VENISON TATER TOT CASSEROLE (OR USE GROUND BEEF)
My husband hunts ALOT, so we have tons of ground venison on hand in the freezer. I use it in everything most people use ground beef for. This recipe is one of my kids' favorites. What kid doesn't like tater tots?!? Us adults like it too.
Provided by jmills326
Yield 6 , 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to the temperature specified on the tater tots package.
- Place tater tots on a baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown venison with minced garlic and onion. Drain.
- Add cream of mushroom soup to meat and stir until mixed.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the meat mixture.
- Top with tater tots. (I usually have leftover tots, good to munch on while dinner's cooking!).
- Top tater tots with garlic powder and salt.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly and the tater tots are browned.
TATER TOT VENISON CASSEROLE
I always end up with so much venison each year. This is a weekly dish at our house during Hunting season. Kids love it and so do we. I use 1 1/2 or 2 pounds of venison. Just varies depending on what I have on hand. Doesn't really matter. Turns out great either way. You can also use ground beef if you do not have venison on hand.
Provided by WendyTN
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dice onion and brown venison with the onion, salt to taste, pepper to taste and garlic to taste.
- Put cooked venison in casserole dish. Drain green beans and layer on top.
- Layer the 2 cans of soup on top of that.
- Sprinkle cheese on next layer.
- Top with frozen tater tots ( I usually let mine set out while I am preparing the venison so they are not so frozen). I usually don't use the whole bag. Just enough to cover the top with one full layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook 350°F for an hour.
- Uncover and cook an additional 15 minutes or until tots are browned and crispy.
- I then salt, pepper the top, but that is up to your taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 903.2, Fat 50.1, SaturatedFat 20.9, Cholesterol 162.5, Sodium 2020.9, Carbohydrate 64.6, Fiber 8.1, Sugar 3.2, Protein 50.9
TATER-TOPPED BEEF CASSEROLE
Everyday ingredients like ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, melted cheese and crunchy tater tots combine to create this fun, easy and yummy casserole from Nancy Koper of Highland, New York.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and milk. , Transfer to a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with Tater Tots. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525 calories, Fat 29g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 1292mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
TATER TOTS AND GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef and onion in medium skillet. Cool.
- Spray 13x9x2 pan with cooking spray. Layer half the beef mixture, half the potatoes, and half the fries. Repeat layers.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Pour over beef/potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.6, Fat 14.8, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 51.4, Sodium 574, Carbohydrate 31.4, Fiber 5.9, Sugar 7.5, Protein 21.3
TATER TOTS(R) CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook and stir ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink and completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes; season with salt and black pepper. Stir cream of mushroom soup into the cooked ground beef; pour the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Layer tater tots evenly over the ground beef mixture; top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake until tater tots are golden brown and hot, 30 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.1 calories, Carbohydrate 16.9 g, Cholesterol 65.1 mg, Fat 23.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 18.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 700.2 mg, Sugar 1 g
EASY TATER TOT® CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a skillet over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly, 7 to 10 minutes. Spread beef into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Stir cream of mushroom soup, potato nuggets, and Cheddar cheese together in a large bowl until potato nuggets are evenly coated in soup and cheese. Spread potato nugget mixture over beef mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle paprika and parsley flakes over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.5 calories, Carbohydrate 22.8 g, Cholesterol 82.4 mg, Fat 32.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 1077.2 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
COWBOY CASSEROLE (TATER TOT CASSEROLE) RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain grease, then stir in the corn, soup, 1/2 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, and seasonings.
- Pour beef mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Top with frozen tater tots (try to keep them in a single layer) and then sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and tater tots are thoroughly cooked.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466 kcal, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 28 g, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Cholesterol 76 mg, Sodium 1064 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
TATER TOT CASSEROLE
I first ate this hot dish, a Midwestern favorite, on a late fall evening in the humid kitchen of the cook and television star Molly Yeh, at her farmhouse in Minnesota. The casserole accompanied venison, lefse and talk of the sugar beet harvest outside. I thrilled to the cream-beefy, umami-strong flavors that sat beneath its golden, cobbled exterior, and I loved the way the potatoes soaked up the gravy that pooled below the venison. You could substitute other ground meats for the beef, and other frozen vegetables for the peas or corn, but the tots are mandatory, and I do love the addition of cheese at the end.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories dinner, casseroles, vegetables, main course
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Make the creamed soup: In a large pot, melt 6 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery, half the onion and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for another minute. Add half the milk and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the remaining milk and cook, stirring, until very thick. Stir in the broth base, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a heat-safe bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out the pot and set it back over medium-high heat. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, then add the remaining onion and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned. Stir in the peas or corn and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, drain and discard any excess liquid from the beef mixture. Transfer half the mixture to a 4-quart casserole dish and spread it out evenly. Spread half the creamed soup mixture on top. (It can be tricky to spread the soup over the beef, but it's OK if it gets messy and mixes together a little bit.)
