BLACK BEANS AND RICE
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 4 minutes. Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes. Add the spices and black beans.
VEGETABLE AND BLACK-BEAN FRIED RICE
For your next batch of rice and beans, punch up both the flavor and the nutrition by adding sliced mushrooms for antioxidants, bell pepper for vitamin C, scrambled eggs for extra protein, and creamy avocado for healthy fats.
Provided by Lauryn Tyrell
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over high. When it shimmers, add eggs and cook, undisturbed, 10 seconds. Stir with a spatula until just set, about 30 seconds; transfer to a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and mushrooms to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, scallions, cilantro stems, and bell pepper; season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes more. Stir in hot sauce and rice. Spread mixture in a single layer and let cook, undisturbed, until underside crisps slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cook until warm, about 1 minute. Fold in eggs and cilantro leaves; season to taste. Serve with avocado, scallion greens, tortilla chips, and more hot sauce.
STIR-FRIED RICE NOODLES WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE
The idea of this recipe comes from Marie Claire Style Noodles by Jody Vassallo. If you like meat with your noodles you may add swordfish or chicken. Add it before the garlic, ginger and onions step. Other additions to this recipe could be a small can black beans and use garlic chives instead of chives
Provided by Chef floWer
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat wok, add oil and stir-fry the garlic, ginger and spring onion for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry until soft.
- Add the black bean sauce, chinese rice wine, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and seasame oil and stir-fry until the sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chives.
BEEF AND VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
- Whisk scallions, minced garlic, minced ginger, 1 cup water, 6 tablespoons soy sauce, 6 tablespoons sugar, and cornstarch together in a large bowl. Add beef; mix gently to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whisk 1 1/3 cups water, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce in a bowl to make the sauce.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; warm over medium-high heat. Whisk eggs together in a bowl. Pour into the skillet; cook and stir until eggs are set, about 5 minutes. Transfer scrambled eggs to a bowl.
- Heat sesame oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced garlic and diced ginger. Saute until golden brown and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add carrots and onion; saute until carrots are tender and onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Strain beef from marinade and add to skillet. Cook and stir until beef can be easily pulled apart with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in bean sprouts; cook until translucent, about 1 minute. Add corn and peas; cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Create a pocket in the center of the skillet and slowly add rice, stirring to incorporate, about 1 minute. Add sauce and stir until rice is evenly coated, about 1 minute. Add scrambled eggs, stir and let heat through, about 1 minute.
CHICKEN FRIED RICE WITH FERMENTED BLACK BEANS
- Make marinade:
- In a small bowl stir together marinade ingredients. Add chicken to marinade, turning it to coat. Marinate chicken at room temperature while preparing vegetables. Cut onion and bell pepper into 1/4-inch dice. Trim snow peas and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Rinse black beans and mince.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Discard marinade. In a heavy non-stick skillet heat 1/2 tablespoon corn or safflower oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté chicken until browned on bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook over moderate heat 6 minutes, or until just cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and cool completely. Recipe may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and ingredients chilled separately in sealable plastic bags.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Make seasoning liquid:
- In a small bowl stir together seasoning liquid ingredients.
- Spread rice in a shallow baking pan and separate grains with a fork.
- In a deep 12-inch heavy non-stick skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons corn or safflower oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and stir-fry black beans, garlic, and gingerroot 20 seconds, or until fragrant. Add onion and bell pepper and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add snow peas, chicken, and rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Stir seasoning liquid and add to fried rice, tossing to coat evenly.
People also searched
More about "vegetable and black bean fried rice recipes"
VEGETABLE FRIED RICE (蔬菜炒饭) | OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
2018-03-10 · Stir everything together a few times. Add the fermented black beans, garlic, cumin powder, Chinese chili flakes, salt, and green onion. Stir to mix well. Cook and stir occasionally, until the rice …
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add the frozen veggies. Stir and cook until just thawed. Transfer to a big plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add the beaten eggs. Wait until the bottom of the eggs is set but the top is still runny.
- Add the rice on top of the runny egg. Use your spatula to chop the rice to separate it into small pieces, so some of the rice is coated with egg.
