UPSIDE-DOWN BLUEBERRY-LEMON CAKE
This berry packed upside-down cake is perfect for dessert or brunch, served with a dollop of sweetened sour cream.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter just the sides of a 9-inch round cake pan.
- For the caramel topping: Stir the sugar and 1/3 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Stop stirring, and gently swirl the saucepan occasionally until the mixture is the color of light amber, 4 to 5 minutes. If needed, brush any sugar crystals off the side of the pan with a wet pastry brush. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and carefully whisk in the butter (take care: the mixture can bubble up considerably). Pour the caramel into the prepared cake pan, tilting the pan to cover most of the bottom (be careful: the pan will be very hot from the caramel). Scatter the blueberries over the caramel.
- For the cake: Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk the milk and sour cream together in a small bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium-high speed in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition and scraping down the side of the bowl as needed, then beat in the vanilla and lemon zest. Reduce the mixer speed to low, and add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the milk-sour cream mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter over the blueberries in the cake pan, and spread evenly. Bake the cake until it is golden brown and bounces back when pressed and a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center, 50 to 60 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake to separate it from the pan. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack until just cool enough to handle, about 30 minutes. Invert a serving platter over the cake pan and, while holding them together, quickly flip them over so the cake unmolds, blueberry-side up. Let cool completely. Cut into wedges, and serve.
BLUEBERRY-LEMON UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
I was young when I married, so I watched my mother-in-law to learn baking. This cake with fresh blueberries is one of her beauties. -Bonnie Roberts, Newaygo, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer blueberries, sugar and marshmallows. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding lemon zest before mixing batter; pour over marshmallows., Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313 calories, Fat 11g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 279mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (34g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
LEMON BLUEBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rub 2 tablespoons butter over the bottom and sides of an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Whisk 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and allspice together in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the bottom and sides of the cake pan. Arrange blueberries evenly over the bottom.
- Combine remaining butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat well. Beat in lemon juice and zest on low speed.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in another bowl. Add to the butter mixture in 3 batches, alternating with milk, beating on low speed after each addition until batter is well combined.
- Spoon batter smoothly and evenly over the blueberries in the pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack, about 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake and invert onto a rimmed platter or serving dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.2 calories, Carbohydrate 49.1 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 182.1 mg, Sugar 30.1 g
LEMON UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
- Prepare a grill for indirect heat. If using a charcoal grill, build the hot coals on one side only. If using a gas grill, heat one side only to medium-high heat.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a small bowl. Whisk together the eggs, milk, olive oil, sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place a shallow enameled Dutch oven over direct heat. Add the butter and melt. Continue to toast the butter until it becomes brown and nutty, 1 to 2 minutes. Swirl the butter up the sides of the Dutch oven as you are toasting it to prevent the cake from sticking.
- After the butter has browned, whisk in the brown sugar and allow it to melt. The mixture will resemble wet sand and won't get completely smooth.
- Take the Dutch oven off the heat and shingle the lemon slices in, covering the whole surface. Keep in mind that this will be the top of your cake. Pour the batter into the Dutch oven and put it back over indirect heat. Close the grill and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out dry, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the cake from the grill and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Invert the cake onto a platter and continue to cool until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, place a 2-cup glass jar with a lid in the freezer for 20 minutes. When the jar is cold, pour in the cream and add the sugar and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Vigorously shake until you end up with soft whipped cream, about 5 minutes.
- Cut the cake into 8 slices and serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- (Alternatively, you can bake the cake in a 350 degrees F oven for 50 minutes.)
LEMON BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
I could kiss Bobby Flay for coming up with this dessert recipe. I love the combination of blueberries and lemon. Trump that with a carmelized blueberry topping over a yummy white chocolate and coconut-flavored cake! Now you're talkin'! *Make sure to read through the recipe so you can have some ingredients at room temperature*
Provided by LifeIsGood
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Lemon Blueberry Topping:.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9 inch round cake pan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar and cook, stirring, until the mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Arrange the blueberries evenly over the brown sugar mixture.
- Scatter the lemon zest over the blueberries.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer (you may do this in a stand mixer if you don't have a hand-held) set at medium speed, beat the butter until creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is light in texture, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the vanilla and white chocolate.
- On low speed, beat in half the flour mixture until just combined.
- Scrape down the bowl and beat in the coconut milk.
- Beat in the remaining flour mixture until combined.
- Spoon batter over the topping in the cake pan, spreading it evenly over the berries until they are completely covered.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 3 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake to release it from the sides of the pan.
- Invert a serving plate over the cake and turn the cake out onto the plate.