- Add the remaining beef mixture on top in an even layer, and spread the remaining creamed soup mixture on top. Cover with Tater Tots, sprinkle with another pinch of salt and pepper, then with cheese, if using.
- Bake until the tots are golden brown and crispy on top, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with ketchup, if using.
More about "venison tater tot casserole or use ground beef recipes"
VENISON TATER TOT CASSEROLE | MEATEATER COOK
- Cook the bacon in a skillet or in the oven on a sheet pan until it’s very crispy. Reserve the grease for later uses, like frying fish. Set aside the bacon for finishing the hotdish.
- In a cast iron skillet or saucepot over medium-high heat, add the oil or butter and coat the pan. Add the venison and cook until thoroughly browned; season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Remove the meat and set aside. If using meat with high fat content, make sure to drain the fat before adding the spices.
- In the same skillet or pot that you browned the meat, add the stick of butter with the garlic, onion, and cook until the onions begin to caramelize on the edges. Add the mushrooms, salt, pepper, thyme, and sauté the ‘shrooms until they’re thoroughly cooked. Stir in the flour evenly and cook until the mixture begins to bubble and turn a golden brown (this is the roux or thickening agent that will help make the gravy thick and rich). When the butter/flour mixture turns golden brown, stir in the stock and bring it to a boil. Lastly, stir in the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the gravy to a simmer, occasionally stirring, allowing it to get very thick (you’re looking for condensed soup-thick). Check for taste and remove from the heat to cool. Alternately, you can skip this step and use the canned cream of mushroom or celery soup_._
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground venison, gravy, 6 ounces of cheese, Top the Tater Dip, sweet corn, green beans, and jalapeño. Dump the hotdish filling into a greased casserole dish and spread evenly. Add a single layer of the tater tots on top of the filling.
VENISON BURGER CASSEROLE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
TATER TOT CASSEROLE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BEST EVER TATER TOT CASSEROLE - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
HUNTERS CASSEROLE WITH GROUND VENISON RECIPE - CLEVERLY …
DEER TATER TOT CASSEROLE | RECIPE | VENISON BURGERS, DEER RECIPES, …
CASSEROLE WITH TATER TOTS AND GROUND BEEF RECIPES - YUMMLY
CASSEROLE WITH TATER TOTS AND GROUND BEEF RECIPES
VENISON TATER TOT CASSEROLE (OR USE GROUND BEEF - 300,000
GROUND BEEF TATER TOT RECIPE | EASY TATER TOT HOT DISH!
EASY VENISON TATER TOT CASSEROLE - PODUNK LIVING
GREEN BEAN TATER TOT CASSEROLE WITH GROUND BEEF - SEASON & THYME
EASY TATER TOT CASSEROLE WITH GROUND BEEF - EASY BUDGET RECIPES
TATOR-TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE – DINNER SIDE
TATER TOT COWBOY CASSEROLE - THE SEASONED MOM
THE EASY VENISON TATER TOT RECIPE CASSEROLE - FIN & FIELD
VENISON TATER TOT CASSEROLE OR USE GROUND BEEF RECIPES
THE BEST CHEESY TATER TOT CASSEROLE WITH GROUND BEEF
VENISON TATER TOT CASSEROLE OR USE GROUND BEEF- WIKIFOODHUB
CREAMY CROCK POT MISSISSIPPI BEEFY TATER TOT CASSEROLE
BAKED VENISON TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
SPRINGFORM PAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TATER TOT HOT DISH WITH GROUND VENISON - THE WILDWOOD GLEN
GROUND VENISON TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
46 HEARTY GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
THE BEST TATER TOT CASSEROLE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
BAKED VENISON TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TATER TOT CASSEROLE - CULINARY HILL
THE EASIEST VENISON RECIPE YOU WILL EVER NEED - DEER AND DEER …
DEER TATER TOT CASSEROLE | RECIPE | VENISON BURGERS, DEER RECIPES, …
HAMBURGER TATER TOT CASSEROLE - MESS FOR LESS
EASY CHEESY TATER TOT CASSEROLE WITH GROUND BEEF (EASY DINNER …
VENISON COWBOY CASSEROLE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SEARCH FOR RECIPES
GROUND VENISON HOT DISH - WIDE OPEN EATS
You'll also love