RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and base-line and grease a deep 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Blitz the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract in a food processor until well combined.
- Spread half the mix over the cake tin and smooth over the top. Scatter the raspberries over, then dollop the remaining cake mixture on top and roughly spread - you might find this easier to do with your fingers. Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 50 mins until golden. Cool, remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 35 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE
This recipe from BBC Good Food is a great way to use up leftover raspberries but you can do as I did and use frozen. It is lovely served for dessert or afternoon tea with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Irmgard
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9" springform pan.
- Blitz the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla in a food processor until well combined.
- Spread half of the mixture over the bottom of the cake pan and smooth the top.
- Scatter the raspberries over, then dollop the remaining cake mixture on top and roughly spread - use your fingers if necessary.
- Scatter with the flaked almonds and bake for 50 minutes until golden.
- Cool, remove from the cake pan and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406.5, Fat 25.8, SaturatedFat 10.3, Cholesterol 91, Sodium 345.2, Carbohydrate 38.7, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 20.3, Protein 8
RASPBERRY RED BAKEWELL TART
I fell for the Bakewell tart, a British dessert, while stationed in Dubai with the Navy. Jam with almond filling is traditional, but red velvet makes this a holiday dazzler. -Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim even with rim. Freeze 10 minutes., Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown., Remove foil and weights; brush bottom of crust with egg white. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack., Spread jam over bottom of crust. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in eggs, egg yolk, cocoa and food coloring. Fold in ground almonds. Spread over jam., Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely on a wire rack., In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, water and extract until smooth; drizzle or pipe over tart. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404 calories, Fat 20g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 92mg cholesterol, Sodium 181mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (42g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL TART WITH BURNT CREAM
- For crust:
- Blend first 4 ingredients in processor. Add butter; cut in using on/off turns until mixture resembles fine meal. Blend in enough water by tablespoons to bind dough. Gather into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic; chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough on floured surface to 11-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Trim edges. Freeze crust 15 minutes. Line with foil. Fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake until set, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and beans and bake crust until golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.)
- For filling:
- Place cream in heavy medium saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean.
- Bring to simmer. Whisk sugar, yolks and cornstarch in small bowl to blend. Slowly whisk hot cream into yolk mixture. Return to saucepan and cook over medium heat until custard thickens and boils, whisking often, about 7 minutes. Discard vanilla bean. Chill until firm but still spoonable, whisking occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Spread preserves in crust. Carefully spoon custard over. Refrigerate until custard is firm, 4 to 8 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Press brown sugar through sieve over tart, covering evenly. Broil until sugar caramelizes, rotating pan as necessary to prevent burning and watching carefully. Chill 1 hour. Transfer to platter. Garnish with berries and mint.
RASPBERRY AND ALMOND CAKE
This mouth-watering cake recipe combines the sweet and nutty flavour of almonds and combines them with the tangy and delightfully sweet taste of fresh raspberries. These flavours are delicious together and are reminiscent of a classic raspberry jam and almond Bakewell tart. The recipe is simple and easy to follow and is a must try for fans of the classic Bakewell tart.
Provided by Laksh joshi
Yield Serves 10
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pre heat the oven to 170°c (approx. 325°f) and line a 23cm cake in with parchment paper and grease with butter or non- stick spray.
- Place the ground almonds, butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer stand and fold in the self- raising flour until it is all folded in and no dry powder can be seen.
- Add both the vanilla and almond extracts and mix well.
- The mixture may seem dry and thick and not smooth like a cake batter should be, if this is the case add the milk one tablespoon at a time and mix between each addition of milk. You may need to use more or less milk than the recipe asks for depending on how thick your mixture is. The finished mix should be fairly smooth and have the consistency of any other typical cake batter.
- Once the mixture is ready, pour half of the batter into the prepared cake tin. Gently smooth the batter and spread it out evenly.
