TOMATO BEAN SOUP
Chock-full of choice veggies and savory sausage, this filling soup from Diane Antonioli of Marmora, New Jersey will fit nicely into almost any event. "It's a big hit at our house," Diane acknowledges. "My husband and our three children request it all year-round."-Diane Antonioli, Marmora, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place beans in a Dutch over or soup kettle; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. , Drain beans and discard liquid; return beans to Dutch oven. Add broth, water and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours or until the beans are tender. , Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon, onion, celery and carrots until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 12 minutes. Add sausage, garlic and sugar; cook for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to Dutch oven. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until beans begin to bread apart and soup thickens, stirring occasionally. Add salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Discard bay leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 849mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 13g protein.
MY MOM'S TOMATO AND BEAN 15 MINUTE STOUP
A stoup is thicker than soup and thinner than stew. I called my mom one rainy day from the road. I was getting a cold and I really wanted soup for supper. She said she didn't know what she had on hand to make it with, but she'd come up with something. This was it. (Oh, you don't have to be sick to enjoy it.)
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Add extra-virgin olive oil to the pot, 2 turns of the pan. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, stir then stir in the onions, carrots, celery and zucchini. Cook 10 minutes, then add in the stock, tomatoes and beans. Bring soup up to a bubble and season with salt and pepper, to your taste. Simmer 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and wilt the basil into the soup. Ladle up the soup and serve with grated cheese and bread.
TOMATO GREEN BEAN SOUP
This colorful soup is delicious any time of year. When I can't get homegrown tomatoes and green beans, I've found that frozen beans and canned tomatoes (or even stewed tomatoes) work just fine. Served with warm breadsticks, this soup is a complete meal. -Bernice Nolan, Granite City, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrots in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, beans and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. , Stir in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58 calories, Fat 1g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 535mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add carrots, celery, and onion and cook until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and season with salt and pepper; cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, broth, and parsley and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide soup among four bowls and serve with Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312 g, Fat 8 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 1 g
TOMATO AND WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH LOTS OF GARLIC
This recipe makes the most out of just a handful of pantry ingredients, like canned white beans, a can of tomatoes and a full head of garlic. The soup owes its surprisingly rich and complex flavor to how the garlic is cooked: By smashing the cloves, you end up with different sizes and pieces of garlic. These cook irregularly, which means you'll taste the full range of garlic's flavors, from sweet and nutty to almost a little spicy. Simmer the lightly browned garlic with white beans and tomatoes, then blend, and you have a creamy, cozy soup that's endlessly adaptable: Add aromatics to the simmering pot, or make it spicy with harissa, smoked paprika or chipotle. Top with pesto, croutons, cheese, cooked grains, greens or a fried egg.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Peel the garlic, then smash the cloves using a meat pounder or the bottom of a heavy skillet until wispy and flat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the olive oil, then add the crushed garlic, and cook, smashing with the back of a wooden spoon and stirring occasionally, until golden brown and beginning to stick to the bottom of the pan, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the white beans and their liquid, crushed tomatoes, stock or water, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then partly cover, reduce heat, and let simmer until thickened and fragrant, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion or regular blender, purée the soup until smooth. Add cream or stock or water to thin as desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle with heavy cream before serving.
TOMATO AND CANNELLINI BEAN SOUP
"Vegetable soup is something I can eat a ton of and still feel healthy. The problem is, I get hungry again two hours later. So I came up with a version with beans, which deliver protein and texture, tiding me over to the next meal." -Rick Martinez, associate food editor, digital
Provided by Rick Martinez
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Beans Combine beans, onion, garlic, and bay leaves in a large pot and add cold water to cover by 2". Bring to a simmer over medium heat, add several pinches of salt, and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook at a bare simmer until beans are creamy but still hold their shape, 35-45 minutes. Let beans cool in cooking liquid; discard bay leaves.
- Do ahead
- Beans can be cooked 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high. Add tomatoes, 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and cook tomatoes, undisturbed, until caramelized and borderline blackened on one side, about 5 minutes. Break up tomatoes, scraping bottom of pot, and continue to cook, scraping and stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are caramelized all over, about 5 minutes more. Transfer tomatoes to a plate.
- Heat another 2 Tbsp. oil in same pot over medium. Add onion, fennel, garlic, and a pinch or so of red pepper flakes, if desired; cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft and starting to brown around edges, 8-10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and tomatoes, scraping up browned bits. Drain beans and add to pot along with broth (for a thicker soup, use half of the broth plus 2 cups bean-cooking liquid). Bring to a simmer; season with salt. Cook until flavors meld, 30-45 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in chard and cook until wilted. Ladle soup into bowls, top with almonds, and drizzle with oil.
- Do ahead
- Soup (without chard) can be made 4 days ahead. Let cool; cover and chill.
COLENE'S EASY TOMATO VEGETABLE SOUP
My friend Colene used to serve this to help her family get through some cold Minnesota winters. Though she was a busy mom and career woman, Colene could whip this one up in no time! Try adding macaroni or hamburger for some variety.
Provided by Jessica S.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large pot over medium heat combine the tomato juice, water, mixed vegetables, oregano or Italian spices and salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 112.3 calories, Carbohydrate 25.1 g, Fat 0.7 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 668.6 mg, Sugar 8.2 g
TOMATO VEGGIE SOUP
This soup is chunky, hearty, almost a vegetable stew. Serve with crunchy bread or rolls. Freezes well.
Provided by Derf2440
Categories Clear Soup
Yield 6-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Emptied stewed tomatoes, tomatoes, tomato sauce and juice into stockpot with juice.
- Put chicken or beef instant granules into hot water, whisk to mix, needs to be strong, add to the above.
