TIKKA MASALA TURKEY BURGERS
Grab some tikka masala sauce at your local Indian market to deepen the flavors of this juicy broiled turkey burger. For added satisfaction, serve alongside buttery potatoes and peas laced with cumin.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch; season with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes, adding the peas in the last 1 minute of cooking. Drain the potatoes and peas; reserve the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, toss the red onion, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water and a big pinch of salt in a bowl; set aside. Mix the turkey with 1/4 cup tikka masala sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Shape into four 1/4-inch-thick patties. Put on the prepared baking sheet; spread with the remaining 1/4 cup tikka masala sauce. Broil until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the reserved saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, then add the potatoes and peas. Cook, stirring, until hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/3 cup cilantro; season with salt.
- Drain the red onion. Serve the burgers on the buns with the mayonnaise and red onion. Serve with the potatoes and peas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 640, Fat 34 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Cholesterol 106 milligrams, Sodium 960 milligrams, Carbohydrate 54 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 26 grams, Sugar 6 grams
TURKEY TIKKA MASALA
- Toast the coriander, black peppercorns, cumin, brown mustard, cloves and cinnamon stick in a dry cast-iron skillet until fragrant, about 3 minutes (see Cook's Note). Grind the toasted spices along with the cardamom pods, nutmeg and red pepper flakes in a spice grinder until fine, about 1 minute.
- Transfer roughly two-thirds of the spice mixture (about 2 tablespoons plus 2 1/2 teaspoons), the yogurt, 1 teaspoon of the salt and the turkey thighs to a 1-gallon zip-top bag. Seal the bag, squish to fully coat the thighs and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours.
- Place a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the canola oil and when shimmering, add the onion and the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to brown around the edges, about 8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the ginger, garlic and chiles. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is evenly brown, 7 to 8 minutes more. Add the remaining spice mixture and the tomatoes and cook until reduced and darkened in color, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and lime juice. Kill the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Park a grill pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, then lightly brush with oil. Remove the turkey from the bag, keeping as much yogurt on the meat as possible, and grill until the yogurt is well-charred, approximately 5 minutes per side. Remove the thighs from the heat and rest for 5 minutes before cutting into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the turkey pieces to the sauce and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 20 minutes, taking care to not let the sauce boil as the yogurt may curdle.
- To serve, spoon over basmati or jasmine rice and garnish with fresh mint and cilantro.
TURKEY TIKKA MASALA
This twist on the Punjabi-style curry gives a new life to leftover turkey. The turkey is marinated overnight in yogurt, turmeric, garam masala and garlic paste, imparting deep flavors and moisture. Tomatoes and cream add warmth, while serrano peppers give the tikka masala its kick. Serve it alongside steamed basmati rice for a deeply satisfying meal.
Provided by Samin Nosrat
Categories curries, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Make the marinade: In a medium bowl, stir together garam masala, coriander, cumin, paprika, turmeric, kosher salt, garlic, ginger and yogurt. Fold in the turkey. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Make the masala: On the stove top, heat a Dutch oven or similar pot over medium-high heat. Add 3 tablespoons ghee or neutral oil, then add onion, cardamom, bay leaf, paprika, pepper flakes (if using), garam masala and a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are brown and tender, 10 to 15 minutes, adjusting temperature as needed so the onion doesn't burn.
- Make space among onions in center of pot, and add 1 tablespoon ghee or neutral oil. When ghee has melted or oil begins to shimmer, add ginger, garlic and serrano peppers, and sizzle for about 10 seconds. Combine that mixture with the spiced onions. Stir in tomato paste. Add tomatoes and their juices, crushing them with your hands as you add them. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until the liquid is almost gone, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add cream and chopped cilantro to the pot. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, then taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 40 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
- In the meantime, line a baking sheet with foil, turn on oven broiler, and arrange an oven rack about 6 inches from broiling unit. Lay the marinated turkey on the foil in a single layer. Stir any remaining marinade into the sauce. Broil until turkey begins to blacken in spots, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Use a hand-held blender (or blender) to purée the sauce, then add turkey and return the sauce to a simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until just warmed through. Just before serving, stir in lemon juice. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- To serve, garnish with cilantro sprigs. Serve hot, with steamed basmati rice. Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
GRILLED CORN-STUFFED TURKEY BURGERS
Surprise! Bite into a burger and be delighted with the tasty extras grilled right inside the burger.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix turkey, bread crumbs and chiles. Shape mixture into 8 patties, about 1/4 inch thick.
- In small bowl, mix corn, salsa, cilantro and salt. Spoon about 2 tablespoons corn mixture onto center of 4 patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges to seal.
