SPICY TUNA TARTARE
- Whisk together mayonnaise, soy sauce, and Sriracha in a nonreactive bowl. Add tuna and chives, and gently combine with a fork. Top each gaufrette with 1 tablespoon tuna tartare, and garnish with chives.
TUNA TARTARE (BAREFOOT CONTESSA) INA GARTEN
I just saw the Barefoot Contessa make this on her "Book Party" show, Barefoot Contessa Family Style, 2002. It reminded me of an affair I attended awhile back and they served Tuna Tartare -- I loved it! This runs the closest second to the one I had. I hope you will try it -- it is scrumptious! It requires at least 1 hour chilling time while the flavors marry.
Provided by Manami
Yield 50 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cut the tuna into 1/4-inch dice and place it in a very large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, wasabi, soy sauce, hot red pepper sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over the tuna, add the scallions and jalapeno, and mix well.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, and peel.
- Cut the avocados into 1/4-inch dice.
- Carefully mix the avocado into the tuna mixture; so that the lime juice covers thewm. (To prevent discoloration).
- Add the toasted sesame seeds, if using, and season to taste.
- Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend.
- Serve on crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122.7, Fat 9.2, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 12.9, Sodium 429, Carbohydrate 2, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 0.2, Protein 8.4
This came from the CDKitchen. It is excellent! Great as a meal, or as an appetizer. Lite, healthy and scrumptious!
Provided by ElvisPresley99
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Sesame Wonton Crisps: Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the wonton squares on an angle to make two triangles. Arrange the wonton triangles on the baking sheet. Spray with olive oil on one side (or brush lightly). Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds. Bake until golden, about 6 minutes. (Can burn easily so watch carefully). Let cool. (Alternatively, if you want cups, put the oiled whole wrappers in mini muffin tins). Remove triangles from the pan and let cook on a cooling rack.
- Tuna Tartar: Mix tuna, green onions, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, orange zest, cilantro and salt together in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Assembly: Right before ready to serve, add the avocado and lime juice. (Do not mix in advance.) Place a heaping teaspoon of the tuna mixture on each wonton triangle. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro. Serve immediately. It is important that the tuna is not left at room temperature for more than 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59.1, Fat 3.9, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 3, Sodium 146.7, Carbohydrate 3.7, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 0.1, Protein 2.7
- In a bowl, stir together olive oil, wasabi powder, sesame seeds, and cracked black pepper. Toss tuna into mixture until evenly coated. Adjust seasoning as desired with additional wasabi powder or black pepper. Serve on sliced French bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.1 calories, Carbohydrate 42.6 g, Cholesterol 34 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 26.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 513.8 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
- Cut the tuna into 1/4-inch dice and place it in a very large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, wasabi, soy sauce, hot red pepper sauce, salt, and pepper. Pour over the tuna, add the scallions and jalapeno, and mix well. Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, and peel. Cut the avocados into 1/4-inch dice. Carefully mix the avocado into the tuna mixture. Add the toasted sesame seeds, if using, and season to taste. Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend. Serve on crackers.
CLASSIC TUNA TARTARE
- 1. Prepare the tuna tartare: Slice the tuna into 3/4 inch dice and place into a chilled glass bowl. Drizzle the olive oil into the bowl to gently coat the tuna. Add the cucumber, ginger, shallot and garlic. Gently toss ingredients together. Reserve the lemon juice and zest until right before serving. 2. Make the Dijon vinaigrette: Add the Dijon and the white-wine vinegar to a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 3. Assemble: Add the lemon juice and zest to the tuna and toss gently. Place four 1 inch by inch ring molds (or timbales) on chilled plates. Fill each ring mold with an event amount of the tuna tartare. Gently remove the ring molds. Toss the greens in the mustrt vinaigrette and garnish around the tuna. Finish with additional lemon zest and pepper. This serves 4 as a main course, or 8 as an appetizer.
More about "tunatartare recipes"
TUNA TARTARE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Starter
TUNA TARTARE | JAMIE OLIVER
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsCategory Quick FixesCalories 228 per serving
TUNA TARTARE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 4Category Main Course
TUNA TARTARE WITH AVOCADO AND WASABI PURéE | RICARDO
5/5 (44)Total Time 25 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 320 per serving
10 BEST AHI TUNA TARTARE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST TUNA TARTARE RECIPES | YUMMLY
TUNA AND AVOCADO TARTARE TOSTADA RECIPE | BOBBY FLAY ...
