TIN ROOF ICE CREAM
Do you know how tin roof ice cream got its name? Neither do I. Nor does anyone, it seems. I've tried to find out but have always come up empty-handed. I do know that it's one of my favorite ice cream combinations, and I guess I need to be content with that. Tin roof sundaes are traditionally made of vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate sauce and a scattering of red-skinned Spanish peanuts. I couldn't resist using chocolate-covered peanuts instead and folding them into the ice cream, where they become embedded between layers of fudge ripple.
Provided by David Lebovitz
Yield Makes about 1 1/4 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Warm the milk, sugar, salt and 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the cream in a medium saucepan. With a sharp paring knife, scrape the flavorful seeds from the vanilla bean and add them, along with the pod, to the hot milk mixture. Cover, remove from the heat, and let steep at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Rewarm the vanilla-infused mixture. Pour the remaining 1 cup (250 ml) cream into a large bowl and set a mesh strainer on top. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly pour the warm mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly, then scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
- Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula. Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the cream to cool. Remove the vanilla bean, wipe it clean of any egg bits, and add it back to the custard. Stir in the vanilla and stir until cool over an ice bath. Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- When ready to churn the ice cream, remove the vanilla bean (it can be rinsed and reused). Freeze the ice cream in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. While the ice cream is freezing, chop the peanuts into bite-sized pieces.
- Fold the peanut pieces into the frozen ice cream as you remove it from the machine, and layer it with Fudge Ripple.
TIN ROOF FUDGE PIE
"This delectable pie makes a great hostess gift for a holiday get-together or a wonderful ending to a meal for company," suggests field editor Cynthia Kolberg of Syracuse, Indiana.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat; stirring until smooth. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of crust; refrigerate until the chocolate is set. , For peanut layer, in a small saucepan, melt caramels and cream over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Spoon into pie shell; refrigerate. , For chocolate layer, in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Let stand for 15 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Carefully fold a third of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture; fold in the remaining whipped cream. Spread over peanut layer; refrigerate until set. Garnish with whipped cream and peanuts if desired. , For topping, in a small saucepan, melt caramels, cream and butter over low heat. stirring until smooth. Drizzle over pie. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts :
TIN ROOF PIE
With a chocolatey cookie crust, some vanilla ice cream and an ooey gooey caramel topping, this pie is one of the most scrumptious you'll ever taste.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Add 1/2 cup each of the caramel topping and nuts to ice cream in bowl; swirl with spoon until marbleized. Spoon into crust.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Drizzle pie with remaining caramel topping just before serving; sprinkle with remaining nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 41 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 25 g, Protein 6 g
TIN ROOF CRUNCH
When I combined these ingredients, it reminded me of Tin Roof ice cream. Friends said that it's the perfect name for my snack.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals and peanuts. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, peanut butter and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute, stirring once. Pour over cereal mixture; cook on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute., Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Break into pieces; add chocolate chunks. Store in an air tight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318 calories, Fat 17g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 263mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
TIN ROOF SUNDAE BARS
A Tin Roof Sundae is my all time favorite to order whenever I get a chance at an ice cream shop. This is a great substitute with some vanilla ice cream at home.
Provided by LAURIE
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 36 bars
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease bottom only ox 13x9 pan.
- In large bowl combine brownie mix, hot water, oil and egg.
- Beat 50 strokes with spoon.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread with marshmallow cream.
- Sprinkle peanut over top.
- Top with candy bar sections.
- Return to oven for 2 minutes until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread to cover.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 36 bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209, Fat 12.1, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 6.3, Sodium 144.2, Carbohydrate 23.6, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 5.4, Protein 3.6
More about "tin roof ice cream recipes"
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM - TRY THIS MULTLI-FLAVOURED TIN ROOF ICE …
Reviews 1Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 40 mins
- Combine the cream, vanilla, milk and 15ml (1 tbsp) sugar in a saucepan. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 125ml (1/2 cup) sugar and egg yolks, until the mixture has gone pale in colour and doubled in size.
- Temper hot milk into the sugar yolk mixture, by slowly adding hot milk about 60ml (1/4 cup) at a time, whisking to distribute heat. Once all the milk has been added, transfer mixture back into the saucepan.
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 397 per serving
- Warm the milk, sugar, salt, and ½ cup of the cream in a medium saucepan. With a paring knife, scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and put them in the hot milk mixture. Cover, remove from heat, and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Rewarm the milk mixture. Pour the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream into a large bowl with a mesh strainer set on top. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Return the mixture to the saucepan and stir with a rubber spatula until thickened and the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Pour the custard through the strainer to remove the vanilla bean and any egg bits into the large bowl. Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator. Prepare the fudge ripple.
