VEGAN BAKED BEANS
Make your barbecue complete by putting these Vegan Baked Beans on the table! This smoky and flavorful side dish is easy to prepare and it's all made in one pot. It's also a freezer-friendly recipe and perfect for family dinners or Sunday meal prep.
Provided by Melissa Huggins
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F (177 ° C).
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 6-quart Dutch Oven or large oven-safe skillet (*see note). Once the oil is shimmering, add onion and sauté until softened and lightly golden. About 4-6 minutes.
- Lower heat one notch and add the garlic. Sauté for 30-60 seconds until fragrant.
- Now stir in the tomato paste and cook for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the dry mustard, cumin, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper. Sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the broth and bring to a mild simmer. Cook for 1-2 minutes to slightly thicken.
- Now add the maple syrup, molasses, tamari, vinegar, Worcestershire, liquid smoke, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the beans and stir to combine well. Taste and add more seasoning if needed. Cover with lid or tin foil and place it in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring midway through. Now uncover the pot and let it bake for 10-15 minutes more or until the sauce is thickened and caramelized on top. Note: If you don't have oven-safe cookware, you can transfer the beans to a casserole dish and cover with a lid or tin foil and cook the same.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139 kcal, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 394 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 20 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY VEGAN BAKED BEANS
This is a less-sweet baked beans recipe that's better the second day. I really like the different flavor of this one. Although the recipe says to cover while cooking, I left it uncovered since it seemed juicier than I wanted. This was no problem and it did work to thicken them up. From Eden Organic Foods.
Provided by Vino Girl
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil; sauté onions and garlic.
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes.
SLOW-COOKER VEGAN BAKED BEANS
This version of vegan baked beans doesn't need an oven. The slow cooker makes it the ultimate hands-off party dish. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sort beans and rinse in cold water. Place beans in a large bowl; add enough water to cover by 2 in. Let stand, covered, overnight., Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Transfer beans to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir into slow cooker., Cook, covered, on low 9-10 hours or until beans are tender. Freeze option: Freeze cooled beans in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 161mg sodium, Carbohydrate 60g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 13g protein.
VEGAN BAKED BEANS
Shiitake mushrooms are the secret ingredient in these vegan baked beans--even meat lovers won't miss the bacon! The best part is the beans require no soaking, just a slow cook in the oven until tender, sweet and spicy.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the dried mushrooms in a medium bowl and cover with 2 cups boiling water, make sure each mushroom is submerged. Let steep for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, reserving the liquid. Roughly chop the steeped mushrooms and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers and chopped mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika and cayenne and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, bourbon, molasses, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, bring to a simmer and cook to combine, about 3 minutes. Add the beans, vegetable broth and reserved mushroom liquid. Raise the heat to high, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Cover the pot, transfer to the oven and bake until the beans are tender, about 3 hours.
- Uncover and increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake until the sauce thickens and the beans on top begin to brown, about 30 minutes.
VEGAN BAKED BEANS
- Place beans and water in a large pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender. Drain, and transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions, and cook until tender. Mix in garlic, and cook until golden brown. Mix onions and garlic into casserole dish with the beans. Stir in the tomato sauce. Mix in brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, bay leaves, mustard, pepper, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Cover and bake 3 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, stirring frequently and adding water if necessary. Remove cover, and continue baking 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.2 calories, Carbohydrate 46.6 g, Fat 3.7 g, Fiber 12.7 g, Protein 10.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 480 mg, Sugar 15.3 g
More about "vegan baked beans recipes"
15 VEGETARIAN & VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPES - KITCHEN TREATY
Reviews 1Published 2016-06-27Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Homemade Vegetarian Baked Beans (a 15-minute recipe!) from Amuse Your Bouche.
VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory Low-Calorie Bean RecipesCalories 192 per serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Add beans, water, ketchup, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are very tender and the liquid has thickened, about 30 minutes.
VEGETARIAN BAKED BEANS FROM SCRATCH RECIPE
VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
VEGAN BAKED BEANS (INSTANT POT) - BRAND NEW VEGAN
THE BEST VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPE - SHANE & SIMPLE
32 VEGAN BEAN RECIPES | KARISSA'S VEGAN KITCHEN
HEALTHY VEGAN BAKED BEANS - PLANT POWER COUPLE
VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPE - EASY RECIPE - TWO SPOONS
10 VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPES FOR THE SUMMER! - ONE …
BEST DANG BBQ VEGAN BAKED BEANS - BRAND NEW VEGAN
15 BEST RECIPES FOR BAKED BEANS | EASY BAKED BEANS IDEAS …
VEGAN BAKED BEANS - LOVING IT VEGAN
5/5 (6)Category Savory, SideCuisine AmericanCalories 205 per serving
EASY 30-MINUTE VEGETARIAN BAKED BEANS | FORK IN THE KITCHEN
THE BEST VEGETARIAN SLOW COOKER BAKED BEAN RECIPE | FOOAL
VEGAN BOSTON BAKED BEANS - BEANTOWN KITCHEN
VEGAN BAKED BEANS - MONKEY AND ME KITCHEN ADVENTURES
VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
VEGAN MAPLE BAKED BEANS - FLORA & VINO
SIMPLE HOMEMADE BAKED BEANS - VEGAN FOOD & LIVING
BEST EVER VEGAN BAKED BEANS - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
VEGAN SKILLET BBQ BAKED BEANS - THE VEGAN 8
EASY VEGAN BBQ BAKED BEANS - I CAN YOU CAN VEGAN
VEGAN BAKED BEANS - INSTANT POT, SLOW COOKER OR OVEN!
VEGAN BAKED BEANS - SWEET AND SMOKY - KARISSA'S VEGAN KITCHEN
BEST VEGAN BAKED BEANS (2022) EASY HOMEMADE RECIPE
VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPE - AN EDIBLE MOSAIC™
VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPE: EASY AND QUICK - KEEPING THE PEAS
BEST EVER VEGAN BAKED BEANS - VEGAN GURU
HOMEMADE VEGETARIAN BAKED BEANS - THE SPRUCE EATS
VEGAN BAKED BEANS: RICH & DELICIOUS BBQ TREAT - LOTTAVEG
VEGAN BAKED BEANS - PLENTIFUL-VEGAN
THE BEST VEGAN BAKED BEANS- SUGAR FREE RECIPE!
VEGAN BAKED BEANS - GLUTEN FREE - A VIRTUAL VEGAN
COZY VEGAN BAKED BEANS - WHOLEHEARTED EATS
EASY VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPE - FORKS OVER KNIVES
SHANE AND SIMPLE BAKED BEANS - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPE (1 POT!) - WOW, IT'S VEGGIE?!
ARE BAKED BEANS GLUTEN FREE - DANNY'S BLOG
EASY HOMEMADE VEGAN BAKED BEANS - FORKFUL OF PLANTS
EASY VEGAN BEEFY HOMEMADE BAKED BEANS FROM SCRATCH
EASY ONE POT VEGAN BAKED BEANS RECIPE - COOK EAT LIVE LOVE
SLOW COOKER VEGAN BAKED BEANS - UGLY VEGAN KITCHEN
VEGAN BAKED BEANS (GLUTEN-FREE + LOW-CARB + NO ADDED SUGAR)
You'll also love