GRILLED YELLOW FIN TUNA WITH GRILLED PINEAPPLE SALSA
- Brush the pineapple slices lightly with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, then place the pineapple slices on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until softened slightly and nicely marked by the grill, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and allow to cool to room temperature. Dice the pineapple slices (discard the tough core portions) and place in a medium nonreactive bowl. Add the red onion, bell pepper, vinegar, jalapenos, lime juice, cilantro and minced garlic. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and stir well to combine. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and set aside as you prepare the tuna.
- Set a grill pan over medium-high heat. Season the tuna steaks with remaining salt and Essence and brush with the 2 remaining tablespoons of the olive oil. Place steaks on the grill, turning 45 degrees after 2 minutes. Repeat on the other side for an additional 2 minutes or until medium-rare. Remove from heat and set aside. Serve with the Grilled Pineapple Salsa.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch
- Published by William Morrow, 1993.
TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE
A caribbean inspired recipe that goes well with either tuna or swordfish steaks. Perfect for the grill too. Serve with an island style rice pilaf. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Provided by BoxOWine
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Prepare marinade by combining marinade ingredients in shallow dish.
- Add tuna and coat with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hr or more, turning occasionally.
- Prepare pineapple sauce by puree in blender until smooth.
- Add bell pepper, vinegar, jalapeno chili, curry powder and ground pepper.
- process until smooth.
- Gradually add olive oil.
- Heat large skillet over high heat.
- Add small amount of peanut oil to skillet so tuna does not stick.
- Remove tuna from marinade, season with salt to taste.
- Add tuna to skillet and cook until brown on each side, about 3 mins per side.
- Spoon sauce on plate.
- Place tuna on top of sauce.
SEARED TUNA WITH CHILE-PINEAPPLE SAUCE
- Combine the rice, 2 1/2 cups water and a big pinch of salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Stir, then cover, reduce the heat to low and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar and the scallion whites to the rice and stir; set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the chile pepper, pineapple juice and lime juice in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until reduced to a thin glaze, about 10 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a small bowl and wipe out the skillet. Toss the cabbage, the remaining 1 teaspoon vinegar and a pinch of salt in another small bowl; set aside.
- Season the tuna with salt on both sides. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil in the reserved skillet over high heat until almost smoking. Add the tuna and cook until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Divide the rice among shallow bowls. Slice the tuna and lay over the rice along with the cabbage and avocado; drizzle the sauce on top. Sprinkle with the scallion greens and corn nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610, Fat 15 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Cholesterol 56 milligrams, Sodium 757 milligrams, Carbohydrate 75 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 42 grams, Sugar 7 grams
TUNA STEAKS WITH GARLIC-HERB CREAM SAUCE
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Melt butter in the hot skillet. Season tuna steaks with salt and pepper and place in the skillet. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add half-and-half and spreadable cheese to the same skillet and stir until incorporated. Add lemon juice. Set 2 tablespoons of the sauce aside. Add spinach to the remaining sauce in the skillet and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide spinach between 2 plates and place tuna steaks on top. Serve reserved sauce over the steaks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.8 calories, Carbohydrate 7.3 g, Cholesterol 98.3 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 38.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 399.3 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
PINEAPPLE PICO TUNA STEAKS
Bursting with flavor from a quick-and-easy marinade, these tuna steaks are topped with pico de gallo made from pineapple, tomatoes, lime juice and a nice kick of jalapeno. -Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the tuna; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine pico de gallo ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving., Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. For medium-rare, grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until slightly pink in the center. Serve with pico de gallo.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385 calories, Fat 9g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 77mg cholesterol, Sodium 974mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED TUNA WITH FRESH PINEAPPLE SALSA
"This easy-to-mix salsa adds tropical flair to sweet and spicy glazed tuna steaks," writes Bonnie Hogan from Rochester, New Hampshire. "It's a delicious and attractive entree with minimal prep work."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings (1 cup salsa).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, cilantro, 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar and jalapeno if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving. In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, ketchup and remaining vinegar; set aside. , Rub both sides of fish with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack., Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, basting frequently with reserved hoisin sauce mixture. Serve with pineapple salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 77mg cholesterol, Sodium 385mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
TERIYAKI TUNA STEAKS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or grill to medium-high.