- Let cool 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 502.4, Fat 24.1, SaturatedFat 15.4, Cholesterol 99.6, Sodium 146.9, Carbohydrate 69.1, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 50.7, Protein 4.9
BLUEBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
A lemony cake is baked over scrumptious blueberries in a springform pan. Invert the cake so that the blueberries are on top! Serve warm with fresh whipped cream.
Provided by Janet C Belanger
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan. In a medium bowl, combine blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest. Toss to coat berries, then pour into the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the almond extract and 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest. Stir together 2 cups flour and the baking powder. Beat into butter mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter over the berries in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Place serving plate over the top of the pan and carefully invert cake and plate together, so that the berries end up on top. Carefully unlock the buckle on the side of the pan and remove. Sprinkle toasted almonds on top of cake and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312.8 calories, Carbohydrate 47.6 g, Cholesterol 68.1 mg, Fat 11.8 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 198.9 mg, Sugar 28.5 g
BLUEBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
"This cake is a family favorite when blueberries are in season," writes Charlotte Harrison of North Providence, Rhode Island. "It's also delicious served with vanilla ice cream."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter; stir in brown sugar. Spread into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Arrange blueberries in a single layer over brown sugar mixture; set aside. , In a large bowl, cream remaining butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Carefully pour over blueberries. , Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Cool. Serve with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 52mg cholesterol, Sodium 181mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (30g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "upside down blueberry lemon cake recipes"
BEST BLUEBERRY-LEMON UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - DELISH
5/5 (14)Total Time 2 hrs 5 mins
- Make blueberry topping: In a small bowl, combine blueberries with sugar and lemon juice and toss to coat.
BEST UPSIDE-DOWN BLUEBERRY-LEMON CAKE RECIPES | FOOD …
2.9/5 (22)Category Bake,Dessert,FruitServings 8Total Time 30 mins
UPSIDE DOWN LEMON BLUEBERRY CAKE | KETO, GLUTEN FREE
BLUEBERRY LEMON BREAD WITH LEMON GLAZE ON TRIVET RECIPES
BUNDT CAKE RECIPE | BLUEBERRY MATCHA LEMON - ROSIE LOVES TEA
BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE WITH LEMON WHIPPED CREAM
LEMON BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - 5* TRENDING RECIPES WITH …
BLUEBERRY-LEMON UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - STATELINE BLUEBERRIES
CROCK POT UPSIDE-DOWN BLUEBERRY-LEMON CAKE - RECIPES THAT …
LEMON AND BLUEBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BLUEBERRY LEMON UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BLUEBERRY LEMON UPSIDE DOWN CAKE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
BLUEBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN LEMON CAKE MADE WITH YOGURT …
LEMON BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - PLAIN.RECIPES
SUPER MOIST LEMON BLUEBERRY CAKE - BROMA BAKERY
22 BEST BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND …
ROYAL LEMON BLUEBERRY SWIRL CAKE | FLIPBOARD
BLUEBERRY LEMON UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
UPSIDE DOWN BLUEBERRY CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
LEMON & BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE
BLUEBERRY-LEMON UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - GRAMMY COOKS
BLUEBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN LEMON CAKE | RECIPE | LEMON CAKE, …
BLUEBERRY LEMON UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - FOODNESS GRACIOUS
BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - SIMPLY STACIE
LEMON-BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - FINISHED IN A FLASH
LEMON AND BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE
BLUEBERRY-LEMON UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - SIMPLE BY CINDY
BLUEBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - YUM TASTE
BLUEBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - THE ITSY-BITSY KITCHEN
LEMON BLUEBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE – UGLY BUT DELICIOUS
BLUEBERRY-LEMON UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE
BLACKBERRY AND LEMON UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH …
LEMON AND BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - RECIPE GIRL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to bake a lemon blueberry cake?Light and simple lemon blueberry cake with a twist on the traditional upside-down cake. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rub 2 tablespoons butter over the bottom and sides of an 8-inch round cake pan. Whisk 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and allspice together in a small bowl.
What is blueberry upside-down cake?Blueberry upside-down cake is a simple dessert you can make with fresh or frozen berries. It’s easy to make and absolutely delicious served with ice cream! Can we declare 2020 the year of the upside-down cake? Because I have about a thousand variations I plan on making in the months to come, starting with this one. Blueberry upside-down cake!
How do you make a blueberry sponge cake?Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter the sides of a 9 inch round sponge cake pan and set aside. In a small saucepan add the butter, sugar, lemon zest and lemon. Cook for about 2 minutes until the mixture starts to bubble. Stir in the blueberries and pour into the bottom of your prepared pan.
How do you make lemon and sugar cake mix?Combine the sugar and the lemon zest in a small bowl and rub the lemon zest into the sugar with your fingers to infuse the sugar. Set aside. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the softened butter and oil together until they become homogenous, about 3 minutes. This will not work if your butter is not completely room temperature.