5/5 (12)Author Bobby FlayServings 32Category Appetizer
- For the tortillas: Heat the oil in a heavy, high-sided pan to 350 degrees F. Fry the tortilla pieces a few at a time until lightly golden brown and crisp. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels and season with salt.
- For the tartare: Combine tuna, mustard oil, olive oil, capers, chipotle, cilantro, and green onion in a large bowl. Gently fold in the avocado and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place each of the fried tortilla pieces on a plate and spread with a small dollop of the avocado butter. Top the butter with some of the tuna tartare. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
AHI TUNA TARTARE RECIPE WITH GINGER | COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
5/5 (5)Total Time 45 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 60 per serving
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the salt. Cover with plastic and let the flavors come together in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes and up to 2 hours. (Two hours is ideal.)
- Season to taste with salt and serve. (Here's How to Season to Taste.) Serve with chips, lettuce leaves, wonton crisps, or on a plate!
TUNA TARTARE RECIPE (HOLIDAY APPETIZER!) - WELL SEASONED ...
Ratings 2Servings 4Cuisine AsianCategory Appetizer
- Make the marinade. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, and ginger paste in a small bowl, then whisk well. Set aside.
- Cut the tuna. Using a very sharp knife, cut the tuna into ⅛" dice, trimming away any sinew or skin. Place tuna in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Add avocado, onion, jalapeño (½ if you like it mild, or the full pepper for a bit more heat), cilantro, and 1 tsp sesame seeds. Pour marinade on top, then toss to thoroughly coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
TUNA TARTARE – MISE
Author Erik Hernandez
TUNA TARTARE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.9/5 (15)Total Time 20 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 241 per serving
TUNA TARTARE RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
TUNA TARTARE RECIPE WITH SESAME | WILLIAMS SONOMA
5/5 (3)Total Time 25 minsServings 4
TUNA TARTARE IN SESAME GINGER SAUCE - CHOOSING CHIA
5/5 (23)Total Time 15 minsCategory MainCalories 430 per serving
ASIAN TUNA TARTARE RECIPE - ERIC RIPERT | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Servings 4
TUNA TARTARE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE. WHAT IS TUNA TARTARE ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
SPICY CRUNCHY TUNA TARTARE (EASY APPETIZER) - SKINNYTASTE
5/5 (3)Total Time 15 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 198 per serving
TUNA TARTARE RECIPE GORDON RAMSAY - PIONEER WOMAN MUG
CLASSIC STEAK TARTARE | RICARDO
TUNA TARTARE RECIPE : TUNA TATAKI - CAROLINE'S COOKING ...
TUNA TARTARE RECIPE NOBU - PIONEER WOMAN TOPS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make tuna tartare?In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, wasabi, soy sauce, hot red pepper sauce, salt, and pepper. Pour over the tuna, add the scallions and jalapeno, and mix well. Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, and peel. Cut the avocados into 1/4-inch dice. Carefully mix the avocado into the tuna mixture.
What kind of seeds are in tuna tartare?Tuna tartare is a dish made with raw tuna cut into small pieces or cubes that are usually served in a bowl. The Asian flavors of ginger, soy, chile and lime juice are added to highlight the clean, silky taste of the tuna, and a scattering of sesame seeds delivers a nice crunch. This recipe can also be made with avocado.
How to make Tuna Tartare with avocado and wasabi?In a bowl, with a fork, mash the avocado with the lime juice and wasabi paste. Strain through a sieve. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate. In a large bowl, combine the green onion, lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, sesame oil, and wasabi. Add the tuna and combine gently. Season with salt.
What kind of jelly is used in tuna tartare?Michael Wignall 's tuna tartare recipe is an ode to Japanese flavours, with dashi jelly draped over tuna paired with with ponzu, shiso and yuzu, among others. The mango emulsion adds a touch of sweetness to this umami-packed plate, while the puffed wild rice adds a satisfying crunch.