BEST BIG, FAT, CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.7 calories, Carbohydrate 40.1 g, Cholesterol 42 mg, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 110.7 mg, Sugar 27.7 g
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks. The second is to let the dough rest overnight or longer for a more complex, toffee-like flavor. Lastly, use an ice cream scooper to get even-sized cookies every time. And that's it! With these little tweaks, the result is a cookie that's textured on the outside, and soft and gooey on the inside. Absolutely perfect!
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 12 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to overmix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies).
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273 calories, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 23 grams
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together partially melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Gently fold in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup (yes, these are BIG cookies) at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are just starting to turn a golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 kcal, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Cholesterol 37 mg, Sodium 95 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 22 g, ServingSize 1 serving
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
We skipped the white sugar and went all in with dark brown sugar, which gives our cookies the ideal chewiness and perfect level of sweetness. Paired with the right amount of semisweet chocolate chips, this treat is a definite winner. The recipe makes a lot of cookies, but in our opinion, this is never a problem!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 3 1/2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. (Use the paddle attachment for a stand mixer.) Beat in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add the dry ingredients and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the dough and refrigerate at least 1 hour or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a 1-ounce ice cream scoop to scoop half the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Chill the remaining dough while you bake the first batch.
- Bake at 375 degrees until the cookies are golden around the edges but still soft in the middle, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Cool the baking sheets completely, then line with parchment paper and repeat the scooping and baking process with the remaining dough.
SOFT AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Chocolate chip cookies are a go-to favorite dessert, sweet snack, or after-school treat. This cookie-which is made in the soft and chewy style-gives you both the nostalgia of childhood bake sales and the satisfying, grown-up flavors of dark chocolate. After just three steps and a quick bake in the oven, the only thing you'll need is a glass of cold milk or frothy coffee.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the upper and lower third positions. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs; mix to combine. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon measure, drop heaping portions of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
CHEWY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
I got this recipe from my best friend, and we sat down and ate quite a few. You can not stop at one, they are very chocolaty and additive. YUMMY!
Provided by Tweety Grams
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 24-48 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cream together the butter, sugar, then add the eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the cocoa and add baking soda, salt and blend well.
- Add the flour into the creamed mixture and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.8 calories, Carbohydrate 38.9 g, Cholesterol 35.8 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 165.8 mg, Sugar 25.1 g
FLAT-AND-CHEWY CHOCOLATE-CHIP COOKIES
It is with great trepidation that I offer three classic recipes, hoping to suit the three schools of chocolate-chip cookiedom. (Try the crisp and gooey versions to compare.) This version is perfect for dunking in milk, and miles ahead of anything found in a plastic sleeve. Note that this recipe uses two eggs, directly between the crisp version's omission and the gooey version's use of three.
Provided by Amanda Hesser
Yield Makes 30 to 35 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy, 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Add the flour mixture all at once and blend until a dough forms. Fold in the chocolate and walnuts. Chill the dough for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325. Roll 2 1/2 -tablespoon lumps of dough into balls, then place on the baking sheet and flatten to 1/2 -inch-thick disks spaced 2 inches apart. Chill the dough between batches. Bake until the edges are golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheet, then transfer to a baking rack.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 179, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 24 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 94 milligrams, Sugar 17 grams, TransFat 0 grams
WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
There's not much to say...the name says it all. These are better than Toll House in our book. I make these every Christmas and it is my standard Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Provided by Karen..
Yield 6 dozen cookies, 72 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Roll into 1 1/4" balls and place on non-stick cookie sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Enjoy these chewy chocolate chip cookies with a cup of tea. If you have time, leave the dough overnight for the best flavour and texture
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix the butter and sugar together using an electric whisk or hand whisk until very light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla. Fold in the flour, baking powder, chocolate and ¼ tsp salt as quickly as you can. Don't overwork the dough as this will toughen the cookies.
- For the best flavour, leave the mixture overnight: either cover the bowl and chill, or roll the mixture into balls and chill.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line two baking sheets with parchment. Divide the mixture into balls, the craggier the balls, the rougher the cookies will look. If you want to give the dough more texture, tear the balls in half and squidge them lightly back together. Space out evenly on the baking sheets, leaving enough space between each to allow for spreading.
- Bake the fresh cookies for 8-10 mins and the chilled ones for 10-12 mins, or until browned and a little crisp at the edges but still very soft in the middle - they will harden a little as they cool. Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes before eating warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Will keep for three days in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 18 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
More about "the best chewy chocolate chip cookies recipes"
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (636)Calories 250 per servingCategory Desserts
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - A SASSY SPOON
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THICK, CHEWY, HUGE!
30 MINUTE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - FAMILY COOKIE RECIPES
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
GIANT CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - MOM ON TIMEOUT
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - AVERIE COOKS
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING …
BEST EVER CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THE BUSY BAKER
BEST CHOCOLATE COOKING RECIPE: AWARD WINNING SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP …
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CRISPY CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - COOKIES AND CUPS
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH VIDEO! - SCIENTIFICALLY …
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - FOODGRID.CO
THE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
MRS. FIELDS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES – COPYCAT RECIPE
THIS IS HOW TO MAKE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - TASTE OF HOME
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (EASY SOFT CHEWY ) - CAFE DELITES
MY FAVORITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | LIL' LUNA
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - BROWN EYED BAKER
SOFT AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - INSANELY GOOD
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (NO-MIXER)
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | BLESS THIS MESS
SOFT CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE EASY
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - SOFT & CHEWY!
THE INTERNET'S BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE
BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - CRAZY FOR CRUST
THE BEST SOFT & CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - WHISKING UP YUM
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! | GIMME SOME OVEN
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - BUZZFEED
THE BEST RECIPE FOR CLASSIC BUTTERY, CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - PICKY PALATE
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
THE BEST CHEWY CAFé-STYLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
You'll also love