- This is the the base for the soup (If you wish,make it vegetarian, leave out the instant granules and add another can of tomato sauce).
- Add the soup ingredients to base in a stockpot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil 5 minutes.
- Turn to low simmer for 1 hour.
- If desired, pre-cooked pasta or rice may also be added.
- Note: Do not add salt without tasting, there is enough in cans.
- Note: Quantities are whatever you want, you can use 6 cans or 12 cans or pounds and pounds of fresh veggies, all fresh or all canned, or both combined, just about any kind of veggies.
- Always keep the veggies chunky, they look better and don't cook away.
- Left over cooked veggies can be used, make base and add precooked veggies, do not boil, warm up only.
- The stewed and canned whole tomatoes, sauce and V8 form the base with the beef or chicken broth.
- If you increase/decrease the veggie quantities you must increase/decrease the base quantities accordingly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375.9, Fat 2.4, SaturatedFat 0.4, Cholesterol 0.6, Sodium 2593.8, Carbohydrate 79.7, Fiber 21.5, Sugar 31.7, Protein 19.5
More about "tomato bean and veggie soup recipes"
VEGETABLE WHITE BEAN SOUP | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
4.8/5 (67)Total Time 1 hrCategory Entree, Side, SoupCalories 220 per serving
- Add oil, then onion, garlic, carrot and stir. Season with salt, pepper, and spices and stir again to coat.
- Next add squash, potatoes, fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce and veggie stock. Bring soup to a simmer and then reduce heat to low and cover. Continue cooking for 15 minutes, then add beans, another pinch each salt and pepper, and stir. If the soup starts boiling, be sure to lower heat to just a light simmer.
- Cook for at least another 10 minutes to let the flavors meld, and then add kale, stir, and cover. Cook for 5 minutes more.
CREAMY TOMATO BEAN SOUP | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (58)Calories 536 per servingCategory Mains, Soup
10 BEST BEAN SOUP VEGETARIAN WITHOUT TOMATOES RECIPES
10 BEST TOMATO BASED VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOMATO AND CANNELLINI BEAN SOUP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
RECIPE: HEARTY TOMATO, BEAN & VEGGIE SOUP – CLEVELAND …
EASY WHITE BEAN & TOMATO SOUP - MAKING THYME FOR …
VEGETARIAN NAVY BEAN SOUP RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
HEARTY TOMATO SOUP WITH BEANS & GREENS RECIPE
TOMATO AND CANNELLINI BEAN SOUP RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
TOMATO POTATO WHITE BEAN SOUP - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
PASTA, BEAN & TOMATO SOUP - PLANT-BASED ON A BUDGET
FIRE-ROASTED TOMATO & MUNG BEAN SOUP | MINIMALIST …
HEARTY TOMATO, SAUSAGE AND BEAN SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
ROASTED TOMATO & CHUNKY VEG SOUP WITH WHITE BEANS & KALE
RECIPE: HEARTY TOMATO, BEAN + VEGGIE SOUP – CLEVELAND CLINIC
HEALHTY VEGAN TOMATO SOUP WITH WHITE BEANS - VNUTRITION
TOMATO WHITE BEANS SOUP - THE FLAVOURS OF KITCHEN
MEDITERRANEAN BEAN AND VEGETABLE SOUP - WHATCHA COOKING …
TOMATO, BEANS AND GREENS SOUP (HEALTHY & GF!) - AVERIE COOKS
SIMPLE PLANT-BASED TOMATO AND WHITE BEAN VEGETABLE SOUP
HEARTY TOMATO SOUP WITH BEANS & GREENS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
TOMATO, BEAN AND VEGGIE SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
TOMATO CABBAGE AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE - TARLA DALAL
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP WITH PASTA & BEANS - GOOD OLD VEGAN
ITALIAN BEAN & VEGETABLE SOUP - NOURISHED BY CAROLINE
CHUNKY TOMATO SOUP WITH CANNELLINI BEANS - VEGGIES SAVE THE DAY
10-MINUTE TOMATO BEAN SOUP | BEAN RECIPES, WHITE BEAN SOUP, …
TOMATO WHITE BEAN SOUP - VEGGIE DESSERTS
TOMATO AND WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH KALE (EASY!) - THE GARDEN GRAZER
MEDITERRANEAN BEAN SOUP RECIPE WITH TOMATO PESTO
VEGETARIAN BEAN SOUP RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
EASY TOMATO AND WHITE BEAN SOUP - VEGANOSITY
SMOKY TOMATO WHITE BEAN SOUP | FEASTING AT HOME
ROASTED TOMATO AND WHITE BEAN SOUP RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
EASY TOMATO AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE | COLES
WHITE BEAN AND TOMATO SOUP - THE VEGGIE TABLE
TOMATO AND RED BEAN SOUP - SO DELICIOUS
EASY MEXICAN BEAN SOUP - VEGGIE DESSERTS
TOMATO BEAN SOUP - VEGWEB.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook beans in tomato soup?Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until beans begin to bread apart and soup thickens, stirring occasionally. Add salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Discard bay leaves before serving.
How do you make tomato soup in a soup pot?Set a large soup pot over medium heat. Sauté onions in a tablespoon of olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, carrots and celery. Sauté for 3 minutes. Pour in the stock, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, all herbs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. Bring to a medium boil, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
What are some good recipes to cook beans and vegetables?In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add carrots, celery, and onion and cook until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and season with salt and pepper; cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, broth, and parsley and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
How to make vegan vegetable soup with vegetables?Making this vegan vegetable soup on the stove is really easy: Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion until slightly translucent and soft. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Next add the carrots and celery and saute for a couple more minutes.