VEGETABLE FRIED RICE: USE WHATEVER VEGGIES YOU HAVE! | THE ...
2021-01-10 · Assemble the vegetable fried rice: Heat the wok to medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil, along with the onion, garlic (if using), and carrots. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the mushroom and bell peppers, and continue to stir-fry for another 30 to 60 seconds. Turn the heat up to high, and add your rice.
- Take your rice out of the refrigerator. Wet your hands, and break up any clumps with your fingers. Set aside on the counter for 1 hour, so the rice can come up to room temperature.
- Wash, rinse, and drain your rice, and prepare it how you would normally either in your rice cooker or using our stovetop rice cooking method.To the rice and water, add the sesame oil, dark soy sauce, soy sauce, salt, turmeric (if using) and MSG (if using). Stir until the rice and seasonings are well-mixed. Cook the rice.
- Dice and chop all of your vegetables, including the onion, carrots, mushrooms, bell pepper, snow peas, and scallions, ensuring they’re all about the same size. The exception is the mung bean sprouts, which just need to be rinsed, cleaned and trimmed. Set the vegetables aside in neat piles.
10 MINUTE BEAN AND MUSHROOM FRIED RICE - COOK REPUBLIC
2019-07-02 · Instructions. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok on high. Add the egg, give the wok a quick swirl to spread the egg. Cook for a few seconds, then scramble the egg slightly and remove into a bowl. Heat the remaining oil in the wok on high. Add the beans …
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok on high. Add the egg, give the wok a quick swirl to spread the egg. Cook for a few seconds, then scramble the egg slightly and remove into a bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok on high. Add the beans and mushroom. Stir fry for 20-30 seconds until glazed. Add the rice, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha, white pepper and spring onions.
- Stir fry for a minute until rice is evenly coated and everything is warmed through. Remove on to serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves.
VEGETABLE PEANUT FRIED RICE - DOMESTIC GOTHESS
2020-04-05 · While the rice is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan and add the diced tofu. Cook over a medium heat, turning frequently, until the tofu is golden on all sides. Set aside. Heat the …
- While the rice is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan and add the diced tofu. Cook over a medium heat, turning frequently, until the tofu is golden on all sides. Set aside.
- Heat the other Tbsp of oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add the chopped spring onions (scallions) and cook for a minute.
- Add the crushed garlic, ginger, chopped bell pepper, carrots and tenderstem broccoli and cook for a minute or two, stirring often.
EASY VEGGIE LOADED BLACK BEANS AND RICE - VEGANOSITY
2021-03-14 · Bring to a boil at high heat, once the water is boiling reduce the heat to simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 tsp smoked paprika, and ground pepper to taste and …
- Drain and rinse the beans and put them in a medium sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil at high heat, once the water is boiling reduce the heat to simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 tsp smoked paprika, and ground pepper to taste and stir well to combine. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the salt to taste at the end.
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat the oil, or, 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth if you don’t cook with oil, on medium heat. When the oil/broth is hot, add the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno and sauté until tender, approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Stir frequently. Pour the 1 and ½ cups of vegetable broth (or water if you're not using broth) over the vegetables and bring to a boil. When the broth is boiling stir in the rice, cover, and reduce the heat to simmer for the amount of time directed on the package. Usually 20 minutes.
- When the rice is done, remove the lid, add the spinach and cilantro and squeeze the whole lime over the rice and beans and stir to combine. Put the lid back on. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon (to avoid adding extra water) to add the beans to the vegetables and rice, sprinkle on the remaining teaspoon of chili powder and ½ teaspoon of cumin, and grind more sea salt and black pepper on top if desired. Fold the beans and spices into the rice and veggies until well combined. Serve with fresh cilantro, sliced avocado, and tomato slices.
HEALTHY RICE AND BEANS RECIPE (VEGGIE-PACKED & EASY ...
