TURKEY IN A HURRY
This dish is easy to prepare and really brings some variety to mealtime. It's a delicious non-traditional way to fix turkey, which cooks up moist and tasty. My husband, our two daughters and I all enjoy it. -Denise Goedeken, Platte Center, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut tenderloins in half lengthwise, then into serving-size pieces. Place on rack of broiler pan. , In a small saucepan, heat remaining ingredients until butter is melted. Broil turkey until lightly browned on one side. Brush with the herb butter; turn and brown the other side. Brush with butter., Continue cooking 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, brushing often with butter.
Nutrition Facts :
TURKEY IN A BAG
This is a very easy way to make a Thanksgiving turkey using an oven bag. The bird will be perfectly moist when done, and you can make gravy out of the juice that forms in the bottom of the bag. Plus, cleanup is a snap! The cooking time will vary for different sized turkeys.
Provided by DYCLARK
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse turkey and remove giblets. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a turkey size oven bag with flour. Place turkey, celery and onions in the bag. Seal bag and poke several holes in it with a fork.
- Bake 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature of the thigh meat reaches 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 743.8 calories, Carbohydrate 3.8 g, Cholesterol 308.7 mg, Fat 36.5 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 93.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 309.5 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
JUICY THANKSGIVING TURKEY
My grandmother and mother passed this recipe on to me. It changes just a little every year, because we've never written it down before. But it is always incredibly juicy and succulent!
Provided by Kirsten
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a turkey roaster with long sheets of aluminum foil that will be long enough to wrap over the turkey.
- Stir together the parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme, lemon pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Rub the herb mixture into the cavity of the turkey, then stuff with the celery, orange, onion, and carrot. Truss if desired, and place the turkey into the roasting pan. Pour the chicken broth and champagne over the turkey, making sure to get some champagne in the cavity. Bring the aluminum foil over the top of the turkey, and seal. Try to keep the foil from touching the skin of the turkey breast or legs.
- Bake the turkey in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear. Uncover the turkey, and continue baking until the skin turns golden brown, 30 minutes to 1 hour longer. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove the turkey from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 201.2 mg, Fat 24 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 69.3 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 680.2 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
CURRY IN A HURRY
This is such a favourite fallback of mine, I would never be without the staples I need to make it: coconut milk and green curry paste in the cupboard; various packages of green vegetables in the freezer. Of course, there are the other bits and pieces, too, but these are the main ones. The chicken thigh fillets I buy as and when I need them. If you want to make this with fresh vegetables rather than frozen, then up the water (keeping the amount of stock concentrate the same) and indeed I would double it to 2 cups. But if using frozen, I find it easier to use a cappuccino cup, or some such, and just measure out 1 1/2 cups of each frozen green veg rather than weigh. The chicken, anyway, comes in packets, so it just keeps everything easy and straightforward.This is what to cook when you find out mid afternoon that you've somehow acquired 6 people for dinner.
Provided by Nigella Lawson : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, one that owns a lid, and drop in the scallions. Cook, stirring for a minute or 2, and then add the curry paste.
- Add the chicken pieces and keep turning over heat for 2 minutes, before adding the coconut milk, stock (or rather water and stock concentrate or cube) and fish sauce and then the frozen peas and soya beans.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then add the frozen fine beans and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles, as wished, sprinkling over the coriander/cilantro as you do so. Put out a plate of lime wedges for people to squeeze over as they eat.
TURKEY CURRY IN A HURRY (COOK'S ILLUSTRATED)
A very good way to use leftover turkey or chicken. CI recommends using only whole milk yogurt (not low- or non-fat), as the sauce otherwise will be thin and can have an off flavor. I often have left-over roasted veggies, or will use a combo of sweet and white potatoes, cauliflower, squash, red onions. I serve this with rice or couscous, and sometimes add dried cranberries instead of raisins - I doubt that's Indian, but it works together well. Time does not include time to roast veggies, if you have none handy.
Provided by duonyte
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just simmering.
