TOMATO SOUP WITH HERB DUMPLINGS
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. , Meanwhile, for dumplings, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Beat egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients until a stiff dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering soup. , Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts :
CREAM OF TOMATO SOUP DUMPLINGS
Each dumpling is filled with a creamy tomato soup surprise. Take your time pleating the dumplings-- you'll only get better with practice.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 16 dumplings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the soup: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook stirring until the shallots are well coated. Add the diced tomatoes and 1 teaspoon salt, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the tomatoes have softened about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the gelatin over 1/4 cup water and let sit until soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer the soup, gelatin and cream to a blender. Blend until smooth and pour in to a glass loaf pan. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- For the dough: Put the flour in a large bowl. Pour half the hot water in and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the remaining hot water and stir until the dough starts to look shaggy. Add all of the cold water and oil. Keep stirring until the dough forms a ball.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until soft, smooth and springs back when you poke it with your finger, 8 to 10 minutes. (Alternately, you can knead the dough in a stand mixer with the hook attachment, on medium speed for 6 to 8 minutes.) Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Take 1 piece (cover the remaining 3 pieces with plastic wrap) and cut it into 4 pieces. Work with 1 small piece of dough at a time, keep the remaining covered with plastic wrap. Roll the dough between your palms to make a round, smooth ball. Using a rolling pin, roll into a 4 1/2-to-5-inch circle. (You may need more flour to keep the dough from sticking but try to use it sparingly.)
- Fill the dough with 1 heaping tablespoon of tomato soup filling and then press 1 tomato half into it. Pleat the dumpling: Use your fingers to pleat and pinch the edge of the dough together, enclosing the filling, into a little satchel. Twist and pinch the tip of the dough close. Repeat with rest. Make sure that you cover any dough that you aren't currently using and cover the dumplings with a towel to prevent drying out.
- Fill a large pot with 2-inches of water and insert a steamer basket that has a lid. Line the basket with a single layer of Napa cabbage leaves. Cover and steam over medium heat to warm up the steamer and soften cabbage, about 2 minutes. Place dumplings on the cabbage leaves, leaving 1-inch between each dumpling. Steam until the dough looks slightly translucent and the dumplings have slumped slightly, about 12 minutes. Serve in the steamer.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add onion and saute until translucent, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the peeled tomatoes. Cook until soft. Add tomato sauce and paste. Add 3 cups water and seasoning. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and blend. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add ½- 1 cup water to thin soup if desired.
- Bring soup back to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare the dumplings. With a fork, whisk together eggs and oil, salt and pepper. Add ½ cup flour, adding more until you have a thick and runny batter. Don't add too much as you want it to still be runny. Drop teaspoons of batter into the boiling soup. They should drop right out of the teaspoon. Let dumplings cook for a few minutes and serve.
CREAMY HERBED TOMATO SOUP
No one will ever guess that a soup this smooth and creamy could be low in fat! The savory herb flavors make this soup a keeper.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. , Stir in tomato paste until blended. In a small bowl, combine milk powder and flour; stir in milk until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Cook and stir until thickened and heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 621mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CREAMY FRESH TOMATO SOUP WITH DUMPLINGS
I made this for lunch yesterday, with some beautiful tomatoes my mother gave me. YUM! We had it with grilled cheese sandwiches. Heaven in a bowl! I hope you like it as much as I did!
Provided by canarygirl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oil in a 2 quart sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until tender, then add tomatoes, and mush them up a bit, and stir.
- Cook over medium heat about 10-15 minutes, until tomatoes are quite soft and breaking down.
- Add water, basil, bouillon cubes, salt and pepper, and sugar.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Near the end of the cooking time, heat half and half or milk so that it is hot.
- Add hot milk to soup and stir.
- Pureé with an arm blender, or do it in batches in a blender.
- Strain soup through a sieve or run it through a food mill to eliminate any peels and seeds that remain.
- Mix egg with about 1/4 cup flour (amount will depend on how firm you like your dumplings) and salt and pepper to taste, until well combined.
- Bring soup to just below boiling and drop in dumplings by very small spoonfuls. Cook about three minutes, or until dumplings float to the surface. Dumplings should be almost like spaetzle, quite small, and soft when cooked.
- Serve hot with chopped fresh basil or toasted croutons as a garnish if desired.
TOMATO SOUP WITH FRESH HERBS
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, oregano or basil and thyme and cook, stirring often, until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in broth, tomato paste and sugar. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Using immersion blender, process until smooth. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with fresh herbs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137 calories
HERBED TOMATO SOUP
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, celery, parsley, lovage, and salt. Cook, stirring, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until tomatoes are soft and mixture is slightly reduced, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in basil; cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Pass soup through the medium plate of a food mill set over a large bowl; discard solids. Reheat; serve with crostini.
