THYME-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
When you want the height of flavor but don't want to fool with a whole bird, roast a turkey breast. Basted with a thyme and apple juice sauce, this one's moist and full of flavor.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 325°F. On rack in large shallow roasting pan, place turkey breast, skin side up. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of breast and does not touch bone.
- Roast uncovered 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Brush one-third of apple juice mixture over turkey.
- Roast 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes longer, brushing generously with apple juice mixture every 30 minutes, until thermometer reads at least 165°F. Cover with foil; let stand 15 minutes for easiest carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 180 mg, Sugar 1 g, TransFat 0 g
SHALLOT AND THYME-RUBBED ROASTED TURKEY
Provided by Food Network
Yield 30 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Position oven rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 350F. Place shallots, garlic and thyme sprigs in a small ovenproof baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Cover dish with foil and bake until shallots are very tender but not brown, about one hour. Uncover and cool 30 minutes.
- Place garlic, half of shallots and oil in work bowl of a food processor. Add chopped thyme, mustard, salt and pepper. Process until almost smooth. Transfer paste to a small bowl. Shallot paste can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to four days.
- Rinse turkey inside and out with cold running water and pat dry. Starting at the neck end, carefully slide your hand between the turkey's skin and breast to loosen skin. Spread a half cup of shallot paste under skin and over breast meat. Tuck wings underneath the body of the turkey and tie legs together loosely with kitchen twine or dental floss so the turkey will hold its shape. Place turkey on a small wire rack set inside a large roasting pan. Spread a half cup of shallot paste all over the outside of the turkey neck, gizzard and heart and place onion, celery and thyme sprigs in the pan around turkey.
- Bring a cup of the wine and two cups of the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Pour boiling liquid into bottom of roasting pan. Cover breast loosely with foil and place turkey in oven. Roast for one and a half hours. Add a cup of the broth and a cup of wine to the pan and roast turkey another 30 minutes. Remove foil and add a cup broth to pan.
- Continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh registers 175 degrees F, another one to one and a half hours. During roasting, cover exposed parts of turkey with foil as needed to prevent over-browning and add more broth if pan juices evaporate.
- Remove turkey from oven and transfer to a platter. Tent turkey loosely with foil and let rest 30 minutes - its internal temperature will rise another 5-10 degrees. Reserving drippings and discard neck, gizzard and heart. Place turkey on a serving platter, carve and serve with gravy.
THYME ROASTED TURKEY
It's easy for flavors to get lost when using too many seasonings together. When in doubt, a simple combination of butter and fresh thyme captures the essence of Thanksgiving for a classic turkey dinner. -Alma Winberry, Great Falls, Montana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, thyme, salt and pepper. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from turkey breast; rub half of the butter mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Rub outside of turkey with remaining butter mixture. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together., Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly., Discard toothpicks. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts :
ROAST TURKEY WITH FRESH THYME RUB AND MAPLE GLAZE
- Heat oven to 325°F. Fasten neck skin to back of turkey with skewer. Fold wings across back of turkey so tips are touching. On rack in shallow roasting pan, place turkey, breast side up.
- In small bowl, mix thyme, salt, allspice, pepper and oil. Rub thyme mixture over turkey. Tuck legs under band of skin at tail (if present), or tie together with heavy string. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer into turkey so tip is in thickest part of inside thigh and does not touch bone.
- Roast uncovered 1 hour. When turkey begins to turn golden brown, place tent of heavy-duty foil over turkey. Roast 2 hours 30 minutes longer.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter on High 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in maple syrup.
- Cut band of skin or remove tie holding legs to allow inside of thighs to cook through. Brush turkey with butter-syrup mixture; roast uncovered 20 to 30 minutes longer, brushing with butter-syrup mixture again after 10 minutes.
- Turkey is done when thermometer reads 165°F and drumsticks move easily when lifted or twisted. Place turkey on warm platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Let stand 15 minutes for easiest carving. Garnish with thyme sprigs, apricot slices and cherries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 150 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 45 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 340 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 g
LEMON-HERB ROASTED TURKEY
Lemon and thyme are the predominant flavors in this golden, tender and moist turkey that has just six ingredients. It's so easy, we guarantee success! -Felicia Smith, Georgetown, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and minced thyme. Pat turkey dry. Sprinkle salt and pepper over skin of turkey and inside cavity; brush with butter mixture. Place the lemon, onion, garlic and thyme sprigs inside cavity. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together., Place flour in oven bag and shake to coat. Place bag in a roasting pan; add turkey to bag, breast side up. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close bag with tie provided., Bake at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°. Remove turkey to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy. Freeze option: Freeze cooled turkey and gravy in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered skillet, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525 calories, Fat 27g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 230mg cholesterol, Sodium 489mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 64g protein.
HERBED ROASTED TURKEY
This traditional holiday bird brings much more to the table than just great taste. Our version, which is packed with protein, is rubbed with a blend of parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme, and garlic.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in lowest position. Remove packet of giblets and neck from cavity. Discard liver. Rinse remaining giblets and neck; refrigerate until ready to make broth.