- Whisk together the sugar, corn syrup, water, and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly until the mixture comes to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, whisking frequently. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Chill in the refrigerator completely.
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM - FOOD CHANNEL
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
HOT-TIN-ROOF SUNDAE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
TIN ROOF SUNDAE ICE CREAM - CAFE JOHNSONIA
TIN ROOF PIE RECIPE - RICE KRISPIES* CEREAL
CLASSIC TIN ROOF SUNDAE ICE CREAM - ISLAND FARMS
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM CAKE - PINTEREST
TIN ROOF SUNDAE ICE CREAM RECIPE - CREATIONS BY KARA
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM - BROWN EYED BAKER
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM RECIPE | MAKE TIN ROOD SUNDAE AT HOME
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM (NO-CHURN) | SIFT & SIMMER
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM WITH CHOCOLATE & PEANUTS | LAST …
TIN ROOF ICE-CREAM RECIPE TO DIE FOR! 5 STARS!
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM BLUE BELL - THERESCIPES.INFO
TIN ROOF PIE | RECIPE - KELLOGG'S
TIN ROOF SUNDAE PIE - COOKIE MADNESS
DIY TIN ROOF ICE CREAM - PRAY COOK BLOG
RECIPE: TIN ROOF ICE CREAM - STYLE AT HOME
IT'S BACK! THIS CLASSIC BLUE BELL ICE CREAM FLAVOR IS ... - WIDE OPEN …
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM - SMELLS LIKE HOME
TIN ROOF! RUSTED! TIN ROOF ICE CREAM CONES - PINEAPPLE AND …
TIN ROOF SUNDAE - WHAT A GIRL EATS
TIN ROOF SUNDAE - TURKEY HILL DAIRY
NO-CHURN TIN ROOF RECIPE – STATE OF DINNER
HOW TO MAKE ICE CREAM WITH VANILLA, FUDGE RIPPLE, AND PEANUTS
HOMEMADE TIN ROOF SUNDAE ICE CREAM - TODAY'S CREATIVE LIFE
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM PIE - DUKES AND DUCHESSES
TIN ROOF SUNDAE PIE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
TIN ROOF - KEMPS
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM CAKE - SALTANDWIND.COM
TIN ROOF SUNDAE ICE CREAM - DIPPIN FLAVORS
EASY HOMEMADE TIN ROOF ICE CREAM RECIPE LL NO NEED FOR ICE …
TIN ROOF PIE | RECIPELION.COM
TIN ROOF SUNDAE - THE TIMELESS BAKER
RICEKRISPIES® TIN ROOF PIE | CANADIAN LIVING
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM WITH CRUSHED WAFFLE CONE - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
TURKEY HILL ICE CREAM, PREMIUM, TIN ROOF SUNDAE, ORIGINAL RECIPE
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM RECIPE BY SUMAYAH - HALAAL RECIPES
GROCERY PRODUCT - THRIFTY FOODS
TIN ROOF ICE CREAM - EVERYDAY ANNIE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make tin roof ice cream?Tin roof ice cream is made with milk, vanilla, cream as well as red-skinned peanuts. Moreover, it is covered with chocolate sauce, which enhances not only its taste but also its texture. If you can go one step ahead and use chocolate-covered peanuts. You can also fold in the chocolate sauce to make a delicious fudge ripple.
What kind of ice cream is in a tin roof Bowl?This tin roof ice cream is youthful summertime in a bowl, which helps me feel better about the snow coming down outside. Homemade vanilla ice cream filled with chocolate-covered peanuts and a ripple of fudge. Warm the milk, sugar, salt, and ½ cup of the cream in a medium saucepan.
How do you make a tin roof Sundae?Pour syrup into a sundae bowl. Add two to three scoops of tin roof ice cream. Drizzle the syrup over the ice cream. Add some whipped cream over the sundae. Sprinkle the peanuts. Add one last scoop of ice cream and serve, preferably with an umbrella! There are a couple of varieties of nuts you can use for this tin roof ice cream recipe.
How do you make a simple ice cream sundae?If you haven’t made an ice cream sundae before, then follow these simple steps: Pour syrup into a sundae bowl. Add two to three scoops of tin roof ice cream. Drizzle the syrup over the ice cream. Add some whipped cream over the sundae. Sprinkle the peanuts. Add one last scoop of ice cream and serve, preferably with an umbrella!