VEGETARIAN PHO (CROCK POT)
This is a low cal filling soup - I didn't use the seitan and it was still very good and filling. Recipe source: Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker
Provided by ellie_
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In crock pot combine the first 7 ingredients (onion - broth), cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium high heat and add seitan strips. Brown on all sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Strain broth/stock and return broth to crock pot.
- In a small cup combine miso paste with water.
- In a small bowl combine the next 2 ingredients and the miso/water mixture. Add to broth in crock pot. Stir in drained rice sticks and seitan. Cook for 5-10 minutes longer or until rice sticks are soft.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and garnish with bean sprouts, scallions and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.9, Fat 4.1, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 0.4, Sodium 1030.9, Carbohydrate 47.4, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 6.2, Protein 4.5
VEGETARIAN PHO (VIETNAMESE NOODLE SOUP)
- Place vegetable stock, onion, soy sauce, garlic, cinnamon sticks, ground ginger, star anise, and bay leaves in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until flavors combine, 30 to 45 minutes. Remove solids with a slotted spoon and keep broth hot.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside until noodles are softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly. Divide noodles among 6 serving bowls.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add tofu in a single layer and fry, in batches, until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side.
- Simmer fried tofu and mushrooms in broth until heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to serving bowls. Top with scallions and cilantro. Ladle in hot broth.
- Serve lime wedges, jalapeno peppers, bean sprouts, and basil alongside for garnishing each bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 483.1 calories, Carbohydrate 77.7 g, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 16.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 1208.8 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
- To make the broth, heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, shallots, garlic, ginger, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and cloves and dry-roast, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to char. Add the stock and soy sauce and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 25 minutes. Strain into a clean pot and discard the solids. Taste the broth and add salt if necessary. Keep warm over low heat.
- While the broth is simmering, prepare the rice noodles. Place the noodles in a large bowl. Pour boiling water over the noodles to cover and soak for 20 minutes.
- When you are ready to assemble the soup, add the seitan or tofu to the warm broth and allow to heat through. Drain the soaked rice noodles and divide evenly among 4 to 6 large bowls. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the seitan or tofu out of the broth and distribute among the bowls. Ladle the hot broth over the noodles. Serve the bowls of pho with the scallions, bean sprouts, herbs, lime wedges, hoisin sauce and chili sauce on a seperate platter so that everyone can season their own soup as they wish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.3, Fat 0.8, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 969.9, Carbohydrate 106.3, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 3.5, Protein 7.9
More about "vegetarian pho crock pot recipes"
VEGETARIAN PHO RECIPE (VIETNAMESE NOODLE SOUP)
4.6/5 (104)Total Time 50 minsCategory SoupCalories 237 per serving
- Warm a medium soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise and toast until fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onion, ginger, vegetable stock, water and tamari. Raise the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes to give the flavors time to meld.
- In the meantime, prepare your rice noodles by cooking them according to package directions. Set them aside.
- To prepare the shiitake mushrooms, warm the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and a few dashes of salt. Cook until the mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, about 4 to 6 minutes, then set them aside.
- Once the broth is done cooking, strain out the onions, ginger and spices (this is easiest with a small metal sieve, but you can also strain the mixture through a colander into another large bowl). Season it to taste with extra tamari and/or salt until the flavors of the spices really shine.
VIETNAMESE PHO RECIPE FOR THE CROCK POT | EASY TO MAKE
4.5/5 (54)Total Time 6 hrs 55 minsServings 4
THE BEST VEGETARIAN PHO RECIPE - BEAUTY IN THE CRUMBS
Servings 12Total Time 1 hr 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Set slow-cooker to high for 4 hours (you can do it at whatever setting you need! Low totally works if you need it cooking all day)
- One hour before eating time, drain the broth and discard spices (or simply remove the packet and skip the straining).
- Add in tamari, salt (if needed), pepper, carrots, cabbage, and broccoli, and set slow-cooker to high. Allow the vegetables to cook for 5-10 minutes until soft, but still crunchy.
SLOW-COOKER VEGETARIAN PHO - AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
Servings 6Calories 1040 per servingCategory Main Courses, Soups, Slow Cooker
CROCK POT PHO - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
15+ EASY VEGETARIAN CROCKPOT RECIPES- BEST SLOW-COOKER ...
CROCK-POT CANADA - RECIPES
10 BEST SIMPLE VEGETARIAN CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCK POT PHO SOUP - NOURISH YOUR LIFE
BEST VEGETARIAN SLOW COOKER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CROCKPOT PHO - SLOW COOKER SOUP RECIPES - GASTRONOM …
26 VEGETARIAN CROCKPOT RECIPES FOR HEALTHY MEALS – THE ...
CROCK POT PHO RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
THE 65 BEST VEGAN SLOW COOKER RECIPES - PUREWOW
45 VEGETARIAN SLOW-COOKER RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
CROCK POT PHO RECIPE - BIGOVEN.COM
VEGETARIAN PHO RECIPE VEGETARIAN CROCK POT MEALS WHY ...
CROCK POT BEEF PHO FROM SCRATCH - SERVED FROM SCRATCH
VEGETARIAN PHO (CROCK POT) RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
VEGETARIAN PHO (CROCK POT) | VEGETARIAN PHO, CROCK POT PHO ...
VEGAN PHO WITH SEITAN RECIPE - VIETNAMESE SOUP - VEGETARIAN
SIMPLE CROCK POT CHICKEN PHO RECIPE - SLOW COOKER SOCIETY
SIMPLE VEGAN PHO - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
EASY VEGAN PHO RECIPE | GIMME SOME OVEN
【COOKED】VEGETARIAN PHO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VEGETARIAN PHO (CROCK POT) RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you make Pho in a crock pot?Crock-Pot pho: If you you would like to make the broth in the Crock-Pot (slow cooker), add the onion, ginger, spices and stock to the bowl of a large slow cooker and stir to combine. (You are welcome to char the onion and ginger beforehand, if you would like, then add them to the Crock-Pot.)
How to make vegetarian Pho?This vegetarian pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) is full of flavor, thanks to spices, herbs and sautéed shiitake mushrooms! It’s easy and fun to make, too. Recipe yields 4 generous bowls of soup. 1 tablespoon avocado oil, mild extra-virgin olive oil or your neutral-flavored oil of choice Warm a medium soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
What is Pho soup made of?A Pho is a Vietnamese soup that consists of broth, meat, herbs and rice noodles. Today we’re revisiting it the easy way using our crock pot. This slow cooker chicken noodle soup recipe makes a richly flavored stock for its base you could use in other recipes, too.
What are the best vegetarian and vegan slow cooker recipes?Fire up the slow cooker for healthy vegetarian and vegan dinners that are always ready when you are. Black lentils get it done with carrots, turnips, tomatoes, and ginger in a vegetable broth. "Super easy and super delicious soup recipe," says Buckwheat Queen. "The ginger and spices are subtle but pleasant.