- Center one tuna steak on each sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil with non-stick (dull) side toward food; top with pineapple chunks. Combine teriyaki sauce, ginger and salt; spoon over tuna and pineapple. Arrange vegetables beside tuna.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make two packets.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven.
- OR Grill 8 to 10 minutes in covered grill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.7 calories, Carbohydrate 29.9 g, Cholesterol 54.2 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 37.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 1338.7 mg, Sugar 21.2 g
SPICED TUNA WITH PINEAPPLE GLAZE
This is a recipe that I found at another web site and adapted to suit our taste. This has a little bit of a kick. Serve this with jasmine rice to soak up the wonderful glaze!
Provided by PaulaG
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Combine the spice rub ingredients in a heavy skillet, mix well, and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until spices begin to smoke and become fragrant.
- Remove from heat, cool, place in a coffee grinder and grind until fine.
- To make the glaze, combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture is reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Add the catsup and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add lime juice, cilantro and white pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Rub the tuna steaks on all sides with spice mixture.
- Grill the tuna over a medium fire for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until center is still slightly pink for medium-rare.
- Spread pineapple slices lightly with glaze and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve grilled steaks on top of jasmine rice with glaze spooned over, top with a slice of pineapple.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466.3, Fat 9.9, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 64.6, Sodium 2002.3, Carbohydrate 51.4, Fiber 5, Sugar 35, Protein 44.4
More about "tuna steaks with pineapple sauce recipes"
HAWAII SEARED TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE
5/5 (3)Total Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 372 per serving
SMOKY TUNA STEAKS WITH LEMON-PEPPER SAUCE | HY-VEE
GRILLED TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA RECIPE
TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SEARED TUNA WITH GRILLED-PINEAPPLE SALSA RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
HAWAII SEARED TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE | GIANT FOOD
PINEAPPLE SAUCE FOR STEAK - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
18 EASY AND TASTY TUNA PINEAPPLE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
10 BEST TUNA FISH WITH PINEAPPLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST EVER PINEAPPLE TERIYAKI MARINADE FOR TUNA OR SALMON
TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE RECIPE BY HEALTHYCOOKING
GRILLED TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CAJUN TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA RECIPE
SEARING YELLOWFIN TUNA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GRILLED TUNA STEAK WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA - COOKING MANIAC
TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HAWAII SEARED TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE | SAVORY
TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE | NATURALLY SAVVY
TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE - CHAMPSDIET.COM
RECIPE: TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE CHUTNEY STEP BY STEP WITH …
TUNA BURGERS WITH PINEAPPLE GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PAN SEARED TUNA STEAK SALAD WITH NOUBESS HOT AND SPICY …
10 BEST TUNA STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPE | GOOD THYMES AND GOOD FOOD
TUNA STEAK WITH PINEAPPLE & CUCUMBER SALSA & GRILLED ASIAN …
GRILLED TUNA WITH PINEAPPLE CHIPOTLE SALSA - PAULA DEEN
GRILLED TUNA STEAKS WITH HONEY VINAIGRETTE | KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
TUNA STEAK WITH PINEAPPLE & CUCUMBER SALSA & GRILLED ASIAN ... - IGA
HAWAII SEARED TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE | STOP AND SHOP
TUNA STEAKS WITH HOT PEPPER SALSA - WAITROSE
SEARED TUNA WITH PINEAPPLE SCALLION SALSA - DISH IT GIRL RECIPE BOX
TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
TUNA STEAK SAUCE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TERIYAKI TUNA WITH FRESH PINEAPPLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TERIYAKI TUNA STEAKS - REYNOLDS BRANDS
TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TUNA STEAK RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HAWAII SEARED TUNA STEAKS WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE | RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #condiments-etc #fruit #seafood #caribbean #oven #central-american #dinner-party #romantic #fish #broil #food-processor-blender #stove-top #dietary #spicy #tuna #citrus #lemon #lime #oranges #tropical-fruit #pineapple #saltwater-fish #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #small-appliance
You'll also love