- Place patties on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 12 to 14 minutes, turning once, until thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 165°F. Top patties with cheese. Cover grill; cook about 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Serve with additional salsa and chopped cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 43 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Sandwich, Sodium 910 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 1/2 g
TURKEY TIKKA MASALA
Crave spice after the traditional Christmas lunch? Want to turn your leftover turkey into a whole new dish? This tasty turkey tikka masala is for you
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish or shallow pan over a medium heat, and fry the onions for 10-12 mins until golden. Stir in the garlic, ginger, chilli and all the spices, and cook for 2 mins more until the mixture resembles a paste. Stir in the tomato purée, passata or chopped tomatoes and mango chutney, and bring to a simmer. Cook for a further 10 mins.
- Stir in most of the cream and the yogurt, if using, and return the mixture to a simmer. Add the turkey and continue to simmer until the turkey is piping hot. Remove from the heat, drizzle over the remaining cream and stir through briefly. Scatter over some coriander and flaked almonds, and serve with the rice and naan breads on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563 calories, Fat 34 grams fat, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 51 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
TIKKA TURKEY BURGERS
These Indian-inspired burgers are made with lean ground turkey and flavoured with tikka paste and yogurt. If you have the time, make these burgers a few hours in advance, which will allow the flavours to marinate the meat. Serve the burgers in halved baby naan breads with some baby spinach leaves and a spoonful of tzatziki. These burgers can be frozen. Open-freeze the patties on a tray lined with greaseproof paper until firm, then pack into labelled containers or freezer bags and freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost thoroughly in the fridge before cooking.
Provided by English_Rose
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, mix together the onion, tikka paste, yogurt and mango chutney. Stir in the ground turkey, cilantro and seasoning and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and, with wet hands to prevent sticking, shape into burgers.
- Brush the burgers with a little oil and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or broiler and cook the burgers for 6-8 minutes on each side until they are thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.5, Fat 10, SaturatedFat 2.8, Cholesterol 90.6, Sodium 179.8, Carbohydrate 4, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 1.5, Protein 20.5
SOUTHWEST TURKEY BURGERS WITH CORN SALSA
Categories Sandwich Poultry turkey Vegetable Corn Summer Grill/Barbecue Bon Appétit
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Oil grill rack. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Combine turkey, crushed chips, 4 tablespoons cilantro, chili powder, salt, cumin, and pepper in large bowl. Using fork, mix together. Form 6 patties, each about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Mix together salsa, corn, and remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro in small bowl. Set aside. Grill burgers until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Divide among plates. Spoon salsa over burgers and serve.
CURRY TURKEY BURGERS
Looking for something a bit different from your ordinary beef burger? Give lean ground turkey burgers a pop of flavor by adding curry powder and mango chutney. We enjoy ours on a sesame seed bun with leaf lettuce, Sriracha mayo, and occasionally, a slice of onion.
Provided by lutzflcat
Categories Turkey Burgers
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine ground turkey, mango chutney, bread crumbs, dried onion, curry powder, ginger, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl; mix well. Quarter the mixture, and shape into patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- Move patties to the freezer for 20 minutes to help them hold their shape better on the grill and not fall apart.
- Prepare an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook turkey burgers on the preheated grill over direct heat until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 4 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228.1 calories, Carbohydrate 12.1 g, Cholesterol 83.6 mg, Fat 10.5 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 23.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 533.7 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
CHICKEN TIKKA BURGERS
This Indian dish is traditionally cooked in a clay oven, but works on the barbecue too- try with homemade tamarind chutney and herb salad
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Main course
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Open out each chicken breast and flatten slightly. Place the chicken in the marinade for at least 2-3 hrs. Meanwhile, mix the chutney ingredients together and set aside. (It will keep in the fridge overnight.)
- Heat the BBQ until the coals are ashen, then griddle the chicken for 4-5 mins on each side until cooked through. Toss the salad ingredients and place the chicken in the buns with the salad and spoonfuls of chutney. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438 calories, Fat 8.7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3.1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 52.3 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9.6 grams sugar, Fiber 4.8 grams fiber, Protein 37.1 grams protein, Sodium 1.7 milligram of sodium
INDIAN TURKEY BURGERS WITH LIME, CUCUMBERS, AND CHUTNEY
A blend of spices - cumin, coriander, cloves, and cinnamon - give Indian flavor to this spicy turkey and spinach burger.
Provided by Ben S.
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Turkey Ground Turkey Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Set garlic in a small skillet over medium-high heat; toast until spotty brown, about 5 minutes. Peel, mince and set aside.
- Mix salt, pepper, coriander, 1/2 tsp. cumin, cinnamon and cloves in a small bowl.
