TUNA WITH CAPERS, OLIVES AND LEMON
This is not your mother's mayonnaise-laden tuna salad, but it's just as easy to prepare. Here's what you do: stir together some canned tuna, garlic, lemon juice, red onion, black olives, capers and fresh parsley, then spread it on buttered toast. Top it off with a round of ripe tomato or slivers of avocado and another slice of toast. That's it. If you want to make it into a dip, toss the mixture into a food processor with a few tablespoons of softened butter and a bit more olive oil. Purée until smooth and creamy and serve with carrots, fennel, bell pepper and seeded crackers. If you have a tin of sardines taunting you from inside your cabinet, we bet this recipe would work equally well with those.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories easy, lunch, quick, weekday, appetizer
Yield 4 sandwiches or 8 appetizer servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, mash garlic with the back of a spoon. Whisk in the lemon juice and 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Combine with the tuna, onion, olives, capers, herbs and salt to taste.
- Serve on buttered toast for sandwiches, or make into a dip: Pulse the tuna salad and butter in a food processor until it is creamy. With the motor of the processor running, slowly add the additional 4 tablespoons oil. Taste and add more salt or lemon juice if needed. Serve with cut vegetables (fennel and bell peppers are nice) and crackers.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 273, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 228 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
TUNA AND CAPER BITES
One weekend while camping, my sister-in-law whipped up a simpler version of these tasty tuna bites as a snack. I decided to add capers, shallot, and lemon to make these elegant enough to serve at your next dinner party! I highly recommend using Mary's Gone Crackers® brand seed crackers; they not only provide the perfect nutty flavor, but they are also very crispy and sturdy, allowing these to be made an hour or two ahead of time.
Provided by France C
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, 1/2 of the shallot, 1/2 of the capers, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place crackers on a serving platter. Place 2 arugula leaves, torn in half, on each cracker. Divide tuna mixture among the crackers. Sprinkle with remaining shallot and capers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 24.1 calories, Carbohydrate 0.3 g, Cholesterol 1.7 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 44.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
TUNA AND CAPER DIP
- In a medium bowl, mix together tuna, sour cream, parsley, capers, anchovies, lemon juice, and red-pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 101 g, Fat 5 g, Protein 11 g
TUNA CAPER CROSTINI
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice baguette into 1/2-inch thick slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake until toasted and golden, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Top each toasted baguette slice with about 1 tablespoon of the tuna salad.
TUNA, LEMON, AND CAPER SAUCE
- Place tuna in pasta serving bowl and break it into large bite-size pieces. Add garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and capers and stir gently to combine. Set aside to warm to room temperature, or preferably, place the bowl (be sure it's heatproof) over the pasta pot to warm the ingredients while heating the water. Once the water comes to a boil, remove bowl and set aside.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain pasta well and immediately add to sauce in bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and toss. Serve at once with Parmesan cheese. Pass the pepper mill.
- Recommended pasta: 8 ounces penne rigate, medium shells (conchiglie rigate), rigatoni, or linguine.
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS
With a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious meal! My husband came up with this recipe while we are on "stay at home" orders due to the Coronavirus pandemic. It was quick, easy, and delicious!
Provided by Kim's Cooking Now
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Add tuna with oil, capers, and crushed red pepper flakes; heat through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water for 1 minute less than the package instructs, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and mix to combine. Add some of the pasta water and toss lightly until the pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, 1 to 2 more minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 698.4 calories, Carbohydrate 88.5 g, Cholesterol 37.5 mg, Fat 23.6 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 31.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 448.8 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
GRILLED TUNA WITH LEMON CAPER BUTTER
- Mix together butter, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard and capers. Set aside.
- Prepare hot grill. Brush tuna steaks with oil. Drizzle remaining lemon juice over fish.
- Place steaks on oiled grill. Grill, turning once, until firm and opaque at center; 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top each steak with 1 tablespoon lemon-caper butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 818.9, Fat 53.4, SaturatedFat 20.6, Cholesterol 190.3, Sodium 366.4, Carbohydrate 1.3, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.4, Protein 79.8
SPAGHETTI, TUNA AND CAPERS
This is a very simple recipe that will have you asking for more. Very healthy too. There are a few variations. This recipe is used in the regions of Naples and Molise in Italy.
Provided by Pietro
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Drain oil from tuna and place in a heavy based frypan.
- Add diced onion and saute until soft and clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, boil salted water and cook spaghetti.
- Dice tomatoes and add to pan.
- Stir the mixture over low heat.
- Add salt and peppercorns to taste.
- Add tuna to mixture and stir.
- Drain spaghetti.
- Add capers to mixture.
- Place spaghetti on warm plates.
- Place tuna mixture over top of spaghetti.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with a few basil leaves.
- The secret of success is to work quickly and make sure that the mixture is not overcooked.
- As a variation, olive oil can be substituted with butter.
- Fettucine can be used instead of spaghetti.
SEARED TUNA STEAKS WITH CAPER BUTTER
- Rub tuna with olive oil, salt, and plenty of pepper. Set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, capers, and diced peppers. Turn mixture onto a square of parchment or wax paper, and roll into a log about 1/2-inch in diameter. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet slowly over low heat until very hot (a few drops of water splashed in the pan should evaporate almost immediately). Arrange tuna in skillet, and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. It should be well browned and crisp on the outside and rare to medium on the inside.
- Arrange arugula on plates or platter. Place tuna on top with a slice of caper butter on each steak. Serve immediately.
