THEATER-STYLE BUTTERED POPCORN
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Movie theaters use butter-flavored oil, which has a lower water content than butter so it makes popcorn less soggy. Real clarified butter has the same effect. To make it, melt 2 sticks butter in a glass measuring cup in the microwave. Let sit for a few minutes; the butter will separate into 3 layers. Skim off the top layer of foam, then slowly pour the clarified butter into a heatproof container; discard the bottom layer of milk solids. Use 3 tablespoons hot clarified butter for 10 cups popcorn; refrigerate the rest (it's great for sauteeing).
Serve A-list snacks, and your next movie night (or game day) will win rave reviews. This recipe offers two deliciously different takes on popcorn: classic butter and a maple-cayenne kettle corn variation. You just need a medium stockpot with a lid to get popping.
Provided by Riley Wofford
Yield Makes about 12 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine all ingredients in a medium heavy pot (preferably cast iron). Heat over high, stirring, until butter melts. Cover, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook, undisturbed, until kernels begin popping rapidly.
- Offset lid to create a 1/8-inch vent along one side of pot; continue cooking until popping begins to subside, about 2 minutes. Transfer popcorn to a large bowl; toss until cooled slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve.
HOMESTYLE MOVIE THEATER POPCORN
My recipe for a movie-theater-good popcorn snack. An alternate version of this may be prepared, using 1/3-1/2 cup coconut oil before popping, then seasoning with fine sea salt or popcorn salt only, after popping.
Provided by The Spice Guru
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- FOR A NON-GREASY "POPPED-IN" BUTTER FLAVOR -- INCREASE POPPING OIL TO 1/3-1/2 CUP, THEN SKIP ADDING THE TOPPING OIL. FOR AN ALTERNATIVE VERSION, USE PURE EXPELLER-PRESSED COCONUT OIL AS THE ONLY OIL (ADD 1/3-1/2 CUP COCONUT OIL BEFORE POPPING, THEN SEASON WITH SALT).
- SELECT a large heavy-bottomed 3 quart pot with an accompanying lid and place over medium heat.
- ADD 1/4 cup Orville Redenbacher's Buttery Flavor Popping & Topping oil.
- DROP a 3 or 4 popcorn kernals into pot and cover; WAIT until at least one kernal pops.
- UNCOVER and add 1/2 cup popcorn.
- COVER again then swirl pot gently to saturate kernals.
- AFTER kernals begin to pop, shake pan every few seconds until popping slows down.
- TURN off heat when popping slows down.
- REMOVE from heat, remove lid and season popcorn immediately with salt.
- SERVE and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124.3, Fat 13.7, SaturatedFat 1.8, Sodium 0.1, Carbohydrate 0.8, Fiber 0.1, Protein 0.1
More about "theater style buttered popcorn recipes"
HOMEMADE MOVIE POPCORN (BUTTER POPCORN) | RECIPETIN …
5/5 (32)Total Time 20 minsCategory SnackCalories 134 per serving
- Place 3 tbsp Popcorn Butter in a large 10L/10qt lightweight pot over medium heat (medium high if weak stove).
- Place in a mortar and pestle and grind into a fine powder. OR use about 1/2 cup salt and blitz in food processor.
BETTER THAN MOVIE THEATER POPCORN • RECIPE FOR …
BUTTERED POPCORN RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
BUTTERY MOVIE THEATER POPCORN RECIPE | WHOLEFULLY
Reviews 408Calories 66 per servingCategory Snacks
- Place the butter in a glass measuring cup with a spout. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds until foamy. Let cool for 1-2 minutes, to allow the layers to separate.
- Using a spoon, gently scoop off the foamy top on the butter and discard (no need to be perfect, just get as much as you can). Set the butter aside while you make your popcorn.
- In a large soup pot with a lid, melt the coconut oil over high heat. Add in the popcorn kernels, and swirl to coat all the kernels.
- Shake the pot frequently to avoid burning. Once the first kernel pops (about a minute or two), immediately place the lid on the pot, but leave it ajar so steam can escape.
HOW MUCH BUTTER CAN YOU PUT IN POPCORN? - YOUTUBE
BUTTERY MOVIE THEATRE POPCORN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
OLD FASHIONED MOVIE THEATER POPCORN - RECIPE BLOG
THEATER STYLE BUTTERED POPCORN / THEATER BUTTER POPCORN
THEATER STYLE BUTTERED POPCORN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
MICROWAVE POPCORN BALLS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MOVIE THEATRE BUTTER POPCORN | FEAST + WEST
MOVIE THEATER POPCORN RECIPE — SALT & BAKER
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC "MOVIE THEATER" POPCORN - HAPPY HAUTE …
ULTIMATE MOVIE THEATRE-STYLE POPCORN - DAIRY FARMERS OF …
HOW TO MAKE MOVIE THEATER POPCORN AT HOME | ALLRECIPES
RECIPE: MOVIE-THEATER-STYLE BUTTERED POPCORN IN 4 MINUTES
POPCORN BUTTER RECIPE
POPCORN BUTTER RECIPE RECIPES
THIS IS THE REAL SECRET TO MAKING MOVIE THEATER POPCORN AT HOME
MAKING MOVIE THEATER POPCORN AT HOME | BUT BETTER - YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE MOVIE BUTTER FOR YOUR POPCORN: 9 STEPS (WITH PICTURES)
THEATER-STYLE BUTTERED POPCORN – RECIPES NETWORK
MOVIE THEATER POPCORN BUTTER RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BETTER THAN MOVIE THEATER POPCORN - BONLEMON KITCHEN
HERE'S A QUICK RECIPE FOR THEATRE-STYLE BUTTER POPCORN TO MUNCH …
HOW TO COOK POPCORN THAT TASTES LIKE MOVIE THEATER POPCORN?
POPCORN MOVIE BUTTER - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE MOVIE THEATER POPCORN WITH POPCORN MACHINE …
BUTTER POPCORN RECIPE
FANCY POPCORN RECIPES: THEMED AFTER MOVIE GENRE
HOW TO MAKE THEATER BUTTER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MOVIE THEATER POPCORN (BUT BETTER) - JOSHUA WEISSMAN
BUTTERY MOVIE THEATER POPCORN RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SALTED POPCORN RECIPE - SHARMIS PASSIONS
MOVIE THEATER POPCORN • FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
BUTTER POPCORN RECIPE | BUTTER RECIPE1
☀ IS POPCORN GLUTEN FREE MOVIE THEATER - DANNY'S BLOG
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BUTTERY, MOVIE-STYLE POPCORN
MOVIE POPCORN BUTTER RECIPE RECIPES
BEST THEATRE-STYLE BUTTERED POPCORN RECIPES | FOOD …
POPCORN RECIPE IN KADAI - 3 WAYS | CARAMEL & MOVIE THEATRE BUTTER …
WHAT IS IN MOVIE THEATER POPCORN BUTTER? | MYRECIPES
MOVIE THEATRE BUTTER RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
HOW TO MAKE MOVIE THEATRE POPCORN AT HOME | CORNPOPPER.CA
You'll also love