- Break up turkey in a medium bowl; add garlic, spinach, spice mixture, ginger and jalapeno; stir lightly with a fork to combine. Divide turkey mixture into 4 portions. Toss meat back and forth between cupped hands to form a ball. Pat with fingertips to flatten to about 4 1/2 inches wide. Refrigerate.
- Mix cucumber, lime juice, 1/4 tsp. cumin and salt to taste in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For charcoal grill: Build a hot fire on one side of grill. Replace rack. When coals are covered with white ash, add burgers. Cover and cook, turning only once, until done, about 5 minutes per side.
- Grill pitas until spotty brown and warm, a minute or so per side. Split crosswise. Place a burger on each of 4 pita halves. Top with cucumbers and chutney, then remaining pita halves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.9 calories, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 112 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 30.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 632.9 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
TURKEY TIKKA BURGERS WITH INDIAN CORN
Make and share this Turkey Tikka Burgers With Indian Corn recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 2 servings plus 1 leftover patty
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Place corn in a skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes; drain and return to pan.
- While the corn is cooking, make the burgers; heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Mix turkey, scallions, ginger, garlic, bell pepper, cilantro, curry paste, grill seasoning, and yogurt together.
- Form 3 large patties; drizzle patties with oil.
- Cook in hot skillet 5 minutes on each side.
- Back to the corn: melt butter with chili powder, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, and salt in a microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds.
- Stir melted butter and spices to combine; then pour over hot corn in pan.
- Shake pan to roll corn evenly in butter and spices.
- Place burgers on bun bottoms; spread mango chutney on bun tops.
- Top burgers with lettuce, tomato, and sliced cucumber; set bun tops in place.
- Serve with spiced corn on the cob.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 920.2, Fat 42.3, SaturatedFat 15.7, Cholesterol 262.6, Sodium 799.1, Carbohydrate 72.8, Fiber 7.6, Sugar 10.8, Protein 64.9
More about "turkey tikka burgers with indian corn recipes"
TIKKA TURKEY BURGERS - PINCH OF NOM
4/5 (75)Category Dinner, LunchCuisine American, IndianTotal Time 35 mins
- In a large bowl mix the turkey mince with all the other burger ingredients (not the low calorie cooking spray, rocket, tomatoes and rolls).
- Cut the piece of cucumber in half lengthways, scoop out the seeds and finely chop the flesh. Place it in a bowl.
TURKEY TIKKA BURGERS RECIPE - REDBOOK
INDIAN CURRY TURKEY BURGERS - SIMPLE HEALTHY KITCHEN
TURKEY BURGER RECIPE TIKKA WITH CORONATION SLAW
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
ALOO TIKKI BURGER - DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
INDIAN TURKEY BURGERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TURKEY TIKKA BURGERS WITH LIGHT CORONATION SLAW | RECIPE | RECIPES ...
JUICY TURKEY BASIL & CORN BURGERS - BRITISH TURKEY
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
TURKEY TIKKA BURGER WITH MANGO CHUTNEY YOGURT SAUCE
SOUTHWEST TURKEY BURGERS WITH CORN SALSA RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
TURKEY TIKKA BURGERS WITH INDIAN CORN RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
TURKEY TIKKA BURGERS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
TURKEY TIKKA BURGERS RECIPE - MAKDPOB.COM
INDIAN CURRY TURKEY BURGERS - SHUTTERBEAN
CORNMEAL TURKEY BURGER - CANADIAN TURKEY
TIKKA TURKEY BURGERS - RECIPES
TIKKA TURKEY BURGERS - BE STRONG
INDIAN TURKEY BURGER - FEED YOUR SOUL TOO
TURKEY TIKKA MASALA MEATBALLS WITH BOMBAY NEW POTATOES
INDIAN SPICED TURKEY BURGERS ON THE STOVE - MYINDIANSTOVE
TURKEY TIKKA BURGERS WITH INDIAN CORN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
TURKEY TIKKA BURGERS RECIPE - GROUND TURKEY RECIPES
TIKKA MASALA TURKEY BURGERS – RECIPES NETWORK
TURKEY TIKKA BURGERS RECIPE - GROUND TURKEY RECIPES - REDBOOK
MEXICAN TURKEY BURGERS WITH GRILLED CORN - WHITNEYBOND.COM
TIKKA TURKEY BURGERS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
TURKEY TIKKA RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CHICKEN TIKKA BURGERS WITH NAAN BREAD AND RAITA | INDIAN RECIPES
SAMMICH SATURDAY: TURKEY TIKKA BURGERS - SWEET BEGINNINGS BLOG
TURKEY BURGERS WITH TOMATO CORN SALSA - SARA MOULTON
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love