- Turn turkey on its back and bend wing tips forward and underneath neck cavity of bird so they stay in place (you may have to break the bones).
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme, garlic, 4 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Using your fingers, carefully loosen skin of breast and around thighs and rub herb mixture under skin of both.
- Season cavity with salt and pepper and loosely fill with lemons and rosemary sprigs. Using cotton kitchen twine, tie legs together so bird retains its shape and moisture during cooking.
- Pour cider in bottom of pan. Set roasting rack on top. Lift turkey onto rack, breast side up; rub with remaining tablespoon oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Tent turkey loosely with foil. Roast 1 hour. Uncover and continue to roast, basting frequently with pan juices, until an instant read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh (avoiding bone) registers 170 degrees, 2 1/2 to 3 hours more. (Temperature will rise about 10 degrees as turkey rests.) Tent with foil if browning too quickly; add water if pan becomes dry. Cover loosely with foil, and let stand 30 minutes before carving. Serve with roasted vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 728 g, Fat 38 g, Protein 89 g
ROSEMARY ROASTED TURKEY
This recipe makes your turkey moist and full of flavor. You can also use this recipe for Cornish game hens, chicken breasts or roasting chicken. Select a turkey sized according to the amount of people you will be serving.
Provided by Star Pooley
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Wash the turkey inside and out; pat dry. Remove any large fat deposits. Loosen the skin from the breast. This is done by slowly working your fingers between the breast and the skin. Work it loose to the end of the drumstick, being careful not to tear the skin.
- Using your hand, spread a generous amount of the rosemary mixture under the breast skin and down the thigh and leg. Rub the remainder of the rosemary mixture over the outside of the breast. Use toothpicks to seal skin over any exposed breast meat.
- Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan. Add about 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of the pan. Roast in the preheated oven 3 to 4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the bird reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 596.5 calories, Carbohydrate 0.8 g, Cholesterol 198.3 mg, Fat 33.7 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 68.1 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 165.1 mg
THYME-ROASTED TURKEY WITH GINGERSNAP GRAVY
- For thyme butter:
- Mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. (Thyme butter can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.)
- For turkey:
- Set rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 350°F. Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels. Discard any pieces of fat from cavities. Sprinkle main cavity of turkey with salt and pepper. Starting at neck end, carefully slide hand between skin and breast meat to loosen skin. Spread 3 tablespoons thyme butter over breast meat under skin. If stuffing turkey, spoon stuffing into neck and main cavities. If not stuffing, place 6 thyme sprigs and 1/2 cup onions in main cavity. Tuck wing tips under; tie legs together to hold shape. Place turkey on rack set in large roasting pan. Rub 4 tablespoons thyme butter over outside of turkey. Cover turkey breast loosely with foil. Scatter 2 1/2 cups onions and reserved turkey parts in pan around turkey. Pour 2 cups broth into pan.
- Roast turkey 1 1/2 hours, lifting foil to baste with pan juices every 30 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups broth to roasting pan. Roast turkey 30 minutes; baste with pan juices. Add 1 cup broth to pan. Remove foil. Continue to roast turkey until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 175°F, basting turkey with pan juices every 30 minutes and adding 1/2 cup broth to pan if juices evaporate, about 1 hour longer for unstuffed turkey and 1 hour 30 minutes longer for stuffed. Transfer turkey to platter. Brush turkey with remaining thyme butter. Tent turkey loosely with foil; let stand 30 minutes (internal temperature of turkey will increase 5 to 10 degrees). Discard neck, gizzard, and heart from roasting pan. Strain turkey pan juices into large measuring cup. Spoon fat from top of pan juices; discard fat.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy:
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon chopped thyme, ginger, and cayenne; stir 1 minute. Add broth; increase heat to high and boil until liquid is reduced to 3 cups, about 12 minutes.
- Add turkey pan juices, gingersnap cookies, and any accumulated juices from turkey platter to gravy base in saucepan. Boil until gravy is thick enough to coat spoon, whisking to dissolve gingersnaps, about 2 minutes. Mix in remaining 1 tablespoon chopped thyme. Season gravy to taste with salt and pepper. Serve turkey with gravy.
ROAST TURKEY WITH SAGE AND THYME
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from turkey. Rinse turkey with cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Loosen skin from turkey breast without totally detaching skin( sort of make a pocket). Stir together 2 tablespoons, butter, salt and pepper. Rub butter mixture evenly over turkey breast under skin. Carefully place sage leaves and thyme sprigs evenly on each side of breat under skin. Replace skin.
- Place pear halves, celery, onion, and garlic inside cavity. Place turkey breast side up, on a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil lined shallow roasting pan. Rub entire turkey evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake at 325F for 2 hours and 45 minutes to 3 hours and 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°F Basting turkey every 30 minutes with pan drippings. (Prevent overcooking by checking for doneness after 2 hours)Remove turkey from roasting pan, and let sand 20 minutes before slicing. Garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 671.8, Fat 35, SaturatedFat 11.2, Cholesterol 273.6, Sodium 388.6, Carbohydrate 4.6, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 2.5, Protein 79.4
VERA'S ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC AND THYME
I received this recipe from my co-worker and we really enjoyed it this Thanksgiving. Her copy looks like it may have come from Quick Cuisine - Winter 2001.
