THAI COCONUT CHICKEN
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine water and rice. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the chicken and curry powder, and toss to coat.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook the chicken, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Mix in the asparagus, snow peas, carrots and green onions; cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk , continue cooking until sauce is hot, and chicken is cooked through. Serve over the hot, cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 697 calories, Carbohydrate 91.4 g, Cholesterol 98.8 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 50.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.1 g, Sodium 140.8 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
THAI-STYLE COCONUT CHICKEN
Make your favorite restaurant meal at home! Expect the dish to resemble a very flavorful broth, which is typical of many Thai dishes. Like your Thai food quite hot? Just add another chili or two.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In nonstick wok or 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add lime peel, gingerroot, garlic, chilies and cilantro; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Pour coconut milk over chicken. Stir in brown sugar, salt, soy sauce, pea pods and bell pepper. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer uncovered 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir into tomato.
- Spoon into shallow serving bowls; top with basil. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 4 g, Protein 35 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 650 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 0 g
THAI COCONUT CHICKEN
If you like chile paste, try Thai Coconut Chicken. One of our readers loved the sauce so much that she served it as a satay sauce after adding a little peanut butter. This is a thin sauce, so if you prefer a thick sauce then you may want to reduce it before serving. You shouldn't let chicken breasts marinate for hours. Chicken breasts are naturally tender, so marinating simply adds flavor. You don't need the brine of marinade to break down the protein. It's best to choose bold ingredients and avoid soaking the delicate meat in acidic liquids for too long - it may become stringy and tough.
Provided by Julianna Grimes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine coconut milk, soy sauce, fresh lime juice, fresh ginger, Thai chile paste, sugar, and shallots. Reserve 1/2 cup coconut mixture; pour remaining coconut mixture in a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken breast halves; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade in bag. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Add chicken to pan; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with reserved coconut sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205, Fat 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 510 mg
THAI COCONUT CHICKEN
With classic Thai flavors in a creamy coconut milk sauce, this Thai Coconut Chicken is both mouth-watering and easy to make! Enjoy this explosion of flavor over white rice for a quick and easy weeknight dinner ready in 30 minutes!
Provided by Amy
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, peanut butter, chili garlic sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, coriander, and cumin. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook, undisturbed for 1 minute to develop a crust. Then saute for 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the remaining vegetable oil to the skillet; toss in the broccoli and carrots. Saute for about 3 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet, along with any accumulated juices, and the ginger. Cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Give the sauce a stir and pour it into the skillet. Toss to coat only for 15-20 seconds to warm through. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately with cooked white rice and a sprinkle of chopped Thai basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 kcal, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 24 g, Fat 27 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 81 mg, Sodium 323 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 6 g, UnsaturatedFat 11 g, ServingSize 1 serving
THAI-STYLE CHICKEN IN COCONUT SAUCE
- In a large kettle heat the oil over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking and in it brown the chicken, patted dry, in batches, transferring it as it is browned to a plate. To the kettle add the gingerroot and the garlic and cook the mixture for 1 minute. Add the flour and the curry powder and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in the Sherry, the coconut cream, and the broth and bring the mixture to a boil, whisking. Add the black pepper, the chopped coriander, the soy sauce, the jalapeño, the chicken, and any juices that have accumulated on the plate and simmer the mixture, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the bell peppers and simmer the mixture, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooled through. Transfer the chicken with a slotted spoon to a serving dish and keep it warm. Boil the liquid until it is thickened and reduced to about 2 cups, skim off the fat, and season the sauce with salt and pepper and the lime juice. Nap the chicken with some of the sauce, garnish it with the coriander sprigs, and serve it with the rice.
COCONUT CURRY THAI CHICKEN
- For the sauce: In a medium bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients, whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- For the chicken: Cook the whole wheat linguine al dente according to box directions. Drain and rinse under cold water and spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray so it does not stick and set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and add onions. Cook until translucent and beginning to brown, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and stir in curry powder. Saute chicken until lightly brown. Add the peanut butter and allow it to melt to coat the chicken.
- Add the roasted red peppers, water chestnuts and scallions and season with salt and pepper as you like. Saute for a few minutes just to release flavor.
- Pour the coconut curry sauce over the chicken and vegetables and stir gently. Cook just until warmed through and thickened a bit, about 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, as needed. Garnish with chopped mint and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
- SUZY'S SERVING OPTIONS: (Serves four or more ? can be doubled easily)
- Family Style ? Put linguine in a large deep platter or decorative bowl and pour mixture over the top. Toss gently with tongs. Garnish with fresh lime juice, and chopped scallions or herbs.
- Low Carb Diets ? On a large dinner plate place Boston lettuce leaves in a fan covering the entire plate. Place 1/4 of the chicken mixture on top and drizzle with fresh lime juice and garnish with scallions. The sauce will form a natural salad dressing for the lettuce.
- Individual Plates: Each serving is 2 oz. dry pasta and 1/4 of the chicken mixture. Garnish it with fresh lime juice, a lime wedge and scallions or herbs. Serve it on a small exotic plate for added presentation.
- NOTE: You may substitute shrimp or tofu for the chicken and it is equally delicious!!
THAI CHICKEN CURRY IN COCONUT MILK
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat; heat the curry paste in the oil about 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook another 3 minutes. Stir in the onion, bell pepper, lemon zest, coconut milk, fish sauce, and lemon juice; bring to a boil; cook until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle cilantro over the dish; stir. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268.8 calories, Carbohydrate 6.4 g, Cholesterol 80.9 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 30.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 378.6 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
THAI HOT CHICKEN & COCONUT CURRY
It turns out great with just plain white rice served with it. It's spicy so you can cut down on the chillies. It is quick to make since these things are usually in the fridge and not much cutting required. If you want you can add a few veggies.