2020-01-22 · How to Make Rice and Beans. The key to making really good rice and beans is to cook all the veggies in stages. First, sauté the onions in an oiled skillet until softened. Then, add in the bell peppers and carrots and cook just until crisp-tender. Throw in the corn, peas, beans, rice…
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, onion, and cook over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, or until it begins to soften; stir occasionally.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender; stir occasionally.
- Add the corn, peas, beans, rice, cumin, salt, pepper, optional cayenne, stir to combine, and cook for about 2 minutes or until warmed through; stir occasionally.
- Add the green onions, cilantro, lime juice, stir to combine, taste and check for seasoning balance and add additional salt, pepper, cumin, etc. if desired.
VEG FRIED RICE RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE FRIED RICE ...
2020-05-18 · To make best vegetable fried rice recipe take good quality basmati rice and wash thoroughly in running water. Then soak them up to 20 to 25 min. After 20 to 25 min pour water,a pinch of salt in a deep pot and keep it boil some minute. Then add soaked rice in this hot water and cook in medium flame. Remember we need grainy rice for fried rice,so cook the rice till al dente. When rice …
- To make best vegetable fried rice recipe take good quality basmati rice and wash thoroughly in running water.
HEALTHY VEGETABLE "FRIED" RICE | PLANT-BASED RECIPES BY ...
Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Then drain and it’s ready. Easy! Sauté the veggies in a large pan. Add the rice, edamame, tamari, lime juice, and cook a little more. Fold in the kale and cook …
- First cook the rice according to directions. Once done, fluff with a fork and set aside. While the rice is cooking, prepare the edamame. Add the edamame to a small pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain well and set aside. I like to make the rice and edamame ahead of time to speed up dinner prep.
- In a large non-stick sauté pan, sauté the onion and carrot with a few tablespoons of water for about 3 minutes. Add water as needed, a couple of tablespoons at a time. It's convenient to keep a measuring cup of water next to the stove when you're sautéing. Now cover the pan and continue to cook (now we’re steaming the veggies) for 5 to 7 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Lift the cover and check a few times throughout to make sure all the water hasn't evaporated.
- Next, add the garlic, ginger, and bell pepper and sauté for another few minutes, uncovered. Again add water, a couple of tablespoons at a time, to prevent burning.
- Now add the brown rice, cooked edamame, and red cabbage and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes until heated throughout. Finally add the tamari, lime juice, and finely shredded kale. Stir and cook over medium heat until the kale is bright green and wilted.
ASIAN-STYLE FRIED RICE AND BEANS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Recipes and Cooking; Asian-Style Fried Rice and Beans; Asian-Style Fried Rice and Beans. Rating: 4 stars. 75 Ratings . 5 star values: 44 ; 4 star values: 13 ; 3 star values: 3 ; 2 star values: 5 ; 1 star …
- Quarter pineapple slices. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Add pineapple; cook about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Pour the remaining 1 teaspoon oil into the hot skillet. Add carrots; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in brown rice, garbanzo beans, and peas. Add soy sauce. Cook and stir about 4 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the 1/3 cup cilantro. Return pineapple to skillet; heat through.
12 VEGETARIAN RICE AND BEANS RECIPES | OHMYVEGGIES.COM
BLACK BEAN BROCCOLI FRIED RICE | COOK IN FIVE SQUARE METERS
2016-07-20 · Black Bean Broccoli Fried Rice. In a large wok, heat the vegetable oil and throw in the yellow pepper and the brocolli. Toss until slightly soft. Add the beans and heat through. Throw the rice into the wok, adding more oil if needed, and toss to fry and heat. Make a well in the center and crack the eggs and scramble quickly into small pieces ...
EASY VEGETABLE FRIED RICE RECIPE : YUMMY AND DELISH
2021-06-28 · WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THE VEGETABLE FRIED RICE RECIPE –Rice: you can add any rice to your recipe, brown rice and more. –Green beans: I like to have green beans in my veggie fried rice. You don’t have to add if you don’t want to. It’s optional. –Grilled Chicken Breast: I don’t use egg in this recipe, i add grilled chicken to transform it to a main dish.