- Add the onion, raisins, curry powder and salt and cook until the onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the roasted vegetables, chickpeas, and water and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the turkey and peas and cook until heated through, 2 or 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat, stir in the yogurt and cilantro. Check for salt (to taste) and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480.8, Fat 17.7, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 61.8, Sodium 765.5, Carbohydrate 49, Fiber 9.7, Sugar 12.9, Protein 32.9
BRIDGET JONES'S TURKEY BUFFET CURRY IN A HURRY!
This is another one of my daughter's student recipes! She made it up one evening, when deciding what to have for supper, based on her fridge and storecupboard contents!! She has cooked it for us at home, and now I have decided to post it on Zaar, as it is such an easy and inexpensive recipe! Obviously home-made curry powder is always best - but any good quality curry powder will do; this is a curry in a hurry, and aptly named in honour of Bridget Jones's Turkey Curry Buffet, the annual event that she is forced to attend at her parent's house every New Year's Day! Have fun and enjoy!
Provided by French Tart
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil, for about 5 to 10 minutes or until soft and well coloured.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Simmer, stirring at regular intervals for about 15 to 20 minutes, do not allow to boil.
- Add the yoghurt if using and mix well; allow to heat up gently for about 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve hot with steamed/boiled rice, this makes two generous servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.8, Fat 6.9, SaturatedFat 2, Sodium 22.4, Carbohydrate 21.3, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 12.6, Protein 2.5
More about "turkey in a hurry recipes"
TURKEY IN A HURRY RECIPE | RECIPELAND
2.8/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsServings 6Calories 68 per serving
JUICIEST TURKEY RECIPE EVER - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
21 EASY TURKEY RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
STEVE DOOCY: THANKSGIVING 2020 -- HERE'S AN EASY SIDE …
EASY HIGH-HEAT ROAST TURKEY WITH GRAVY - ONCE UPON A …
20+ TURKEY BURGER RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE IN A HURRY
TURKEY MEALS IN A HURRY | MEALS IN A HURRY
23 EASY AND TASTY IN-A-HURRY RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
TURKEY CURRY IN A HURRY (COOK’S ILLUSTRATED)
TURKEY IN A HURRY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
COCONUT TURKEY CURRY IN A HURRY | HEARTBEET KITCHEN | RECIPE
TURKEY BREAST RECIPE: TURKEY ESCALOPES: A FANTASTIC MEAL IN A HURRY
HOW TO COOK A TURKEY IN A BAG - THE EASIEST THANKSGIVING TURKEY
45 TURKEY RECIPES TO MAKE RIGHT NOW | TASTE OF HOME
ASTRAY RECIPES: TURKEY IN A HURRY
TURKEY IN A HURRY | RECIPE | RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES, COOKING
TURKEY IN A HURRY - RECIPE #3489 - FOODGEEKS
FOODIE RECIPES: TURKEY IN A HURRY
TURKEY CURRY IN A HURRY | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
COCONUT TURKEY CURRY IN A HURRY | HEARTBEET KITCHEN
TURKEY CURRY IN A HURRY - EAST SIDE TABLE
TURKEY CURRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TURKEY CURRY IN A HURRY! – TEACH, COACH, COOK.
TURKEY IN A HURRY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
THE BEST TURKEY BRINE RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
TURKEY GRAVY IN A HURRY - LUNDS & BYERLYS
COCONUT TURKEY CURRY IN A HURRY | RECIPE CART
TURKEY IN A HURRY (AKA DESPERATION TURKEY) - WIREDPEN
TURKEY IN A HURRY | RECIPE | TURKEY TENDERLOIN, RECIPES, TURKEY …
TURKEY CURRY IN A HURRY - TODAY
STEVE DOOCY: A DELICIOUS DAY-AFTER-THANKSGIVING RECIPE - FOX NEWS
4 GREAT WAYS TO COOK A TURKEY AND NEW RECIPES TO TRY
ROASTED TURKEY … OR CHICKEN …’IN A HURRY’
GROUND TURKEY RECIPES IN A HURRY - COUNTRYFARM-LIFESTYLES.COM
CHICKEN CURRY IN A HURRY | PARENTS
TURKEY IN A HURRY RECIPE BY RIZWANA | GET BEST RECIPES ONLINE …
You'll also love