THE BEST COFFEE & WALNUT CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Grease and line the bases of 2 round 20cm cake tins.
- In a food processor, blitz two-thirds of the nuts to powder. Cube, then cream the butter in a bowl with the sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs then add the blitzed walnuts and gently stir through.
- Fold the flour, baking powder and a pinch of sea salt through with a large metal spoon until just incorporated.
- Roughly chop the rest of the walnuts and stir through the cake mixture along with the espresso.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the cake tins and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Cool the cakes in the tins for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the filling, cube and put the butter in a bowl. Sift in the icing sugar, beat until fluffy, then beat in the coffee.
- For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and beat in the coffee to make a thick, smooth icing.
- Place one of the cakes on a plate or board and spread with the coffee filling. Top with the second cake and drizzle over the icing.
- Decorate the cake with the remaining walnuts as they are, or lightly caramelised. To do this, melt sugar over a medium heat, without stirring, then carefully toss the nuts in briefly to coat. Cool the nuts on a wire rack before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390 calories, Fat 22.5 g fat, SaturatedFat 11.2 g saturated fat, Protein 4.2 g protein, Carbohydrate 42.4 g carbohydrate, Sugar 33.4 g sugar, Sodium 0 g salt, Fiber 0 g fibre
COFFEE & WALNUT CAKE
The classic combo is made extra sumptuous with mascarpone frosting - a traditional sponge for cake sales and parties
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Yield Cuts into 10 slices
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter 2 x 20cm springform cake tins and line with baking parchment. Set aside 2 tbsp of the coffee for the filling.
- Beat the butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, vanilla and half the remaining coffee in a large bowl with an electric whisk until lump-free. Fold in the finely chopped walnuts, then divide between the tins and roughly spread. Scatter the roughly chopped walnuts over one of the cakes. Bake the cakes for 25-30 mins until golden and risen, and a skewer poked in comes out clean. Drizzle the plain cake with the remaining coffee. Cool the cakes in the tins.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: beat together the icing sugar, cream and mascarpone, then fold in the reserved 2 tbsp coffee. Spread over the plain cake, then cover with the walnut-topped cake and dust with a little icing sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 620 calories, Fat 41 grams fat, SaturatedFat 22 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 55 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 36 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
INCREDIBLY MOIST COFFEE-WALNUT SNACK CAKE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oven to 350 F/180 C/Gas 4. Grease and flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
- With a food processor or food chopper, finely chop 1/2 cup of the walnuts. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; blend thoroughly and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer , beat the 4 ounces of softened butter with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Blend in the vanilla.
- In a measuring cup, combine the milk with the 3 tablespoons of espresso or coffee.
- With the mixer on low speed, blend in the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk and espresso mixture. Blend well.
- Fold in the finely chopped walnuts.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched with a finger. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, blend the confectioners' sugar with the 2 tablespoons of butter and the cream cheese.
- Beat in the strong espresso or coffee, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the frosting is fluffy and spreadable. Add more confectioners' sugar if it becomes too thin.
- Coarsely chop the remaining 1/4 cup of walnuts.
- Spread frosting over the top and sides of the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle the coarsely chopped walnuts over the top of the cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372 kcal, Carbohydrate 47 g, Cholesterol 72 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 230 mg, Sugar 32 g, Fat 19 g, ServingSize 8 to 10 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
WALNUT COFFEE CAKE
This has been in the family some time. I am now a great-grandmother myself (I have one little great-granddaughter; in addition, I have three grandchildren and a son), and it's one of the recipes that my mother used to make long ago. I've lived on the farm where I was brought up all my life. I am a jack-of-all-trades in the kitchen, and my husband and I both enjoy hunting. -Beatrice Richard, Posen, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in walnuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan., For the topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over coffee cake. , Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383 calories, Fat 22g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 220mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
THE ULTIMATE MAKEOVER: COFFEE WALNUT CAKE
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Oil and bottom-line a 20cm round (6cm deep) loose-bottom tin. For the cake, mix the coffee with 2 tsp warm water and set aside. Tip the flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the baking powder, ground almonds, both sugars (use fingers to rub out any lumps from the muscovado) and walnuts, then make a dip in the centre. Put the eggs, yogurt, oil and coffee mix into the dip and stir the mixture with a wooden spoon so everything is evenly mixed. Spoon the mixture into the tin, smooth the top to level it, then bake for 40-45 mins, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the tin briefly, then turn it out and peel off the lining paper. Leave to cool completely while you make the filling and icing.
- Make the syrup for the filling: put the caster sugar and coffee into a small, heavy-based saucepan, then pour in 3 tbsp water. Heat gently, stirring to help the sugar dissolve. Once dissolved, raise the heat, then boil at a fast rolling boil for about 2½-3 mins until thickened and syrupy. Pour into a small heatproof bowl and set aside to cool. When cold it should be the consistency of treacle.
- Meanwhile, finish off the filling and make the icing. Beat the mascarpone, quark, icing sugar and vanilla together until smooth, then stir in the cold coffee syrup. Set aside. For the icing, sift the fondant icing sugar into a bowl. Mix the coffee with 1 tbsp warm water, stir this into the fondant icing sugar with about 1 more tsp water to give a smooth, thick but spreadable icing. Split the cake into 3, then sandwich back together with the filling. Spread the icing over the top, scatter over the chopped walnuts and leave to set. Store in the fridge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 45 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 30 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.43 milligram of sodium
More about "the best coffee walnut cake recipes"
THE BEST COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE YOU WILL EVER MAKE
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE, A CLASSIC BRITISH CAKE FOR …
COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE RECIPE | KITCHN | KITCHN
MARY BERRY'S COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE (WITH EXTRA CRUMB) - SALLY'S BAKING …
COFFEE AND WALNUT LOAF CAKE RECIPE - HEALTHY LIFE TRAINER
THE BEST COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE | CLASSIC CAKE RECIPE
TOP 50 BEST APPLE WALNUT CAKE RECIPE RECIPES
26 SIMPLE LOAF CAKE RECIPES - WHIMSY & SPICE
LEFTOVER CRANBERRY SAUCE COFFEE CAKE - PEAS AND CRAYONS
20 EASY WALNUT CAKE RECIPES TO TRY TODAY | INSANELYRECIPES
COFFEE AND WALNUT LAYER CAKE | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
MARY BERRY'S COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
20 EASY WALNUT CAKE RECIPES TO TRY TODAY - INSANELY GOOD
COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE RECIPE | KITCHENWARE.COM.AU BLOG
COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
COFFEE AND WALNUT CHRISTMAS CAKE RECIPE
15 BEST SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE BUNDT RECIPE
COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE RECIPE GREAT BRITISH CHEFS RECIPES
15+ EASY HOLIDAY CAKE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
THE BEST COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE RECIPE - BAKED BY CLAIRE
FABULOUS CHRISTMAS DESSERTS RECIPES | WALLPAPER
THE BEST VEGAN COFFEE & WALNUT CAKE - WALLFLOWER KITCHEN
COFFEE WALNUT DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CAKE : R/VEGETARIANRECIPES
EASY COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE RECIPE - SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
QUICK AND EASY COFFEE WALNUT CAKE RECIPE | COLES
COFFEE AND WALNUT CAKE | RECIPES | NATIONAL TRUST
THE 12 BEST CAKE STANDS OF 2022 - FOODANDWINE.COM
You'll also love