WHISKY CREAM SAUCE
This indulgent whisky cream sauce will elevate your standard midweek meal. Serve this silky smooth sauce with haggis, steak or mashed potatoes
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the butter and oil in a small pan over a medium heat until the butter starts to foam. Fry the shallot until soft but not golden, about 8 mins.
- Add the bay leaf and garlic, then cook for 1 min more. Add 100ml whisky and simmer until absorbed by the shallots, and almost evaporated.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for 5-10 mins until reduced by half. Stir in the cream and simmer for another 5 mins until thickened slightly. Season with salt and taste the sauce. Stir in the remaining whisky for a stronger flavour. Serve with haggis, steak or mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 19 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.39 milligram of sodium
WHISKEY CREAM SAUCE
- Cook the onions in the 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. When the onions are brown, turn off the burner temporarily so you won't ignite your kitchen. Or yourself.
- Pour in the whiskey. As soon as it evaporates, turn the burner on medium-high heat and pour in the beef stock. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, then allow the mixture to bubble up and reduce by half.
- Whisk in the remaining tablespoon of butter, then reduce the heat to low. Whisk in 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup cream, according to your taste. Allow the sauce to simmer and thicken for a few minutes.
- Serve with beef, baby!
TOMATO AND WHISKY SAUCE
- Chop the tomatoes and place in a saucepan with the other ingredients.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Store refrigerated.
More about "tomato and whisky sauce recipes"
BLOODY GOOD WHISKEY RECIPE • ROUSES SUPERMARKETS
Servings 1Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
- Place celery salt in a shallow saucer. Rub rim of 12-ounce tumbler with the juicy side of 1 lemon wedge and coat wet edge with celery salt by placing glass rim down in the saucer of salt.
- Put horseradish, Worcestershire, hot sauce, soy sauce, black pepper and cayenne pepper in the bottom of a shaker.
HAGGIS WITH WHISKY SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine BritishCategory Main CourseServings 4
HAGGIS PIE WITH TATTIES AND NEEPS AND WHISKY SAUCE ...
Cuisine GeneralEstimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6-8
86 EASY AND TASTY WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS ...
10 BEST WHISKEY BOURBON SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SCOTTISH WHISKY BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - SCOTTISH SCRAN
Total Time 35 minsCalories 101 per serving
- Chop the onion and garlic if you plan to strain through a mesh strainer for a smooth sauce, or grate both if you are happy to leave them in. We find it easier to leave it and smooth enough for our tastes!
- In a bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients and then add to the saucepan once the onion and garlic are soft.
- Stir all together and then bring to a simmer for around 20 minutes, occasionally stirring so it doesn’t stick.
HAGGIS WITH CREAMED TOMATO & WHISKY SAUCE | SCOTTISH ...
4.6/5 (72)Servings 2Cuisine Scottish
WHISKY BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - THEWHISKYCLUB.COM.AU
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
A RYE SMILE | WHISKY SAUCE RECIPE | WHISKY BLOG ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
TIGER PRAWNS IN TOMATO & WHISKY SAUCE - ALWAYS LADIES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
RECIPE OF ANY-NIGHT-OF-THE-WEEK SALMON WITH WHISKY TOMATO ...
TOMATO AND WHISKY SAUCE | RECIPELION.COM
POTATOES AND CABBAGE SIMMERED IN CINNAMON TOMATO SAUCE ...
SALMON WITH WHISKY TOMATO AND ONION SAUCE
REALLY EASY TOMATO SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
337 EASY AND TASTY WHISKEY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPES BY HOME ...
RECIPES WITH SOUR MASH WHISKY, , , , AND TOMATO SAUCE ...
BEST TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE EVER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
RECIPES SALMON WITH WHISKY TOMATO AND ONION SAUCE | UPDATE ...
FERMENTED TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
TOMATO SAUCE AND WHISKEY RECIPES (7) - SUPERCOOK
10 BEST SCOTCH WHISKY SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
☑ SCOTCH WHISKEY COCKTAIL RECIPES | JUDY'S BLOG
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #sauces #lunch #condiments-etc #fruit #easy #european #beginner-cook #diabetic #dinner-party #holiday-event #low-fat #vegan #vegetarian #scottish #grains #stove-top #dietary #spicy #new-years #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #equipment #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make whisky sauce?For the whisky sauce, heat the double cream in a pan over a medium heat. Add the wholegrain mustard, Dijon mustard and whisky and stir to combine. Increase the heat until the mixture is simmering and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
How long do you cook cream and whisky for?Stir in the cream and simmer for another 5 mins until thickened slightly. Season with salt and taste the sauce. Stir in the remaining whisky for a stronger flavour. Serve with haggis, steak or mashed potatoes.
How to cook a Christmas pie with whisky sauce?After that, cool and refrigerate until needed. To cook the pie, first preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6, then place the pie on a baking tray in the centre of the oven for 45-50 minutes, until the top is crusty and golden. Heat the sauce with the remaining whisky and spoon a little over each portion, with the rest handed round.
How do you cook with whisky in a pan?Method Heat the butter and oil in a small pan over a medium heat until the butter starts to foam. Fry the shallot until soft but not golden, about 8 mins. Add the bay leaf and garlic, then cook for 1 min more. Add 100ml whisky and simmer until absorbed by the shallots, and almost evaporated.