Provided by karen in tbay
Categories Turkey Breasts
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Trim turkey breast of any fat.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil with garlic, thyme, mustard, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Rub into turkey breast.
- Marinate in the refrigerator from 1 hour to 12 hours.
- Arrange turkey breast, skin side up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or tinfoil.
- Roast at 350F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the breast reaches 165F and the juices run clear.
- Remove turkey from oven to a carving board and tent with tinfoil. Place juices in a medium skillet (could drain off some of the fat) add lemon juice (perhaps use less if some of the fat drained off) and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Carve turkey into thin slices across the breast. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with fresh thyme.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480.5, Fat 29.1, SaturatedFat 7.6, Cholesterol 155.2, Sodium 778.5, Carbohydrate 2.1, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.3, Protein 50.1
More about "thyme roasted turkey recipes"
WHITE HOUSE THYME ROASTED TURKEY RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author White House Executive Chef Cris ComerfordSteps 5Difficulty Easy
THYME ROAST TURKEY RECIPE | MCCORMICK
Cuisine AmericanCategory EntreesServings 14
ROASTED TURKEY LEGS WITH VEGETABLES - AHEAD OF THYME
HOW TO MAKE A ROASTED TURKEY - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROAST TURKEY WITH SHALLOT BUTTER AND THYME GRAVY RECIPE
ROAST TURKEY RECIPE | MCCORMICK
LEMON AND THYME ROASTED TURKEY | CANADIAN TURKEY
ROAST TURKEY RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
THYME-ROASTED TURKEY WITH CRANBERRY GRAVY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH LEMON-THYME RUB | BUTTERBALL®
THYME ROASTED TURKEY RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
LEMON-THYME SPLIT-ROASTED TURKEY | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
WHITE HOUSE THYME-ROASTED TURKEY - THE WASHINGTON POST
WHITE HOUSE THYME ROASTED TURKEY RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
EASY GARLIC BUTTER HERB ROASTED TURKEY RECIPE - WHOLESOME YUM
ROAST TURKEY WITH ROSEMARY & THYME - EAT THE WIND
ROASTED TURKEY WITH APPLE CIDER THYME GRAVY - RECIPE
LEMON-THYME ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH SMASHED POTATOES
TURKEY ROASTED ON A COVERED GAS GRILL | RECIPE | ROASTED TURKEY ...
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH THYME CITRUS BUTTER
ROASTED TURKEY » TIDE & THYME
LEMON AND THYME ROASTED TURKEY - LAYLITA'S RECIPES
LEMON-THYME TURKEY RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
APPLE THYME ROASTED TURKEY - THE SEASIDE BAKER
MAPLE-THYME BASTED ROAST TURKEY | CANADIAN TURKEY
ROASTED TURKEY WITH THYME GRAVY | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
ROAST TURKEY WITH PAPRIKA AND THYME RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
BEST THYME-ROASTED TURKEY AND GRAVY RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
ROASTED THYME + DIJON TURKEY THIGHS FOR TWO - PEPPERS & PENNIES
ROSEMARY, THYME AND APPLE ROASTED TURKEY RECIPE
LEMON AND THYME ROASTED TURKEY BREAST | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
EASY JUICY ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - AHEAD OF THYME
THYME ROASTED TURKEY RECIPE
LEMON AND THYME ROASTED TURKEY - LAYLITA'S RECIPES
THYME-ROASTED TURKEY WITH CIDER GRAVY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY HERB ROASTED TURKEY THIGHS RECIPE - THE FOODIE AFFAIR
BEST DRY-BRINED THYME-ROASTED TURKEY RECIPE - WOMANSDAY.COM
CLASSIC ROAST THANKSGIVING TURKEY - SWEET TEA + THYME
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a rosemary thyme and Apple roasted turkey?Rosemary, Thyme and Apple Roasted Turkey Recipe. Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove giblets from the turkey and rinse the turkey inside and out. Pat dry with a paper towel. Place turkey on a roasting rack inside a large roasting pan, breast side up. Salt and pepper both the inside and outside of the bird. In a small bowl,...
How do you cook a Turkey with butter and thyme?When in doubt, a simple combination of butter and fresh thyme captures the essence of Thanksgiving for a classic turkey dinner. —Alma Winberry, Great Falls, Montana In a small bowl, mix the butter, thyme, salt and pepper. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up.
How do you prepare a fully cooked turkey for Thanksgiving?Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove giblets from the turkey and rinse the turkey inside and out. Pat dry with a paper towel. Place turkey on a roasting rack inside a large roasting pan, breast side up. Salt and pepper both the inside and outside of the bird. In a small bowl, combine the butter with 2 tablespoons of rosemary and 2 tablespoons of thyme.
How do you cook a Turkey with lemon and garlic?In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and minced thyme. Pat turkey dry. Sprinkle salt and pepper over skin of turkey and inside cavity; brush with butter mixture. Place the lemon, onion, garlic and thyme sprigs inside cavity. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together.