See details »
BLACK BEAN FRIED RICE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
Black bean fried rice. Share on Facebook Share on Pinterest Share by Email More sharing options. Share on Twitter. Print . Be the first to rate this recipe! Nutritional Info. Servings Per Recipe: 6 Amount Per Serving Calories: 616.6. Total Fat: 17.3 g; Cholesterol: 449.6 mg; Sodium: 2,027.9 mg; Total Carbs: 88.8 g; Dietary Fiber: 11.7 g; Protein: 32.2 g. View full nutritional breakdown of ...
See details »
BLACK BEAN AND RICE SOUP RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
How to make fried rice with black beans? Directions. In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 4 minutes. Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes. Add the spices and black beans. Kick up the flavor on your fried rice with a spicy infusion of kimchi. How to ...
See details »
CHINESE GARLIC BLACK-BEAN PORK FRIED RICE - RECIPE ...
Preparation. Heat a 14-inch wok or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until a bead of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Add the oil, swirl the wok to coat, and then add the scallions, onion, ginger, garlic, and chiles.
See details »
FRIED RICE BLACK BEANS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
Home > Recipes > fried rice black beans. Tip: Try rice black beans for more results. Results 1 - 10 of 27 for fried rice black beans. 1 2 3 Next. 1. ASIAN MARINATED CHICKEN BREASTS. Place all ingredients except the chicken in a large Ziploc baggie, and mix to blend all ingredients together. Add Chicken pieces and ... Ingredients: 20 (flakes .. oil .. sauce .. seeds .. vinegar ...) 2. DAVE'S ...
See details »
VEGETABLE AND BLACK BEAN FRIED RICE- TFRECIPES
In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 4 minutes. Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes. Add the spices and black beans.
See details »
ALL RECIPES | MOOSEWOOD RESTAURANT & RECIPES | ITHACA, NY
2011-08-10 · Basic Light Vegetable Stock (10/8/2014) Bean and Cheese Quesadillas (8/10/2013) Beijing Noodles (12/15/2012) Black Bean & Chipotle Soup (11/4/2012) Black Bean-Sweet Potato Burritos (7/15/2014) Blue Cheese Dressing (4/15/2014) Blue Max Sandwich (4/15/2014) Brandied Raisin Sour Cream Poundcake (4/13/2015) Brazilian Hot Pepper and Lemon Sauce (2 ...
See details »
KIMCHI & VEGETABLE-FRIED BLACK RICE
1. In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tbsp avocado oil on medium-high. Add mushrooms; season with ¼ tsp salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to turn golden, about 8 minutes. Add remaining 2 tbsp avocado oil, green onions and snow peas; season with remaining 1/8 tsp each salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
See details »
CHICKEN FRIED RICE | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
Step 1/4. 600 g basmati rice; Cook the rice as per instructions and have ready. Step 2/4. 1 tbsp vegetable oil; 1 tbsp soy sauce; 3 chicken breasts; wok; Heat a wok and add vegetable oil and soy sauce and then the chicken until cooked throughout, then remove and set aside.
See details »
VEGETABLE AND BLACK BEAN FRIED RICE RECIPES
Vegetable And Black Bean Fried Rice Recipes. BLACK BEANS AND RICE. The perfect meal! Preparation Time: 20 minutes. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association. Provided by Daisy. Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes Vegetarian. Time 30m. Yield 10. Number Of Ingredients 8. Ingredients; Nutrition; 1 …
See details »
VEGETABLE FRIED RICE | USA
Recipes; Vegetable Fried Rice 2; Copied to Clipboard! BACK TO . Vegetable Fried Rice. Difficulty. Serves. Preparation. 15 mins. Cooking. 25 mins. Chinese Food Asian Food Vegetable Rice or Noodle Dinner Lunch Less Than 60 mins. What You Will Need. Ingredients. 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil; 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced; 1 cup chopped bok choy; 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil; 1 white onion ...
See details »
BLACK BEANS AND RICE - BEANRECIPES.COM
My go-to side dish that everyone loves, black beans and rice is a true workhorse in my kitchen. With a fried egg on top, it can be a whole meal, or it can be a simple side dish with salsa. The rice and beans cook together in the same pot, making this the simplest side dish.
See details »