- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the zest and juice of the oranges and lemon in a large bowl. Peel, quarter, and core the apples (reserving the peel of 2 of the red apples) and toss them in the juice. Pour the apples, reserved apple peel, and juice into a nonreactive Dutch oven or enameled iron pot. Add the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and allspice and cover the pot. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until all the apples are soft. Remove and discard the red apple peel. Mix with a whisk until smooth, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 114, Fat 2.5 grams, SaturatedFat 1.5 grams, Cholesterol 6 milligrams, Sodium 3 milligrams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 1 grams, Sugar 21 grams
EASY HOMEMADE CHUNKY APPLESAUCE
Here's a comforting, home-style treat that never loses its appeal. Dish up big bowlfuls and wait for the smiles! -Marilee Cardinal, Burlington, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Peel, core and cut each apple into 8 wedges. Cut each wedge crosswise in half; place in a large saucepan. Add remaining ingredients., Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until desired consistency is reached, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 0 sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
BEST APPLESAUCE EVER
- Peel, Core and quarter apples.
- Place in crockpot add juice- Cook on High 4-5 hours or low overnight.
- Add vanilla extract cook on low 2-3 hours.
- Thats it!
- Serve hot w/ vanilla ice cream for a treat or cold as a side dish. I mix it with unflavored yogurt or oatmeal.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.9, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 3.5, Carbohydrate 45.9, Fiber 7.7, Sugar 34.7, Protein 0.9
More about "the best homemade applesauce recipes"
HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (40)Total Time 45 minsCategory SnackCalories 201 per serving
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover.
- Cook 15-20 minutes or until apples are very tender. Remove lid and simmer an additional 5 minutes to thicken.
- Mash apples with a masher for a chunky consistency or blend/puree with an immersion blender for a smooth consistency.
5 EASY TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
THE BEST HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE - PAULA DEEN
Servings 1Total Time 10 mins
BEST HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BEST HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE APPLESAUCE
THE BEST EASY HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE • MIDGETMOMMA
HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
EASY STOVETOP APPLESAUCE (IN LESS THAN 1 HOUR) - A BAKING JOURNEY
HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE - THE ART OF FOOD AND WINE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE EVER!
BEST APPLESAUCE RECIPES: HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE AND …
PERFECT HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE
BEST EASY HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE | SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
RECIPE TO USE APPLESAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE BEST HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE (SUPER EASY AND NO SUGAR!)
THE BEST APPLESAUCE YOU'VE EVER HAD! - THE HERITAGE COOK
THE BEST HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE | THEBESTDESSERTRECIPES.COM
BEST HOMEMADE APPLE SAUCE RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
APPLESAUCE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE FOR GUT HEALTH AND LEAKY GUT
HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
WATCH: 3 TRICKS FOR THE BEST HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE EVER
HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE - BETTER THAN STORE BOUGHT
BEST THE PIONEER WOMAN'S APPLESAUCE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST APPLE SAUCE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
BEST HOMEMADE CHUNKY APPLESAUCE - RECIPE BY FRESH IS REAL
PERFECT HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE (3 METHODS!) | ELIZABETH RIDER
17 RECIPES WITH APPLESAUCE – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
(THE BEST) RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE - ALLERGY A LA MODE
BEST HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE | OTTAWA MOMMY CLUB
THE BEST 2 INGREDIENT HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE
EASY HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
RECIPE APPLESAUCE BEST RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE APPLESAUCE - THE SEASONED MOM
16 EASY RECIPES WITH APPLESAUCE - INSANELY GOOD
24 BEST APPLESAUCE RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE APPLESAUCE
THE BEST APPLESAUCE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
10 BEST RECIPES WITH APPLESAUCE – A COUPLE COOKS
HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE RECIPE (& VIDEO) - GEMMA'S BIGGER …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE WITH NO ADDED …
FROZEN APPLESAUCE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
HOW TO MAKE APPLESAUCE - COOKIE AND KATE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make applesauce with apples?Everyone will love it. There is nothing better than homemade applesauce with hand-picked apples, and it is so easy to do! If you want chunky applesauce, use a potato masher to mash the cooked apples. If you prefer smooth apple sauce, run the cooked apples through a food mill. The key is adding a few strips of lemon peel to the apples while cooking.
What is the best apple to use for applesauce?Most people prefer slightly sweeter, red apples, but the process of making applesauce also makes the apples taste sweeter. You’ll want to use organic apples for the greatest flavor and health benefits. Ripe apples are best, but it doesn’t matter if the apples are slightly bruised.
How much sugar do you put in applesauce?We use only a little sugar, plus lemon juice, salt and cinnamon, providing a balanced flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness. Combine the apples, sugar, 1 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large pot.
How long do you cook apples for apple sauce?Sprinkle over the sugar and place the pan over a low to medium heat. Place a lid on the pan and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until the apples break down and turn into a thick sauce (it's nice to still have a few lumps of apple in there). Turn off the heat and serve.