUTHENTIC
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
THAI RED CURRY WITH BAKED CHICKEN MEATBALLS - EIGHT FOREST LANE
THAI RED CURRY BRAISED CHICKEN LEGS RECIPE - COOK WITH …
THAI RED CURRY WITH CHICKEN - THE FLAVOURS OF KITCHEN
SOME LIKE IT HOT: 30 RECIPES THAT PACK A PUNCH - MSN.COM
THAI RED CURRY BAKED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - ET FOOD VOYAGE
RED THAI CURRY WITH CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI RECIPE , HOW TO MAKE
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN ROAST RECIPE - YUMMY TUMMY
SPICY THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN CASSEROLE - COPY ME THAT
PAN-SEARED THAI CHICKEN WITH RED CURRY PASTE - FEASTING AT HOME
COCONUT CURRY BAKED COD RECIPE – HOW TO BAKE COD IN THE OVEN …
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN CASSEROLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
THAI CHICKEN CURRY CASSEROLE (WHOLE30, LOW CARB) - NOM NOM …
SPICY THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN CASSEROLE – FLORA'S KITCHEN
THAI RED CURRY BAKED POTATO RECIPE | SIDECHEF
EASY THAI ROAST CHICKEN RED CURRY - NOT QUITE NIGELLA
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN | POULTRY RECIPES | WEBER BBQ
SPICY THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
THAI CURRY CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BAKED THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN WITH CORIANDER CHUTNEY | RECIPES
DELIGHTFUL THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN RECIPE - THEFOODXP
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
BAKED RED CHICKEN CURRY - DONNA HAY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Thai red curry chicken?How to make Thai red curry chicken 1 Cook the shallot in oil in a dutch oven. 2 Add in the chicken and sauté, then stir in the curry paste. 3 Pour in the coconut milk and stir in the lime leaves, sugar and fish sauce. Simmer. 4 Add in the red pepper and cook until tender.
How do you cook chicken curry paste?Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces; cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Mix in the curry paste, zucchini, bell pepper, carrot and onion. Cook and stir for a few minutes.
How to cook chicken curry with rice?Add garlic, ginger, lemongrass paste and a crumbled stock cube and stir together to coat the chicken. Add the curry paste and stir together. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, bamboo shoots and curry leaves. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice, then serve the curry with boiled rice.
How do you make a Thai curry with coconut milk?Cook the shallot in oil in a dutch oven. Add in the chicken and sauté, then stir in the curry paste. Pour in the coconut milk and stir in the lime leaves, sugar and fish sauce. Simmer. Add in the red pepper and cook until tender.