- Top the layer of cake batter with the fresh raspberries spreading them out evenly. Pour the remaining batter over the raspberries and spread it out so that no raspberries can be seen. It may be easier to spread the mixture out using your fingers instead of a spoon.
- Once the raspberries have been covered and the cake mixture has been evenly spread out, top the cake with the flaked almonds before using the back of a spoon to gently press the almonds into the cake so that they get stuck in the cake batter.
- Place in the middle of the oven for 50 minutes. Once the timer goes insert a skewer or tooth pick into the cake and it should come out clean (if the toothpick hits a raspberry it may come out wet, so try testing the cake with a toothpick a few times to double check)
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool further, it doesn't have to cool completely before eating.
- Dust with some icing sugar before serving. The cake tastes best whilst still slightly warm. It should be stored in an airtight container once it has cooled completely.
More about "raspberry bakewell cake recipes"
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING …
Reviews 22Category CakesCuisine BritishTotal Time 55 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350Fan/Gas mark 4. Grease and line the base and sides of a 2lb (900g) loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until very light and fluffy. Gradually add the beaten eggs, a little at a time until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the almond extract, then fold in the dry ingredients, followed by the milk. You should have a smooth batter. Carefully fold in the raspberries, taking care not to crush them too much.
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE - TRADITIONAL HOME BAKING
4.8/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Afternoon TeaCalories 533 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg Fan assisted. Grease and line the base and sides of an 8 inch (20cm) spring form cake tin with baking parchment. If using baking bands, start soaking them in a bowl of cold water or use to manufacturers instructions.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and almond extract until soft and lighter in colour.
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
VEGAN RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE - WALLFLOWER KITCHEN
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE - OAK COTTAGE RECIPES
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE - WHAT'S THE RECIPE TODAY
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL SLICE | ASK NIGELLA.COM | NIGELLA LAWSON
BAKEWELL CAKE (AKA RASPBERRY ALMOND CAKE)
BAKEWELL CAKE (RASPBERRY ALMOND CAKE) - LIV FOR CAKE
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL LOAF CAKE WITH ICING — GAYLE CHAPMAN'S KITCHEN
BAKEWELL CAKE WITH RASPBERRY CURD FILLING - HELLO! HOORAY!
HOW TO MAKE BAKEWELL TART – RECIPE | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
BERRY BAKEWELL CAKE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
BAKEWELL CAKE RECIPE BY CHEF RACHEL ALLEN - KFOODS RECIPES
EASY RASPBERRY CAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH - ALSO THE …
BAKEWELL CAKE RECIPE
VEGAN RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE RECIPE | YUMMLY
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE RECIPE
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE – YUMMY'S WORLD
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
RECIPE: TASTY RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE - THE CAKE BOUTIQUE
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL TART - EASY PEASY FOODIE
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE - CLAIRE PETULENGRO - FAMOUS ASTROLOGER
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE - BAKING HEAVEN
RACHEL ALLEN BAKEWELL CAKE WITH RASPBERRIES RECIPE ON RACHEL …
JULIET'S EASY BAKEWELL CAKE | THIS MORNING
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL TRAYBAKE RECIPE | DR. OETKER
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE · HOW TO BAKE A CAKE · RECIPES ON CUT …
BAKEWELL CAKE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE - SARAH COOKS
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE (GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE)
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE - CLAYTON’S COOKBOOK
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL TART RECIPE - TARTISTRY.COM DESSERTS
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE – CURLY'S COOKING
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE, GLUTEN AND DAIRY FREE | LUCY BEE SHOP …
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL TART SQUARES - APRIL J HARRIS
BAKEWELL SHORTBREAD BARS - FEASTING IS FUN
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
VEGAN BAKEWELL TART - DOMESTIC GOTHESS
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE – THE COOKBOOK LIFE
CHERRY BAKEWELL TRAYBAKE CAKE - PHOEBEBAKES.COM
RASPBERRY BAKEWELL CAKE – LESH KARAN
You'll also love