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP WITH HERBS
An easy, delicious tomato soup without the fancy price of the "gourmet" soup to be found on the grocery shelf. From the "Desperation Dinners" ladies: Beverly Mills & Alicia Ross... one of my favorite columns in the (Raleigh NC) News & Observer.
Provided by Impera_Magna
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in 4 1/2 qt Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat.
- Peel and chop onion and add to pot, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, stir and cook 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes with juice and tomato sauce.
- Raise the heat to high and bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in milk and Parmesan cheese; do NOT boil the soup after the milk has been added.
- Stir and heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve at once, garnished w/ croutons if desired.
- NOTE: If you cannot find the DelMonte brand of tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic, and oregano, use plain diced tomatoes with 1/2 teaspoon each of basil and oregano.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145.5, Fat 7.2, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 19.5, Sodium 783.1, Carbohydrate 13.2, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 5.4, Protein 8.4
More about "tomato soup with herb dumplings recipes"
TOMATO SOUP | HERB
TOMATO SOUP WITH RICOTTA DUMPLINGS RECIPE | EAT …
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEDDAR BAY DUMPLINGS
EASIEST HERBY TOMATO SOUP WITH MELTED BRIE CROSTINI.
ROASTED TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEDDAR DUMPLINGS RECIPE
ROASTED-TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE AND HERB DUMPLINGS
RECIPE: TOMATO SOUP WITH SEMOLINA DUMPLINGS STEP BY STEP WITH …
TOMATO SOUP WITH BASIL DUMPLINGS - DELICIOUS TABLE
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE DUMPLINGS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
TOMATO SOUP AND DUMPLINGS - HEALTHY ASIAN CHILLI CHICKEN
ROASTED TOMATO, GARLIC AND HERB SOUP - KITCHEN CONFIDANTE®
FAMILY RECIPES: TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE DUMPLINGS
SOUP WITH DUMPLINGS RECIPE - ALDI
MOROCCAN TOMATO SOUP WITH HERBED POTATO DUMPLINGS - SPUDFIT
TOMATO DUMPLING SOUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TOMATO SOUP WITH DUMPLINGS - SPOONACULAR.COM
TOMATO HERB SOUP FROM SCRATCH - QUICK & EASY - BUDGET BYTES
RECIPES USING TOMATO SOUP - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
HOMEMADE ROASTED TOMATO SOUP WITH HERBS
TOMATO KIMCHI RECIPE FOR SUMMER - SEONKYOUNG LONGEST
TOMATO SOUP WITH HERB DUMPLINGS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE …
DUMPLING HERB SOUP - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
QUICK & EASY TOMATO SOUP WITH PARMESAN DUMPLINGS RECIPE
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE DUMPLINGS - TARA TEASPOON
TOMATO SOUP AND DUMPLINGS - STICKY ASIAN CHILLI CHICKEN
TOMATO SOUP WITH HERB DUMPLINGS | RECIPE | DUMPLINGS FOR SOUP, …
TOMATO & POLENTA DUMPLINGS SOUP - RAMONA'S CUISINE
TOMATO SOUP WITH SPINACH CHEESE DUMPLINGS RECIPE
HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP (FRESH TOMATOES) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
TOMATO DUMPLING SOUP (FAN FAVORITE!) – A COUPLE COOKS
TOMATO QUINOA SOUP WITH FETA & SPINACH DUMPLINGS
CREAMY FRESH TOMATO SOUP WITH DUMPLINGS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ROASTED-TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE AND HERB DUMPLINGS | RECIPE
TOMATO SOUP WITH HERB DUMPLINGS RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I make with tomato herb soup?Use basic pantry staples to create this quick and easy Tomato Herb Soup. It's thick, rich, flavorful, and perfect for grilled cheese dipping! Mince the garlic and add it to a sauce pot along with the olive oil, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and freshly cracked pepper.
How do you make tomato soup with crushed tomatoes?Add one 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes. Crushed tomatoes are smaller bits than diced tomatoes, but not quite as smooth as tomato sauce. It’s somewhere in between, and doesn’t have any seasoning added. Also add 3 cups of vegetable broth, which will thin the soup out, add depth of flavor, and just the right amount of salt.
What does tomato herb soup taste like?This tomato herb soup is not your everyday canned condensed tomato soup. It’s not sugary sweet, it’s fairly thick, very rich, and has tons of herby flavor. The magic comes from the melange of dried herbs and the quick act of caramelizing the tomato paste to create a rich sweetness.