Provided by Rhea_k
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put coconut milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes until a little thick. Stir in red curry paste and garlic and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pcs and add them to the pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add the lime juice, fish sauce, chillies, turmeric and salt.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or till chicken is cooked. You can add a little water if the sauce looks dry.
- Stir in basil and cilantro, adjust salt and serve with white rice. (if using dry basil leaves let it simmer for 2 more minutes).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 451, Fat 36.8, SaturatedFat 26.2, Cholesterol 51.8, Sodium 1259.3, Carbohydrate 16, Fiber 4, Sugar 10.8, Protein 18
THAI COCONUT CHICKEN
- mix everything for marinade
- put in chicken chill overnight
- grill basting with sauce
- can cook down marinade for sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486.9, Fat 34.8, SaturatedFat 22.7, Cholesterol 92.8, Sodium 1112.4, Carbohydrate 11.8, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 4.3, Protein 34.6
More about "thai style chicken in coconut sauce recipes"
THAI COCONUT CHICKEN AND RICE - FOODIECRUSH .COM
THAI-STYLE COCONUT CHICKEN | DINNER IDEAS | DINNER RECIPES | EASY ...
CHEESECAKE FACTORY'S ORIGINAL THAI COCONUT LIME CHICKEN RECIPE
COCONUT POPCORN CHICKEN WITH SWEET THAI CHILI LIME SAUCE.
THAI-STYLE RED CHICKEN CURRY - ONCE UPON A CHEF
THAI COCONUT LIME CHICKEN RECIPE | GET INSPIRED EVERYDAY!
AMAZING SLOW COOKER THAI PEANUT CHICKEN - FIVEHEARTHOME
THAI COCONUT CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
BEST THAI CHICKEN WITH CILANTRO LIME COCONUT SAUCE RECIPES
THAI RED COCONUT CHICKEN - A SAUCY KITCHEN
THAI CHICKEN IN CREAMY COCONUT SAUCE - LEAN BELLAS KITCHEN
COCONUT CRUSTED CHICKEN W/ THAI CHILI - THE BEWITCHIN' KITCHEN
THAI CHICKEN CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
10 BEST SPICY THAI SAUCE FOR CHICKEN RECIPES - YUMMLY
A FANSTASTIC THAI COCONUT CHICKEN RECIPE TO TRY | EASY THAI RECIPES
THAI ROAST CHICKEN THIGHS WITH COCONUT RICE RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
THAI-STYLE CHICKEN IN COCONUT SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
THAI STYLE COCONUT CHICKEN RECIPES (225) - COOKPAD
THAI CHICKEN CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK | EASY ONE-PAN RECIPE
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH THAI COCONUT SAUCE
THAI COCONUT CHICKEN RECIPE - AN EASY, HEALTHY & FAST DINNER …
CHICKEN IN COCONUT SAUCE RECIPE
THAI-STYLE CHICKEN IN COCONUT SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THAI-STYLE COCONUT CHICKEN SOUP - DELICIOUS SOUP RECIPE
THAI COCONUT GRILLED CHICKEN - COOKING CLASSY
TOP 10 THAI CHICKEN RECIPES TO TRY IN YOUR KITCHEN
EASY THAI CHICKEN - DAMN DELICIOUS
CREAMY COCONUT CHICKEN (HOW TO MAKE AHEAD, FREEZE, ETC)
THAI COCONUT LIME CHICKEN | CHICKEN.CA
THAI COCONUT CURRY CHICKEN MEATBALLS - SERVING DUMPLINGS
THAI CHICKEN COCONUT CURRY - GIMME DELICIOUS
THAI-STYLE CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT-TAMARIND DIPPING SAUCE …
COCONUT CHICKEN WITH THAI SAUCE RECIPE - OUR PALEO LIFE
AUTHENTIC THAI GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THAI COCONUT LIME CHICKEN - LOVE FOOD NOURISH
COCONUT MARINATED CHICKEN (GRILL, STOVE) | RECIPETIN EATS
THAI COCONUT CURRY CHICKEN - DAMN DELICIOUS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Thai coconut chicken?While many people automatically think of curry when talking about Thai food, this Thai Coconut Chicken is a little different. It’s similar to a curry, with vegetables and a coconut milk base, but contains no ground curry or paste.
How to cook chicken in coconut curry sauce?Saute chicken until lightly brown. Add the peanut butter and allow it to melt to coat the chicken. Add the roasted red peppers, water chestnuts and scallions and season with salt and pepper as you like. Saute for a few minutes just to release flavor. Pour the coconut curry sauce over the chicken and vegetables and stir gently.
How to cook chicken in coconut oil?Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over a medium high heat on the stove. Add the chicken breasts and cook each side for 5-7 minutes or until browned on each side. Remove the chicken from a skillet and set aside on a plate. The chicken doesn't need to be fully cooked yet because you'll be returning it to the heat shortly.
How do you cook coconut lime sauce for chicken?This creamy coconut lime sauce simply envelopes the chicken and makes for the tastiest easy dinner paired with steamed rice and some roasted broccoli! Preheat a 9″ skillet (I use cast iron) over medium high heat. When the pan is hot but not smoking, add 1 tablespoon of the oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.