TUNA, CAPER & CHILLI SPAGHETTI
Throw together tuna, capers and rocket with garlic, chilli and spaghetti to make this easy and healthy supper. It takes just 25 minutes to make
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Dinner, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook the spaghetti for 9-11 mins in a large pan of well-salted water until al dente.
- Heat the oil in a wide frying pan over a very low heat, and gently cook the garlic and chilli to infuse the oil. Remove from the heat if the garlic is turning past light golden, as this will make it bitter.
- Drain the pasta, keeping a cupful of the cooking water, and tip the spaghetti into the frying pan. Toss the pasta in the oil over a low heat, adding a little of the pasta water to emulsify into a sauce that coats the pasta, then fold in the capers, parsley, tuna and some seasoning. Don't stir too vigorously - you want to keep larger chunks of tuna. Toss the rocket and lemon juice through the spaghetti, and serve with extra chilli scattered over, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 57 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 23 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
VEAL, TUNA AND CAPER SANDWICH
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub veal with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear loin on all sides over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes in all. Roast until medium well, about 1 hour, or until internal temperature registers 140 degrees. Let sit at room temperature until cool, then cover and refrigerate until cold and firm, about 6 hours. Slice into 1/8-inch slices, removing strings as you slice.
- In a food processor, pulse the yolks to blend. With the machine running add 1/2 cup of oil in a steady, slow stream and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Keep processing while pouring in 1 cup more oil, then the tuna, in chunks, then anchovies, capers and remaining lemon juice, and then the remaining oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Spread just enough of the tuna sauce over the bottom of a nonreactive loaf pan to cover. Top with a layer of veal and cover with a thin layer of tuna sauce. Repeat until all the veal and sauce are used. Cover and refrigerate 6 to 48 hours.
- To assemble: Spread sauce on one side of all the bread slices. Cover half the slices with the veal, scraping off most of the sauce from the meat. Top with tomatoes and remaining bread, spread sides down. Cut off crusts and cut sandwiches in half.
More about "tuna and caper bites recipes"
TUNA PASTA WITH CAPERS - BELL BUOY OF SEASIDE
TUNA AND CAPER BITES | RECIPE | RECIPES, FULL MEAL RECIPES, …
TUNA FLATBREADS WITH HERBED CAPER CREAM CHEESE, ARUGULA, AND …
31 EASY AND DELICIOUS CANNED TUNA RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
TUNA PASTA SALAD – WELLPLATED.COM
10 BEST TUNA TARTARE WITH CAPERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY TUNA PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND CAPERS - INSIDE THE RUSTIC …
TUNA CHICKPEA PATTIES WITH LEMON CAPER MAYO - CALM EATS
PAN-SEARED TUNA WITH LEMON, CAPERS, AND OLIVES - JAMIE GELLER
TUNA AND CAPER SPREAD | LUNCH RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
10 BEST TUNA BITES RECIPES | YUMMLY
TUNA & CAPER BUTTER | FISH RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
PENNE WITH TUNA, CAPERS AND BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TUNA STEAKS WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
FAMILY FRIENDLY TUNA CASSEROLE & CAPERS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TUNA-CAPER SPREAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CRISPY TUNA WITH TUNA-CAPER SAUCE RECIPE - LIDIA BASTIANICH
PASTA WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - THEJOURNEYGIRL.COM
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS, IN 15 MINUTES · JUST SAVOR IT
TUNA BITES RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
SEARED SESAME TUNA BITES - A QUICK CANAPé - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
BRINY CAPER TUNA SALAD RECIPE | GOOD. FOOD. STORIES.
TUNA PASTA WITH CAPERS AND PARSLEY RECIPE | PORTOFINO
CREAMY TUNA AND CAPER DIP - SERVE IT WITH LOVE
SEARED TUNA WITH OLIVE CAPER VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | VANCOUVER SUN
TUNA STEAKS WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE - GRILLED TUNA RECIPES - FISH …
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - COOKING WITH NONNA
TUNA AND CAPER BITES RECIPE | COOKTHISMEAL.COM
TUNA AND CAPER BITES - SEAFOOD - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
TUNA, CAPER AND ONION MINI PIES RECIPE FROM ROASTING TRAY MAGIC …
TUNA PASTA (WITH A NO-COOK LEMON CAPER SAUCE!) - PINCH AND SWIRL
TUNA LEMON BASIL AND CAPER PASTA SALAD RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CRISPY TUNA BURGER WITH LEMON AND CAPERS - THE FLAVOR BENDER
Low-Cab Snacks – FoodLife515 views-01:59
A Meal In Minutes – Jalapeno Tuna Brown Rice Bites Recipe622 views-01:02
How to Make Lemon Caper Parmesan Potato Salad Bites | MyRecipes1.7K views-01:17
Low Carb Spicy Tuna Bites5.7K views-00:26
How to Make Grilled Tuna Steaks with Grape and Caper Salsa | Tuna Recipes | Allrecipes.com8.6K views-02:41
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook tuna and Capers on the grill?Light the grill or heat the broiler. In a small glass or stainless-steel bowl, mash the capers with a fork. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and then 6 tablespoons of the oil. Coat the tuna with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
What is the best way to cook Tuna fillets?Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Add tuna with oil, capers, and crushed red pepper flakes; heat through. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
How long does it take to make tuna with capers and rocket?It takes just 25 minutes to make Throw together tuna, capers and rocket with garlic, chilli and spaghetti to make this easy and healthy supper. It takes just 25 minutes to make
What do you put in a tuna salad sandwich?1 can (6 ounces) tuna (chunk or solid in olive oil), drained. 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped. grated zest of 1 medium lemon. 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. 1/4 cup fruity olive oil. 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste.