WORLD'S GREATEST VEGETABLE BROTH
This makes a broth that is slightly thick with a rich color and full flavor. The broth can be frozen in one or one and a half cup blocks for later use. This recipe also leaves you with a bowl full of delicious cooked vegetables, I love to snack on them cold.
Provided by Tom West
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Remove leaves and tender inner parts of celery and set aside.
- Toss onions, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers and turnips with olive oil. Place vegetables in a roasting pan and place them in the 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) oven. Stir the vegetable every 15 minutes. Cook until all of the vegetables have browned and the onions start to caramelize, this will take over one hour.
- Put the browned vegetables, celery, garlic, cloves, bay leaf, pepper corns, Italian parsley and water into a large stock pot. Bring to a full boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered until liquid is reduced by half.
- Pour the broth through a colander, catching the broth in a large bowl or pot. The liquid caught in the bowl or pot is your vegetable broth it can be used immediately or stored for later use. Although the vegetables are no longer necessary for your broth they are delicious to eat hot or cold, don't waste them!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.3 calories, Carbohydrate 23.3 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 131.5 mg, Sugar 11.2 g
- Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until liquid is reduced to 2 cups, about 30 minutes. Strain broth; discard all solids. (Broth can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover broth tightly and refrigerate.)
VEGETABLE AND HERB BROTH
- In large pot, combine 8 cups water, leeks, celery, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns and salt; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours. Strain broth through a fine sieve, pressing on solids to extract maximum flavor. Place broth in medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until reduced to 2 cups, 15 to 20 minutes. (Broth can be made ahead. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60 calories
VEGETABLE AND HERB BROTH
An all-purpose vegetable broth for soups, rice, etc. They state that you can make it into a light sauce for ravioli by reducing it over medium heat, uncovered, for about 15 minutes until it is almost syrupy. Broth can be made ahead of time; it can be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months. Recipe from Whole Foods.
Provided by januarybride
Yield 4 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine water, leeks, celery, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns and salt in a large pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 1.5 hours.
- Strain broth through a fine sieve, pressing down on the solids to extract liquid and flavor.
GARDEN VEGETABLE & HERB SOUP
I submitted this recipe to a local newspaper and won first prize. I make this hearty soup whenever my family needs a good dose of veggies. -Jody Saulnier, Woodstock, New Hampshire
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and carrots; cook and stir until onions are tender, 4-6 minutes. Add potatoes and cook 2 minutes. Stir in water, tomatoes, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes and carrots are tender, 8-10 minutes. , Add yellow squash and zucchini; cook until vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes longer. Serve or, if desired, puree mixture in batches, adding additional broth until desired consistency is achieved.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 525mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain before using.
More about "vegetable and herb broth recipes"
VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE - BEST HOMEMADE BROTH WITH …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
VEGETARIAN BROTH RECIPE - LIFE CURRENTS
VEGETABLE AND HERB BROTH RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
RECIPE FOR VEGETABLE BROTH - A KIND SPOON
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH – EASY, CHEAP & LOW-SODIUM!
7 SECRET INGREDIENTS IN MY VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE
EASY VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE • SOUL NOURISHMENT
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
VEGGIE BROTH RECIPE | GIRL HEART FOOD®
10 RECIPES WITH VEGETABLE BROTH - FEELGOODFOODIE
BONE AND VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE | FARE & FLOURISH
GUT-HEALING VEGETABLE BROTH - THE LOST HERBS
31 VEGETARIAN RECIPES TO MAKE WITH VEGETABLE BROTH
10 BEST RECIPES WITH VEGETABLE BROTH (PERFECT FOR LEFTOVERS)
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE | EGGLESS COOKING
ULTRA SATISFYING HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH - INSPIRED TASTE
POWDERED VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE | ALL PURPOSE SEASONING
DETOX IMMUNE BOOSTING VEGETABLE HERB BROTH - VEGANOSITY
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE BROTH USING SAVED KITCHEN SCRAPS
RICH AND FLAVORFUL – HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE BROTH WITH MUSHROOMS | TASTING TABLE
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE VEGETABLE STOCK OR BROTH
MAKE INSTANT VEGETABLE BROTH YOURSELF WITH FRESH HERBS
VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE - PLANTED IN THE KITCHEN
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE - NORTHERN HOMESTEAD
HOMEMADE MUSHROOM, HERB AND VEGETABLE BROTH - BERRIES & LIME
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE - EASY, ORGANIC AND FRESH
HOW TO MAKE A FAST AND FLAVORFUL VEGETABLE BROTH, NO VEG SCRAPS ...
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE BROTH - THE PIONEER WOMAN
EASY HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH ⋆ THE GARDENING FOODIE
GARDEN VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
DETOX HERBAL VEGETABLE BROTH - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BROTH (WITH 6 RECIPES) - FIVE FLAVORS HERBS
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH - DHERBS.COM - THE BEST HERBAL …
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE BROTH - FORKS OVER KNIVES
SHIITAKE MUSHROOM & HERB BROTH RECIPE | TASTING TABLE
BASIC VEGETABLE BROTH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE BROTH - OCCASIONALLY EGGS
HOW TO MAKE A DIY HERBAL-INFUSED BROTH – HERBAL ACADEMY
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #soups-stews #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #vegan #vegetarian #stocks #dietary #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #mushrooms #carrots #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love