TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH FRESH HERBS
I'm always looking for a good tofu recipe and I like the way the turmeric makes this look like real eggs. Try this, you just may like it!!!
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut tofu block in half horizontally, then cut in half lengthwise, keeping block intact.
- One at a time, take a piece of tofu in your hand.
- Holding it over sink, squeeze tofu gently but firmly until it crumbles slightly and water drips out.
- When about half the moisture has been removed, place tofu in bowl.
- Repeat until all tofu has been squeezed.
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add scallions.
- Stir just until they sizzle, 30 seconds.
- Add turmeric, salt and tofu.
- Stir with wooden spoon, breaking up tofu, until it is evenly golden and moist, about 1 minute.
- Mix in basil, chives, dill and parsley.
- Stir gently until tofu looks like well-set scrambled eggs, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170.1, Fat 10.8, SaturatedFat 1.5, Sodium 605.2, Carbohydrate 6.5, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 2.2, Protein 15.6
SPICY TOFU SCRAMBLE
- Place tofu onto a plate and place another plate on top. Set a 3- to 5-pound weight on top (a container filled with water works well). Press tofu for 20 to 30 minutes; drain and discard the accumulated liquid. Crumble tofu into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, scallions, and jalapeno; cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in crumbled tofu and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook until flavors blend, about 4 minutes.
- Season the tofu mixture with salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes and 3 tablespoons cilantro; cook and stir until tomatoes are just heated through, about 2 minutes. Spoon tofu scramble onto 2 plates; sprinkle queso fresco on top. Garnish with the remaining cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.7 calories, Carbohydrate 10.9 g, Cholesterol 4.5 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 21.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 1005.1 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: tofu, bell pepper, onion, oil, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, lemon juice
Provided by Swasti Shukla
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Drain tofu from container, wrap it in a paper towel, and place it on a plate. Rest another plate on top of the tofu and microwave for 3-5 minutes.
- Unwrap the tofu and cut into cubes.
- Place the tofu in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Cut the top off a bell pepper and remove all the seeds and thinly slice.
- Chop the onion.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers, and cook until softened.
- Add in the tofu and cook on medium heat until most of the water has evaporated.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin, and mix well, until all the seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Add the lemon juice to the tofu and mix until evenly combined.
- Remove the tofu from the heat and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141 calories, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 12 grams, Sugar 4 grams
This is a wonderful vegetarian dish with a great flavor. The cheese can be omitted, and other vegetables such as green peppers or mushrooms can be added. It's great served with hot bran muffins.
Provided by LKAUMANS
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and saute green onions until tender. Stir in tomatoes with juice and mashed tofu. Season with salt, pepper, and turmeric. Reduce heat, and simmer until heated through. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.4 calories, Carbohydrate 9.7 g, Cholesterol 18.1 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 305.8 mg, Sugar 5 g
SCRAMBLED TOFU WITH HERBS AND CHEESE BY DEBORAH MADISON
- Drain the tofu, wrap it in a towel, and press while you gather the rest of the ingredients.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and butter.
- When oil and butter are hot, crumble the tofu into the pan in pieces about the size of scrambled egg curds.
- Sprinkle with the turmeric, season with salt, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until dry and firm (but not hard), for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the herbs and cheese, taste and season with pepper.
- Serve with a dash of paprika over the top.
More about "tofu scramble with fresh herbs recipes"
TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH FRESH HERBS - YOGA JOURNAL
Category Entree, QuickCalories 122 per serving
TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH FRESH HERBS RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
Servings 2Calories 122 per servingCategory Entrees
HERBED TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCuisine GlobalCalories 53 per serving
EASY VEGAN TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE - ALPHAFOODIE
TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH FRESH HERBS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | FRESH …
THE BEST VEGGIE TOFU SCRAMBLE - DANIEL'S PLATE PROTEIN-PACKED!
GET THE BEST TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE
TOFU SCRAMBLE - WOOLLY FARMS
SIMPLE SOUTHWEST TOFU SCRAMBLE | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
SAMOSA TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH HERB CHUTNEY RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
ULTRA-SATISFYING VEGGIE TOFU SCRAMBLE - INSPIRED TASTE
8 WAYS TO MAKE TOFU SCRAMBLES - ONE GREEN PLANET
THE BEST HOMEMADE VEGAN TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPES
SCRAMBLED TOFU - TOFUTURE
TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH FRESH HERBS | CITY MARKET / ONION RIVER CO-OP
TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE | VEGAN RECIPES | SBS FOOD
SUPER EGGY VEGAN TOFU SCRAMBLE - LOVING IT VEGAN
EASY SILKEN TOFU SCRAMBLE (VEGAN SCRAMBLED EGGS) - COOKING WITH …
TOFU SCRAMBLE EGGS WITH VEGGIES - THE VEGAN LINK
TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH FRESH HERBS | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
EASY VEGAN TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE | ORGANIC FACTS
EASY TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH VEGGIES - VEGAN AND OIL-FREE RECIPES
SILKEN TOFU SCRAMBLE - THE HIDDEN VEGGIES
EASY MEDITERRANEAN TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE (2022) FULL GUIDE
CREAMY TOFU SCRAMBLE - MY BERRY FOREST
SIMPLE TOFU SCRAMBLE - EATING BIRD FOOD
VEGAN TOFU SCRAMBLE - FEASTING AT HOME RECIPES
TOFU & VEGETABLE SCRAMBLE WITH ROASTED POTATOES
HOW TO SCRAMBLE TOFU | KITCHN
TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH INDIGO HERBS ORGANIC TURMERIC POWDER
TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH FRESH HERBS RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH SWEET POTATO HASH & CREAM(LESS) HERB SAUCE
TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH FRESH HERBS RECIPE | CHAMPSDIET.COM
SMOKEY TOFU SCRAMBLE HASH - AVANT-GARDE VEGAN
VEGAN TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE
VEGGIE TOFU BREAKFAST SCRAMBLE - EAT SOMETHING VEGAN
THE BEST TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE (VEGAN) - SHANE & SIMPLE
EASY VEGAN TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE
THE BEST BEST TOFU SCRAMBLE | SIMPLY HEALTHY VEGAN
TOFU SCRAMBLE FLORENTINE - THE EDGY VEG
HOW TO MAKE TOFU SCRAMBLE… YOUR WAY! (BASIC TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE)
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #healthy #very-low-carbs #breakfast #beans #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #soy-tofu #healthy-2 #low-in-something #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What does tofu scrambled with turmeric taste like?Turmeric – The nutritional yeast adds some color, but the turmeric is really what gives this tofu scramble its sunny hue. I also love its warm, earthy flavor here! Cumin, onion, and garlic – They round out the scramble’s savory flavor, adding sharp, aromatic depth. Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
What do you put in a tofu scramble?Whatever you have in the fridge will make a great addition to your tofu scramble. Just chop finely – stems included. Most cooks like to add turmeric to their tofu scramble – for that yellow color – and sprinkle with nutritional yeast at the end for extra umami (although personally I prefer not to).
Is tofu scramble a good plant-based breakfast?This tofu scramble recipe is the ultimate plant-based breakfast! Serve it with sliced avocado, salsa, and lots of veggies for an easy, fun, and flavorful meal. I love starting my day with a protein-packed breakfast like this tofu scramble! It’s energizing, flavorful, and satisfying, the sort of thing that’s guaranteed to keep me full till lunch.
How to cook tofu in a pan?Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it softens. Then, stir in the crumbled tofu and cook until it’s warmed through, 3 to 5 minutes.